3/19 Instance: A Whole New World

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/19 Instance: A Whole New World

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Adam poked his head around the door, almost completely buried under far too much blue gauze and material then was strictly good for him. He wasn't entirely sure why he'd agreed to this - with Jean-Paul of all people - but maybe the guy would hold up his end of the bargain. And why the hell did he care if he didn't or not?

He eyeballed the room, sidling into it. "JP? Aaaanybody home?"

"I ask myself that very same question each time I see you." Jean-Paul crossed his arms in front of him, just taking a moment to appreciate the sheer volume of the blue gause that he appeared to be talking to.

"So, exactly how much of that will actually go on you and how much is just to make you one with the frilly girl inside?"

Adam actually smiled sheepishly. "Well, most days, I'm not entirely sure who's home when it comes to me either." He rearranged the gauze and dumped the lot on a nearby table. "There is no 'frilly girl'." He poked his tongue out. "I just get paranoid I haven't got enough material. The left-overs'll probably be shoved into Bit's nest."

"I'm sure that Bit will enough eating through your inner princess." Jean-Paul just grinned. "Though he might look at you funny when you first give the offering I'd think. Though he's probably used to colourful, isn't he?"

Adam grumbled a little. "I don't have an inner princess." He took off the satchel bag with the pictured of the costume in, dumping that on the table too. "Well yes. I like colourful. Remember? That's my 'plumage'." He shot JP a half-glare, as if daring him to bring up the club, and started pulling out the designs. "Besides. He gets attacked with food dye."

"Are you seriously going to use the word plumage around me and not expect me to make some reference to mating?" Jean-Paul looked half mournful at the idea that anyone would even consider something like that possible.

"...Fuck. Can you seriously turn any form of innocent conversation into something vaguely dirty, Jean-Paul?" He poked the gauze savagely. "Or more to the point, why bother around me? To put it bluntly, it ain't gonna work." Another poke, and the gauze deflated a little.

"Yes, I can. It's my other mutation." He smiled, quite pleased with himself. "and I'm doing it because it's fun and it bugs you, not because I want anything to work so stop taking it out on your blue fluff."

"But it's there and it's fun and I think you'd enjoy me poking you a little too much." Adam turned to him, giving him an odd half-smile. "Look, how about we call a truce long enough for you to help me make this bloody thing. You get to stick needles in me and everything." The smile was a little demented that time, though his eyes were slightly narrowed.

"You might just have to take a number. I'm by no means desperate." Jean-Paul just shook his head, smirking as he tugged some fabric free to give it a look over. "Oh, I can't wait to wrap you in glorified tulle and stab you with sharp things. Let's get to work on this."

Adam snickered a little. "Don't tempt me, I might actually do it one day." He paused a second. Waaait. Oh hell. Maybe if he didn't call attention to it... "So. Anyway. I got a load of sheets, there were some patterns on a few cosplay sites, you know? Figured they might help..." He trailed off lamely.

Jean-Paul's eyebrow went straight up and the smirk on his face all ready just spread to shit-eating grin levels. He didn't say a word, not a word.

"So I guess we start with the waistband, drape the gauze, and then put elastic in the bottom, yeah?"

"Uuuh..." He felt the real need to back up against the wall at that grin. "...Yeah. Yeah, sounds about right." Adam nodded, pushing the urge down, rubbing his gloved hands together. "You um. You handy with a needle then? Guess you must be the wife of any relationship..."

"No, I'm just amused that after everything it'll be me stabbing you and you can't complain because I'm helping." Jean-Paul's voice sounded amused but Adam was recieving the stink-eye for that.

It was Adam's turn for the shit-eating grin at that. "Who said I had a problem with being stabbed? Come on, a needle versus these?" He held an arm away from Jean-Paul, snapping out a blade, before snapping it back in. "Not a needle phobic. Do your worst." He wavered a little. "...You're not expecting me to get undressed, I hope." He pulled out a length of elastic.

"Did you measure out your waistband before getting down here?" Yes, Jean-Paul would do his worst.

...Fuck. "No. In retrospect, that would have been a good idea, wouldn't it."

"I suppose you might as well keep whatever underthings you perfer on. Unless you really want to commit to the costume but I'm not helping sew that. Knowing your personal support needs would probably be too much for you, yeah?"

"Oh shut up." Adam rolled his eyes, visibly blushing as he pulled his boots and strappy trousers off, showing a pair of heavily-scarred, oddly hairless legs. "I wear boxers, just like every other guy - just watch where those hands go or I swear to God, I'll hurt you."

"You'll have to take a number on the being groped list as well. I still have my options and I'd prefer a more cooperative and internally at peace with the idea person. What happened to you?" Jean-Paul motioned to the legs in question, not bothering with tact at all as the idea was absolutely foreign to him.

"Just fire that killed my parents and too many years of self-harming as a result." Adam shrugged. "Don't tell me it bothers you." He grinned, about as tactless as JP.

"Just curious, glad to know you don't shave because that would truly skew my assumptions of you." Jean-Paul shrugged back, digging through the gauze to get to a more solid fabric for the waistband.

Adam dangled the elastic with a smirk. "Nope. Never shaved. Don't let any other blade 'cept my own near me." He scratched at his cheek, then at the small goatee. "...Well, except my face. But no one wants to see me with a full beard. I'm ugly enough as it is."

"That is another reason I refuse to accept being part of Canada. Beards." He wrinkled his nose at the very idea. "Beards are a bad thing and definitely would not do for your costume."

"Nope. Jasmine with a beard...sounds like an interesting new fetish." He shuddered. "Don't like beards. Evil things."

"I'm not sure about new. People had to go to those bearded lady sideshows for some kind of jollies." Jean-Paul darted down and wrapped the fabric around Adam's waist, penning it in place. "So, should I just sew you into it or do we have some form of button or zipper we're using?"

"Velcro. Sod buttons and zips, they're too difficult to sew." Adam nodded, though he tried to hide the shudder at the closeness of the other guy. Odd...usually he wasn't so bad when he was semi-having a good day. Mneh. JP must have really got under his skin.

"I'll make a note of the fact you'll be easily pantsed then." Jean-Paul did a quick number on the waistband, adding the velcros and going for the gauze. "Right, don't know what I'm doing but we'll figure this out."

"...I'll be wearing underwear, not that easily done." Adam rubbed his shoulders for a moment. "Hey, I'm no seamstress myself. We'll be fiiine. That's another reason there's so much gauze - plenty of room to make mistakes, mmm?"

"You underestimate my skills, friend. I'll be good, don't worry." Jean-Paul looked at the fabric, pulling a face and starting to attempt...something with it.

"...I'm sure you will be." Adam muttered, reaching out and picking up one of the pictures. "Shame I can't get a real tiger to use, though. For some reason the zookeeper in the New York Zoo hung up on me when I phoned to ask..."

"Maybe you can leash Tigra."

"Only if I'm allowed to skin her too." Adam smirked. "Her fur's soft, and my pillow's getting petted bare."

"I'll make no judgement calls where you and your bedding is concerned."

"Good. I like soft things and chocolate, and that's all I'm going to say on the matter." He grinned. "Done yet?"

"Nope, it's time for needles." Jean-Paul was swift enough with them though, not purposefully poking. "I'm more a fan of hard things..."

"Really? So no - ow - furry pillows or teddy bears for - ow - you then, just floorboards? I suppose that does your back a lot of - ow - good." His grin said it all, not exactly vicious. "As well as other things."

"I was going for the joke but yes, yes it does." Jean-Paul just grinned, stopping to survey his work. "Do they look like pants to you?"

Adam looked down, tugging a bit at the billowing fabric. He was glad it wasn't see-through like he'd been afraid it was. "...If I was the sort to wear big pants regularly...yes." He consulted the picture, then held it up for Jean-Paul. "Yes?"

"I think so, move around so we're sure it'll hold."

Adam did has he was told, trying to dodge the pins that were still in it and pulling a face. "Makes me feel like there's nothing there. Let's hope I don't have to go out anywhere, hmm?"

"Let's hope that and that it won't be snowing as you do." Jean-Paul just smiled, amused. "Are you going to take up belly dancing for this?"

"Doesn't matter. I don't feel the cold." Adam grinned. "And...do I need to?" He looked a little worried for a moment. "Though...if you're gonna teach me..." He looked thoughtful for a moment.

Qua? Jean-Paul blinked for a moment. "I'm afraid I don't know how but if you learn I'll learn."

"That's more than tempting, you know." Adam grinned. "Alright, if I decide to make an idiot out of myself, I'll hold you to that." He tilted his head at Jean-Paul, blue eyes calculating.

"You just want to see me dance." Jean-Paul preened but didn't say he wouldn't do it at all.

"Well yes." He paused. "Uh. I mean, come on, a guy belly-dancing? You belly-dancing? I wouldn't miss it for the world." Oh wow, this was a deep hole he was in. Adam twitched.

"It'd be a tragedy to miss." Jean-Paul assured him, looking quite pleased with himself.

"Oh, shut up and get sewing, wifey." Adam grumbled. "You find someone to teach us? Fine, I'll do it, so long as you do too."

'Wifey' got a very vindictive stab in a nice and fleshy part. "I'm sure there's some dance lessons to be had in the city. It's just a phonecall away. You're not going to blush that hard at the instructor, are you?"

"Oooh. Do it again, that felt nice." Adam grinned at Jean-Paul. "Blush? I'm not blushing. Your eyes are funny. Why'd I be blushing?"

"You're having wild fantasies of me dancing. Why does anyone ever blush?"

"...I don't fantasize. It's a talent." Adam poked Jean-Paul. "And I'm not blushing. How come you don't like being called wife? You're the one sewing."

"I don't have girly bits, therefore not applicable."

"Don't need girly bits, just a skirt - which I'm sure you'd look lovely in." He grinned. Finally, something he could needle JP with!! "Besides, if we do this dancing thing? I'm not doing the female part."

"It's not even a partnered kind of dance so I don't even know what you're talking about." He just shook his head. "And you'd best watch talking about any clothing choices beings as we're about to sew you up a nice bra, right?"

"...Comeback taken. I deserved that one." Adam grinned. "Alright, alright. You don't call me Denial, I don't call you Wife, how's that?" He considered a moment. "There's probably still photos of what I wore for last year's Halloween. It's the only time of year I willingly crossdress."

"That sounds like a nice trade. In any case I don't think yours is completely fitting anymore." He didn't elaborate on that any more, instead attempting to fashion the top of the costume, doing a poor job of it and quickly redoing it. "I'll have to see these."

"...Huh?" Adam tilted his head, blinking. "Uuuh...I've got them somewhere. I'll dig 'em out for you." He twitched slightly, staring at Jean-Paul's back for a moment. "...Um. Can I get dressed now? I uh. I'm feeling a little...exposed...and I should probably...you know...go and take some meds." Suddenly he needed to get the hell away from the other guy, though he wasn't sure why.

He nodded. "Sure, this is all pinned for you anyway so you should be able to finish it up, no problem." Oh the uneasiness, it was almost palpable and Jean-Paul was trying hard not to acknowledge it too much.

Adam carefully took the material off, pulling his jeans and boots back on. "Uuuh...keep the pictures and...yeah...I'll...I'll see you 'round I guess, keep me posted about finding dance classes I gotta go bye!" With that, he blurred out, trying to get from the room so fast his wake dragged paper after him.