4/10 instance: Budding Friendship

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

4/10 instance: Budding Friendship

Post by Ferguson »

current timeline

Michael tended to a few plants. He'd set up a few special projects lately one involved
himself very intricately. He carefully ran his fingers through his hair and the plants moved how
he wanted them too.

Illyana strolled into the greenhouse, intent on checking on Pietro's roses for him. She
smiled when she saw Michael not far away. "'ello, Michael."

Michael turned to the oh so familiar voice. "Hmm is that a choir of angels I hear
comming." Michael smiled and took hold of his staff, his vines wrapping around from his sleeve,
hardly noticable unless she was really paying attention.

Illyana laughed and grinned at him, though he couldn't see it. "Only me. 'ow are you
today?"

"I'm fine Illyana." He walked over to where her voice was coming from. "It's bitter
cold today though. I've been tending the plants more than usual today.

"I bet they like all the attention you give them, especially with it so cold outside the
greenhouse, yes?" Illyana inspected Pietro's roses carefully.

"They appreciate it. It's just hard for me to traverse from here to class since almost all
the plants are dead. It's like walking through a sea of darkness."

"That must be really hard and frustrating for you. What can you do to make it easier?"

"Not much. I use my staff and my sugar glider friends to help guide me." One of
them, Cloud, scurried out of his jacket and stared at Illyana.

Illyana eyed that sugar glider a bit suspiciously. "I'm glad that they are able to 'elp
you!"

"It would be easier if I was in my forest at home, but I'm learning a lot of things
here." He unconsciously retracted the vines a little not wanting to show them off just yet.

"Well that's great. That is the purpose of a school." Illyana teased him just a bit.

"It's been a little weird lately though. My powers seem a bit odd. Don't ask me how
they just do. Kinda like I'm not completely here all the time." He moved over to a bottle of water
and took a drink, the only way he knew it was there was a small vine wrapped around it twice.

Illyana looked over at him, watching him. "Mmmmm you know... Pietro is really good
at 'elping with powers. I'm sure 'e would be 'appy to 'elp you sort them out."

"I've just been testing things out here and there. I'll be fine for now, but I'll keep that
in mind." He took another drink and set the bottle down.

Illyana smiled. "Good! 'ow are Pietro's roses doing? 'e will be devastated if
anything 'appens to them."

"They're doing perfectly fine. They don't take much care from what I can tell." He
turned to where they should be, as he got more comfortable the vines moved a little.

Illyana smiled at that. "Good. They are special.... " It was then that Illyana noticed the
vines were moving. She blinked a couple of times. "Are... those vines... moving?"

"Oh uhmm, yeah." He smiled a little and pulled up his sleeves to show the vines up
and down his arms that looked like they were growing off of him. "It a new species of plant I
bred. It grows at remarkable rates and I can control it better than most plants."

"That's... different... is it safe?"

"It should be. I just have to drink more water. And I can remove them at anytime.
Plus I can do cool stuff like this." He moved over to where her voice was and made the vines
grow out and lash onto one of the Russian lotuses he'd gotten ahold of and started growing then
brought it back for her. "I think this is what you were looking for."

Illyana gasped and slowly reached out her hand, taking the flower gently. She smiled
happily and brought the lotus to her nose to smell it. "Wow... Michael... thank you!"

"A beautiful flower for a beautiful girl." He smiled and kneeled down to pick up one
of his sugar gliders so he could see.

Illyana carefully snuggled her flower, unable to drop the smile from her face. "It is
beautiful, for certain."

"Not as much as you." He smiled to her and walked over to prune a small
bush. "How have you been lately?"

"I 'ave been just wonderful. Pietro's birthday wasn't too long ago. I pretended to forget
so I could surprise 'im." Illyana sat down on a stool at one of the workbenches.

"Ahh. Did it work?" He didn't looke back at her as he rummaged through the plants.

"It sure did! 'e was so 'appy that I 'adn't forgotten!" Illyana giggled a bit at the
memory.

"So what do you have planned for the rest of the day?" He contemplating flirting a bit
more.

"Well, I 'ave to meet Peeto back in the lab in a couple of 'ours, but I expected the
flowers to need more 'elp..."

"Aww sad. I was hungry and wondering if a beautiful angel such as yourself would
grace this simple botanist with his presence for some lunch."

"'mmmm well I am 'ungry...." Illyana debated it in her head.

"How about we go get some pizza on me?" He smiled and moved over to her slowly.

Illyana smiled at that. "Ok... I am up for some pizza... just make sure I remember to
bring something to Pietro when I meet up with 'im!"

"I'm sure he can manage with out you. Lets have some fun. We haven't had a chance
to hang out and all friends should. We're friends right?" He smiled tenderly.

"Of course we are friends. And no... no 'e really can't... 'e gets so busy 'e forgets 'e 'as
to eat too. But my tummy says it is pizza time!"

"Pizza time it is! Hmm how are we gonna get there?" He ran his fingers through his
hair slowly and smiled as he noticed one of his sugar gliders trying to climb up Illyana's leg.

Illyana smiled at the little creature and scooped it up carefully into her hands. "Well...
I could teleport you... but most people do not care for that."

"Hmm sounds fun. Lets go." He smiled and hid cloud carefully in his collar so no one
would notice him and he could still see.

Illyana smirked a bit. "Well, alright. Just be prepared to feel woozy."

"I've been worse. Try walking around blind twenty-four seven, it's kind of weird
sometimes. Makes me feel sorry for people without my powers."

"Well, alright then. Hold on tight." Illyana held onto Michael's arm firmly.

Michael almost fell as they appeared at their destination. "Woah that was a hell of a
trip." He smiled as he started to regain his bearings. "Does that happen to you to?"

"Not really... it feels as natural to me as walking."

"Hmm interesting, Maybe it's because you control it?" He steadied himself and let
cloud look around trying to find out where exactly they were.

"Possibly... I 'ave grown used to Pietro's speed, but 'e still does not do well with
teleporting."

"Hmm I thought it was interesting." He gave her a smile and pet cloud a little.

Illyana returned his smile. "Shall we?"

"Lets." He smiled and offered her his arm.

Illyana took it and led him on into the restaurant.