3/5 Instance: All Work and No Play

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/5 Instance: All Work and No Play

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Tigra: Tigra was only now getting around to unpacking her things. She lined up all her shinies on her shelf in order of preference and stood back to admire them. Pretty! Now she just had to stick them down... where did she put the sticky stuff? She dug around through the packaging materials on her bed, getting stuck to on all sides because of all the tape she'd used.

Sophia: Sophia slipped into the room and closed the door behind her, eyeing all the packaging and such, "Finally moving in?"

Tigra: Tigra looked round, several things stuck to her fur, "Huh? Oh... yeah... can you see any sticky stuff for sticking things to shelves so they don't fall down? I lost it..."

Sophia: "I'm assuming you aren't talking about the things stuck to you..." she grinned and moved over to look around.

Tigra: "No... I took them out of these.... and buried the sticky... no tape - tape bad." tape did not agree with her, as the many pieces of packaging would testify.

Sophia: "Hm..." Sophia looked through some of the stuff, trying to figure out what sticky stuff Tigra needed. "This makes me so glad I've already unpacked."

Tigra: "Well whether I do it now or weeks ago I'd still have this problem..." she leaned over the side of her bed to check under it, "Heeeere sticky stuff...."

Sophia: "Oh! This sticky stuff?" Sophia triumphantly held up a package.

Tigra: "Yes! Gimme!" Tigra swiped for it, careful of her claws and tumbled from the bed in the process, "I'm okay!" she popped back up again and opened up the packet to set about her task of securing the shinies.

Sophia: She grinned, "Anything else you need help with?"

Tigra: "Um..." she flicked her tail to shake of a particularly stubborn piece of packaging, "Maybe putting all this somewhere... I don't want to throw it away 'cause it's still good..."

Sophia: "Maybe just stick it in some corner that we'll never use?" Sophia suggested.

Tigra: "That could work... or I could stuff it in a suitcase or something... when I put all my clothes away...."

Sophia: "Guess save doing something with it for last, then..."

Tigra: "Yeah... except I'm bored now and I like to sleep in my bed..." she frowned between the pile of packaging and her closet, "Okay I got a plan."

Sophia: "A good plan or a bad plan?"

Tigra: "A good one - all of that," she pointed at the packaging, "Is going in there." she pointed at the closet, "then I will have my bed and I won't have to put my clothes away yet."

Sophia: Sophia eyed the closet and nodded, "So, then it all has to be moved when you need to put away your clothes?"

Tigra: "Yeah... or I won't put away my clothes... one of the above..." she hopped down having finished sticking things and went to gather up the wrapping to stuff in the closet... which was easier said that done because half of it stuck to her when she stepped back.

Sophia: "Not putting the clothes away sounds like the best way to do it," she threw in and moved to flop down on her bed.

Tigra: Tigra flailed a little bit 'til all the things stopped sticking to her and hurriedly closed the door before it all fell out. "I win!" She grinned then climbed onto her own bed and lay down, rolling around a little bit to get comfy.

Sophia: "Yay!" Sophia cheered, "Now just don't open the closet again, or all the packaging will take its revenge..."

Tigra: "Yeah... we don't want that... it could get ugly..." she looked up at her shelf of shiny. Happy!

Sophia: "For the packaging, I'm guessing," she grinned. "How was your summer?"

Tigra: She looked back over at her, "Pretty awesome - I was with Cess the whole time. Met her family, did some camping, saw my brother. Nice.... You?"

Sophia: "Awesome. I hung out with Chris, went to see my family in Mexico..."

Tigra: "Have fun? That's what summer's for, right?"

Sophia: "Yeah, I got to see all my siblings, so it was pretty fun," she nodded, "That's what it's supposed to be for."

Tigra: "Good. Fun is good... I miss fun since I came back - been working all the time...." she frowned a little.

Sophia: Sophia made a face, "I've been working on stuff for classes."

Tigra: "I've been trying not to accidentally nap through class and get my homework in on time... but when I'm not here I'm at my job... I'm kinda thinking I'm going to explode if I don't have some fun sometime - it's why I didn't unpack yet. No time..."

Sophia: "Ew. That sucks. Think about trying to get less hours? I mean, I know it means less money, but more free time..."

Tigra: "Well... I like my job... but my mutation means I sleep away a lot of my free time... and caffeine doesn't really effect me so I'm kinda screwed..."

Sophia: "Homework, then sleep? Or at least attempt to do that?" Sophia glanced over to her, "Or, I could prod you every time you fall asleep and remind you to do homework..."

Tigra: "That's the thing though... I'm doing all my work and turning up for class but I'm so tired in the inbtween time that I just nap and then don't do anything else... which is weird for me because I like to be outside and doing things...."

Sophia: "Well, if you finds things to do, then you won't fall asleep? I don't know," she shrugged.

Tigra: "Maybe.... I'm sure I'll work it out... or find a balance... or maybe just hope that work gets less busy and then I won't have to be there as much."

Sophia: "Those all sound like decent ideas."

Tigra: "Oh yeah they sound like it... but they might not be... I'll let you know how it goes... If you come back and I've written all over the walls you know it failed..."

Sophia: "As long as you don't go all axe-weilding crazy, we should be good."

Tigra: "I don't need an axe - I got in-built claws," she grinned fangily.

Sophia: "True," Sophia returned the grin.

Tigra: "But don't worry, I'll be fine. I may not get much playtime but naptime is just as good... well nearly... naptime plus cheesecake would do it though."

Sophia: "Both of those sound awesome."

Tigra: "Yeah... I kinda want cheesecake now... shall we get some?"

Sophia: "I think that sounds like a good plan," Sophia nodded and sat up, "Think there's any in the kitchen, or will we have to go out to get it?"

Tigra: "I don't think we should eat anything that looks like cheesecake in the fridge - Selene might have done something to it..." she got to her feet, "I can drive us into the city - I know a good place."

Sophia: "You drive, I pay?" she suggested, adding, "Since I don't really have to work for money and all."

Tigra: "Sounds good to me! ... Though I should put some actual clothes on and some shoes... they don't like serving me when I look like a cat, they get paranoid for some crazy reason...."