tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/26 Game: Children of the Corn

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: Tues. Oct. 22nd

JeanPaul: Old farmer Macendale was eyeing the collection of students in...interesting costumes approach his hay wagon and tractor and...well...he wished he didn't do this for people anymore and was muttering in his cab, spitting out his tobacco at kids these days.

JeanPaul: "So...we sit here...in the cold...on hay?" Jean-Paul was not seeing the appeal.

Callie: "Oh, how fun!" Callie said, drawing her cloak tighter around herself. She dimpled at the driver. "I have been in carriage rides but nothing like this!" She waited for a gentleman to help her climb up.

Pietro: Pietro slid to a stop beside Callie, "Hi," he grinned.

Callie: "Hello! This is going to be fun, yes?" She did a little squirmy dance.

Pietro: "Hopefully.... need a hand up?"

Callie: "Thank you." She took his hand and alighted. "And you are supposed to be a doctor?"

Toxic: Adam stared at the wagon, hanging back a little and pulling the cloak tighter around his figure. Oh man, this was a bad idea...Jean-Paul were there. He chewed his lip, adjusting the long black wig. Uuuurgh...

JeanPaul: "I should have rethought my costume. Maybe not paint on some of it." He shrugged, going to the wagon and hopping up. "Coming aboard, Adam? I don't think they hay bites...is it hay or straw?"

Pietro: "A mad scientist," Pietro replied with another grin, "And you?"

Toxic: Fuckit. Adam did as he was told, pulling himself up, checking the costume still sat alright before covering it back up. He opened his mouth to say something to JP, thought about what he was about to say and closed it again. "Yeah...maybe...you should've."

Callie: "The lady online said it was a steampunk Time Jumper. I just liked the dress since it was made of an old army parachute. I think it suits you, though," she said sweetly. "Do you want my cloak, Jean-Paul? You are looking cold."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow at JP and moved ever so discreetly away from him a little.

JeanPaul: "No thanks, I'll suffer for the costume. Plus I've got cookies to comfort me, want some?" He held out his tray. "What's a Keebler elf without his cookies?"

Callie: "A Keebler Elf?" She took a cookie.

Pietro: Mmm cookies. Pietro resisted. With some difficulty.

Toxic: Adam poked the miscellaneous dead grass into a suitable thing to curl up into and fidgeted with the tail of his wig, rearranging the headband. "Can I have a cookie?" He said after eyeballing them for a moment.

JeanPaul: "Dead sexy one at that. I figure I've got the ears for it, I might as well go for it." Jean-Paul gave his most charming of grins and held out the cookies to the others. "Take at will. I'm loose with my cookies."

Callie: Callie grabbed a few more and put them into her purse. "For later."

Pietro: Pietro shook his head, "I'm good, thanks."

Toxic: "Loose with other things too." Adam muttered under his breath as he took one, and sniffed it to make sure there was nothing else in it. Mmm...chocolate...

JeanPaul: "You assume as much, don't you?" Jean-Paul took the chance to preen. "I wasn't aware you'd know, Jasmine."

JeanPaul: "Reed! Get on the wagon before the old farmer spits his 'chew'n 'bacco' on you!" Jean-Paul waved his friend over.

Toxic: Adam nearly choked on the nibble of cookie. "I don't." He muttered. "Though...your costume...is really good...and thanks for helping me with mine. I don't look too weird in it."

Reed: Running over as best as he could, Reed climbed up onto the wagon. He hoped he had held onto some of his little remaining dignity. "I think I accidentally flashed someone."

JeanPaul: "Nope, you look fine. Maybe someone will even show you the world in it." Jean-Paul grinned wide at Reed. "Well, that's sort of the point of the costume, buddy." He held out his hand to help him up.

Callie: "Hi, Reed! And I'm sure they enjoyed it!"

Pietro: "Thankfully not me..." Pietro muttered... wondering what the heck it was with people this year...

Toxic: "Oh shut up. Unless you have a magic carpet, that is."

JeanPaul: "A carpet man, are you? Not intereted in any Brazilian wood floors."

Toxic: "I don't know. Do they give you friction burns?"

JeanPaul: "You can come in for a nice landing." Jean-Paul smirked, glad someone was playing along.

Callie: Callie just smiled and looked around as the wagon started to move, as she had no clue what anyone was talking about.

Pietro: Pietro looked between Adam and JP and decided not to get involved. Safer. He turned to Callie, "So we got permission for our project."

Callie: "The garden? Good!"

Toxic: "Very smooth." Adam countered. "But too easy to slide off." ...Was this flirting? Was he flirting with Jean-Paul? He didn't want to flirt with JP. That was counter-productive to ignoring.

Pietro: "Yeah, Professor Munroe is all for the idea... as long as there are roses. I promised."

JeanPaul: "You have to get a good grip on things, you know." Jean-Paul plopped himself down on one of the square bales, looking around. "This is...rustic."

Reed: Settling into the hay, Reed jumped up and yelped, turning bright red. He reached back and pulled a piece of hay out of his backside and pushed his skirt down.

Toxic: "I'm good with grip. You know...superstrength and all..." He was glad it was dark. He nibbled his cookie again. "So...what're we meant to be doing in all this hay? Can we throw it at people?"

Pietro: Pietro blinked at Reed, suppressed a shudder and then decided brains needed a backspace key.

Callie: "You should have worn something longer, Reed. But...I think I am jealous. Your legs look nicer than mine."

JeanPaul: "Yeah, I'm getting the same problem...the shorts are just too short for hay." Jean-Paul considered that, grabbing a handful of it and tossing it. "I think so."

Toxic: "Gauze is a pain in the ass. That's why I bought a cloak too." Adam moved the material aside to show the Princess Jasmine outfit. "I mean...it's not like I can get cold...or anyone else if they don't mind me warming them up-" Brain! Stop! Now!

Callie: "I can sit over there and spread my skirts out and you can sit on them...I really should have dressed like a man to fit with your costumes! Why did nobody fill me in on this plan of cross dressing?"

Pietro: "I'm suddenly glad I don't get cold either.... and I'm wondering the same thing, Callie... .I think I would have brought a blindfold then..."

Reed: Reed grinned at Callie ", I know.....I'm going to be picking hay out of my skirt and ass all night after this." He laughed a little ", oh god, Adam, I did not expect that."

JeanPaul: "A blindfold? Are you insane, we're beautiful here!" Jean-Paul decided it was time to pose in his skimpy cookie elf fashions.

Callie: Callie sat back and watched events unfold, wondering if there would be a threesome at some point.

JeanPaul: "I helped him make his too...I am apparently the goto person for building crossdressing costumes this season."

Callie: "I have a handkerchief that yu could use, Pietro."

Pietro: Pietro resolutely stared in the other direction so as not to see JP's posing.

Toxic: "No - I mean-" Adam flailed a little. "I-it's part of my mutation, I-I can control blood and that means the temperature of it...l-like...um..." He trailed off, watching JP, then realised what he was doing and shook his head. "I could...probably demonstrate...might be easier..."
Toxic: "I didn't mean...what you thought I meant."

JeanPaul: "Well, well, come on baby light our fires."

Callie: Callie bit back a snort. Oh, the innuendo!

Toxic: Adam stared hard at Jean-Paul, eye twitching slightly. "Don't tempt me."

Reed: Reed looked over at Jean-Paul ", do I get a cookie?"

JeanPaul: "Of course you get a cookie!" Jean-Paul held his tray out. "You get all the cookies you want." he arched an eyebrow at the tempting though. "But I've got tasty treats, I'm supposed to tempt!"

Reed: "Cookie," Reed grinned and grabbed a cookie, munching happily. He was so easy to please. He kicked his legs a bit and looked around the hayride.

JeanPaul: "I mean, seriously, who would want to resist my tasty treats?"

Pietro: Pietro chanced a glance in JP's direction when the talking seemed to start up again in earnest. It was probably safe to look again now.

Toxic: Adam stared at JP, then at the cookie, and then his irises faded from blue to red as he nibbled it a little.

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul nibbled at one of his cookies, sitting up properly now and picking bits of hay off of himself. "Though now feeling a bit warmer, that's better." He grumbled as they hit a bump though. "No appreciation for my cookies with these bumps."

Toxic: Adam smiled a little. "I'm appreciating your cookie. I'm just not able to eat it that fast. Remember?"

Callie: "Or girls wearing bustles! Ouch."

JeanPaul: "I must say, the bustle is quite something. Did you order it or build it yourself?"

Pietro: Pietro looked over at Callie again, "You alright?"

Callie: "Oh yes, just a bit bruised on the backside."

Illyana: Illyana, who had taken far too long to get her look as a sexy assistant for Pietro, finally teleported to the others... and right onto Pietro's lap.

JeanPaul: "My God, she has a homing device for your crotch!"

Pietro: Pietro was grateful for his speed since it compensated well for the surprise of having Illyana suddenly appear in his lap. "Heeey!" he hugged her.

Reed: Reed looked over as Illyana and blinked, then took another cookie and munched happily.

Illyana: Illyana giggled and hugged Pietro back. "Surprise!"

Toxic: Adam stole a cookie and held it out wordlessly to Illyana with a smile.

Illyana: "Thanks Adam!" Illyana took it happily.

Callie: Oh boy. "Indeed she does, Jean-Paul!"

Pietro: "You're late," Pietro told her, kissing her on the cheek as he settled his arms around her. She could stay where she was now.

JeanPaul: "Alas, my lap, he is empty." Jean-Paul looked down, pouting and using his hat to fan himself a bit.

Illyana: Illyana pouted a bit. "I couldn't get my hair to look right..."

Reed: He snickered a bit ", it does sort of seem that way, doesn't it?" He looked to Jean-Paul ", I'm sure he'll survive for a while."

Toxic: Adam smirked at JP. "Getting a wee bit hot there are ye?"

Pietro: "Well it looks just fine how it is... it always looks good to me." Pietro managed not to roll his eyes. Girls.

JeanPaul: "It's loooonely, and yes, which makes no sense at all..." Jean-Paul gave Adam the eye though, suspecting something amiss.

Illyana: Illyana gave him a half glare half smile. She kissed his cheek. "Thank you!" She munched on her cookie, not sure that was really a compliment.

Toxic: "I thought there was a queue of people for you, JP?" Adam smirked a little around the cookie. "So why's your lap lonely?"

JeanPaul: "Because the queue isn't on the wagon, unfortunately." Oh god, there was sap present. He threw hay at the sappy couple.

Pietro: Pietro frowned at the hay hitting the side of his head.

Toxic: Adam took the distraction as a chance to steal JP's hat.

JeanPaul: "Heeey! Don't take my accessories!"

Toxic: "Why not? You look better without a hat."

JeanPaul: "You just want to take clothes away from me, that's all. I'll cut you off fo cookies, I will."

Callie: "What clothes?"

Reed: Reed settled down again next to Jean-Paul and leaned back against the side of the ride, hand dipping out of view over the edge and under the cart. It snaked up the other side and tapped Pietro on the shoulder, then ducked out of view.

JeanPaul: "...good point." Jean-Paul had to agree with Callie while he tried to get his hat.

Toxic: The blush would have been beautiful if it wasn't too dark to see, something Adam was eternally grateful for. "No. I just want your hat." He kept his eyes down in the pretense of fidgeting with it as they flared again.

Pietro: Pietro looked round at the tap, frowning slightly when he didn't see the source.

Reed: He did it again, this time to the other shoulder. On the other side of the ride, he was looking as casual as he could. Though he did give a bit of a look between Adam and Jean-Paul.

Illyana: Illyana tilted her head to the side a bit, concerned with his frown. Her face posed the unasked question of what was wrong.

Pietro: Pietro frowned at Reed. "You know I see everything super fast too? You can't get me with the same trick twice."

Reed: He rolled his eyes ", way to ruin a Halloween trick, Pietro." He pulled his hand back and pouted.

Pietro: "Try harder next time, you're a smart guy. That was amateurish." he shook his head disappointingly.

JeanPaul: "Yes, yes, we're all special little snowflakes." Jean-Paul grabbed onto his hat and tried to put it back on. "And you!" He poked Adam's gauzey bra. "My paint's sweating off!"

Reed: "Halloween isn't about being smart, it's about having fun."

Pietro: "You can't do both at once?" he raised an eyebrow.

Illyana: "I am 'aving fun." Illyana smiled happily.

Toxic: "Hey! My hat! Adam's hand blurred, snatching it back before JP could react before flailing at him for touching him. "Watch it! That's pierced. And what's it to me?" He smirked, eyes back to normal. "Must be something you ate."

Reed: "You can but there has to be at least one day of the year that I get to act my age, right?" He looked around ", we should be doing a walkthrough, not a ride through.....more tense."

Callie: "I prefer the wagon. But walking might warm us up a bit."

JeanPaul: "I think we're stopping anyway." Jean-Paul announced as the wagon slowed. In truth the farmer was getting tired of the super speed jumping around that was going on in the wagon for the hat and figured turning them loose was best.

Toxic: "Oooh. Can we go drinking?"

JeanPaul: He squinted as they topped the hill and the tractor did indeed stop. "What's with all the corn?"

Pietro: Pietro looked around and shrugged, hugging Illyana tight again, glad that she was there.

Reed: Reed grinned and rubbed his hands together.

Pietro: He stood up with Illyana, setting her on her feet, "So I guess we just get down now?"

JeanPaul: "Your party things are in there. It's a maze, here's where I leave you." The farmer was starting his tractor up again, waiting for them to get out all ready.

Illyana: Illyana tried hard not to make a face. She hadn't planned on a lot of walking.

JeanPaul: "Well..that explains that." Jean-Paul shrugged, hopping out and holding out his arm to help people down.

Pietro: Pietro climbed down and waited to help Illyana do the same.

Toxic: Adam slid out of the cart, taking JP's hand gratefully and then stealing his hat again. "Why thank you, kind sir. You know how to show a princess a good time." He smiled. "So. Maze."

Illyana: Illyana took Pietro's offered help to get down to the ground. It couldn't be too bad... if she got fed up with it she could teleport to the end... right?

Callie: Callie jumped off looking very dashing. "I do not like mazes."

Pietro: "I do," Pietro grinned. "But I promise, in the spirit of fun, not to cheat.... until I get bored."

JeanPaul: "I know how to show anyone a good time, though Princesses usually miss out on the highlights." Jean-Paul gave his best smirk, grabbing for his hat.

Toxic: "Nah-ah." Adam blurred out of his reach. "Maybe later." He wagged his finger with a half-smile. As he turned away, his eyes flared again.

JeanPaul: "So, who wants to split up for the maze, could at least make it more interesting. Whoever gets there first gets to drink all the good drinks and start the pagan orgies?"

Pietro: ".... I'll let you win."

Callie: "I'm on your team!" Callie Grabbed his arm.

JeanPaul: "I am in high demand!" Jean-Paul preened.

Toxic: "I'm totally on his team." He pointed to JP. This was where having the rural upbringing would be awesome. "That's probably because you're easy, dear." Adam grinned.

Pietro: "Well okay... shall we get going?" Pietro was already the wrong side nearly bored.

Reed: For his part, Reed was bouncing a bit and grinning. He did so love a challenge and a maze was definitely a challenge. He grinned at Jean-Paul.

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul snatched his hat back and beat Adam's head with it. "Nothing about me is easy! I am hard in all ways." He huffed, starting out for the maze.

Toxic: "...Oh really, Jean-Paul?" Adam blurred, watching a line of paint roll off with fascination before shaking himself out of it. "Isn't that a side effect of being easy?"

Reed: Reed watched the two of them and pouted a bit, following.

Pietro: Pietro face-palmed at JP and Adam then looked at Illyana, holding out his arm to her. "Shall we?"

Callie: "Boys! Either go behind a wall of corn and get it on, or let's go! I'm freezing."

Toxic: "..." Adam stared at Callie. "...I don't swing like that. I don't swing at all."

Illyana: Illyana took Pietro's arm. Her classmates were so confusing sometimes.

Callie: She quirked an eyebrow. "You could have fooled me."

JeanPaul: "He'd go into gay panic shock!" Jean-Paul whacked Adam again, stuffing the hat on his head. "I'm too much to handle for a first experiment."

Pietro: Pietro smiled at Illyana and headed towards the maze, "Think we should choose a different direction to them if there's the option?" he said quietly.

Reed: "Me too," he looked around the corn and reached out to touch it.

Toxic: "I - what? But - I don't-" Adam floundered, settling for staring at his feet. "...Let's just do the maze." He mumbled, straightening the Jasmine wig. Jesus, he was confused...

JeanPaul: "So...anyone got a good idea on which way to go?" Jean-Paul looked at the left branch, then the right, pondering.

Callie: She pointed with her parasol. "That way, men!" She went right.

Illyana: Illyana nodded to Pietro. "I'm sure we can find a way..." She whispered back to him.

Pietro: Pietro watched Callie march off down the right path, "We're going left." he said decisively, steering Illyana that way, fairly confident the others would follow Callie.

Reed: Reed went right and straightened his skirt. "I'm just wondering when things are going to start happening."

JeanPaul: "Aye, aye, ma'am." Jean-Paul gladly followed Callie, marching off happily now despite most of his painted on shirt sweating off and his cookies being all gone. He had his hat back.

JeanPaul: "things happen? It's a maze...of corn. What, are there going to be raccoon?"

Illyana: Illyana relaxed when she was alone with Pietro, sliding her arm down to take his hand in her's, lacing their fingers. "It is so peaceful out 'ere."

Callie: "Things start happening?"

Reed: "Have you never been to a Halloween attraction? At night," Reed smirked a bit and wandered ahead.

Toxic: "You hang around JP and you're wondering that?" Adam muttered, trailing after them and trying to order his thoughts. He glared at JP's back, eyes flaring red again. Little sod. He didn't want to injure him, just make him uncomfortably hot.

Pietro: "Yeah," Pietro smiled at Illyana, "It's kind of nice... are you warm enough?"

Callie: "Never."

JeanPaul: "Usually my halloween nights involve...different things."

Reed: Reed gave a wicked grin over his shoulder ", it's not JUST meant to be confusing..."

Illyana: "I am ok for now. I may get chilled soon though." Illyana looked up at the sky.

JeanPaul: "Maybe we should have stalked after Pietro and Illyana, give them a good scare." Jean-Paul smirked, shaking his head.

Pietro: "If you get cold, let me know... I'll lend you my labcoat." he gave her hand a squeeze, glancing up too as they walked.

JeanPaul: There were enough things to give a good scare anyway. A bit in front of Pietro and Illyana were....feet. Rabbit feet, to be exact but they were probably not lucky.

Illyana: "I will. It is beautiful out 'ere, yes? And quiet." Illyana kept a secure grip on Pietro.

JeanPaul: In front of the larger, group, however, was something a bit larger and more gruesome, a deer strung up and peeled back, still draining blood.

Reed: He looked at him, eyebrow up and then turned back to the front. He saw the deer and looked around, frowning, then approached slowly.

Callie: Callie gripped her parasol tightly. She looked up and screamed, fainting dead away.

Pietro: "Yeah...." or it would be... he frowned as a smell drifted towards them. He turned his head, instantly steering Illyana the other way. She didn't need to see that.

Illyana: Illyana blinked when she heard the scream. "Peeto..." She tensed, gripping his hand more firmly.

Toxic: Adam stopped dead in his tracks as the blood-sense suddenly near-overwhelmed him, the smell enough to make his eyes flare solid red. he held a hand up to his nose, trying to block it out but hell, he could still taste it. "Hnn-"

JeanPaul: "...eww." Jean-Paul zipped up, catching Callie and settling her down against some of the stalks. "What the hell?"

Reed: Reed leaned closer and sniffed ", real blood.....but I don't think it's a real deer....."

Pietro: Pietro stood between Illyana and the rabbit feet so she didn't see them, putting his arms around her. "I heard.... do you want to find them or...?"

JeanPaul: "Why do you say that...it looks...meaty."

Toxic: Despite himself, he drifted up to the deer, poking it. "Oh...trust me...I know it's real blood..." He said vaguely, red eyes flicking to Reed and then to his bloodied hand. "Mmm..." Okay...he probably...should have taken his meds...

JeanPaul: Behind Illyana, there was corn shifting, someone walking ahead and off of the path.

Reed: "Well for one, when we started out, there was a group with small kids. So I don't think anything in here is really real and as truly gruesome as we think."

JeanPaul: "Maybe they didn't go to the maze?"

Pietro: Pietro frowned at the shape over Illyana's shoulder, tightening his grip on her protectively. There was someone else here.

Toxic: Absently, without really knowing what he was doing, Adam licked his hand clean.

JeanPaul: "...ewwww!" Jean-Paul just stared at Adam. "...eww!"

Illyana: "I... I don't know..." Illyana buried her face into Pietro. Wasn't this supposed to be fun?

Reed: He shrugged and continued to study the deer, then looked around, not even seeing Adam and probably would have ignored that anyway. "We're getting close to something big."

Toxic: "Huh?" Adam blinked, then looked at his hand. "Oh. Oh shit. Um. Sorry...automatic...just...one of those things with blood and..." He trailed off lamely, slicking it off, the blood hanging in the air for a moment before dropping to the ground.

Toxic: "...Sorry..."

Pietro: "Okay... come on... maybe it was just an overreaction to a prank?" He started walking again, making sure to continue blocking her view of the rabbit feet and keeping an eye open for any more mysterious shapes in the corn.

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul gave a shudder and turned on. "Maybe the guy just likes hunting and bagged a good one, let's just keep going...someone grab Callie."

Illyana: Illyana nodded. "The boys would not let 'arm befall her... right?"

Toxic: Adam eyed up Callie. "Um...I haven't got gloves on. Touching is...not...well...touching someone...you know?"

Reed: Reed absently went back and picked Callie up, then headed forward.

Pietro: "Of course not, even when they're busy hitting on each other, I'm sure they'd spare time to rescue a damsel in distress." He gave Illyana a reassuring smile, masking his worry like the consumate professional he'd been raised to be.

Illyana: Illyana smiled and relaxed. "Ok." She took a steadying breath, and was ready to enjoy their walk again.

JeanPaul: The thing moving the corn around Pietro and Illyana's area stopped and turned, coming towards them, the moving corn the only sign of anything.

Toxic: Adam trailed after JP, feeling oddly spacey, hands out and trailing a little. "Well, I can tell you that wasn't human blood." He said with certainty.

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul took the lead, turning right along the next brancing which was the wrong choice. "Gaaah!" He flew up as he felt the ground give way under him, exposing a shallow pit.

Pietro: Pietro glanced behind him, there was enough distance between them and the bits of rabbit. So he switched sides, putting himself between Illyana and whatever it was moving in the corn. Something felt wrong... and familiar. He didn't like it.

Illyana: Illyana gave him an odd look, but said nothing of the side switching.

Toxic: Adam blurred to the edge of the pit, peering into it. "Wow, whoever made this maze is good." He laughed nervously. "Way to keep us on our toes...you alright, JP?"

Callie: Callie slowly came back to consciousness, smiling woozily up at Reed "My hero..oh! That was so horrible!" She held onto Reed tightly. "I am not too heavy?"

Reed: Reed turned the other way, pausing to shift Callie in his arms and look around. He smiled at her and shook his head ", not too heavy at all."

Pietro: Pietro looked into the corn again, trying to see if he could find the shape.

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul was swearing, tugging cobweb out of his hair and hat. "They've netted stuff over the top of the corn. I could have broken my beautiful ass!"

Toxic: "...Your rather multi-coloured ass now, too."

JeanPaul: The shape was lower than Pietro expected and was now running. It was...a raccoon.

Callie: "Good. I don't feel strong enough to walk on my own for a few more minutes. Who would do something to such a beautiful animal?"

JeanPaul: The raccoon saw them and made a snarling squeak, padding away quickly, leaving a trail of red behind it.

Pietro: Pietro sidestepped the raccoon and shook his head at himself. Paranoid. Then he saw the trail of red... Where had that come from?

Illyana: Illyana gasped when she saw the red. "'e is 'urt!?!"

Reed: He shook his head and smiled at her ", I don't think it was real. The blood was real but it's very easy to get a bucket or three of blood if you go to a butcher or hell, work on a farm like this."

JeanPaul: "My ass is an ass of many colours. Joseph's brothers would be jealous." Jean-Paul landed, still trying to pull stuff off of him.

Pietro: "I don't know if it's blood from the raccoon...." Pietro frowned, "We could follow the trail back and look?"

Illyana: "Do we.. want... to do that?"

Toxic: Adam started helping him. Well. 'Helping'. Mostly he was entangling JP more, before stealing the hat again.

Pietro: "I don't but if you do I will..." or he probably would anyway... "I feel like we should..."

JeanPaul: "...my hat." Jean-Paul muttered, giving up and picking the other path.

Toxic: "All your hat are belong to me now."

JeanPaul: "First you take my painted on shirt, now my hat. Are my shorts next?"

Callie: "That would be a sight to see!"

JeanPaul: "Everyone wants me pantless to see my multicoloured ass."

Reed: Reed continued down the path warily. He would be barreling forward but he still had Callie in his arms. He snorted and kept going.

Illyana: Illyana twirled a bit of her hair, looking into the corn. "Shouldn't we stay on the path? I mean, what if we get lost..."

Callie: "I think I feel able to stand on my own."

Pietro: "... You're a teleporter." Pietro reminded her.

JeanPaul: Somewhere in the distance, though closer to Pietro and Illyana's side, a chainsaw could be heard firing up.

Toxic: "Get me drunk enough and they might be." Adam muttered, puttint the hat on over his wig. Then he flushed. "...You're going to take that the wrong way...aren't you?"

JeanPaul: "There's only one way to take it, you want my rainbow ass."

Toxic: Or was it the right way now? Fuck, he didn't know any more.

Callie: "Do you hear that?" Callie jumped back into Reed's arms.

Illyana: "...shush you... who would be cutting down trees in the middle of a corn field? That is not 'ow you 'arvest corn.."

Toxic: "Argh! No I don't! Quit it!" In all his flailing, Adam missed the sound.

Reed: He frowned, then smiled at her and nodded, gently letting her down. Then blinked and held her ", I did...."

Pietro: "Don't know..." He wasn't sure he wanted to either. "Maybe it's just a creepy sound effect?"

Callie: "I don't want to die!"

Selene: Selene wasn't entirely sure how she had ended up inside that maze, or where the others had come from - yet she still found herself walking up behind them. "Hello."

Illyana: "I don't know what is so creepy about it, but shall we go back or go on?" Illyana was a bit impatient to keep moving... though she couldn't explain why.

JeanPaul: "What is that?" Chainsaws weren't exactly common in Jean-Paul's city, despite the lumberjack sterotype...they were okay.

Pietro: "Want to follow the path or backtrack the raccoon?"

Reed: "Shhh you're not going to die, this is just meant to get us all worked up," he looked around sharply at Selene ", oh hey. You're a little late."

Illyana: "Well... there might be a 'urt animal... maybe the raccoon found it? So maybe we should look and see if it needs 'elp?"

Selene: "The funny gnome at the entrance held me up," Selene replied.

JeanPaul: "Gaaah!" Jean-Paul took off again at the site of Selene behind them, hitting the webbing above the corn and swearing as he, again, had to escape it.

Pietro: Pietro internally face-palmed. "Okay..." he took her hand and pushed through the corn, following the trail and keeping tight hold of her.

Illyana: Illyana kept up with Pietro, keeping his hand securely in hers.

Callie: Callie stared at Selene over Reed's shoulder. "Hello, you gave me a fright!" She okd Reed's chest. "I think I will manage to stand now."

Reed: He smiled again and let her down ", you know where to find me if you need to jump into someone's arms again."

Callie: "Yes." She was a bit wobbly but her parasol came in handy as a substitute walking stick.

Pietro: Pietro did see the benefits of not being on the path. No more creepy set up surprises that way.

Callie: She blushed a bit. "So, shall we continue?"

Selene: Selene glanced up towards the sky, a curious frown on her face. "Interesting that it's dark again," she said. "I was pretty sure it was still sunny when I turned that corner a few minutes back."

Toxic: Adam blinked. "Why's everyone panicking again? Also: Hai Sel! You joining the Scooby Gang too?"

Illyana: Illyana was oblivious to the creepy, as Pietro had done a splendid job at shielding her from it. She smiled happily.

JeanPaul: "Yeah..suns gone down yet I'm oddly warm. I don't really need that much heat, Adam."

Toxic: "Don't know what you're talking about." Oooh. He'd forgotten about that. Adam turned up JP's internal thermostat again.

JeanPaul: Ahead of Pietro and Illyana was a clearing in the corn where a little lean-to had been set up with a hutch of rabbits settled in asleep.

Pietro: Pietro grew tense at the sight of the rabbit hutches. Oh God, please let them be alive and with feet....

Illyana: Illyana cooed the moment she saw the bunnies, rushing to get a better look.

JeanPaul: The rabbits were fine and dandy, it was the lean-to that looked more than a bit shady.

Pietro: Illyana had left his side before he'd had a chance to stop her, but there was no screaming so... it was okay... he used her bunny shaped distraction to investigate the lean-to.

Reed: Reed smiled and nodded ", yeah, lets see what else they have to throw at us."

Illyana: "Do you think the farmer would mind if I held onto one of them for a bit? They are so cute!" Illyana asked softly, not wanting to wake up the bunnies.

Selene: "Awww, look at the frighteningly cute little critters," Selene commented, leaning over to get a look at the rabbits. Then she frowned. "Are there supposed to be naked rats in there, too?"

Pietro: "Uh... no idea... I guess if the rabbit doesn't mind...?" Pietro glanced back at her.

JeanPaul: Inside the little hut were rows and rows of jars and various old time farm tools, luckily quite dull but still dangerous looking...and a noose hanging up in the middle of the room.

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow at the noose. Well that wasn't creepy at all... Though it definately looked less scary than severed legs. So it was okay by him. He turned back to Illyana.

Illyana: Illyana had picked up a calm bunny that didn't seem to mind being held. She cuddled it and pet it.

JeanPaul: There was a scratching coming from the building, at the opposite side.

Toxic: Adam sidled up to JP and pulled a bit of corn stalk out of his hair. "Going all rural there, sweetheart?" He grinned.

Selene: "Maybe it's that gnome again," Selene wondered in response to the odd scratching.

Pietro: Pietro frowned, deciding to investigate the source of the scratching. Illyana was nicely distracted by bunnies.

JeanPaul: "Gnome? Seriously?" Jean-Paul wasn't sure what to make of that, really. "I officially hate the country."

Selene: "He wore a funny cone hat," Selene added, giving a brief nod.

JeanPaul: The scratching noise scurried about and let out a squeak, just a mouse. The floor, however, decided to give right away once weight was put on it.

Reed: Reed wandered forward and looked around ", it all seems okay right now..."

Illyana: Illyana snuggled the bunny and pet it. "You are so sweet and soft." It wiggled its nose at her.

Pietro: Pietro jumped back off the floor and out of the building again, letting out a shout of surprise.

Toxic: "Country hates you too, don't worry." The hat was taken of, the rim gnawed lightly.

Illyana: Illyana nearly dropped the bunny at the shout. "Peeto!?" She tensed, looking for him in the dark.

Pietro: "I'm fine!" he called back, "Just got surprised, that's all..."

Illyana: "Ok... where are you? Are you sure you are ok?" Illyana kept the bunny safe while she moved toward his voice.

JeanPaul: "...You're trying to eat my hat." Jean-Paul huffed and moved closer to Reed instead.

Pietro: "Yeah I thought I heard something but it was just a mouse..." he frowned at the lack of floor in the house, looking for a lightswitch.

Callie: "I want to go back to school!" She covered her eyes with one hand, holding into Reed's arm with the other.

Toxic: "No, I'm trying to gnaw your hat. Would you rather I gnawed on you instead? Blood has that kind of effect on me. Like breathing in chocolate." Adam shifted. "Can we get moving? I missed drugs for alcohol. There's no alcohol here."

Illyana: Illyana caught up to his voice finally. "I like Bunnies... not mice."

JeanPaul: "Blood lust? Sorry, I'm Team guy who almost hit Bella with a car, not Edward or Jacob."

Pietro: Pietro smiled at her, reaching to pet the bunny, "Ready to get moving again?"

Reed: Reed held her close ", it's okay. Really. We're not going to be hurt."

Callie: "Would you hate me if I said I was Team Edward?"

JeanPaul: "Not if you teach me to make a bustle."

Reed: "I don't even know what you're talking about."

Illyana: "Yeah! Peeto....?" Illyana looked up at him with her big blue eyes.

Selene: "We should be trying to find a lawnmower so we can cut our way out of this mess," Selene suggested.

Toxic: "Hey, I never said I was a vampire, and Twilight can get bent for all I care." Adam scowled. "I just have this...thing...with blood..." Ugh, it always sounded so weird to explain...

Pietro: Pietro eyed her, "Yes?"

Illyana: "Do you think we can keep Cuddles? Maybe?" Illyana pet the bunny gently.

Pietro: She'd named it? Already? "Uh... I think we'd have to ask the farmer first... maybe we can come back tomorrow?"

Illyana: Illyana toyed with that answer. It wasn't a no... "Okie."

JeanPaul: "Now we've got the scarecrow, do we?" Jean-Paul decided to go over to it, giving it a look over. "they should have started out with it instead of the deer."

Selene: "Look, other people are using the shortcut through the maze's walls, too," Selene pointed out, gesturing at the edge of the maze, where the thick rows of corn were swaying from the shuffling movements of unrecognizable shapes.

Pietro: "Come on, we still didn't find the end of the trail," he prompted. Potential sick animal trumped fluffy healthy one... right?

Illyana: "Oh right!"

JeanPaul: "Oh God, it's the children of the corn."

Pietro: And a win! He escorted her back to the hutches to say bye to 'cuddles'.

Illyana: Illyana snuggled Cuddles and pet her. "I will see you tomorrow Cuddles."

Toxic: "No, I'm the only one here." He poked Jean-Paul before ramming the poor guy's hat back onto the cookie-elf's head. "C'mooooon."

Selene: "My plan B would be setting the entire thing on fire," Selene remarked.

JeanPaul: "I vote fire." Jean-Paul's hand shot up as he stepped away from the scarecrow, fixing his hat.

Pietro: Pietro smiled at Illyana and shut up the hutch when the rabbit was safely tucked up in bed again. He offered his arm to her.

Toxic: "Fire good. Can I play?"

Illyana: Illyana took Pietro's hand instead. "Let's see if we can find that trail now."

Reed: "That would destroy this man's livelihood and probably hurt people. It's just a scarecrow," he looked to it and stepped away. He looked to the others and gave Jean-Paul a look, then went to investigate.

Pietro: Pietro looked to where they'd come in and followed the trail to the other side of the clearing, steering them back into the corn.

JeanPaul: The scarecrow swayed and the strings holding him on unraveled, sending it flying down at Reed.

Callie: "Fire - but how will we escape?"

Toxic: "I can make you all float?"

Selene: "And now it ate Mr. Flubber," Selene stepped back and pointed at Reed and the scarecrow.

Callie: Callie screamed and leaped out of the way, tumbling through a hidden hole in the wall of corn. She took off, trying to find a way out.

JeanPaul: At the sound of the scream Jean-Paul jumped again, flying up and through the cobwebbng and landing ontop of it as it pulled him back down in a swearing and mostly stuck mess.

Illyana: Illyana kept up with Pietro and kept her eyes on the trail.

JeanPaul: "...I'm stuck."

JeanPaul: There was a buzzing sound that was getting louder and louder the more forward Pietro and Illyana came.

Toxic: Adam stared at Jean-Paul, before bursting into laughter. "...I wish I had a camera! Do you want a hand there?" He grinned hugely, folding his arms.

Selene: "I'm starting to think we should leave now," Selene said, shifting from one foot to the other. She glanced at JP and Reed, both struggling with tangled ropes. "I'd say let's cut our losses and leave them behind as bait for the weird gnome."

JeanPaul: "I want all kinds of body parts." Jean-Paul leered. "But Reed's...wait, where'd Reed go?"

Pietro: Pietro wasn't sure he liked the buzzing sound but now he was committed to the task. He tightened his grip on Illyana's hand.

Illyana: Illyana paused. "Do... do you 'ear that? What is that?"

Reed: Reed yelped and hit the dirt, tangled. He concentrated and managed to make himself so thin as to escape and scrambled his way back to the path. He panted a bit and looked up to Jean-Paul ", having fun, Frodo?"

Pietro: "I do... and I'm not sure..." he slowed down a little, moving more cautiously.

Selene: Selene stepped up to JP and poked his leg a couple of times. "Maybe someone should help him down."

Callie: Callie stopped, finding herself alone. She had sworn there was someone behind her. She turned and froze. Another scarecrow held up a now-silent chainsaw. It turned it on and revved it. Callie let out an eldritch scream and struck out as hard as she could with her parasol.

JeanPaul: "Mr...Saaaam, Sam cut me down." Jean-Paul shifted around to look at Reed, whining.

Toxic: "He got eaten by the scarecrow." Adam shrugged before snapping out a blade and starting to cut JP free carefully.

Toxic: "...You owe me for this, rainbow."

Illyana: Illyana stopped moving to listen. "I don't like that sound."

Selene: Selene winced at the eardrum-shattering sound of Callie's scream.

JeanPaul: "Oh...other Sam got me, I'm good!" Jean-Paul flopped to the ground and started tugging at the webbing. "I owe you nothing, princess."

JeanPaul: Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, bees! Thousands of bees were buzzing around this part of the maze. They were going to be...COVERED IN BEES!

Pietro: "Me neither..." he paused at the scream, "Or that one...."

Selene: "You could at least give him a smooch," Selene said.

JeanPaul: "But he bit my hat!"

Pietro: Oh crap. Bees. They seemed pissed. Pietro took off his coat and dropped it over Illyana, covering her entirely.

Illyana: "Go... go now... now now now now now!"

Selene: Selene perked up at the buzzing sound of what had to be a horde of bees. "It's the revenge of the apiarist!"

Toxic: "Oh you do." Adam helped him with the webbing, pretending not to hear Selene - and ignoring the resulting blush as he didn't inwardly flail at the possibilities.

Reed: Reed let out a choked yelp, one of the ropes from the scarecrow wrapping around his ankle and dragging him back into the corn.

JeanPaul: The bees buzzed angrily around Pietro and Illyana, and the dozens of meat hooks that were staked up in this area of the maze as well, waiting for something to be hung from them.

Callie: The scarecrow dropped the chainsaw, screaming itself as the surrounding cornstalks suddenly grew, batting him back and away. Callie turned and took off, corn growing oddly after like a bizzare jet stream.

Pietro: "Go where?!" Pietro reacted to the bees on instinct and flailed amazingly fast at them, creating enough wind to blow them off course and keep them away.

JeanPaul: "Wait...what the hell?" Jean-Paul looked at what Callie was doing. "What's going on now."

Illyana: "Run, Peeto! Run!" Illyana had promised not to teleport him. She needed him to get out of there. Now.

Pietro: "I'm okay," Pietro assurred her, though he wasn't sure how long he could keep this up, "Where does the trail go? We'll follow it out of here... Find it for me."

Selene: "The corn wants to eat us!" Selene took off into a random direction and promptly fell over a scattered rake.

Toxic: Adam near clung to JP at the screams, wincing. "Why is there screaming?"

JeanPaul: "I have no idea but I don't like it...let's book it."

Illyana: Illyana gritted her teeth and teleported to where she throught the path would be.

Toxic: "With you hundred percent there. Can we fly? We'll be able to see where the booze is."

Callie: Callie burst through a wall of corn and cashed right into her, tumbling both to the ground.

JeanPaul: Among all of the screaming and the bees...the chainsaw roared louder and corn was being hacked away. A manical laughter joined the sound.

Toxic: "...Like...now?"

Pietro: Pietro looked for Illyana. Great. Now he'd lost her on top of everything else. And the bees wouldn't go away. He stood still and resorted to vibrating, creating a field around himself that they wouldn't enter. Much more managable. Now. Illyana.

JeanPaul: "...that is creepy." Jean-Paul looked up. "We'll get caught in the webbing if we fly for too long." He was all for backing away though.

Selene: Selene flailed wildly and began to toss pieces of corn in random directions. When she caught sight of JP, she ran after him and clung to his back.

JeanPaul: "GAAAAH! WHAT'S ON MY BACK, GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!" Jean-Paul lapsed into swearing French and flailed, trying to get Selene off.

Toxic: Adam slid out a blade. "This princess came prepared. Sod the others, they can take care of themselves, right?"

Toxic: "It's either that or I set fire to the field."

Pietro: "Illyana?!" Pietro called, his voice sounding odd with the effects of the vibration but very clearly worried. He didn't even know how far away she'd be. He picked a direction and headed off to look for her.

Selene: "Will you stop screaming and start running already," Selene shouted back, clinging even tighter.

Illyana: Illyana was alone in the maze. She whimpered a bit. How far had she gotten. "'ELLO!? ANYONE!?" She listened for a reply.

JeanPaul: Above the corn, the blade of the chainsaw could be seen as it was waved above the crazed man's head and a cry of 'Come here, heathens!' could be heard.

Toxic: "...I'm not a heathen! I'm Catholic!"

JeanPaul: "...I think I've wet myself."

Illyana: Illyana blinked at Callie. "Callie!!!!" Illyana hugged her tightly.

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul got properly to his feet, definitely ready for a run.

Toxic: Adam looked at JP and Selene, made a calculated decision, and the three of them started to rise, Adam slashing at the webbing impeding their way as he wobbled a little.

Pietro: Pietro was really worried for her now, this maze and the tricks within were far beyond badly aimed pranks. They were outright dangerous and potentially deadly. And he couldn't find Illyana. "Please answer me, Illyana?!" He tried another direction. He had no idea where he was now.

JeanPaul: The chainsaw appeared in front of Adam, bees swarming in through the gap cut in the corn.

Callie: "Oh, Illyana!" She hugged back and stood up. Her dress was torn, her hair wad loose and disheveled. "I am done with this!" She made the corn bend into steps and climbed up, pushing the strange webbing away. She could see the middle! "We're almost there!"

Wade: Wade, somewhere in the middle of all the chaos, opened a beer, took a drink from it, placed it down next to where he sat in his dungarees, head shaved, skin made more pale with make up, shoeless, and with a banjo on his lap. He started playing a little as he waited and listened to the glorious music of chainsaw and screaming.

Toxic: "Nyaaaaargh!!" Adam's reaction was instantaneous - the blood from the deer suddenly swarmed into the air, shooting past the three and wrapping around the chainsaw and pulling it apart. Explosively.

Toxic: Adam himself was hyperventilating, clinging to JP and sobbing madly as he wrapped around the closest source of body-heat.

Illyana: "Yay! Callie, I 'ave to find Pietro. I lose 'im..." Illyana looked around her. "PIETRO!?"

JeanPaul: The man was gone once the chainsaw was gone, swearing as he went for his meathooks instead and after Illyana and Callie.

Pietro: Pietro continued to push through the corn, trying to find Illyana and getting steadily more lost. He didn't want to use his speed in this, it was a bad idea with so many crops around that he could potentially destroy.

Callie: Callie made the corn bend, making a nice overpass that led right to the center. "MARCO!" She yelled.

JeanPaul: The corn bent and let the man and his meathooks become visible. "Polo."

Illyana: Illyana wanted to follow Callie... but maybe she should teleport back to Pietro? "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" That man had scared her.

Callie: Callie asked the corn to very nicely to grow around him like a cage.

Callie: "Marco!" she called again.

JeanPaul: He swung his meathooks, slapping the corn down as he came at them

Pietro: Pietro heard the scream and all thoughts of not using his powers went out of his head. "ILLYANA?!" the sonic boom behind him nuked a lot of the field.

Selene: Selene had armed herself with a big bouquet of corn, swinging it wildly at every shadow she encountered.

Illyana: Illyana went toward the man a bit. "'ey can you 'elp me find my Pietro? I cannot find 'im."

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul put on a burst of speed. "Fucking run for it, I've had enough of this! The man's off his head!"

Callie: Callie reached down and grabbed Illyana's arm and pulled her up out of reach.

Wade: Wade grumbled, plinging the strings a little as he tuned the banjo a bit, then plucked a couple more notes. ♪Da da dow dow dow dow dow dow dowww...♫

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul heard the music. "Faster, people, faster!"

JeanPaul: The man almost didn't know what to do at that and swung at Illyana late.

Toxic: Adam simply clung to the other guy as he ran, gibbering into his shoulder.

Selene: "Fortunately your mouth is prettier than mine," Selene told JP as she ran beside him.

Callie: "Run for it!" Callie picked up the remains of her long skirt and ran, dragging Illyana behind her.

Pietro: Pietro stopped short of the guy with the meathooks, ducking the wild swing meant for Illyana. "Hey!"

Callie: The corn gave out and the two plunged into the middle of the maze.

Illyana: Illyana blinked as she caught her breath. "Thanks... what was with that farmer? Those things are dangerous!"

JeanPaul: "There! The edge!" Jean-Paul steered out, bursting out of the maze and laughing with victory. "What the hell was that?"

Callie: "He was trying to kill us!" She sat up and primly re-arranged her hair.

Illyana: "Whaaat? This is a school trip isn't it? Why would anyone be out to kill us?"

Pietro: Damn it! Illyana was gone again! "Illyana?!" He didn't know which way she'd gone.

Toxic: Adam looked up at JP, eye twitching, before deciding fuck it and gibbering a little more in his arms.

Wade: "Well howdy, you lot sure look like a purdy bunch..." Wade said from his dark corner on his chair, plucking a note here and there as he watched the newcomers in the middle of the maze.

Callie: "I do not know!" Callie let out a yelp, jumping up and leveled her parasol at the new voice.

Selene: The speeding Selene turned another corner and ran straight into Callie and Illyana. "Die!" She flailed with the batch of corn before realizing who they were.

Callie: "Help!" Callie hit at Selene with her parasol.

Illyana: "AHHH! SEL!" Illyana flailed back a bit.

Selene: "Oh, it's you," Selene said, blinking in surprise when a parasol boinked her in the head. "I'm sorry."

Pietro: Pietro continued to push through the corn in search of Illyana again. Pleasebeokaypleasebeokaypleasebeokay...

Wade: The banjo music stopped as Wade slowly rubbed his chest and said, "Sure don't get many womenfolk around here."

Callie: "Oh. Heh, Selene! Sorry." She stood up again and looked at the man with the banjo. "Ok! Who are you! Come out of the shadows!"

Callie: The parasol shook violently, belying how scared she was.

Illyana: Illyana rubbed her own head where Selene had gotten her. She blinked at the voice. She knew that voice... why did she know that voice... and why did it make her think of fishsticks? "...Wade?"

Selene: "The banjo-man stole Wade's voice," Selene called out, pointing at him as she took a step back.

JeanPaul: "So, can anyone explain this?" Jean-Paul looked confused as he saw Wade.

Pietro: Pietro stumbled out of the corn and sped up behind Illyana, pulling her into a tight hug as soon as he saw her.

Toxic: Adam just kept quiet, not wanting any more shocks.

Illyana: "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!" Illyana flailed at being held, she reacted on the instinct that Pietro had drilled into her... and went to flip her attacker over her shoulder to put him onto the ground.

Callie: "Where's Reed?"

Toxic: "Why screaming?! Stop screaming!!" Adam buried his head in JP's shoulder again.

Wade: "Frankly I don't have a clue what's going on, I was just minding my own business, practicing my banjo when all of you started screaming in the field." Wade said.

Selene: "The scarecrow got him," Selene said.

Pietro: Pietro blinked at the sky as he lay on his back, shifting his gaze to Illyana. "Ow... Good job...." he managed, slightly winded.

Callie: "Oh no!"

Illyana: "Peeto!" Illyana blushed as she rushed to help him up. "I am so sorry!"

Pietro: "I'm okay," he hugged her, "Glad you are too... you're not hurt right? Is everyone else okay?" Now he was allowed to show the worry.

JeanPaul: "I think we'll live." Jean-Paul muttered. "Should we be getting out now?"

Callie: "Yes, let's leave!"

Pietro: "Yes. Definately." Pietro was without a doubt about that, "This is not a safe place to be."

JeanPaul: "Who the hell was that guy anyway?"

Illyana: "Callie saved me... she says that farmer was going to kill us! Why would 'e want to do that?! I want to go 'ome." Illyana hid in Pietro's hug.

Selene: "He looked bigger than the gnome," Selene tossed in.

Pietro: Pietro frowned... should he? "I don't think it was the farmer... I... something... I don't know..."

JeanPaul: "..." Jean-Paul gave Pietro the hairy eyeball. "What?"

Selene: "Also, we shouldn't really be surprised about this turn of events," she explained. "After all, we're in a cornfield. Nothing good has ever come out of corn."

Toxic: "I don't know. I want to go home and get fucked. I mean drunk! As in...fucked from drinking too much..."

Callie: "Popcorn has!" Callie tried to lighten the mood.

Toxic: Oh man, he shouldn't say things like that when JP was still holding him...why was JP still holding him? Why wasn't he pushing JP away...?

Pietro: "Something about all of this is eerily familiar..." Pietro told them, "In the worst way imaginable."

JeanPaul: "Well don't leave us all with baited breath here." Jean-Paul did give Adam a bit of a look too and even indulged in a smirk.

Toxic: ...Oh well. He could deal with being carried. "What. If you tell me to call you 'prince' you've got something else coming."

Pietro: "A while ago... a crazy guy set up similar traps in the woods around the school.... left dead animals for people to find.... damn near killed people.... It might not be the same guy... I hope it isn't..." he was supposed to be dead after all....

Illyana: Illyana hugged Pietro tighter. School was supposed to be safe.

Selene: "Oh, that's just great," Selene muttered. "Now I'll forever be traumatized by popcorn. How am I ever to enjoy a movie again?"

Pietro: "We really should stick together and get out of here as quick as possible now... Keep your eyes open and tread carefully. I'm not even a little bit exaggerating."

JeanPaul: "What the hell you talking about, boy?" The man with the meathooks laughed...and spit his chewing tobacco out and swore just like the farmer that had driven their tractor for the hayride...mainly because that's who he was. "Pretty good maze, huh. You gonna share your drinks, right?"

Pietro: Pietro turned around, visibly tensing. He was not in the least bit amused.

JeanPaul: He lifted his hat and wig away, wiping his forehead off. "What are you looking at?" He looked at Pietro? "What, don't like haunted mazes? Shouldnt head out on halloween then, kid."

Toxic: Adam peeked over JP's shoulder at the guy. "...Oh shit! I wrecked your chainsaw...I'm sorry - I'll buy you a new one." Then he laughed. "You're good. Really good!"

Callie: "And nobody checked his background?" She stood behind Jean-Paul.

Pietro: "No I don't like mazes filled with swarms of bees and bleeding things." His sense of humour was far far away tonight.

Wade: "Share as hell, I will." Wade said towards the farmer, and pushed a cooler forward, flipping the top open and showing a bunch of different drinks.

Selene: Selene cocked her head and frowned. "Well, you've got to give it to him that he managed to genuinely scare us," she said. "I guess that's good enough, so I'll refrain from kicking him in the nuts for now."

Toxic: "Oh lighten up, Pietro - it's Halloween! You're meant to be insanely frightened!"

JeanPaul: "Now that's more like it." He found a kindred spirit with Adam. "You don't worry none about the chainsaw though, boy. That was quite the trick." He laughed approvingly. "What, nothing's bleedin. The little nerdy kid was right, the deer's fake. Don't know what you're seein' bleeding."

Wade: "Enough drinks for everyone," wade added, "Some non alcoholic ones in there somewhere as well, for you non alcoholics."

Pietro: "Those bees could have killed me and Illyana!" Pietro was furious, "It's not funny."

Toxic: Adam giggled a little unnervingly. "Alright. Still...I think you deserve some serious whiskey for that. Irish, too."

JeanPaul: "Thank you ma'am, I like my nuts not kicked a good deal." He gladly took a beer from the offered cooler. "They're fucking carpenter bees, kid. Carpenter bees don't sting nobody." He flopped down to sit, laughing. "Gotta admit, I might have to use some of you guyses pictures for the ad next year. Yer faces were great...and you getting stuck was great."

JeanPaul: Jean-Paul tried not to look amused but had to laugh.

Pietro: He was definately no longer in the mood for fun. The whole experience had been far too close to the night Kraven had abducted him, Hepz and Mayhem from the school... and now he was thinking about all of that again. He shook his head and walked off back towards the corn.

Toxic: "...JP..." Adam whispered. "...You can put me down now, if you want..." He poked the guy's...bare...chest oh god the guy was half naked and he was in his arms barely wearing anything and fuck.

Illyana: Illyana glanced back at the group, then hurried after Pietro to check on him.

Callie: "I was not amused!" Callie crossed her arms, she sat down suddenly as her legs refused to hold her up.

JeanPaul: "What? Oh, why, don't you like it?" Jean-Paul smirked.

JeanPaul: "Ya nearly got me with your corn cage, you know. Weren't expecting that one, though your bald guy did warn me you all would be creative."

Toxic: "I..." Adam blinked, then chose to remain silent. "...If you're going to carry me, get me alcohol."

Pietro: Pietro pushed his way back through the field, angrily swiping at the stalks in his way. Of all the stupid, low down, dirty tricks to play on people! He collapsed in an area of path and put his face in his hands.

Wade: Wade breathed in and sighed, "You know, I think the last time I was scared was back when I went through another maze... there were these discoloured egg things... a rabbits, monsterous pink rabbits. God that was the scariest easter I ever had last year."

JeanPaul: "Oh I'm just teasing you." Jean-Paul plopped him down and got him a drink, plopping down himself and getting a drink as he quite needed it.

Callie: "The principal did this to us?!"

Callie: She would be giving him what-for soon.

JeanPaul: "I don't know what he really had in mind...said somethin' bout training though but I don't know what some Halloween ride'd train you for." He laughed, not having an idea what he was saying.

Callie: "Training!" Callie burst into tears - her worst subject!

Toxic: Adam gave JP an uneven smile. "...Thanks. You uh...you're not so bad...and your costume was good." He eyeballed his drink before shrugging and opening it. Ah...a can of JD and coke...it'd do.

JeanPaul: "Why thank you, that's a shining endorsement." Jean-Paul meant that too, clicking his can with Adam's. "And I think I just failed this training exersise."

Toxic: "You're not the only one. Think I prefer running away to fighting..." He paused for a moment at the can clink before smiling a little, taking another drink. ...Though I think I just worked out trying to run from something might not always be a good plan...

Callie: Callie got up, and stalked away. In fact, she was angry enough to give that old bastard a piece of her mind right now!

JeanPaul: "Well, next time I'll not make quite as much of an ass of myself" Jean-Paul groused.

JeanPaul: "Silly kids, more beer fer me!" The old farmer moved in to drink his fill, chuckling. "A fine bonus."

Wade: "Grab a chair Farmer Brown, and let's get a more drunk than a three-legged chicken on a wet patch of ice."