4/17 Instance: Sticky Surprises

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

4/17 Instance: Sticky Surprises

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined for the day after [Instance]A Dark And Stormy Night.

Heather: Heather sighed and glanced behind her out of the window, at least the rain had stopped. Rain was her least favourite weather... well after snow. She looked at Pietro who was somewhere between asleep and awake and leaning on her shoulder. She smiled a little then looked for a clock to check the time. Maybe she should have asked if he had class today....?

Illyana: Illyana hadn't been able to sleep at all. Anytime she tried to close her eyes, she was rewarded with Pietro's drawing coming to life before them. Finally, exhausted and starving, having missed dinner, Illyana sighed and gathered up her blankets to take them home.

Heather: Heather gently woke Pietro and offered to make some coffee and breakfast. She gave him a reassuring smile and got up.

Pietro: Pietro stretched and scrubbed his face with his hands before running them through his hair. He then got to his feet and picked up the sketchbook from the table, putting it back up on the shelf.

Illyana: Illyana teleported to the bedroom, not surprised to see it still empty. She quickly started making the bed.

Heather: Coffee and pancakes were the only breakfast foodstuffs that Heather could make at the same time without burning something or making a huge mess... then again... not Emma's kitchen.

Illyana: Illyana found the smells somewhat comforting. Was he making it just for himself, or was he expecting her back? She smoothed the blankets on the bed and headed toward the kitchen to find out.

Heather: Heather cleared the empty boxes from the night before and put them in the bin, then went to turn the pancakes over... carefully.

Illyana: Illyana paused when she saw Pietro in the living room. If he was in here... who was cooking?

Pietro: Pietro looked round and saw Illyana, going over to her immediately and pulling her into a hug.

Illyana: For the moment, Illyana forgot about the scary dreams and the phantom chef and Pietro being an ass. She just clung to him.

Pietro: Pietro held her tight and pressed a kiss to her temple, "I'm sorry...."

Illyana: Illyana nodded. "Me too."

Pietro: He stroked her hair and back gently and looked down at her face, "Are you okay?"

Illyana: "I'm 'ungry... and I didn't sleep...."

Pietro: "Come and have some breakfast..." he took her hand to bring her into the kitchen. "There enough for one more?"

Illyana: Illyana paused when she saw who the cook was. She tried to piece the puzzle back together, but her brain felt like mush.

Heather: "Of course there is," Heather smiled, setting the plate of pancakes down on the table and going to the coffee machine to pour the coffee.

Illyana: Why was Heather here? Had she stayed all night? Why? What was going on? She looked to Pietro, as if trying to find answers on his face.

Pietro: Pietro sat Illyana down and put some pancakes on her plate, "Thanks, Heather..."

Heather: "No problem," Heather smiled again, "I'll go lurk somewhere inconspicious for a bit if you want?"

Illyana: As much as Illyana wanted to kick or scream or throw something at someone, the food did look good. Her stomach won the battle with a loud cry. She sighed inwardly and went to take a bite.

Heather: Heather took a couple of pancakes for herself and a cup of coffee then headed to eat them in the living room so that Pietro and Illyana could talk.

Illyana: Once Illyana was sure Heather was out of earshot, she dared speak. "Why is she 'ere?"

Pietro: "I called her last night because I didn't know what else to do... she offered to come over."

Illyana: "Come over and comfort you while I'm gone." Illyana stabbed her pancake.

Pietro: "No..." Pietro replied carefully, "Come over and talk to you for me because I seemed to be failing at it so much..."

Illyana: "Still failing." Illyana said shortly.

Pietro: He frowned, what did he do now? "Well then I guess I'll just stop talking...."

Illyana: "I don't want to talk to 'eather."

Pietro: "I'm not going to make you."

Illyana: "I don't want to talk about it at all. I want those memories to go away!" Illyana pushed her plate away and lay her head down on the table, in her arms.

Pietro: "You think I don't?" Pietro asked her, "You think I want those images in my head all the time? Why the hell do you think I started those books? You saw one picture and it had this effect on you - I lived it."

Illyana: "Don't yell at me!" Illyana felt her eyes tear up again.

Pietro: "I'm not yelling at you." Pietro told her, "I'm just... I don't know what you want from me. Everything I do is wrong all the time and I can't talk to you either because I mess that up too!"

Illyana: "You don't do everything wrong all the time. We NEVER fight, Pietro! And why did it matter where I was? You didn't bother to tell me where you were or even that you were going. You just left. Without a WORD."

Pietro: "We don't fight because we don't talk about anything! I was worried about you and I thought it'd be obvious where I was because when I'm not here, at school or at work I'm at home."

Illyana: "So I'm supposed to look everywhere for you when you can't so much as tell me you'll be back later when you leave? And glad to know we don't talk about anything. Maybe if you stepped away from the lab table long enough to have a conversation we could!"

Pietro: "So I have to tell you everything but you can't even bring your phone with you? You could have called me any time, Illyana but you didn't. And if you have a problem with the hours I work I'd expect you to say so! I told you to tell me if you had a problem with my work and you said you would. This is exactly what I mean!"

Illyana: "I don't have a problem with it! You do!"

Pietro: "What am I supposed to have a problem with now?"

Illyana: "Us! Obviously you have a problem with us! Before we went to class yesterday, I was fine, I was happy. You get pissed off in class and take off and 'ere we are still fighting."

Pietro: "No. What I have a problem with is getting in trouble in a class where only I did the work properly and then coming home to find a note on the coffee table."

Illyana: "What are you so worried about Pietro? I wouldn't go into town without my phone for obvious reasons, so clearly I'd be at school or somewhere equally safe. What are you afraid of?"

Pietro: "How am I supposed to know that? You could have been in Russia for all I knew! I'm not a mindreader Illyana, I don't know what goes on in your head when you're mad at me. I don't know what you want unless you tell me!"

Illyana: "That goes for you too, Pietro. I can't read your mind and I can't keep up with you 'alf the time. And you didn't answer my question. What are you afraid of?" Illyana looked up into his blue eyes.

Pietro: Pietro looked away, "That you'll leave..."

Illyana: Illyana got up and wrapped her arms around him protectively. "I 'ave no intention of doing that."

Pietro: Pietro hugged her, pulling her into his lap, "I really am sorry.... you weren't ever supposed to see those drawings..."

Illyana: "I'm so sorry you 'ad to live through it. I 'ad no idea it was so awful..."

Pietro: "Most people don't... It's not something I like to talk about..."

Illyana: "Normally I would say you could talk to me about it... " But she trailed off. "'ow can I be there for you if I can't 'andle those images?"

Pietro: "Why do you think I kept it from you? I didn't want you to see.... I didn't want anyone to see... That's why I wanted Heather to talk to you... I thought maybe she could explain for me because I struggle so much..."

Illyana: "I don't want to 'ear it from 'eather... I want to 'ear it from the man I love."

Pietro: "And if I can't talk about it you'd be happy with not knowing about it?" He doubted that very much.

Illyana: "I didn't know about it before and it was just fine...."

Pietro: "It's different now... you saw...."

Illyana: "And knowing more is not on my agenda." Illyana stroked his cheek. "No matter 'ow it is delivered."

Pietro: "I thought you were mad at me for drawing it in the first place... I just wanted you to know why I had...."

Illyana: "I was... worried... but I understand now."

Pietro: "You're sure?" He kissed her forehead.

Illyana: Illyana nodded and offered him a bite of pancake.

Pietro: Pietro took the piece of pancake and smiled at her, cuddling her tight, "And you're not mad at me for having Heather here?"

Illyana: Illyana's mood fell. She had completely forgotten about Heather. She shifted uncomfortably.

Pietro: Pietro sighed, "So you are mad?"

Illyana: "What did you DO all night?"

Pietro: "We talked...." Pietro replied steadily, knowing what was probably going on in her head this time around.

Illyana: "In the future, can we not have other people in our home all night like that?"

Pietro: He nodded, "Alright... I just... I didn't want to be alone... and I already made her drive all the way here in the rain..."

Illyana: "You could have asked me if I wanted to talk to 'er before you made 'er drive. Or warned me at least. And you spent 'ours in the living room when you could 'ave gone to bed with me."

Pietro: "I didn't think you wanted to talk to me... I thought you were afraid of me..."

Illyana: "I trust you so much, Pietro... I needed to know that you didn't imagine those things on your own, but also to just process things. If I 'ad been that scared of you, I would 'ave said so."

Pietro: He sighed, "I'm sorry... I'm really bad at this..."

Illyana: "Bad at what?" Illyana nestled into the crook of his neck.

Pietro: "Working out what's the right thing to do with all this relationship stuff...."

Illyana: Illyana giggled at him and kissed him softly. "'ow about this... we talk about things ourselves. And if we need time alone to think, we will voice it?"

Pietro: He nodded, "Okay that could work..." but he was still going to talk to Heather about the subjects of the books because he couldn't really subject anyone else to that.

Illyana: Illyana rubbed her nose against his. "We should probably let 'eather come back in..."

Pietro: He nodded and leaned over to the door, "Okay it's safe now..."

Heather: Heather looked up then got to her feet, carrying her empty plate and half empty coffee mug with her, "No one killed anyone! Awesome!"

Illyana: Illyana actually laughed and relaxed. "Or stormed out in a tizzy."

Pietro: "Storming out is way easier to fix than a corpse in the kitchen." Heather nodded sagely, snagging another pancake and ruffling Pietro's hair, "Told you she'd come back."

Illyana: That registered with Illyana, sadly. She hugged Pietro a bit more securely.

Pietro: Pietro frowned for the hair messing but a smile covered it up pretty fast, he hugged Illyana back, "Yes, you did... Sorry I fell asleep on you...."

Heather: "Eh, better than crying on me..." Heather shrugged and went to top up her coffee, "I think I'd have hurt you if you tried that."

Illyana: Illyana wasn't quite sure what to think about the conversation going on around her. Nothing had happened right? But since when did Pietro sleep without her?

Pietro: "I'd like to see you try," Pietro replied with a grin.

Heather: Heather laughed, "I bet you would but I'm not falling for it - I'll get you when you least expect it." She sat down with a bump.

Illyana: Illyana decided that his relationship with his family was officially ODD. She shifted to make herself known and reach for the coffee.

Pietro: "Oh so you mean you'll wait til I'm asleep?" Pietro raised an eyebrow.

Heather: "Hey, if it stops you falling asleep on me again I'll take what I can get." Heather grinned.

Illyana: Illyana looked between the two again uncomfortably and went for the rest of her pancake.

Pietro: Pietro laughed and had some more pancakes, "These are really good, by the way. I didn't know you cooked..."

Heather: "Yeah... Emma's kitchen - she gets scary when I try." Heather wrinkled her nose, "And anyway, I'm kind of messy... I annoy myself when I cook...." she shrugged, "and I'll never be as good at it as Emma."

Illyana: "I disagree. These are the best pancakes I've 'ad my whole life."

Heather: Heather blushed a little, "Thanks... but don't tell Emma that - I think the universe would implode..."

Pietro: Pietro laughed, "Or she'd contract out to have you assassinated...."

Illyana: Illyana laughed and added more syrup to her's. "Or I'm just starving and Emma can remain the queen?"

Heather: "That could be it too..." Heather conceded, "I'm happy to remain second best to Emma - her cooking skills are formidable."

Pietro: "That they are." Pietro nodded in agreement, "And somehow between the cooking she finds time to clean the house... Maybe she's got secret powers we don't know about...."

Illyana: Illyana smiled at them. It was good to see Pietro happy again, especially after yesterday... but she kind of wanted Heather to go on home so she could have her sweetheart back.

Heather: "Secret cleaning powers? Maybe she's got a dirt repellant?... Oh, oh! I know! She can duplicate herself!"

Pietro: Pietro laughed again, "That's a terrifying thought! Multiple Emmas to defend her kitchen!"

Illyana: Illyana couldn't help but shudder and hoped Heather didn't notice.

Heather: "If that ever happens I'm going to say it's a sign of the apocalypse coming and we should all run and hide," Heather declared.

Pietro: Pietro grinned, "Seconded. What do you think, Illyana?"

Illyana: "Thirded!"

Heather: Heather laughed, "Motion carried!" she banged her spoon on the table. "Now... who wants more pancakes?"

Illyana: "I do!" Illyana used an astral copy of herself to get more whipped cream from the fridge.

Heather: "Hey! Since when could you do that?" Heather blinked at Illyana, "That's pretty neat!"

Illyana: Illyana beamed. "I've been practicing with my astral projection. I can solidify for short periods of time now."

Heather: "Handy!" Heather got up to make more pancakes, "I wish I could do that, that's way cooler than setting fire to things."

Pietro: "Yes. Your power is that you could be an awesome arsonist." Pietro teased her, hugging Illyana some more.

Illyana: Illyana smiled and snuggled into Pietro. She could feel her worries fading away a bit to allow her to feel safe again.

Heather: "You know I'm cooking on a gas stove right?" Heather looked over her shoulder at him, eyebrow raised.

Pietro: "Ack! Okay! I take it back!" Pietro laughed.

Illyana: Illyana laughed and moved to hide behind Pietro instead of on his lap.

Pietro: Pietro looked at Illyana, "Oh I see how it is!"

Heather: Heather laughed, "See, she knows what's good for her!"

Illyana: "You are the one she wants! You angered 'er!"

Pietro: "Well it's nice to know I can rely on you to stand by me in any situation..." Pietro shook his head.

Illyana: "'ey, I am standing by you." Illyana pouted at him.

Pietro: "Behind me. There's a difference."

Heather: Heather giggled and added the fresh pancakes to the plate.

Illyana: Illyana whispered into his ear. "But I'd never abandon you."

Pietro: Pietro smiled and turned his head to kiss her cheek.

Heather: Heather wrinkled her nose, "Ugh and I'm going back to the living room if you keep this up."

Illyana: Illyana laughed and blushed. "Sorry."

Heather: "That's better," Heather sat down again, "I cooked all this, I want to have an appetite long enough to eat it."

Pietro: Pietro grinned at her, "Thanks, Heather."

Illyana: "Yes, thank you for breakfast, 'eather."

Heather: "Any time," Heather replied, "Except don't ever make me drive in that much rain again. Rain is bad. Okay?"

Pietro: Pietro nodded, "Yep. Okay. Gotcha."

Illyana: Illyana smiled and relaxed, back in Pietro's lap. She felt a lot better, especially with food in her stomach.