4/6 Instance: Dessert Before Dinner

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/6 Instance: Dessert Before Dinner

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after how to tame the beast

Greer: Greer rolled out from under her car feeling around for a wrench which she was sure she'd left within reach but it had clearly grown legs and walked away. She frowned and rolled all the way out so she could sit up.

Johnny: Johnny twirled the wrench as he watched Greer from where he was perched on the work bench. He'd carefully grabbed the tool when he crept as quietly as he could into the garage and had been waiting to see how long it'd take for her to notice, which was incredibly difficult for him. He'd been about two seconds away from announcing he had arrived.

Greer: Greer saw the feet first and followed them up the legs to the torso and the head. "Oh. It's you."

Johnny: "Well, that wasn't quite the reaction I was looking for..." Johnny commented.

Greer: "Well too bad, it's the one you're stuck with." She held her hand out for the wrench, "Can I have that please?"

Johnny: Johnny just shrugged and gave a grin, pausing in his twirling of the wrench to prevent him from dropping it and her from seizing the opportunity when he inevitably did. "Hm... What do I get for giving it to you?"

Greer: ".... Your face free of bruises."

Johnny: "You..." he was sure he looked horrified at the prospect, "You wouldn't."

Greer: "You don't know me well enough to be sure of that..." she clicked her fingers and flattened her hand out again, "Gimme."

Johnny: Johnny eyed her outstretched hand, "I could just liquefy it. Oh, or just go all fiery because I do know you well enough to know you hate fire..."

Greer: She rolled her eyes, getting to her feet to look for a possible replacement for the wrench. "Be my guest, fire doesn't bother me in this form."

Johnny: "Huh..." he frowned and held out the wrench, planning on pulling it away as soon as she went for it, "That's no fun."

Greer: "If you think it's fun to scare someone who can throw a car at you, there's something wrong with you." She reached for the wrench.

Johnny: "I can melt cars, sooooo... Yeah, it's fun," Johnny nodded, quite pleased with himself as he moved the wrench out of her reach.

Greer: Greer frowned, putting her hands on her hips. "Can you melt cars in your sleep?"

Johnny: His eyebrow rose, "Possibly. You want to be in the same room as me while I sleep?"

Greer: Greer face-palmed. There was just no reasoning with some people. "And I'm going to go around that topic by just going back to the original request. Wrench. Now. Give."

Johnny: "And, I asked what I get in return for giving it to you..." Johnny stated, adding, "Not hitting me in the face isn't an acceptable answer."

Greer: "It's not? Too bad because you're probably going to wish you'd settled on those terms." She looked around for a suitable object with which to carry out her threat.

Johnny: Johnny watched her look around, sighed, and held out the wrench, not quite certain that she wouldn't bludgeon him.

Greer: Greer snatched it from him, "Thank you. Now was that so hard?"

Johnny: "Yes. Yes, it was. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life," Johnny replied sarcastically.

Greer: "Aww, I'm sorry, maybe I can make it up to you?" Greer feigned sympathy, picking up a few items she would need shortly before heading back over to the car.

Johnny: "How do you plan on doing that?"

Greer: Greer raised an eyebrow, looking over her shoulder at him, "I don't know, what do you want? I mean... I assume you came in here for something?"

Johnny: Johnny tried to look as if he was pondering an idea and grinned as he threw out his suggestion, "A date?"

Greer: Greer blinked at him, "I beg your pardon?"

Johnny: ...That was a fantastic expression that he wished he could've caught on camera. "A date," he repeated and added, "...with me."

Greer: "Uh huh... I worked out that part for myself...." She frowned, looking away from him for a moment while she considered. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad? It wasn't like she had to worry about the feral right now... she looked back at him. "When?"

Johnny: "Whenever you're free?" he shrugged, not showing that he was slightly surprised she was even considering the idea, "Whatever you want to do, though I figured just a cliche dinner and movie type deal. All on me."

Greer: "I'm free most of the time lately... which is why I'm working on my car... once the snow hits I'll probably be at work a lot." She put the wrench and other sundries down beside the car so she could reach them while she was under there.

Johnny: "So, how about tonight? Because I'll probably be inside a lot once snow hits."

Greer: "Uh... okay?" She looked down at herself. "I should probably shower before then...."

Johnny: "Me too," Johnny replied cheerily.

Greer: ".... Do I even want to know what you've been doing that you need to shower?"

Johnny: "No, nothing like that," he rolled his eyes. "I was just saying since... y'know, we both need a shower..."

Greer: She raised an eyebrow then her eyes narrowed a little as she tried to work out if she was just being paranoid or if he was really suggesting what it sounded like he was. "I'm gonna... go... have that shower..." she watched him carefully as she backed up a little.

Johnny: "I take it I'm not supposed to follow you..."

Greer: Okay so that answered that question. But now she was probably expected to answer. Ugh! Okay. Acceptable or not acceptable? Being human was complicated. Waaaaaay too complicated. "Uh... you can if you want?"

Johnny: He just blinked at her, "Really?"

Greer: "Sure?" she shrugged, "I guess I couldn't stop you if you really wanted to anyway... you'd just blow up the door or whatever...." she turned and headed for the door to the mansion.

Johnny: Johnny just eyed her as he considered the answer. It had to be a trap... She'd lead him to her shower, and then she'd break his face with something. That had to be the plan...

Greer: "Or you can just wait til after dinner? You know... if you think you can..." she shrugged again, stepping through the door, "Ball's in your court."

Johnny: Johnny watched her slip out of the garage and looked around the empty garage before hopping off the workbench. He didn't have that much patience. Plus, why just settle for only after dinner?

Greer: Greer shook her head to herself when she heard him follow. Sooooo easy. She headed on up the stairs, pulling the tie from her hair and running her hands through it as she stepped out onto the landing.