Christmas 2013: Tigra

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Selene: "Now that surely didn't get us very far," Selene commented as they made their way back from the endless line of frustrated and impatient people trying to get out of the city on any of the regular routes.

JP: "It looks like they really are turning people away up there." Jean-Paul sighed, wrinkling his nose as he tried to see the beginning of the crowd. "I guess the city really is closed up then."

Selene: "The line is not moving except for backwards," Selene muttered, watching the other people who had given up on waiting and slowly trudged back into the city. Many had already found a spot to get comfortable - more or less, anyway.

Tigra: "So what do we do now? The food they send is shit... we need to get out... or I can go hunting but you already said no to that...."

Selene: "I guess this would be mostly because the only thing you could possibly hope to find inside New York is either rat, pigeon, or poodle - and I'm not to keen on either," Selene remarked. "We might have a better chance to try and hijack a hot-dog cart."

JP: "Well, if we're going to get out we're certainly not going to get out there." He waved to one disgruntled person coming back, definitely turned away.

Tigra: "There's plenty of yummy things in the woods - deer, rabbit... fish..." she shrugged a little, "Just have to know where to look."

JP: "I'd rather not eat anything that's been chewed on all ready, thanks all the same."

JP: "So...surely there's some place they're not guarding we can just slip through, right?"

Selene: "I could animate one of those subway snack vending machines," Selene offered. "It could follow us around and shower us in sweets when we feel like it."

JP: "...now we've got a backup plan." Jean-Paul shrugged, deciding that didn't sound half bad.

Tigra: "I'd only chew on the neck til it was dead... the main bulk of the animal would be fine..." Tigra rolled her eyes.

Johnny: Johnny had so far remained silent, refraining from complaining about having to wait all this time, but his face twisted at the idea of chewing on necks. That was almost as bad as Curt eating out of the garbage.

Selene: "And as for getting out of the city, I presume we could always swim," Selene continued as she strolled down the sidewalk. "Or try to find a boat. Or if that fails... build one? I've heard garbage cans float."

Johnny: "Curt would eat our boat if that's the case, and I'll pass on sinking."

JP: Giving Selene a bit of a confused look, Jean-Paul turned around, deciding to look for the potential hole in FEMA's enclosure around the city.

Selene: "Do you think we could ride on Curt?" Selene gave Johnny a curious look.

Johnny: Johnny considered the question for some reason and shuddered at the idea of riding Curt. "Well, I imagine if you really wanted to..."

Tigra: ".... I wouldn't recommend that...."

JP: "Not somoene I've got on my riding list to be honest."

Selene: "Really? Who tops that list, I wonder?" Selene did some further contemplating. "I guess there's always the subway tunnels if we decide to go for a route underground."

Johnny: His face twisted again, "Aren't those kinda dark, gross, and filled with hobos?"

Tigra: "Maybe... but they probably thought of that.... cleared out all the hobos and replaced them with army guys whielding tasers."

JP: "And we'd still have to surface when it got time to actually get out of the city, won't we?"

Selene: "Until the hobos ate the army guys and are now hobos with tasers," Selene concluded.

Tigra: "That is a truely terrifying thought...."

JP: "...and we're avoiding that, definitely."

Johnny: "Agreed."

Selene: "Which leaves us with catapulting someone as the only reasonable alternative," Selene added with a nod.

Tigra: ".... I'm not volunteering for that."

JP: "Well, luckily, we have fliers so no catapult necessary...though it'd be fun." He cracked Selene a grin.

Johnny: Johnny looked between the three of them. He was pretty sure he was the only one of them that flew, though his memory was shit...

Tigra: "Still not volunteering...." Tigra decided to make that clear.

JP: "I'll go over then. You lot's carrying all the food back though, yeah?"

JP: Jean-Paul liked shopping when other people carried his bags. It was just nicer.

Johnny: "If that's what it takes to get rid of you for a while," Johnny grinned.

JP: "You love me."

Selene: "Well, depends on how filled the pantry back at the mansion is likely to be, and whether it can be restocked while everything is kept locked down."

Johnny: He nodded, "Very much so."

Tigra: "I can carry it... I can carry a car so I think I can manage shopping."

JP: "And I love you, my bitches." He reached over, patting Johnny on the cheek with a girn. "Just need to find a place to cross then."

Selene: "Which again makes me wonder why you aren't pulling us in a riksha," Selene said, smirking at Tigra.

Tigra: "Let's find somewhere off a road... probably less heavily guarded...." she looked oved at Selene, "I'm not a slave..."

Selene: "I suggest one of the less crowded places, where there likely will be less people in uniform, too."

Johnny: Johnny placed a hand over JP's, smirking, "Don't get caught. I don't know what I'll do without you."

JP: "Well, you're not a dog either but I'll go ahead and make the mush joke. Mush!" With that Jean-Paul ducked away from the streets, keeping an eye out in case someone was keeping an eye out on them.

Selene: "Don't worry, we'd pay you," Selene replied to Tigra, grinning slightly. "Preferably in food?"

Tigra: Tigra scowled at JP, "I'm not doing it."

Johnny: "I'll take food payments."

JP: "Good, I'd rather watch you pull things anyway." He cracked a wider grin, cutting through a yard and looking for some actual cover for crossing on ahead.

Tigra: Tigra raised an eyebrow as she followed JP, was he hitting on Johnny? Inappropriate timing much?

Johnny: Johnny snickered.

Selene: "We could still take a shortcut through the subway tunnels to get to a less populated place," Selene suggested, following the others. "I've seen them hunt Mexicans on TV, and they always use those thermal cameras, so we might be safer down there."

Tigra: "They won't be hunting us til we get over the wall, I think we're safe from thermal cameras for now...."

JP: "We just need to find a more...natural place. Which yeah, might be a bit of a challenge."

Tigra: ".... Do you have to insult me in every possible way today?"

JP: "Who?"

Johnny: "Insulting is his natural setting."

Selene: "I believe the most natural place you might find in this part of town would be a junkyard," Selene remarked.

Tigra: "Aparently...." she frowned, "You realise a feral mutant's main ability is a heightend sense of smell, right? If anyone can find a people-free zone it's me."

JP: Jean-Paul gave her a bit of the hairy eyeball. "I wasn't even that time. I mean that's where they would be less likely to be. Not everything is about you being able to be fuzzy. Then get up here and find it then."

JP: "Selene's got a point about the junkyard though. Shall we?"

Tigra: She muttered under her breath, "Whatever you want, I'll just trail after you not using any of the useful abilities I was given...." she rolled her eyes a little.

Johnny: "I guess a junkyard might not be as disgusting as tunnels, so sure."

JP: "Got the trail of a junkyard then, Greer?"

Selene: "It would also provide us with the tools to build that catapult should our primary plan backfire in any way."

Tigra: Greer sighed heavily, scenting the air a little - more to get her bearings than anything else. She knew where the junkyard was. It was like her second home. She set off in the right direction once she was sure where she was.

JP: "Well, hopefully between now and then either Johnny or I will still be capable of flight but always good to have a backup."

Selene: "Otherwise we might just have to annex a hotel room until this is over, or raid a mall for camping equipment." Selene paused, walking silently for a moment. "Do you think sewing several tents together to make a hot air balloon could work?"

Johnny: "How are we supposed to power a hot air balloon?" Johnny asked, paused, and shook his head, "Nevermind."

Tigra: Tigra grinned at him, "You of all people had to ask that question?"

JP: "...you'll never know until you try." Jean-Paul had a laugh, looking back to make sure they didn't have anyone watching still. "Ahh, this is working out great, not a soul watching anyway and less people around." he dropped his voice for that, approving very much.

Johnny: "Apparently," he mumbled.

Selene: "There probably will be patrols or sentries watching the area beyond the houses, so we might want to be careful before venturing too far out."

JP: "Well, at least it's getting darker." He looked up, having a look at the steadily darkening skies.

Tigra: "I'm pretty sure I'll be able to hear anyone walking around too...."

JP: "Good to hear." He nodded approvingly.

Selene: "And I'll listen for unfriendly minds nearby," Selene added, trying to sort out the psychic signals she picked up in the vicinity.

Johnny: Johnny tried to think of a job for himself, offering up, "I'll just follow and look better than JP."

JP: "You're underqualified for that, sweetheart."

Tigra: Tigra giggled a little and shook her head.

Johnny: "I'll just have to try harder then."

Selene: "Don't worry, we'll give you a nice makeover later to make you the prettiest of them all," Selene remarked with a smirk on her lips.

Johnny: "I can't say I'd be completely opposed," he returned the smirk. Makeovers meant girls.

Tigra: Tigra looked between Selene and Johnny and wondered if she should warn him about saying yes to Sel.

JP: Jean-Paul looked back to Selene. "I get to help, yes?"

Johnny: "I don't see why not since she'll need to make sure I look better than you," he grinned.

Selene: "We could make an epic duel out of the event," Selene replied with a smirk, falling silent as the turned another corner and found themselves approaching the junkyard by the edge of town.

JP: "So I get to dress you, hmm?" Yeah, that was a leer. Right, need to focus, the junkyard was upon them. "Well, definitely empty. Does anyone see where FEMA's set up the border?"

Johnny: "Dress implies clothing," Johnny pointed out and glanced around.

JP: "It implies taking them on and off as well."

Johnny: "Doesn't necessarily mean in front of you."

Tigra: "Not without some climbing..."

JP: "Then you'll just have to settle for coming in behind me." He ran up to the edge of the junk yard, flying just a bit to see over.

Johnny: Johnny shrugged, "I imagined it'd be the other way around."

JP: "That's the thing about me, I never settle." He called down motioning for Johnny to follow him up to have a look. "I see little peg things, think that's the border marker anyway. I think they've assumed nobody would come this far."

Selene: Selene left the looking around business to others, focusing instead on her inner senses. "I don't think anyone is nearby except for us."

Johnny: Johnny went fiery and took into the air to follow JP for a look, "So, we just jump the border and it's all good..."

JP: "Yeah, that seems to be the jist of it." He turned to look down at the others. "Any food requests you want me to nip out and get then?"

Selene: "I'd be content with you coming back to pick us up should that way be clear," Selene replied.

Tigra: "I can feed myself, get what you like...."

JP: "Right then, see you all in a minute." With that Jean-Paul was off, charging the border.

JP: And then, the second he was over the border he was not, falling out of his run and coming to a rolling stop, out cold.

Selene: Selene watched JP fail spectacularly at walking, jumping up behind her cover but deciding to stay clear of the open space. She looked around to see if anything or anyone could have hit him, but just saw him lie motionless on the ground.

Johnny: Right. So, he definitely wasn't trying to hop the border now...

Tigra: "Jean-Paul!" Tigra ran over to check on him but the border defenses got her too and she was unconscious and very much human-looking before she hit the floor.

Selene: This time Selene ducked further behind her cover, her eyebrows arched when she witnessed Tigra topple over, as well. "Stay here," she told Johnny.

Johnny: Johnny nodded, fairly content with not moving any closer to the border, "I can do that."

JP: The sound of a truck was roaring closer, coming up to the junk yard now.

Selene: "I can't see anyone," she whispered, spinning around when she heard the vehicle approach. "Guess we didn't stay unnoticed, after all."

Selene: She debated what to do. Tigra falling over like that had make it obvious that just running over to get them was no option - there was someone or something knocking them out just like that. "They're still alive," she told Johnny, sensing the two mutants life-force.

Johnny: "Well, that's a plus," Johnny sighed. He was a bit noticeable like this, and now he lacked clothing... He debated which would attract more attention. On fire or naked? "So, what do we do?"

JP: Two of the workers got out, heading for the border and..."We've got naked jumpers? Phil, what the hell is this shit?"

JP: Phil did not know. "Maybe this disease adds crazy too...but she don't look tentacly, does she?" Both men stepped over the border, coming to nudge their finds.

Selene: Selene bit her lip when she saw the military truck approach from the wrong side of the border. "I'm not sure we can do anything from here," she whispered back.

Johnny: Johnny made sure he was out of sight as the men climbed out of the truck, not exactly pleased with them nudging at Tigra. Well, or JP, he guessed. "Nothing comes to mind besides throwing junk..."

Selene: "I'd be all for this, but we could end up hurting the wrong one," Selene replied.

JP: "Well, this'll give the guys at camp a thrill I guess." the cuffs came out and Phil toed Greer over, cuffing just in case she woke up and using it to lift her up as his partner in Federal Emergency did the same with Jean-Paul

Selene: "Before we do anything, we'll have to find out what knocked them out so easily," Selene told Johnny. "And possibly inform the others somehow."

Johnny: He glanced over to Selene, "And, we're going to let them take Greer and JP?"

Selene: "I'm open for suggestions on how to accomplish that without getting knocked out ourselves or taking too long," Selene replied. "They were here quickly after we tried to cross the border, and no doubt there's more of them."

JP: Their border jumpers now tossed in and locked away. FEMA Phil and Don were off, driving for their camp

Selene: Selene bit her lip again. "Well, so much for that," she muttered. "Hopefully they'll at least get some food wherever they're being taken now."
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

JP: "Viarge..." Jean-Paul whined, cringing as he woke up. That had hurt...whatever that was. He blinked as he sat up, trying to collect his thoughts as he looked across from him to the other side of the truck. "...Huh, this isn't a situation I ever thought I'd be in."

Tigra: Greer let out a groan as she stirred, she hurt all over. And she was cold. And the floor was hard... and moving... she sat up, "What the fuck?!"

JP: "You said exactly what I was thinking." He admitted, looking about the truck. "I do believe that didn't go as planned. What happeend?"

Tigra: "You passed out on the other side of the border... I went to see if you were okay and I guess I must've passed out too...." she shivered, why was she cold? She looked down at herself. Oh. "When did that happen...?" she shifted back into her fur. Better.

JP: "I'd say that happened after I passed out." He sighed. "Well, we're still moving. I don't really want to be here when we stop, do you?"

Tigra: "Not especially... it'll definately get worse than being handcuffed in a truck..." speaking of which... she pulled the cuffs off, the metal twisting and breaking. She tossed them to one side.

JP: "Hm, good idea." Jean-Paul lifted his feet, putting the handcuffs in front of him now before vibrating his hands out, rubbing his wrists. "You're okay, right?"

Tigra: She nodded, "I'm fine... healing mutation means I'm generally not down for long..."

JP: "That must come in handy." He gave a bit of a chuckle, pulling himself to his feet and going to test the door and have a look out. "I don't think we've went far."

Tigra: "It's pretty good... I get in trouble a lot..." she moved to the door, holding onto the wall, her tail flicking out behind her as she tried to keep her balance. "Well... far or not, it's not like I can't find my way back..."

JP: "Wasn't doubting that." He clarified. "Just relieved we haven't made it through any checkpoints or whatever or have rendered ourselves brain damaged. Shall we?" he waved his hand at the door. "After you."

Tigra: Tigra nodded, jumping out of the van and rolling when she hit the ground, digging her claws into the road to stop herself. She stood up and shook herself off. That was unpleasant.

JP: Jean-Paul decided to just not hit the ground this time. The first time had hurt just enough to avoid a second time that day. He did let himself down by Tigra. "I imagine the others didn't stick around. We might as well get back to the school, yes?"

Tigra: She nodded, "Yeah..." she looked around, scenting the air again and frowning a little. "Hope they're okay..."

JP: He looked behind them at the truck still going none the wiser. "Well, there isn't another truck so if they'd bring them to the same place they weren't captured. Maybe they didn't cross."

Tigra: "Well I'd hope that watching us get whatevered unconscious would put them off the idea of following us..."

JP: "Indeed. Hopefully they've went back to warn the others...I suppose getting in won't be near as difficult as getting out."

Tigra: "I hope not... that'd be annoying... and kinda pointless...."

JP: "Well, it's not like anyone's in a big rush to get into a quarantined city...hopefully at least we don't pass out the second we get on the other side."

Tigra: "Yeah but that's assuming the barrier discriminates between in and out..." she shrugged a little, "We'll work it out when we get there."

JP: "Indeed we shall." He started walking, glancing back to keep an eye on the truck to make sure that it didn't double back.

Tigra: She sighed, "I wish it wasn't so damned cold... then I could not look so obviously different..." she was worried about people turning up out of nowhere and giving them the third degree about why they were heading for the city, but if they were obviously mutants they might skip the questioning part.

JP: "They might notice you being naked as well. Though then you'd only be arrested for public indecency and I don't think we should get you arrested by anyone two times in one day."

Tigra: "I don't mind being naked... and I'm sure they wouldn't complain that loudly..."

JP: "Depends on who you ask I suppose but I'd always heard that was a stricter problem south of the border, overly puritanical roots and everything."

Tigra: "Yeah... ew religion..." she shook her head, "I did away with that as soon as possible."

JP: The truck was well away now so Jean-Paul allowed himself to relax as they made their way. "I don't have a big problem with religion...some people in them, sure."

Tigra: "Most of it frowns on anything and everything I get up to.... better for everyone if I just pretend it doesn't exist."

JP: "Would you believe I'm Catholic?" Ahh, yes, this was looking familiar. "See any sign of the border?"

Tigra: "... No I would not." she laughed a little then turned her attention to the road ahead, "Hmm...."

JP: "Well, not a good one nor one that pays much attention but I've never bothered actively not being one so I suppose that puts me in some form of limbo."

Tigra: "Mmhmm... they tend to frown on the guys humping guys thing too...."

JP: "What can I say, I think the Pope's hat is bitching."

Tigra: She laughed, "Imagine the kind of stuff you could hide in there...."

JP: "Oh yes, you could hide small children..."

Tigra: Tigra cracked up again and gave him a shove, a little harder than she meant to because she forgot herself, "You're terrible!"

JP: Jean-Paul fell over and just sort of rolled, amused and laughing. "I'm delightful."

Tigra: "Oh so that's what they call it these days?" she put her hands on her hips, raising an eyebrow at him and smirking a little.

JP: He just lay there, nodding. "Yes. I am up to date on the latest lingo. I am hip to all sorts of jive."

Tigra: "Oh stop talking before you embarass yourself." She offered him a hand up.

JP: "I never embarass myself." He gladly took the hand up though. "That's part of my charm."

Tigra: "Uh huh... sure..." she patted him a little.

JP: He cracked the largest grin he could manage at that, popping his nose up in the air and sauntered. "One of the many pieces to my charm puzzle."

Tigra: She laughed, "You're such a dork..."

JP: "You're finding a lot of the pieces, aren't you now?" He stopped short as he found one of the pegs marking the border. "Well...should we hop over it or what?"

Tigra: "I don't know..." she chewed her lip, sniffing at the peg a little before she realised what she was doing. Damned feral. "Guess we just... try?"

JP: "...I could fly us up. I mean this thing has to have some sort of range on it."

Tigra: "And if it doesn't? I'll be fine but you probably bruisse..."

JP: Another thing occured to him. "What if we just didn't use our powers?"

Tigra: ".... I'd have to be naked for that....."

JP: "Well, as much as that might pain me, I'm all ready plenty bruised passing out mid-run and I'd rather not fall to my doom...so I'll live with nudity."

Tigra: "Okay... but it's fucking freezing I hope you know...." She had to take a moment to prepare herself for that.

JP: "I'll not make pointed comments, promise."

Tigra: "Better not..." she ran a hand through her hair and shifted out of her fur, stepping over the boundary. She put a hand out to steady herself on the otherside and groaned a little. That didn't feel nice at all. Also... COLD. She shifted back into her fur.

JP: As Jean-Paul stepped over he could feel his stomach turn inside out. Suddenly that particular organ felt very...fuzzy. "Christ, that..." He thought better of talking as that fuzzy feeling crept up from his stomach with a foul taste, making his eyes water as he stumbled sideways.

Tigra: "That was horrible...." Tigra finished for him, recovering a little faster. She caught him as he stumbled, "Come on, let's get out of here..."

JP: He felt it was better not to speak, just nodding and regretting it as he focused on putting one foot in front of the other, completely disoriented.

Tigra: Tigra steered them away from the boundary and off the main road just to be on the safe side, holding JP upright until he was able to manage on his own.

JP: "Yeah, yeah, horrible about covers it." Still green, Jean-Paul found his voice a moment before finding his feet, shaking it off and walking properly albeit a bit swervy. "Think I'm going to go sleep that off when we get home."

Tigra: "Good idea... you don't smell very well... or look it...."

JP: "And that's absolutely tragic. I must fix that and return to my typical glory."

Tigra: "And spectacular campness..." Tigra nodded, "Although that seems to have blossomed in your discomfort."

JP: "It's not camp if it's the truth...and it's simply a stiff upper lip when in discomfort, works quite well for me."

Tigra: "Yeah yeah, I believe you."

JP: "Plus I have to recover from the shock of waking up handcuffed with nude girly bits nearby. It's a bit of a surprise."

Tigra: She laughed, "Aww, did I offend your delicate homo sensibilities?"

JP: "More the moment before my head caught up with what was happening. That was a scary half-second."

Tigra: She laughed harder, "Oh wow... no offense... but no.... never."

JP: "How can I be offended? It'd be a terrible thing to happen."

Tigra: "Well you're so sure you're all attractive and all of that... I was worried you might not appreciate someone saying you're not...."

JP: "Oh I know I am. I don't need any validation."

Tigra: "If you say so.... you're just not my type I guess.... too girly... and not in a good way." she grinned.

JP: "...how am I girly?" Now that did earn a bit of the stink eye.

Tigra: "It amazes me that you even have to ask that question," she raised an eyebrow at him, "Do you not listen to yourself when you talk?"

JP: "I am not girly."

Tigra: "If you say so..."

JP: "Of course I say so. I enjoy being right." He did smile again at that, glad as the buildings started to look more familiar.

Tigra: "Aww you're so deluded it's adorable." She ruffled his hair.

JP: "I prefer enlightened."

Tigra: She laughed, "You're not bald or fat enough for that title."

JP: "You'll see the light one day, not to worry." He patted her back. "Maybe after the zombo plague."

Tigra: "I just hope there is an 'after'...."

JP: The smile did slip a little as Jean-Paul nodded. "Yeah, have to hope for that...at least it's not spread out of the city."

Tigra: "Yeah... I just wish there'd been some news on how it was spreading or if they have a cure or what... it's just... nothing... I hate that.... And I hate that they're blaming mutants... why are we always the 'go to' response?"

JP: "Scapegoat and fear, happens anytime something like this coincides with bad blood towards any minority."

Tigra: "Doesn't make it okay...." she frowned, "It's not like we need any help at being unpopular..."

JP: "God no, it's the farthest thing from being okay. Makes me want to slap people with two-by-fours to tell the truth."

Tigra: "Yes because that would really help our image..."

JP: "It'd be nice though. Don't take that away from me."

Tigra: "Oh yeah... it'd be amazingly theraputic.... just make sure there's no cameras nearby and you're set."

JP: "We could take up baseball."

Tigra: "And aim at anti-mutant types? I bet I could hit them pretty hard even from a distance..."

JP: "And straight out of the ballpark?"

Tigra: "Yeah... or just in the ballsack..."

IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

JP: Jean-Paul had mistletoe...and he was amused.

Max: Max, wearing maybe a little bit more than the rest in the room, placed the box marked 'xmas decoration' down and looked over to the tree. "That tree's naked."

Penny: Braving the depths of branches, Penny tried not to topple the tree while it did its best to bury the red girl with its needly mass. She nudged it several times, while the stem still refused to fit into the stand. Obviously it still needed some carving.

Greer: Greer was battling with untangling the lights, "Who put these away... they should be hanged..."

JP: "Well, it's time to fix that, isn't it?" He grinned up at the tree and Penny apparently doing battle with the tree. "I'm convinced there is no safe way to put away Christmas lights. They just want to be like that."

Max: "Ugh, christmas in winter, feels so unnatural." Max added while watching the tree shimmy and shake.

Greer: Greer raised an eyebrow at Max and decided to let that one go. "Sure there is but you need a cable wheel...."

Max: "Or a good pair of scissors," Max joked.

Penny: Unable to make a surprised sound, Penny merely froze and blinked instead, herself and tree tipping dangerously to one side until the whole affair came tumbling down. Flailing a bit, she eventually managed to tell up from down and poked out her head.

Greer: "You okay Penny?" Greer looked over at the tree destruction.

Max: Max stepped closer, "Need a hand, Penny?" he asked

Callie: Callie entered the room, pushing a large tea tray filled with baked goods (bought) and large mugs of hot chocolate, each with a peppermint stick as a twirler. "Happy Christmas, all! Hot chocolate break!"

JP: "We're unnatural people." Jean-Paul answered Max, moving to try to help Penn-oooh, chocolate! "Happy Christmas, you've brought delicious things."

Penny: Putting on an awkward smile, Penny reached down to fish for her chalkboard. "Sorry! Anyone hurt?"

Greer: "I'm not getting up til I find the end of this...." Greer was on a mission.

Callie: "I have! Store-bought but from a very lovely patisserie."

Max: "If anyone was hurt," Max told Penny, "Then their booboo can be fixed with the hot chocolate."

JP: "Fight the good fight, Greer. Never surrender." He gladly went for the chocolate, sighing happily as he took a drink then went to help with the tree.

Penny: Penny's smile turned into a grin when she spotted Callie with the tray, promptly leaping out of the felled - but otherwise unharmed - tree and bounding over to get a cup for herself. Which proved tricky as always, the cup deciding to make things difficult for her long, unwieldy claws.

Greer: Greer eyed Penny. "You want a straw, honey?"

Callie: "Oh, here, sweetie! I brought a bowl with a straw for you!" Callie took the bowl from the second tray on the cart.

Penny: Looking up, Penny thanked Greer and Callie with a smile, as the latter dipped the straw into her cup.

Greer: Finally she found the end of the string of lights. Half the battle was won! She sped up a little in her task.

Callie: "Sugar cookie?" She snagged one and went to inspect a large box of decorations. "How lovely!"

Max: Max sipped from his cup and shifted closer to Penny, "So... you still need to tell me what you want for christmas."

Penny: Penny watched Max while diligently sucking on the straw between her lips. Then she thoughtfully cocked her head, before putting down her cup. "I can be happy without things," she wrote in response.

Greer: Greer finally located the problem knot and the whole lot unravelled. "I win!" she announced triumphantly.

Max: "Hurray! Have a cup of chocolate! And a cookie!" Max cheered Greer, then turning back to Penny, "You sure? Because I got some extra bit of money that I can spend of stuff. You know, like presents."

Callie: "I'm making all of mine this year!"

Greer: Greer laid the lights out carefully so they wouldn't get tangled again then got up and went to pick up her cup of hot chocolate.

Penny: After carefully snatching a cookie between the tips of two claws, Penny resumed looking thoughtful while nibbling on the chocolaty goodness. "I never had a plush animal," she wrote after another moment of contemplation. "One that survived through a single cuddling, anyway."

Max: A grin grew on Max's face. Finally something he can buy. Now what plush animal could be tough enough to stay alive after a Penny cuddling...

Callie: She went over to the tree and inspected it. with the help of her powers, she got it upright and in its stand. She then made it grow fuller and taller, making it more confused than it already was. "Sorry, tree. Next year I'll see if we can't get a pretty fake one."

Greer: Greer settled down with her hot chocolate and a cookie, curling up a little way away from the others with them.

Max: "Atleast the tree didn't have a chipmunk or squirrel living in it." Maybe a leather plushie. Bondage Care Bear.

Penny: Smiling back at Max, Penny then watched in amazement as Callie moved the tree and even got it to stand upright. "Can't you fix it again when we no longer need it," she asked with the aid of her chalkboard, a hopeful expression on her face.

Callie: "I don't know...that is a bit beyond me. We can use it fully, so it won't go to waste."

Max: Reading what Penny wrote, Max suddenly wondered what she does if she ever ends up having to say a lot. Then he wondered how she would write a speech in front of a class. And then he wondered if there was something like an industrial strength plushie.

Greer: "So you're advocating slicing it up and burning it after?" Greer asked, munching on her cookie.

Max: "Ooor turning it into mulch... or something." Max added.

Greer: "Burning it would smell better...."

Penny: "We can make a nice fire with it to roast sweets," Penny suggested.

Callie: "Why not? It is just a plant. It is dead all ready, and by the time we're done it will have been completely useful."

JP: Jean-Paul decided he needed to make Penny a snuggle-proof teddy bear to give her as well as her present he had all ready made. "I am all for some roasting sweets."

Callie: "I have large marshmallows. I could not find the small ones."

Penny: Thinking about what Callie had said, Penny reconsidered and gave another suggestion. "Or we could use it to plant flowers when it has turned to mulch."

Callie: "That would work too."

JP: "Hot chocolate and marshmallows, now we just need some gingerbread for the hot chocolate, yeah?" He finished his current cup of chocolate off, deciding to take a string of lights and move for the tree.

Greer: Mmm gingerbread. "I like ginger bread."

Penny: Penny suckled on the hot chocolate straw after making the cookie disappear, before facing the tree once more. She considered helping with the lights, but the thin string and her claws certainly wouldn't agree with each other. So she went to look for pretty things to decorate it with instead.

Max: Max downed the last couple of sips of his hot chocolate then jumped for the string of tinsel hanging out of the box, wrapping it around Penny.

JP: Speed decorating was on! Well, as far as the lights were concerned. Jean-Paul hopped back, plugging them in in hopes that they would still work. "Victory!"

Callie: "Yay!

Max: "Shiny blinky shininess."

Penny: Penny whirled around with a grin on her face when the tinsel tickled her skin. Naturally, all she accomplished by that was getting wrapped up in the glittery strings.

Greer: Greer giggled at Penny, "Oooh let's decorate Penny!"

Callie: "How pretty!" Callie lifted out an old wooden bauble and hung it on the tree.

JP: "Oh hey, I'm for decorating Penny." There was much more tinsel where that came from. Jean-Paul grabbed a fistful of it and gave it a toss.

Penny: Ending up sitting on the ground, with strands of tinsel hanging from her spiky hair, she looked at the others with big eyes while trying to liberate herself from the sticky mess - only to somehow end up with even more of it on herself.

Greer: Greer giggled and pulled out her phone to snap a picture, "That's adorable!"

Max: "Don't give me that, you like being shiny." Max told Penny, then did his part in decorating the actual tree. He hung a red and gold patterned bauble.

JP: A bit of shifty side-eye in play, Jean-Paul decided Callie would be the next victim of speed tinseling.

Greer: Greer took a picture of that too.

Callie: Callie stepped back form putting another green and silver ornament up when she found herself in a storm of tinsel. "Noooo!" she wailed, trying to pull the slivers of whatever silver shiny paper it was made out of. "It clashes with my skin!"

Greer: "It looks spectacular!"

Penny: Shaking her head from side to side only managed to get the tinsel tangled up in her hair, so Penny decided that it could stay where it was for now. Stalking Max seemed much more promising for the moment, grabbing two large claws full of glittery things to help her out.

Penny: Pouncing him to wrap the tinsel around the quilled boy got just as much stuck on him as it added to her own collection, however, as the sticky stuff refused to let go of her fingers.

JP: "Everyone should have a little bit of shine to them." To make the point he went ahead and gave himself the tinsel baptism.

Greer: Two more pictures were snapped. Greer grinned at her collection and her lack of tinsel.

Callie: Callie stuck her tongue out and tried to get the stuff off. "This is horrible!"

Greer: "It's pretty!"

Max: "Argh! Noo, now I look like a fancy hedgehog at a parade."

Penny: "Then you need some, too!" Penny barely took the time to scribble those words before moving on to assault Greer with tinsel, as well.

Callie: Callie grabbed the packet of tinsel from JP and dumped the whole thing over Greer.

JP: "I don't know, it looks like you have tiny shiny flags all over. It's actually quite fun." And now there was a tinsel explosion. Jean-Paul ran through the assaults, grabbing a bit himself and deciding to go decorate the rest of the room as he did. "Does this count as decorating or trashing it?"

Greer: Greer eeped and flailed at the double dose of tinsel. She shook her head til the pile fell off and onto her shoulders, managing to get her arm out, "Someone take a picture?" she held out her phone.

Callie: "Trashing, I suppose." Callie extricated herself from tinsel town and took the phone. "I'll do it!"

Penny: Not daring to touch the delicate phone with her claws, Penny focused on helping to find Greer's face inside the tinsel-pile.

Callie: She started snapping away, thinking she should have brought her camera. She got one of everyone ad the tree.

JP: "Well, it's quite fun trashing!" Jean-Paul tossed more, very tempted to do a run-by of the rest of the school.

Penny: Looking around, Penny found out that they pretty much decorated everything but the tree so far.

Greer: "Can you un-trash me so I can help?"

Penny: Deciding to be helpful, Penny started to carefully slice away at the worst of the tinsel, even nibbling on some to drag it away with her teeth.

JP: "Just shake?" He tried to take his own advice but it was less than successful but still fired ahead, coming to the tree. "We should have put the topper on before we stood it up, shouldn't we have?"

Callie: She handed the phone back to Greer and went back to decorating the trre, blowing some tinsel out of her face.

Greer: "I can climb it...." she took the phone back.

Max: "At least there's blinking lights on the tree, and a pair of balls hanging there at the bottom. That should count as something."

JP: "I'll hand the star up to you then?" He eyed the tree, wondering just how strong the top of it was.

Greer: "Sure... or... can't you fly?"

Penny: Penny nodded and went to find something for Greer to put on the top of the tree. Peeking into one of the boxes revealed a hollowed out pumpkin. That didn't seem to be in the right place.

JP: "I'm afraid to kick up all the tinsel. It could be disasterous."

Callie: "Well, wait." she made the tree bend down "Ok, now put the topper on."

Greer: "... Well that's no fun at all."

Max: "But it is efficient."

JP: "Look at Callie and her sensible suggestions. I wanted to tree a catgirl." He grinned though, going ahead and popping the star right on.

Callie: "Sorry! I'm used to getting this all done so we can relax by a fire and stay up all night."

Penny: After she didn't find anything she liked, Penny looked around the room and smiled when she noticed the stack of firewood by the fireplace. She headed over to pick out some pretty looking logs of wood.

JP: "So, what do you usually do for Christmas?" He asked the room, finally pleased at the state of the star after fiddling the crookedness out of it.

Callie: "We do not do much - stay home, cozy and warm drinking hot chocolate with lots of cookies and stories."

Penny: Penny sat down next to the tree, crossed her legs, and put the pieces of firewood in her lap. "We always used to have a nice evening with everyone from the charity and all the people we cared for," she wrote on her chalkboard. "One time there were no trees anywhere and we used a cactus."

JP: "We went ice skating a lot of the time. The rink would open up for free around Christmas." He laughed at the cactus bit as he read it. "Sounds like a good time."

Greer: "For the last few years... not a whole lot..." she frowned. "Last year I tried visiting my parents... didn't go well."

JP: He cringed at that. "Sorry to hear it. Do you have anything to do with them now?"

Greer: "Only Simon, Billy's on mom's side...." she picked up another cookie, "I mean... I figured I should try, they thought I was dead for two years so you'd think they'd just be pleased I'd show up."

Penny: Penny gave a Greer a sympathetic look. "That's sad," she scribbled on her chalkboard, complete with an unhappy smiley face.

Greer: She shrugged, "Not really surprising... they're not keen on the whole orange and black thing I have going on..."

Penny: "This year you can celebrate with us," she added after cleaning her board, this time accompanied by a much happier smiley face. "It will be great!"

Max: "Christmas at my place is stay up past midnight on christmas eve, open presents, head to bed, wake up to enjoy presents, go to church, come back and start with christmas lunch, which is kind of like sunday lunch but we use the fancy plates and glasses."

Greer: Greer smiled at Penny, "Yep and free of awkward dinner conversation for Scott.... I really should get him something to aplogise for last year."

JP: "Oh yeah, the lunch is always awesome...we're going to be cooking after we decorate here, yeah? I could use a whole lot of Christmas stuff."

Max: "No way I'm cooking, that's a chick's job."

Penny: "I finally get to spend Christmas with my sister!" Penny held up her chalkboard once more, smiling excitedly at the others.

Callie: "You can cook, JP, I'll um. Set the table?"

JP: "...oh you didn't just say that, Prickle." He gave Max an amused side-eye and smiled at Penny. "That is a big plus for me as well."

Greer: Greer looked at little sad. She missed her brother. She picked up another cookie and went to sit down on her own again.

Callie: "I am a chick and you do not want to eat the food I prepare!" She tossed some tinsel she'd managed to get off herself at him.

Max: "Actually my stepbrother and I kept being chased out of the kitchen by my stepmom and step aunt and the stepcousin... not sure what you call the family. So yeah, don't blame me, blame the people who raised me."

Penny: "I'm only good at cutting veggies," Penny wrote for the others, before she turned her attention to the project at hand, picking up a piece of firewood.

JP: "Well, if you ever want to learn how to cook I'll be glad to teach." That went out to all. "Though I'll warn you I'm pretty picky about food once in a while."

Max: "And I'm just pretty prickly apparently."

Greer: "Dad's kind of a chef... I know how to cook... I just don't bother much of the time.... I can eat meat raw."

Callie: "Dad does some cooking, but we have a chef - he's very good."

Max: "I think anyone can eat meat raw.... except chicken and pork, that I atleast know. I miss biltong."

Greer: "I don't have that problem either... I can eat anything."

Callie: "Biltong? What is that?"

Max: "Dried and cured meat. South african delicacy. Kind of like the american beef jerky, only.... how do you say in english.... better."

Penny: "I eat everything," Penny informed the others, before returning to slicing bits of wood off from the piece in her hands.

JP: "Oh I can eat anything but when I'm cooking I'm pretty particular. Just sort of orderly or something I suppose."

Max: "What's it going to be?" Max asked Penny.

Callie: "Ah. I have not eaten Beef Jerky or Biltong."

Greer: "Beef is better fresh... and still bleeding."

Max: "Make mine medium to rare."

JP: "So can we assume whoever gets the wood carving got a Penny original?"

Callie: "I do love steak tartare!"

Penny: "Figurines for the Christmas tree," Penny let Max know, pausing long enough to write down her reply. "I hope they turn out pretty."

Callie: "I bet they'll look really nice, Penny. Though we are going to need more firewood."

Greer: "I'm sure they'll look lovely, sweetie." Greer gave her a smile.

Max: "Oh, you mean like the christmas story? Baby santa under the christmas tree with rudolph shining his nose so bright to signal the three wise elves where they are, who are each bringing a gift for the new pudgy born. Tinsel, blinking lights and a christmas card?"

Max: "Now that would make excellent figurines."

Greer: Greer just looked at Max, eyebrow slightly raised.

Callie: "I don't think that is how the story goes."

JP: "...I would pat your head but I'm afraid you'll want a special hug."

Max: "A nice tight one."

Callie: "Ouchies."

Penny: Penny cocked her head and put on a wry smile. "I can try..." she scribbled with one hand.

JP: "Now I sort of wish I had drawn you for my secret santa just so I could have made your quills little soft sleeves or something."

Max: "You knit as well?" Max asked. "He cooks, he cleans, he decorates and knits. Gonna make someone a happy groom one of these days?"

JP: "Why yes I will, I'm glad you recognize my quality."

Greer: Greer giggled, "I told you you're a girl...."

Callie: "You are some sort of superman, JP!"

JP: Jean-Paul looked to Greer, giving her a look that definitely was not filled with holiday spirit.

Greer: Greer grinned back. Her work here was done.

JP: "One of these days I'll sheer you and I'll give you a badly sewn afghan."

Greer: "I wouldn't do that. I know where you sleep."

JP: "You assume I stay in my own bed that often?" He smirked going back to decorating the tree.

Greer: "You assume I didn't learn your scent already."

JP: "...quit smelling me, that's really creepy."

Penny: Sitting inside a circle of wood chippings, Penny held up her first figurine to give it a scrutinizing look. She tried to decide whether it look more like an angel or a very large beetle.

Greer: "And I win again!" She laughed.

JP: "If winning is being creepy and smelling people I think I'll stick to well cooked meals and decorating."

Greer: "It's not creepy, it's neccessary. I'm a feral mutant, I have a bad memory for names. Smells are better."

Callie: "I am creeped out, too. At least, do I smell good?"

JP: "You're meaty. You might not like the answer to that."

Greer: Greer nodded, "Yep, you smell very nice. Most people do.... only mean people smell bad really."

Penny: Penny shifted towards Callie and curiously leaned closer.

Greer: Greer couldn't help giggling at Penny. She was adorable.

Callie: "Er...it's my perfume. Chanel 5."

Greer: Greer shapeshifted and had a sniff of Callie, "Nope. It's not the perfume."

Penny: Penny gave Callie's neck a very brief lick, before leaning back with a smile. "It smells good," she wrote down. "I like it."

JP: Well...that was something, wasn't it? "Here, maybe you need this so you can do that to more people." He held out the mistletoe to Penny.

Callie: "I love mistletoe. So much fun."

Penny: Titling her head sideways, Penny gave the mistletoe a curious look.

Greer: "You'd be amazed what you can tell about someone from how they smell.... showering doesn't always cover it all up." She leaned and sniffed at JP just because.

Callie: "I don't want to know!"

Greer: She grinned fangily at Callie.

JP: "Anything interesting then?" He looked to Greer expectantly. "It's sort of like getting your palm read but not absolute silliness."

Greer: "Nothing I didn't already know."

Penny: Penny carefully took the mistletoe between two clawed fingers, careful not to cut it by accident. At first she gave it a scrutinizing look, then sniffed it curiously, and eventually settled on nibbling one edge for a bit.

JP: "Aw, come on, share?" He gave a bit of a pout.

Callie: "It is poisonous! Don't eat it!"

JP: "Oh, oh , yeah, nooo eating the mistletoe. Not a good idea. Just put it over anyone you'd like to kiss...or in your case, lick sometimes."

Penny: Penny stopped the nibbling and looked between JP and Callie. "I never had a kiss-twig at any Christmas before," she wrote for them.

JP: "Well...new traditions?"

Greer: Greer sniffed a little more at JP, "Are you suuuuuure you want me to say?"

Callie: Callie very very carefully gave Penny a tiny kiss on the cheek.

JP: "Do I smell like a bad person or something?" He sniffed his wrist, wondering what bad smelt like.

Greer: "Well I was just wondering if Adam or Reed would want me to say.... oh wait too late." She grinned.

JP: "...yeah, might not want to spread that one around. I'm not sure what either of them would feel about that being common knowledge, actually."

Callie: "You naughty boy! But not to worry, I won't say."

Greer: She laughed, "Well you asked...." she sniffed again, there was a familiar scent she hadn't smelled in a while too, "And you smell like Rogue..." she cocked her head on one side.

Penny: Smiling at JP, Penny nodded and decided to give it a try. She held it above Greer's head and waited for something to happen. Moments later, a frown appeared on her face. "I think it's broken," she wrote on her chalkboard.

Penny: She turned to look at Callie and grinned. "Oh, now it works," she added.

JP: "Yeah...not for the same reasons." He thought he'd clarify that right away. "Sometimes you have to be patient with the mistletoe. And if it doesn't work just go ahead and do it yourself. Makes it happy."

Greer: Greer looked at Penny, lifted her arm to raise the mistletoe again and kissed her on the cheek.

JP: "It's mistletoe magic!" Jean-Paul clapped, quite amused.

Penny: Penny grinned at Greer, too. "I think I just wasn't doing it right."

Callie: "But now you know how to do it, so let the kissing begin!"

Penny: Penny eagerly bounced up and down with an excited grin on her face. She couldn't wait to try out the mistletoe with the rest of the school.

JP: He looked to the others and smirked, knowing that they had created a monster.

Greer: Greer patted Penny fondly on the head and shifted out of her fur since it was rubbing uncomfortably on her clothes.

Callie: Callie dimpled devilishly. "So, hold it up high over your head and watch the magic happen, or hold it over someone else's head..."

Penny: Penny nodded in response to the explanation - it sounded easy enough and quite fun. Next she jumped to her feet, proceeded to hold the mistletoe first over JP's, then Max's head, and put a gently kiss on each boy's cheek.

Penny: "I'll try it out in class!" She hastily scribbled the words on her chalkboard, before bounding out of the room, waving the mistletoe about.

Callie: "Oh dear."

Greer: "Why do I have a feeling this is gonna come back to bite us in the ass...?"

JP: "I don't know, I think this is going to be awesome."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

JP: "My, Adam really did paint the town red and then some, didn't he?" Jean-Paul chuckled quietly as he looked up at the paint job, shaking off a bit of snow from his shoulders.

Greer: "I don't envy the people that have to clean up when quarantine is over...." Greer pulled her coat tighter around her. Cold. But she'd committed to being non-fuzzy today so she'd have to suffer.

JP: "Well, it's not like things aren't going to need a fresh coat of paint to cover up ink stains and other things so I suppose it is at least more cheerful."

Darren: Darren seemed happy enough crusing a long next to the group in just his t-shirt and jeans, "Yes because paint will be so much tricker compared to all the gore, guts, looting debris and burnt out cars."

Greer: "Well I kind of meant all of that in with the repainting, Darren..." Greer rolled her eyes.

Selene: "If I were the residents, I'd opt to burn down the place anyway and build up something new and more exciting," Selene commented, strolling by Darren's side.

Selene: "Maybe we should help them with that," she mused, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Darren: "Like a roller coaster."

Selene: "Or a haunted house," Selene added.

DrSummers: "Cheerful isn't the word I'd use." He patted his pockets to make sure his cellphone was there, just in case. "Let's not destroy anymore than what's been done, kids."

Greer: "Yeah... you have fun with that...." she shook her head, kicking at an empty can.

JP: "Just as long as the fire involves some s'mores I'm game. Probably would be handy as a security write-off for people as well."

Darren: "Oooh haunted house ..."

JP: "Awww, no destruction?" Jean-Paul looked back to Scott, trying not to smirk too badly. "What about mayhem, can we cause mayhem?"

DrSummers: "No."

Greer: "I think the goo zombies have monopolised the mayhem anyway, honey..."

Selene: "I believe I could offer my help when it comes to rebuilding," Selene told the others. "Getting wrecked buildings to reassemble themselves should be a useful ability."

JP: "That's true, you could be the savior of the city with that."

Selene: "You think they'd make me mayor for that," Selene asked, looking at the others.

Darren_: "I'd totally make you mayor for building haunted houses."

Greer: "Ugh kill me now..." Greer muttered.

DrSummers: "I doubt they'd want the help, but you can always offer." He turned his head at a noise. He made sure he was between the kids and it, raising his hand to take off his glasses. There was nothing there.

Darren: "Sure, always wanted a tiger-skin rug."

Selene: "Why so grumpy," Selene asked Greer. "I could gift you Central Park when I'm in charge."

Darren: "Someone forgot to change her litter, that's what."

Greer: Greer glared at Darren, "NOT. FUNNY."

DrSummers: "Children, knock it off."

JP: "I will help you with your mayoral run." Jean-Paul promised Selene. "I'm just imagining your slogans."

Darren: "Only from your point of view," Darren grinned widly, rolling onto his back, picking Selene up and sitting her on his stomach as he cruised along.

Darren: "Over here it's pretty damn funny."

Greer: "Yeah because you're an asshole."

Selene: Selene chuckled. "We should all take a ride on Darren," she suggested.

JP: "Oh yeah, can I take a ride on Darren?" Oh, come on, like Jean-Paul wasn't going to go there?

DrSummers: "I said shut the fuck up." He turned around. There was something there, definitely.

Greer: "Think I'll pass, I'm sure he'd drop me on purpose..."

Darren: "Yup, I totally am an asshole, and hop aboard JP," he tapped his chest, "plenty of room."

Rose: In the direction of the noise that Scott heard, there was also now smoke.

Selene: Selene frowned when she saw the black trail of smoke rising up not too far ahead. "That is new," she said.

Darren: Darren tipped his head back, "Looks like there's some fun up there, wanna go check it out?"

JP: He needed no more invitation that that, quickly finding himself onboard the Darren Kent Express. "Is it? I lose track of smoke nowadays. I just figure the hobos have banded together and are having a roast."

Greer: Greer frowned, "I'm totally not wearing the right clothes for trouble..." she sighed and took her shoes off so she didn't ruin them.

Selene: "Any clothes are the right clothes for trouble, as long as you have a lead pipe," Selene informed the others.

Darren: "Lady's got a point."

DrSummers: Scott started off in the direction of the smoke, wishing he had something easier to use than his glasses.

Tigra: "Not when you have fur... Trust me." she shifted a little to free her tail. That was less uncomfortable. The smoke smell was also putting her off. Smoke meant fire.

Darren: Darren cruised after him.

JP: "Onward!" Jean-Paul patted Darren's head, enjoying the ride. "You know, Selene, you've got yourself quit the personal hovercraft here."

Selene: "Why thank you," Selene replied, smirking at JP. "Not only is he useful, but also entirely eco-friendly. No emissions, runs on electricity, and purrs like a kitten as long as you change the oil at least once a week."

Darren: "But preferably more than once a week."

Tigra: Greer pulled her coat off, she was too warm now. She also paused to remove her pants. Better. She'd find somewhere safe to put them for after.

Selene: "It greatly enhances performance, yes," Selene agreed with a nod.

JP: "Oh, so that's what the kids are calling it nowadays. You know Scott here has the best supply of condoms. I believe he is their king."

DrSummers: Scott stopped as the alley opened onto a large intersection. The fire was larger than he'd expected, and it was creeping closer...no. There were people on fire. He sighed. where the hell was Lizzie when someone needed her? "Ok. Stay alert. I think those are the zombies. Which means someone else set the on fire."

Tigra: "Fire and zombies?! This is just not my day...."

Darren: "... Can you imagine what the king of condom's crown must look like?"

Darren: "Or his septer?"

Selene: "I can, and it's a wonderful mental picture," Selene remarked, standing up to get a better view of the situations. "Don't they advice against fighting zombies with fire in every respectable book on the topic. The only thing you accomplish is getting undead who are on fire."

Rose: Rose was not far from those bruning people. She was backed into the corner of the ally, which was the only thing around her not on fire.

Tigra: Greer stuffed her clothes into the broken window of a car to free up her hands... she removed her top as an after thought.

Darren: "Oh mighty teacher-leader dude? You want me to try scanning the area to see if there's any non-zombois life forms around here?"

Tigra: Greer sniffed at the ground, "There are...."

Rose: Rose caught new movement from the students and narrowed her eyes. She squeezed her hands into fists and the fire disappeared, leaving a charred ally and burning zombies.

DrSummers: "Yes, thank you, Darren. But just a moment." He took off his glasses and blasted a wave of burning zombies into the building across the street. He put his glasses back on. "Ok, go for it. Be careful." Telepaths to link us up would be so useful...

Selene: "I can sense at least one non-infected person, too," Selene informed the others. "It's hard to pinpoint them, however."

Darren: Darren scanned the area, "Yeeeah, I'm picking up a human signiture, it's a bit masked by all the heat though."

Tigra: Greer tried to filter out the smell of smoke and focus on the scent of the non-zombie. She spotted the shape but was reluctant to move towards it because of the fire.

Selene: "You might be careful with those eyebeams, Scott," Selene tossed in, trying to tell the infected from any normals.

DrSummers: "Hi there! Need help?" Scott called to a figure that didn't look like a zombie. "We're here to help you."

Rose: Rose glanced around for somewhere to hide. It occured to her that maybe she should fight instead of hiding. Hiding was getting old.

Tigra: "I only have one normal scent..." She decided to avoid the fire by climbing up the wall of one of the buildings.

Darren: "... Yep, that's our chick," Darren pointed lazily towards the girl Scott was talking too.

Rose: Rose snapped her fingers and threw her hand out, sending a line of fire to snake around the group and enclose them and cut off their escape.

Tigra: Roof was charred bits free! Yay! She walked across and peered over the edge, spotting the girl.... and now she was even more glad she was on the roof and not down there.

Selene: "I'm quite sure the rest here are all of the tentacled kind," Selene called out, scanning the area for any other normal minds, but unable to find any.

DrSummers: "Crap."

Darren: Darren grinned, "I think she's a bit paranoid, don't blame her."

Darren: "Don't sweat it, you've got a flyer here," darren shrugged.

Tigra: Maybe she'd just wait and see what happened. She was safe up here...

Selene: "Hey, careful with that!" Selene ducked and shielded her eyes as she felt her hair getting singed by the sudden heat.

DrSummers: "Can someone douse the flames?"

Selene: "I can blow on it, but I doubt it'll do much good," Selene replied, trying to keep her distance to the fire.

Darren: Well he already had Selene and JP riding him, "Hold up," Darren said, grabbing Scott around the waist and flying up.

Rose: Rose glared and put the fire out again. These bastards were getting tricky. She sent a fireball at the group instead.

Darren: "See, no prob-argh!" Darren was forced to roll to avoid the flames, luckily he wasn't too high, "Watch it lady!"

Tigra: Greer flattened herself down on the roof as fire was thrown at the others. She definately didn't want to be seen if that was going to happen. She moved further along the ledge and looked for a safe way down that wouldn't startle the girl too much.

DrSummers: ""Oh Christ!" Scott yelped as a ball of fire came a little too close. "We're friends, not zombies! He tried the speech in French and Italian. "Put me down, Darren."

Rose: Rose wasn't pleased that she had missed. She sent another fiery ball at the flying group, trying to anticiptae another dodge.

Selene: Selene called out in surprise and held on to Darren when he had to dodge. "Can't you see we're not like them," she shouted. "No tentacles here!"

Tigra: Tigra climbed down a stack of crates, slowly and carefully. "Um... excuse me..." she said quietly, "Um... I know you're scared but... please don't set me on fire..."

Darren: "Sure," Darren dropped Scott as carefully as he could and then quickly brought up his arms to shield himself from the fireball, he was fireproof, his charges weren't.

DrSummers: Scott blasted at the fireball, taking out a building in the process.

Darren: "Ma'am, seriously, I am way better looking than any of those monsters," hmmm ... she looked a bit hyspanic, "Seriously, I'm not a zombie!" He tried calling in Spanish.

Rose: Rose turned her stance to take in the... fuzzy? woman? near her, keeping fire on her fingers to throw. Fire. She knew that word. "Fire..." And then she heard Spanish! [Spanish]"That is what the last group said."[/Spanish]

Tigra: "Uh huh... fire bad." Tigra landed on the floor, but stayed low and crouching submissively.

Selene: "At least this time it won't be me getting all the blame for obliterating the city," Selene muttered when Scott's beams did quite some impressive damage.

Darren: "But were they as articulate as I am? Come one, I can fly and I totally ahven't tried to swoop down and eat yuo or whatever, that's gotta be worth someting right? He lowered himself to the ground so that Selene and JP could get off him, "My name's Darren, Darren Kent, what's yours?

Rose: The fire on Rose's fingers vanished and she took a step toward the giant talking kitty.

JP: Jean-Paul looked to Scott. "You know, that's pretty badass. Guess that's a building the owners won't have to worry about repainting either, yeah?" Oh yes, destruction had happened. He hopped off of Darren, running for some of the fires that were going that weren't attached to zombos and speeding around them to suck away oxygen, putting it out.

Tigra: Oh no fire. Awesome. She gave the girl a friendly smile - minus fangs. And purred a little. Friendly. Not zombie.

Selene: Selene hopped off hover-Darren and found a nice non-burning spot of pavement. "I think the... Spanish is working," she said. "Hola?"

Rose: [Spanish]"I'm not leaving."[/Spanish] Rose told the man speaking Spanish. Rose gently touched the kitty woman.

DrSummers: "Yeah..." He gave the fire girl a smile and held up his hands. Ah, Spanish. Yet another language he apparently should learn. And here he'd thought three was enough. "Keep talking to her she's calming down."

DrSummers: "What did she say?"

Tigra: Greer sat still and let the girl pet her. She didn't mind pettings.

JP: "Whatever it was I don't think she was quite in agreement...though maybe she's up for groping?" He quirked an eyebrow at the pettings.

Darren: "No one's asking you too, pet the nice cat girl for a bit, we've given her her flea pill, it's all good." Darren said, before turning to Scott, "She said she's not leaving, and she thinks we're zombos."

JP: "Well, if any of us prove we don't leak black maybe she'll be on board with that?"

Rose: Rose decided the giant kitty was friendly enough, but then she glared at the man again. [Spanish]"Then you leave."[/Spanish] She flipped her hair over her shoulder.

DrSummers: "Ah. Well, I'm not a Zombo, My name is Scott, I'm a teacher. What's your name?" He gave the girl his most nice smile.

Selene: "We're here to get you," Selene explained, dusting off her Spanish. She then realized that what she had said might be a bit ominous. "To get you out of trouble, that is."

Tigra: Greer purred some more, slowly standing up now that the woman was definately not going to burn her.

Darren: "Fine by me, who wants to be volunteeed for bleeding?" He poked Scott, "She just asked us to leave," "You sure you don't want a hand here, I mean ... blasting zombies all day must get boring?"

Rose: Rose sent fire at Selene for the 'to get you' comment, never hearing the rest.

Selene: "I think she's a pyromaniac," Selene told the others in a whisper.

Tigra: She pointed to herself, "Tigra."

Selene: "Whoa!" Selene hit the ground, barely dodging the fireball.

Selene: "Definitely pyromaniac," she muttered.

DrSummers: "Ok, seriously. Stop firing on us. We're here to help you, not hurt you." He scooted between the girl and the others.

Darren: Darren quickly shot out a hand, catching the fireball and sending it zooming skywards harmlessly, "I will thank you not to threaten my girl friend ma'am."

Tigra: "You all need to relax your postures a lot..." Tigra told them, "You look majorly threatening."

Rose: [Spanish]"I told you sons of bitches I am not going with you before and I'll say it one last time. Leave me alone!"[/Spanish]

Tigra: "She's afraid, you all look scary... she's defending herself. Just calm the hell down." She frowned a little.

Darren: Darren looked at himself in his t-shirt, jeans and mussy hair, then at Selene, then at JP ... Yes, clearly they were very threatening ...

DrSummers: Scott grit his teeth and held out his hand to the girl. "I'm obviously not a zombie, so please calm down."

Tigra: "Or you could try smiling... non threatening... relax your posture...." God. It was like teaching children.

JP: Jean-Paul dug into his pockets, reaching for something that most everyone could see as a declaration of good intentions, holding out the bag of chocolates he kept on him for extra sugar to burn towards the girl.

Selene: "May I brain her," Selene asked the others. "Non-threateningly, of course."

Darren: "I'm seriously thinking we should just leave Tigger with the flamy girl and go get pancakes."

Tigra: "Oh yeah because that would really convince her we weren't trying to hurt her..." Tigra sighed. There was just no hope for non-ferals.

JP: "Tone counts as well, Greer, maybe you should try to give instructions with a smile." he had his own on, taking a seat on the ground as he waited to see what their firestarter thought of his offer.

Rose: Rose's eyes lit up a bit. It had to be a trick. Men do not just have candy on them... chocolate candy.

Tigra: Tigra gave rose a smile, picking one of the chocolates and eating it to show her it was safe.

Rose: Rose tensed, ready to fire on JP if the kitty cat dropped dead... but she seemed ok. Maybe it was safe?

Selene: "We are not here to harm you," Selene tried again. It had been quite a while since she had spoken Spanish, and actually felt a bit strange.

DrSummers: "Oh, wonderful. Ladies love candy. I've got...a pack of cigarettes and a lighter."

Tigra: Tigra purred again at Rose. Safe.

JP: "I'd take them." Jean-Paul spoke up. "She might like the fire though."

Rose: "Then why are you here? The last people who came tried to take me away. Said they were doing the world a favor."

Selene: "We come in peace," Selene continued, holding up the palms of her hands. "I think I still have a lemon somewhere."

Rose: Rose took one step closer to the chocolate. How long had it been since she had tasted chocolate? Her mouth watered at the memory.

JP: "Tell her we live around here and saw smoke?" He kept the bag held out for her, still plopped on the ground with his legs gathered up against him.

DrSummers: "This is progress." He lowered his hand and gave a sigh. He took a step back slowly.

Rose: Rose didn't take her eyes off Darren as she went for a chocolate, shaking as she did.

Darren: Darren shrugged, Selene seemed to be being more effective than him at this, and took a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one.

Tigra: Tigra's tail curled and uncurled behind her as she watched, continually monitoring the girl's scent for any changes.

Rose: Rose put Darren's cigarette out with a smile. Her idea of a joke. She munched on her chocolate happily.

Darren: Darren blinked and took the cigarette out of his mouth and stared at the end of a second, before trying to relight it.

Tigra: Greer giggled a little. She already liked this girl.

Selene: Selene searched her pockets, and while she didn't find a lemon or other treats, one contained a small rock with a sour face painted on it. "The people who tried to chase you away wanted to do the same to us," she told the girl, offering her the little rock. "They are no friends of us."

Rose: [Spanish]"We can set them on fire then, yes?"[/Spanish] She took the little rock, confused.

DrSummers: Scott sighed and offered up his cigarettes. "What are you guys saying?"

JP: "Yeah, mind translating once in a while? I'm getting cramped up here."

Selene: "We are like you," Selene continued, trying not to get too tempted by the girl's suggestions. "Maybe later. It makes them angry."

Darren: "She's saying we can set zombies on fire together."

Rose: Rose took the offered cigarette and lit the end by blowing on it. She inhaled on the white stick, then grinned. [Spanish]"I can wait to set them on fire."[/Spanish]

JP: "You know, shouldn't we feel more squicky about killing and maiming them...I mean, we don't know the people they were aren't still in there...but, then again, they do try to ink-tentacle us to death."

Selene: "She agrees to come with us if you will wear your pants on your head," Selene told JP.

Darren: Darren snorted.

JP: "My pants would make a poor hat."

Tigra: Tigra giggled again, getting the feeling that wasn't what the girl had said. She tried again with her name, "Tigra." she pointed at herself. Then gestured to her indicating she'd like to know her name now.

Selene: "She will settle on a turban?" Selene shrugged, then turned back towards the girl. "I'm Selene. What's your name?"

JP: "I could totally bring turbans back." Jean-Paul went ahead and took a bit of his own chocolate.

Rose: "My name is Rosalinda Elena Rodriguez... Rose.. I am from Mexico... the pen is on the table..." She paused... then blushed. That was not supposed to be part of a greeting.

Tigra: Tigra smiled kindly at her, "Rose. That's pretty."

DrSummers: "Oh, good. English. My name is Scott Summers. It's nice to meet you, Rose."

Rose: [Spanish]"Are you going to send me back to Mexico?"[/Spanish] She looked to Selene and Darren, since they had been the ones speaking Spanish.

Darren: "Do you want to go back to Mexico?"

JP: "Jean-Paul." He gave her a bit of a wave as he introduced himself.

Selene: "No one wants to go back to Mexico," Selene remarked. "No, only out of the city. To safety."

Rose: She turned to Jean-Paul. "Thank you, Jean-Paul." She pointed to the chocolates. Rose looked back to Selene, paused, then nodded. Out of danger would be a change. Maybe they had a nice bridge to sleep under to keep out of the rain.

JP: He took that as freedom to stand back up. "Of course."

DrSummers: "Then we're in agreement? To get the hell out of here before more zombies or government people show up?"

Darren: "Sure, I have a real craving for panckes now as well."

Rose: Rose knew that word too. "Pancakes?"

Tigra: "Sure... want some?" She smiled.

Darren: "Yeah, pancakes ... and bacon ..."

Rose: Rose was all smiles now. Food! Real food!?

JP: "Oh there you go, I think that's made her happy."

Darren: "I'll cook you some up when we get back to the mansion, if you like?"

Tigra: Tigra held a hand out to Rose. "Hungry, huh?"

Selene: "We come from a place where food is plenty," Selene explained and gave Rose a nod.

Rose: Rose looked a bit confused as she tried to translate all of that. She could figure out that she was supposed to take the offerd hand.. and there was something about a castle maybe? Surely that wasn't quite right. She took the kitty hand.

Rose: [Spanish]"Food is most appreciated. Thank you, ma'am."[/Spanish]

DrSummers: "Food always makes everyone happy," he said with a grin. "I think there's a small cache of food in the van's emergency kit. A couple granola bars, to tide you over."

Tigra: Tigra smiled at Rose and made a start towards the street... and her clothes.

Selene: "You can eat as much as you like, as long as you don't mind being part of our family. Everyone helps out play their part." Selene nodded again and smiled at the new girl. "You know how to tidy, do you? My room is a mess, you know?"

Darren: "Selene!"

Selene: "What? Everyone is getting their own Mexican, why can't I?"

Darren: Darren rolled his eyes and put his arm around Selene, kissing her cheek, "You're terrible, you know that?"

Selene: "Of course," Selene replied, leaning against Darren's side. "It takes a lot of work, after all."

Rose: Rose wasn't quite sure what to make of these people, but it led to a safe place to sleep for the night and food. Couldn't be all bad.

Tigra: When they reached the street, Tigra pulled her clothes out of the car and put her coat back on, deciding to just carry the rest of her stuff.

DrSummers: Scott herded the children towards the van, looking behind them for signs of any more zombies.

Rose: Rose stayed with the giant kitty cat, keeping an eye out, like Scott, for more zombies of black goo.

JP: "You probably picked a poor time to arrive in the city. But I guess you've figured that out all ready."

Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Tigra: Tigra opened the door to her room, now that they'd reached the right floor, and brought her stuff inside, gesturing for Rose to follow her if she wanted.

Rose: Rose took a timid step into the foreign bedroom, looking around. This place was much larger than her house had been, and she just knew she was going to get lost. Soon.

Tigra: Tigra smiled at her, taking her coat off and hanging it up before pulling her other clothing items back on again. Now that it wasn't crazy and scary she could shapeshift back.

Rose: Rose relaxed a little, smiling at Tigra, then looking out the window. She was startled by her own reflection and rushed to a mirror.

Tigra: Tigra opened the bathroom door, "Shower?" she offered, "You can wear some of my clothes... you know... after...."

Rose: Rose ran her hands slowly over her own face, then nodded. She looked terrible! And needed a haircut.

Tigra: Now dressed and completely uncomfortable with all the fur. Tigra shifted back.

Rose: Rose jumped a bit, startled, taking in the fact that the kitty was no longer a kitty... she reached a hand out to her.

Greer: Greer smiled, "Still me," she said, picking up a couple of towels for Rose, "Here... go right ahead."

Rose: Rose touched Greer, jumping at the flesh instead of fur, then smiled. So she was like her. Only different. She took the towels and headed into the bathroom.

Greer: Greer set about pulling out some clothes for Rose to have after she'd finished in the bathroom, laying them out on the bed. Then she sat down by the window to wait.

Rose: Rose took her time, amazed at how black the water was under her body. After scrubbing for what seemed like the 100th time, she finally felt clean again. She turned the water off and wrapped up in the soft, cozy towels.

Greer: Greer heard the water turn off again and moved to face the bathroom door.

Rose: Rose tossed her hair about a bit, using her heat to dry her hair. She smiled at herself in the mirror. She looked like herself again. Happy, she opened the door to Greer's bedroom again.

Greer: "Hey, have a nice... shower...?" she got distracted. She was staring. Stop staring it's rude. It's only cute when you're furry.

Rose: Rose smiled happily, touching her hair a bit. It felt so clean!

Greer: Greer managed to form an expression resembling a smile. She shook herself. "Um... you can have those..." she gestured at the clothes.

Rose: Rose went to grab the clothes, dropping her towel in an attempt to pick them up. She caught it quickly, blushing, and dropping the clothes. She tried again.

Greer: Oh boy... Greer decided watching the nonexistant wildlife out of the window was suddenly very interesting.

Rose: Rose dropped her towel now that she was ready to put on the clothes and started dressing.

Greer: Greer chewed her lip, trying to focus past the reflection in the glass.

Rose: Mostly dressed, Rose went to Greer's side to see what was so interesting outside. Her arms were in her new shirt, but she hadn't put it over her head just yet.

Greer: Crapcrapcrap! She shifted uncomfortably, Don'tlookdon'tlookdon'tlook!

Rose: Not seeing anything, Rose slid her shirt on over her head. [Spanish]"Squirrel?"[/Spanish]

Greer: "Huh...?" she looked. CRAP! Aaaand blush. She looked away again.

Rose: Rose decided Tigra was just another crazy American. She went to clean up her mess from her shower.

Greer: Greer relaxed and turned around again. Clothes were on. It was safe now. "Food?"

Rose: Rose perked up and smiled. "Food."

Greer: "Okay... we can wash your stuff later... just leave it here, it'll be fine..." she got up and moved to the door, running her hand through her hair and taking a steadying breath. She was fiiiiiiiine.

Rose: Rose had no idea what Tigra had just said, but she followed her to the door.

Greer: Greer led the way down to the kitchen, flicking the light on, "What ever you want," she said gesturing around, "All free."

Rose: Rose smiled and pulled the stool out, gesturing for Greer to sit down.

Greer: Greer blinked at her, but sat down as instructed.

Rose: Rose happily set about cooking them some dinner.

Greer: Greer watched her move around the kitchen, she was a little confused but if she didn't have to cook she wouldn't complain... then she wondered if this also counted as staring. Probably. She stopped.

Rose: In no time at all, Rose had a pan of enchilidas in the oven. She smiled at her new friend.

Greer: Greer smiled back, "Mmm Mexican food." Aaaand that put a mental image in her head she could do without right now. Bad Greer! She shook herself.

Rose: Rose happily sat down next to Greer.

Greer: "Man I wish you spoke english..." Greer was short on topics of conversation at the best of times.

Rose: "Some... English."

Greer: "We should teach you more... oh... um... I call myself Greer when I look like this..."

Rose: Rose played with her hair a bit, not catching the meaning.

Greer: Greer chewed her lip, "So... how did you get to New York?"

Rose: Rose continued to play with her hair, her eyes drifting to the other girl. She was pretty as a human.

Greer: Okay so she didn't understand that either.... Oy. This was awkward.... "Drink?" she tried.

Rose: Rose smiled and hopped down to get Greer a drink. She held up various things from the fridge to offer them to her.

Greer: "I meant I'd get you one but okay.... milk is fine," she smiled.

Rose: "Leche.... milk." Rose poured each of them a drink. Cats did like milk after all.

Greer: "Thank you, honey." She took the drink and had a sip.

Rose: Rose hugged Greer.

Greer: Greer blinked and hugged back, "Um... okay..." she patted her a little.

Rose: Rose bounced over to the stove to check on her dinner in the oven.

Greer: She smiled at her and tried not to stare again. She'd forgotten to give Rose a bra. Rookie mistake.

Rose: Rose moved back to the stool next to Greer.

Greer: "So... um.... how old are you?"

Rose: Rose held up 1 finger for a moment, then 9 fingers.

Greer: "Oh cool... I'm twenty one...." she held up her fingers too.

Rose: Rose smiled back at her. "Donde... where... are you from?"

Greer: "Chicago," she replied, "It's uh... colder than here..."

Rose: Rose shuddered. She didn't like cold.

Greer: "You get used to it..." A lot of people had that reaction. "Family?"

Rose: Rose swallowed a bit. "No."

Greer: "I'm sorry..." she gave her a hug, feeling bad.

Rose: Rose hugged her back, snuggling a tiny bit. It'd been a long time since anyone had asked.

Greer: Greer enjoyed the snuggling more than she was sure she should. But at least she had a legitimate reason for a hug.

Rose: Rose smiled, hating to break off the hug. It was nice to be with somone who wasn't trying to kill her.

Greer: "Food smells good," she smiled back, maybe simple sentences would be understandable.

Rose: Rose smiled at her and broke off the hug to check on the food, deeming it ready to eat. She pulled it out of the oven.

Greer: Woo food! She couldn't help bouncing excitedly. She was such a kid when it came to food. Plus it smelled amazing. "Yum!" she proclaimed.

Rose: Rose giggled and bounced a bit herself as she served up two plates, setting one in front of Greer.

Greer: She smiled, tucking into the food to distract herself from the bouncing of Rose. "Mmmm!"

Rose: Rose grinned. There was no language barrier that could prevent her from understanding that.

Greer: "You're a good cook," Greer told her, not sure if she'd understand that.

Rose: Rose tried a bite herself and nodded.

Greer: Greer gave her another smile and carried on eating in silence, occassionally sipping her milk.

Rose: Once her plate was empty, Rose offered Greer more. "More?"

Greer: "Oooh yes please!" She grinned, "That was lovely!"

Rose: Rose beamed and put more on both of their plates before sitting back down.

Greer: "Yay!" She started on her second helping, "I like you. Good food."

Rose: Rose caught the general meaning of her words and giggled.

Greer: Greer gave her another smile, "I'll cook for you one day too."

Rose: Rose munched on her dinner, so glad to be eating real food again. She wished she had picked up more English. [Spanish]"My housekeeper taught me how to cook. She was an amazing cook."[/Spanish]

Greer: Greer had no idea what she'd just said, "I don't speak Spanish, honey... languages didn't sink in..."

Rose: She understood the don't speak Spanish well enough. She had heard it a lot. She nodded. She needed a traslator. Or a dictionary.

Greer: "Sorry... I wish I did..." she chewed her lip.

Rose: Rose shrugged and cleared up their dishes once they were finished.

Greer: Greer got up to help her, feeling bad about letting her do everything. She finished her drink so she could wash her glass too.

Rose: Rose playfully splashed her friend with a bit of water from the faucet.

Greer: Greer shieked and laughed, splashing back.

Rose: Rose did much the same thing, laughing happily. She put some bubbles on Greer's cheek for her retaliation.

Greer: Greer laughed and wiped them off, putting them on Rose's nose. Although retaliation was probably a bad plan.

Rose: Rose laughed more and splashed her again.

Greer: "Oh it's on!" she splashed yet more water at her. On some level she knew she'd regret that before she did it.

Rose: Rose shrieked and grabbed a dish towel to hide behind.

Greer: Greer couldn't help laughing, "I'm sorry!" she managed to get out, "I'll stop now!"

Rose: Rose pretended to dry herself of... then quick as she could, she snapped the dish towel at Greer's hip/bottom.

Greer: Greer yelped and skipped away from her, "Oooooh cheater!"

Rose: Rose laughed quite happily and smiled at her.

Greer: Greer decided Rose needed to be disarmed.

Rose: Rose turned the water off and waited to see what Greer would do next.

Greer: Greer made a grab for the towel.

Rose: Rose shrieked and struggled a bit, laughing.

Greer: Greer managed to pin Rose's arms down long enough to get the towel, "I win!" she declared.

Rose: Rose laughed and pounced on Greer, trying to get the towel back, still laughing.

Greer: Greer eeped and nearly lost balance, but managed to keep the towel held out of reach... barely.

Rose: Rose kissed her friend's cheek and made another grab.

Greer: Greer was a little surprised by that and her prize was lost.

Rose: "Ha ha!" Rose grinned. Now she had won. She held up her pize triumphantly.

Greer: Greer tickled her instead.

Rose: And Rose crumpled to the floor in a heap of giggles.

Greer: "And I win again!" She laughed and tickled some more but not for long - there were still dishes to do.

Rose: Rose relented and lay on the floor, trying to control her giggles.

Greer: She held her hand out in offer to help Rose to her feet again.

Rose: Taking the offered hand, Rose got back to her feet.

Greer: Greer smiled at her then went to the sink to make a start on cleaning.

Rose: Rose followed her and helped her with the dishes.

Greer: When they were done and everything was put away, Greer went to the fridge for a bottle of water and held one out to Rose.

Rose: "Gracias." She took the water and opened it, taking a generous drink of it.

Greer: "No problem," she smiled at her again, "Let's go get your clothes and we can wash them..." she headed for the door.

Rose: Rose followed her, too afraid of getting lost to do anything else.

Greer: She took Rose upstairs and fetched the clothes and some soap powder then showed the other girl down to the laundry room.

Rose: Now that she was clean, Rose was aware of just how dirty she had been. She needed a way to build up her wardrobe. How could she get a job though?

Greer: "You can borrow some clothes if you want... you know... til you get some more... or just have them," Greer offered, wondering if Rose understood any of that.

Rose: Rose hopped up on the counter in the laundry room to watch how Greer used these particular machines.

Greer: She made sure the pockets were empty before she put the clothes in the machine.

Rose: Rose paid careful attention to which buttons and dials Greer used, since she couldn't read any of it.

Greer: Greer hopped up onto the counter when the washing machine started up. "And now we wait."

Rose: Rose smiled and moved to remove some stray bubbles from Greer's hair.

Greer: Greer giggled, touching her hair self-consciously, she hadn't realised there was still soap in her hair.

Rose: Rose smiled at her, tucking her own hair behind her ear.

Greer: Greer looked away again, feeling a blush heat her face.

Rose: Rose gave the back of Greer's head a puzzled expression.

Greer: Greer looked at her feet, swinging them back and forth.

Rose: Rose mirrored her movements, swinging her own feet too.

Greer: Greer wondered what to do now. She wasn't good at small talk, even when the person she was talking to spoke english. And she was out of suitable options for doing things.

Rose: Rose ran her fingers over her shirt a bit, examining where she was still wet. Maybe she should pop that shirt into the dryer? She debated it.

Greer: Greer kept her eyes on the floor, hearing and therefore guessing the movements of the girl beside her.

Rose: Rose kicked her friend's foot a bit, smiling.

Greer: Greer poked Rose's foot with her own in retaliation.

Rose: Rose poked Greer's side gently.

Greer: Grer squirmed a little - tickled. She prodded Rose's foot again.

Rose: Rose giggled and tickled Greer.

Greer: Greer giggled and squirmed some more, tickling back.

Rose: Rose squealed a bit and tickled more, squirming.

Greer: Greer tickled harder, laughing a little.

Rose: In her laughter, Rose felt her fingers touch something that wasn't ribs. She wasn't sure if she should pretend that hand't happened, or stop.

Greer: Greer opted for ignoring it, sure it was an accident.

Rose: Rose folded into Greer, unable to keep upright anymore.

Greer: Greer decided now was a good time to stop. She was totally distracted now. Why did laundry take so long?!

Rose: Rose stayed on Greer as she tried to regain composure.

Greer: Greer chewed her lip, resting a hand on Rose's back.

Rose: Rose was ok with that. She swung her feet again, as her laughing began to subside.

Greer: She gently stroked Rose's hair, wondering a little if that was inappropriate or not.

Rose: Rose closed her eyes a bit, still leaning on Greer. That felt wonderful!

Greer: Greer sighed a little, this was nice. At least Rose wasn't freaking out or anything. Well yet.

Rose: Rose reached up to run her fingers through Greer's hair too.

Greer: Greer bit her lip, that was nice... but not good.

Rose: Rose smiled at Greer.

Greer: Greer smiled nervously back.

Rose: The buzzer on the washing machine went off, causing Rose to jump.

Greer: Thank you! Greer hopped off the counter and went to take the things from the washer and put them in the dryer.

Rose: Rose watched Greer, noting again what she did.

Greer: Greer finished fiddling with settings on the dryer and went back to sit on the counter, a little further from Rose than she had been originally.

Rose: Rose tried to hide her yawn as she swung her feet.

Greer: Greer gave her a sympathetic look, "Sleepy?"

Rose: Rose made a motion like she was sleeping on her hands.

Greer: Greer glanced at the dryer then back at Rose, "Come on," she held out her hand.

Rose: Rose took the offered hand, hopping down to the floor.

Greer: Greer took her back upstairs to her room, found her something to sleep in then went to the door again, "You can sleep here if you want. I'll watch your clothes for you..."

Rose: Rose held onto the clothes and moved to follow Greer again.

Greer: Greer shook her head, "No no... Sleep," she laid her head on her palm, "there," she pointed at her bed. "It's okay."

Rose: Rose looked from the bed to Greer, then back again. She nodded, going to the bed this time.

Greer: Greer gave her a smile, "Sleep well honey, back later." she gave her a wave.

Rose: Rose smiled and waved back, then moved to get changed.

Greer: Greer stepped back out into the hall and sighed heavily. See? It was fine. Easy. Right. Back to the laundry room.... and then a cold shower.

Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Awww, that was cute! :D
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Jules took the pool cue as she dropper her coat onto the nearest bar-chair and walked over to the bar-table. She threw down a 50 dollar bill and smiled. "Who thinks they can beat Lightspeed!"

"At pool? I'm afraid I've never been much of a player." Jean-Paul considers the money though but shakes his head. Gambling was just nothing that ever set too comforting with him just because he imagined himself losing far too much.

Callie shook her head. "I do not gamble."

"Aw, c'mon!" Jules whined. She looked to Greer or Darren. "Someone? Someone daring?"

"Huh? Wha'?" Darren looked over from where he was trying to arrange renting Vitos ... it was hard trying to talk business with someone who kept on waving a machete at the slightest noise, ".. Naaah, Jay's the gambler, lady luck doesn't favour me so much."

"Is he always like this?" Jean-Paul nodded to Vito, watching him carefully. Sure, one had to be prepared for tentacle violators but...Jesus.

"I dunno, this is the first zombie invasion I've ever seen him in, it could be normal given the circumstances?"

Greer looked over at the pool table and frowned, "What do I win?"

"Fine..." She stuffed the fifty into her pocket and started racking the balls anyways. "Okay well, we're still playing..." She wondered how much Tequila she would need tonight.

"Nothing now, Greer, offer's off the table. It would've been the whole pot if you matched the bet. However, now you just win the glory."

"I don't want money..."

"Look ... a wedding ... WED-DING, with bridesmaids and best man speeches!" Darren tried to emphasis, "We want to hire the club for the VEN-UE!"

"I find it really uncomforting we're numbering zombie invasions. Does anyone else find that very uncomforting?"

Darren grinned at JP, "You just made the newbie face."

"We're numbering invasions? Since when? What number are we on?"

"I'd rather be new to zombie invasions. I don't want it to get old hat."

"Technically ... two."

"They're creepy!" Callie sipped her drink and looked around. Great. She'd come out to have fun, not worry.

"Two.... right... that's okay... better than like... five...."

"Very creepy." He had to agree, finishing his drink and pulling a face again.

Jules situated herself over to the bar before she lined up a shot. She looked at her watch knowing in just a few minutes her latest customer, the only one
stupid enough to be in town really, would be showing up for some of that sweet, sweet nectar.

"Vito!" She called. He almost hacked her head off when he jumped to face her. "GAH! I just want an appletini, man! Don't Machete Me Bro!"

"...I think he's cracked." Jean-Paul watched this Vito character carefully, arching an eyebrow as he wandered behind the bar, muttering about tentacles, the mafia, and shotguns.

Darren should probably give up ... he didn't seem to be getting through ... but damnit! He was not missing a chance on a possible 'crazed by the end of days' price reduction.

Vito pointed a fat finger at Darren. "Your wedding, no zombies, or you pay for damages."

"... I just pay for damages?"

Jules rose her fist in a fit of glory. "DAMAGES!"

"You're a good customer, you kids, you drink plenty and I ask no questions. Don't burn it down."

"Fire bad." Greer put in. "Totally with you there."

"Don't burn it all down?" She bargained.

"I don't burn. I grow!"

".... YEEEEESSSS!" Darren punched the air, free venue! "Can I have that in writing sir?"

Callie blinked. Perhaps water for the next two rounds.

"Fine, fine, get paper." They had better drink a lot though or Vito would not be pleased.

Darren flailed around for some paper and a pen, eventually he found both ... well ... a pen and a napkin.

Jules kept her mouth shut about napkins having never held up in court for legal contract, knowing perfectly well they could trust Vito... until she flipped a table over or something like that.

The door opened and caused Vito to grip his machete again and growl but only one of the scuzzier regulars made their way in, practically making a bee's line for Julie; definitely needing what she had.

Darren was waving the pen and napkin under Vito's nose, Selene was going to be so pleased with him!

Now they just needed to loot her a nice dress and find someone to perform the ceremony.

Julie smiled and flashed the boy a coy smile. "I'm gonna go to the ladies powder room, sir... would you like to accompany me to the door, I don't trust myself."

The customer's eyes darted from one side to another, acting considerably more squirrlier than he normally did for such drops...money was hard to come by in a deserted city, after all. "Um, yeah, sure."

Greer raised an eyebrow as she watched Julie and sipped her drink.

"So, when are you two going to do the wedding?" Jean-Paul asked Darren but he was watching the newcomer as well, not sure what his problem was.

Darren ignored the newb, to intent on getting his free venue, "Dunno, I mean, hopefully after the zombiegeddon since my family want to come up for the ceremony, but we need to find somewhere that'll marry us first ... lot of places aren't to keen on renting out to mutants see."

She led Captain Scuzzball over to the girls room door and pushed it open with her foot. She turned the light switch on and spun around to face him. "Okay, well first, I need some paper. Girls gotta wipe, y'know?" She put her hands out and made a motion for "paper".

"I...I don't have none."

"Y'know? Paper? I need paper to make this deposit." She loved screwing with people. This analogy was so twisted.

"Any kind of paper. Green paper? It's rectangular? It can have famous politicians on it? Preferably ones who discovered electricity?"

"I don't have anything...I can write a check but no banks'll cash anything, nobody's open an' FEMA sure as hell isn't cashing anything."

She looked to him with a raised eyebrow. "Hold on, I need to pee..." She shut the door in his face. Wow, this one takes the cake...

Jean-Paul nodded. "Yeah, I do remember that being a problem. Probably more down here than at home."

"Please, ya gotta help me. I've been your customer forever. You know I'm good for it, yeah?"

"Just kidnap a priest and tell him you'll eat him if he doesn't marry you, how hard can it be?"

"I don't know, threatening a man of the cloth with cannibalism seems awfully damning."

"... One, neither Selene and I are religious, and two, neither of us are keen on spending our honeymoon in seperate prisons for kidnapping."

"Well kidnap a justice of the peace instead and Selene can just mind wipe them afterwards. Dude, you're dating a telepath what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Forge a license and be done with it."

Julie sighed. She opened the door and looked him in the face. "Good for it? How's about you're good for being decked in the face if you think this business is the kind of mockery you are making it out to be." She said in a quick whisper. "You want the stuff? You need to give money."

"Forgive me for not wanting to start my married life with seedy mind-raping," Darren rolled his eyes ... though Callie's suggestion of a forgery might be leading onto something ...

Greer shrugged, "You're the one complaining about how hard it is..."

He tried worming his way inside the bathroom, wanting away from the crowd just in case. That one guy had a machete. "There ain't none to be had!"

"Then there ain't no stuff lunk head! Hey!" She tried to push back. "This is a ladies room!" The door couldn't be shut, he was already too far inside.

Callie looked up at the yelling. "Oh dear."

Greer frowned, putting down her drink, "You okay, Julie?"

"Um...should we do something?" Jean-Paul looked worried.

"Just give it to me!" He made a grab for her pockets, knowing something had to be there.

"Hey! Hey! No raping in my wedding venue, I'm sure that'd jinx my marriage," Darren called over.

Jules stumbled back as the door shut. "Oh, not again!" Julie grabbed him by his jacket and threw him, forehead first, into the airdryer. She then zipped over to him and grabbed him by his stringy, long hair and began punching his chin.

"Hey! Get your filthy hands off her!" Greer stood up.

"Julie! For God's sake!" She headed for the bathroom.

At the commotion Darren's head snapped around, "Hey! That was a joke, no real raping seriously! What the fuck's going on there?"

"I don't think we should be worrying about her exactly." Jean-Paul cringed as the door swung back and forth, showing a bit of the scene that was going on in there.

Jules reached her hands around his throat and began to strangle him. She felt the force, the power, of withholding life and precious breath. She began to bang the back of his head into the sink. "You fuck!"

Darren craned his head around, "... Jesus Christ! No murdering in me wedding venue either!"

Greer shapeshifted and pushed the bathroom door open, "Julie! LET GO!"

That would definitely cast a dark shadow over the celebrations.

Jean-Paul zipped in, trying to get a hold of Julie's hands as to not have a murder...especially as Vito was yelling now and the machete was waving very angrily.

Greer caught Julie around the waist and tried to pull her off the guy.

"NO!" She shouted, kicking at Tigra. "I'm not going to let these sickos think they can walk all over me!" She tried one of the martial arts chops she had been shown recently, right across his face, knocking him down to the floor, his head hitting the toilet on the way down. She picked him up again by his hair, his mumbling now becoming a plea, and tried to push his head into the water.

"Julie! You can't do this! It's fucking illegal!" She tightened her grip, careful with her claws, and pulled harder.

"It's beyond that, he can't even defend himself, it's just cruel!"

"Herraaaaaaahhh!" She didn't care about illegal. She let her rainbow power shielding flicker nice and bright and even used its force as she brought a punch down on the back of his head.

Greer let go of Julie at the bright light. That hurt!

"Oh fucking-" Darren was forced to try and hold the crazed Vito back from jumping over the bar and hacking away at the other students, "We'll pay for damages man! We'll pay! It's cool!"

Her skin began to almost absorb the light of the rainbow shielding, taking on the various shades of the color spectrum.

"Julie! I'm warning you!" The feral was pissed.

She looked to Tigra with malicious eyes, violet and shining. "Or what!?"

Tigra hissed at her, "Don't think I won't take you down!"

"Just hit her over the head with someone, fuck knows it won't damage anything important!" Darren called over.

She grabbed Captain Dickhead and tossed him back across the bathroom. "Mutants everywhere have it hard! I do the one thing that I can do that makes me a living, that I can always have as a job because no one can take it away from me for being what I am, and you think I'll let him take my money?"

"You can't just kill people, Julie!"

She pointed to the groaning body of ouch on the floor. "Get it in your fucking head! These people don't care about us! They want us for what we have and when they t hink we're not useful they become afraid of us and use us!"

Callie kept back. She couldn't do anything. Please just stop!"

She ran over and kicked him once more for good measure. "User!" she shouted.

"How the hell was this about being a mutant, you just brutalized him because he couldn't pay up." Jean-Paul, despite serious misgivings about this, now had a toilet seat to defend himself just in case.

"And this is helping how?! This is exactly what they're scared of, Julie!" She leapt over Julie and landed by the man on the floor, crouching over him protectively.

"Yes, because drug addicts are usually so thoughtful and polite," Darren muttered, getting Vito to settle back down by pouring him a large whiskey.

"They're scared that they don't know how to respect us for what we are!" She said pointedly. "Better."

Vito was very thankful for whiskey. It helped a lot.

"You don't get respect until you earn it Julie. This is not the way."

Jean-Paul tried to pull the victim for the evening away while they were talking, at least trying to get him out of the bathroom. He couldn't help but watch Julie carefully though. She was crazy if this was how she acted.

"No, Tigra you're mistaken. YOU earn respect, I demand it." She looked to the door and then to Vito. She pulled out a solid wad of 100's and dropped 5 down. Then she looked to Darren and frowned. She dropped the whole wad. "He's not with me, don't take it out on him." She said to Vito.

Tigra's eyes flashed and she pounced on Julie.

Vito roared and the machete waved again. "No more! You kill each other out of my bar!"

Darren quicky snatched the wad and shoved it into Vito's shirt pocket, "See? All better now ... and oh look, the two younge ladies are fighting now, with any luck the neko will claw blondie's clothes off and everything with be better, right?" he topped up Vito's whiskey, patted the man on the head before going over to help JP with dragging the druggie.

"...You have a good point." Vito was calm again, smiling at Darren and patting his shoulder.

Jules hit the floor and groaned. She turned to Tigra and then to JP and then to Vito. "Tigra... if you know what's best... you will stop now... before I have to kill you."

She was angry, she didn't know what she was saying. She knew she would never do it, but she needed a threat scary enough to get the human tiger off of her.

Tigra growled at her, "Don't threaten me, Julie. And don't think I can't hurt you. You can't talk to people like that."

"I don't suppose you're any good at first aide and beyond?" Jean-Paul asked as he looked up to Darren. His eyes soon fell back onto Julie though, just in case.

"Should I call the school for help?" She felt so utterly useless, so maybe a small help of offering to help would be useful.

"They're not people, they're sheep... and the X-Men want to be the fleas that rely on them for their own survival. I'd rather be a dog, and show the sheep who could actually be in charge." She used her hand to push Tigra up a little, just enough to use her ability to zip out of her grasp.

"Actually, I am," Darren smiled at Callie, "Don't worry, you can help plenty, see if Vito has some water and clean cloths and get the first aid kid from behind the bar for me?" he asked her.

She streaked over to the door and saluted the group. "Watch where you step from here on in, they'll be looking to get you." With that, she was gone, her streak blurring away.

Tigra sighed, sitting up and running a hand through her hair, debating the wisdom of following Julie to find out just what the hell was going on.

"Ok." Callie did as asked, and came back with the items, with a small smile.

Darren watched her go, "... That girl is fucking whacked."

"I'm worried about her...."

"Absolutely insane. Anyone who is going to attack people like this...this is bad."

"You think I should go after her? I can track her easy...."

"If she gets eaten by zombies it's Darwinism," Darren said, taking the kit off Caillie with a smile of thanks and starting to tend to the guy's injuries.

"I'm not worried about the zombies... I think she's in some kind of trouble.... she's not herself at all...."

"... And luckily she's all speed and no power, guy's a bit concussed but apart from that he's fine, it's mostly superficial damage here."

"Don't think it'd be a good idea to go after her now...maybe she'll calm down." Jean-Paul tried to sound confident on that but...yeah, this was insane. "You mean she's completely off her cabbage...Hey now, us runners have some power...oh dieu, I'm sharing a power with a rainbow coloured crazy."

"I just don't want her to do something stupid... well... stupider...."

"I'm not saying all zippers are puny, it's just she punches like ... well ... a girl."

"An absolutely batshit one."

"I feel like we should check on her..."

"With no regards for anyone else's matrimonial plans," Darren started bandaging, "Look Tiggy, you wanna go running after her into zombie land, by my guest, just don't expect us to come with you."

"Yeah, more worried about the brutalized man at the moment to be truthful."

"I'm worried about her...." she got to her feet, sighing at yet another pair of ruined shoes. "I'm gonna go look for her..." she picked up her coat.

"We've got things here, go on." Jean-Paul nodded, looking back at the man again. "So...who do we even call now for something like this?"

"The police?"

Tigra waved distractedly over her shoulder as she headed out the door, picking up Julie's scent and following it away down the street.

"There's no one left to call," Darren grunted, "we just gotta do the best we can, he should be okay though once the concussion passes."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Darren plucked another small, golden ring from the wreakage, "Aha! How about thi-" he squinted at it before tossing it to one side, "naaah, way to big for you babe," he grinned over at his intended.

Tigra sniffed at the items keeping her company on her latest rooftop perch. They'd been there for a while... probably most people didn't want to be up that high but she found it reassuring to be able to survey her surroundings all at the same time.

"You know, I'm certain there has to be something in my contract that states I shouldn't be stealing with students...I can trust you all to keep this a secret?" Lorna looked back at the others, smirking. "Just imagine if I got sacked. Who else would let you play with chainsaws in art class?"

"It's such a shame this place got hit so badly, isn't it?" Selene returned Darren's smile. "It would be irresponsible to leave all these shiny baubles to get lost in the dust and debris, don't you think?" She encountered an unbroken showcase, and promptly corrected the situation by accidentally dropping a heavy hat-stand into it. "Such a shame indeed."

"Haven't got to that part of the curriculum, Mrs Drake." Adam was clutching an odd bottle of clear fluid. "Was that before or after the ice sculptures with flamethrowers?"

Chainsaws in art class? Gambit has watch the pair for several minutes now, and that line had thrown him, somewhat. That woman was a teacher? Looting? Hardly professional conduct. He kept a charged playing card in hand, just in case, and continued to watch... for now.

"Oh I dunno, I was hoping to collect enough evidence to get you fired so I could steal your job, there can only be one! ... art teacher ..." Darren snickered to himself as he found another display case.

"Sounds like a mutually beneficial arrangement there," Selene replied, showing Lorna a smirk.

A pigeon landed on the far side of the roof. It hadn't seen her. Eeeeexcellent.

"I don't know, I'd let you cover portrait painting and the like. I'll give you Bob the Model's number...he always goes over so well."

Darren peered out of the window to check zomboid movements, "I don't wanna rush you people but there seem to be more of them generally meandering this way, and we've still gotta go find dresses and stuff," he picked up another ring and a jewlers eyepiece that he'd found behind the counter, screwed it into his eye for the effect and peered at it ... ooooooh.

Adam muttered to himself, blue eyes narrowed over his mask, black PVC coat replacing the one he'd burnt as he edged closer to the group. Wearing mostly blue and black, he looked like an extremely paranoid and skinny Twi'lek, the fake blue-black dreads near-glowing. "Mrs Drake, I swear I will do all your paperwork if we never have to see him again."

His arm was still in a sling as he nervously watched the zombies. "Did you know they can crush you? It really hurts. Lots. Also, Mrs Drake, I would totally help you hide the bodies too."

The pigeon took off in an attempt to flee as Tigra pounced. she caught it but missed the edge of the roof and plummeted to the ground, landing on a car. "Ow...." she still had her pigeon though. Score!

Lorna moved to peer out at the general shufflings of the hobo zombie parade. "Yeah, might want to get a move on at that. And Bob the Model is a passage into adulthood." She paused, looking back at Adam and smirking. "I'll keep the body hiding in mind...I think we might want to move, the zombos definitely would have heard that landing."

Adam eyetwitched. "Want I should burn them? I can totally burn them. Zombies burn good."

"It's harder to draw ugly people than beautiful, Bob's a pretty good model for learning life drawing," he held the ring out to Selene, "What do you think, regular and black diamonds? It's your size and probably costs the same amount as a small island."

"As much as these things sparkle and glitter, I think i still prefer more modest accessories," Selene mused, holding up a heavy necklace. "Roadkill jewelry and animals bones beat expensive kitsch any day, if you ask me."

In watching the newcomers, Remy'd totally forgotten about the potentially lifethreatening situation he'd found himself in. Still, seeing them rummage was amusing him: he'd already taken most of the decent stuff from this room. He couldn't help but smirk silently to himself.

She shook her head. "I'm not convinced people aren't still in there somewhere." She glanced back at everyone. "We haven't been doing too bad by them, have we?" She bit her lip, thinking it over. "Well, we have to defend ourselves, can't help that."

"Pleeeeeeaaase lemme burn them..." Adam sniffed, before narrowing his eyes. "Um. Lorna? We're not alone. I don't mean the zombos..." His eyes flared red. "...Yup, 'nother human in here." He paused. "...Want I should burn?"

Tigra extracted herself from the folded roof-crater she was lying in and sat up to chew on her catch while she kept her eyes and ears open for zombie movements.

Glancing at Darren and the ring he held out for her, Selene gave it a scrutinizing look and smirked. "Of course, I'm willing to make an exception for the one or other exception piece," she said. "If I end up not liking it, we can still exchange it for that island later."

Darren shrugged, "If they're trying to hurt me and my own, i'm taking 'em down before they take us down," he gave her a slightly appologetic smile, "sorry teach, guess that's just an army way of looking at things."

Damn... had he been spotted? How the... he was perfectly hidden! The unlit corridor at the back of the store was pitch as night... save for the glowing card he held inside his pocket. Maybe he was just being paranoid. He remained perfectly still..

"...Maybe I shouldn't tell you I've been keeping score...?"

"Oh? Awesome! We have a winner, but gotta do this properly," he got down on one knee and took Selene's hand, "So Sel ... haven't changed your mind have you?"

Selene peered out of the window, spotting Tigra climbing off a wrecked car outside. "I think the cat is about to drag something in."

"I'll just...pretend I didn't hear that bit." Lorna looked about, not sure what she was looking for but trusted Adam's senses. "Now now, we don't burn possible friends or anything. Wait until you decide they're worth burning."

Adam sniffed again, blood-red eyes narrowed as he looked around in the way that only the truly paranoid could. Damnit, he hated being watched and- "Ooooh! Shiny!" He suddenly bounded over the road, paranoia, person and zombies forgotten, gloved hand pressed against a window. "...Must have."

"..." Lorna gave up, shaking her head and just reaching over and patting Adam's shoulder. "Darren, do you know what he was talking about?"

Tigra licked her fur clean of blood and hopped off the car to wander inside to the others, "You guys not done yet?" she climbed up on a counter, curling her tail around her legs as she sat down.

"Sure do, adolesent human male, he was in here before we were, unarmed, guess he just had a similar idea to us," Darren called over, still kneeling.

"...Sure thing, teach." He said vaguely, before tapping the glass, red eyes fixed on the coat in the window. Oh man, and it was better than the one he'd wasted. He put his hand on the glass, blurred it in a circle and grinned happily as the entire window shattered. "Is mine now."

Turning her head, Selene found that she was getting proposed to in what had to be the most unfitting, inappropriate, and tasteless scenario imaginable. It was just like in her wildest dreams. "Oh, how could I, love," she replied, a grin on her lips as she looked down at Darren. She took his hand.

"Person. Is guy, watching, smells of burny...I think? I don't know." Adam petted the coat before nicking it. "Um. I could probably you know...pull him out, but I'm not completely recovered yet..."

Darren slipped the ring onto her finger, stood up, picked her up and swung her around him, okay, buisness taken care off now they could deal with their little voyer.

Oh she was definitely not being a good role model tonight...but Darren and Selene needed their things and it wasn't as if insurance wasn't going to cover this all when the store owners got back. "Hello?"

Adolescent? Human? Unarmed?! Whoever these guys were, they clearly had no idea what they were talking about. Still, the 'human' thing threw him. Did they mean he wasn't a zombie... or something else? One called out: remy didn't answer. Too many questions, not enough answers. He didn't want to walk straight into the unknown just yet.

Tigra sniffed at the scents in the air, "Think maybe he's scared."

"Not suprised with a half-naked catgirl running around, I'd be scare too," Darren said, still holding Selene off the ground.

"...Nope. I'd say wary."

"Zombies do that to a person." Lorna figured, "And the half-naked catgirl would depend fully on his taste in entertainment."

"... Well no one's asking you, Darren." Tigra narrowed her eyes on him.

Just as he said that, there was a sudden zip and a chunk knocked out of the wall. "Zombie!" He dove behind a counter, cowering.

Scared?! Remy LeBeau was never SCARED. That was enough. Pulling his hand from his pocket, the card glowing in the darkness of the corridor he stood in, he walked out towards the group, hair falling over his face to conceal his eyes. "Take more dan a zombie t' scare me, cherie." A sudden craack, a section of wall falling away grabbing Remy's attention. "Thinkin' we're on de same side for now, non?"

"Kill them! Hurt them!"

While Lorna took the commendable route of caution, Selene went for a more proactive approach, and while still holding on to Darren, reached over to the counter, picked up a small ceramic cherub statue, and chucked it into the direction of the stranger.

"Balls" Lorna was up in the air, breaking metal bits of the display case off for projectiles. "You know, I think that sounds reasonable. Good to meet you."

Reflexes as sharp as ever, Remy tossed the glowing card straight at the cherub, exploding it on impact. "Dis how y' treat people y' just met?"

"Argh! Zo- wait. You're not a zombie. Excellent!" A bottle of clear liquid was pushed into the stranger's hand along with a lighter. "Molotov, light and throw, light and throw!!"

"Ahhh! Sonuva-" Darren lept into the air with Selene, and the guy had emerged and ... he knew that accent, "Aww hell, another frikkin' cajun?" he grumbled, watching a tendril start to try and ram it's way through the wall.

"It's a sign of affection," Selene replied, letting go of Darren so she could land on her on two feet again.

"Fire BAD!" Tigra supplied at the sound of the word 'molotov'.

"Also, type A negative, we have plenty of that at the school, and fire not bad, fire saved me from being et!"

"Zombie slaying good!" Darren said, bringing both hands up and concentrating, sending out a pulse of yellow energy towards the tendril, there was an angry shriek from the other side of the wall.

He stares at the bottle with a smirk, tossing the lighter aside. "You guys do nothin' but talk? Dunno if y' realised, but..." The bottom glows, and Remy throws it. "...Dis kinda a dangerous place t' be right now!" the bottle sails throw the window, and explodes outside.

A tendril headed for Adam again. "Hey hey hey, we discussed this, I might be a little freaky but no freaky lovin' bitches!" The tentacle met a blurring blade. "Nice throw!" Another zombie was picked up, struggling. "Lorna, kill or disable?"

"Well...pays to be on your toes." Lorna cleared her throat, more than a tad sheepish as she let herself come back to the ground as she aimed her projectiles at the nearest tentacle. She watched as the bottle went out and apparently did it's explody thing. "Now that's quite nice."

Tigra headed outside, ducked a couple of tendrils and pulled a street light out of the ground to hit things with. Golfing with Zombies was totally getting sold as a game idea.

"Handy trick you've got there dude," Darren called over, "but in my professional opinion we should evac," he aimed another blast.

"If you can avoid killing by all means." She knew reason would dictate just letting him go on that but there was still a chance they were people somewhere in there...plus cutting Adam's tether loose just seemed like a bad idea. "Yes, I trust we've gotten everything we came for? No need to stick around."

"Y' always ask yo' girlfriend for orders?" Remy said with a smile to the... the guy who weirdly knew his bloodtype. He grabbed a piece of shattered glass from the ground, charged it, and threw again. Turning to the young woman who complimented him, he flicked his hair back from his face and smiled. "Wait 'til y' see my other tricks." Evac was suggested... and Remy couldn't help but think that running may be the best idea.

Darren tapped the pocket that he'd stashed the two golden wedding bands in, "We're good, boss."

"Yes, run away, run away before they hurt you." Adam nodded, before bouncing the zombie on its head a couple of times and dropping it. "Not my girlfriend, gorgeous, just my teacher. I'm gay." He grinned, pulling the mask down and holding his good gloved hand out. "Adam Kilduff. I'm not insane." He paused. "...At least, on paper I'm not insane."

Tigra was smacking zombies away with her makeshift bat, trying to best her own record of five blocks.

Gorgeous?? Well, Remy was never one to turn down a compliment, no matter where it came from. "Gambit. Sanity questionable, dey say," he replied with a grin, before gesturing to the corridor he'd hidden in. "Leads out back. Was clear out dere when I came in//"

Darren nodded, "Back sounds good, i'll cover you guys, you got point Lorna?"

Huh, so Adam had decided on that? Good for him. "They have a tendency to swarm shops once they realize there are people around but we should be kosher." She kicked off of the ground again, hovering to the lead. "Got it."

Adam grinned. "You're my new best friend. I'll tell Bit not to kill you in your sleep."

Selene pelted the approaching oozy zombies with various pieces of jewelry. "This place pretty much lost its charm," she said. "

"Yo Tiggy!" Darren called out the window, "we're evacing, out back!"

"Yeah I can hear you!" Tigra rolled her eyes, smacking another zombie away and picturing it as Darren's head.

She... flew? Ok, that explained why they hadn't been shocked by his powers then. There people were freaks like him! He was unsure about this guy being his best friend... but not being killed in his sleep was always a plus point. "Hope y' all got a car or somet'ing.."

Adam gave him a blank look. "I run faster than tube trains. Why the hell would I want a car?" With that, he grabbed the guy and started tugging him. "Come on, people, my wrist says zombies bad. I bet anything it'll start aching when zombies are near - or tentacles."

"So, you got a place you're living, Mr Gambit?...and do you count a van as good enough?" Speaking of which, it might be a good idea to all ready start that van up and get it down the street for them.

"... So you're good out there by yourself then, playing zombie ball?" Darren fired a few blasts into the horde to keep them back as he checked everyone else was heading out.

Discovering more of the frighteningly cheerful cherub statuettes, Selene decided to make the best possible use of the little naked buggers, channeled enough energy into them to animate a small flock, and sent them out to cover their retreat. "Fly, my lovelies!"

"Yeah, I can climb the walls if they get too close and I'm faster than they are on foot anyway. I'm good."

He allowed himself to be dragged away, picking up his pace as he realised just how close danger was. "Got an apartment I locked down a few blocks from here. Wasn't really 'spectin company though..." he replied, not entirely sure if he wanted to share his safehouse with others.

"... Okay then, have fun," Darren gave her a lazy salute and followed the others out back.

Tigra cheered as she cleared her record... sure it was on a bounce but who was gonna argue?

"...Thought teach said no killing...?" He muttered, totally ignoring his own love for burning zombies.

"Sooooo Tiggy's quite possibly nobley sacrificed herself so we could get away, what now?" Darren said, bolting the back door behind him for all the good it would do.

Selene slipped out the back of the store, quickly sending a telekinetic garbage can to topple a zombie in the distance before it could decide to head their way. "I'd be very welcome for a more comfortable place to take this party."

Tigra turned her ears to listen to the movements of the others, waiting til she thought they'd gotten far enough away.

"...That is the damnedest thing I've ever seen." Lorna practically forgot herself, hovering in place watching the cherub army. Oh, wait, yes. Zombies, best avoid. Lorna swore as one snapped a whiplike inky tentacle towards her leg. "Bad touch, don't approve." She gave it a quick slice and flew again.

"The question is..." He carried on up the hall. "The really important question is...will this coat go with my dreads?"

"...You people are crazy," Remy replied as he eyed them all with a degree of suspicion. However, there were some rather pretty faces in their number, and they -were- freaks like him... Maybe he could at least offer them his safehouse for now. Safety in numbers, right? "T'ree blocks away. Got my bike out de back. Where be dis van of yours?"

"Oui, we are. Well, I am. Can't vouch for them. I just like blowing shit up and I'm heavily medicated to stop me doing it."

Once they were far enough to be safe, Tigra jumped up and scaled the wall of the mall, taking the route over the roof. She jumped off and landed on the pavement just behind the group.

"We might be crazy," Selene replied, sending a dumpster into another zombie down the road, "but If the available options consist of tentacles zombies made of black goo and a bunch of crazy people, which would be the more sensible choice?"

"I don't know, a nice family outing to a zoo? Can we move faster please?"

"At least you don't say crazy like it's a bad thing," Darren grinned, pointing, "The van's that way, couple-a blocks away."

"Your dreads are pretty much whichever colour you want that day so I'll say you're good." She flew a bit faster, looking behind her. "Van is coming. So...you looking for a place maybe? We have a school...sort of an odd recruitment call but there you go."

"It's an epic school. It has lights and heating and everything!"

"...Y' got a good point, cherie," Gambit admitted, perhaps a little hesitantly. He broke off from the group as they got to the loading area out back, and beelined straight to his motorcycle, leant up against the wall. Swinging a leg over and kickstarting it, he tilted his head. "Can carry one o' you. De rest, y' have to run it."

Tigra followed along behind the group, not really listening to the conversation since her senses were busy scouting for trouble... and more pigeons. She was hungry.

"And is mostly zombie free, as well," Selene added.

The van rounded the corner, driverless as Lorna was pulling it along, bowling into one of their zombie friends and making a squealing stop near Tigra.

"Ten points Lorna!"

"...I wanna ride the bike! Can I ride the bike?"

Tigra blinked at the van sliding to a stop, "Man if that had been much closer I'd have no toes..."

"Long as y' keep y' hands somewhere sensible.." Remy replied with a raised eyebrow, head snapping around as a driverless van flung around into the loading area. "Geez! Dere anyt'ing y' can't do?!"

"Tap dance."

".... You know you need toes to do that, right?"

"Hey, no groping on a first date. And by the power of friendship...yeah, actually, there's a fuckton we can't do. End world hunger being one." He swung a leg over the bike, good arm tight around the guy. "I can fling anything out of our way. Go as fast as you like."

"I have ten perfectly fine toes thank you very much ... at least when I want them, doesn't mean I can tap dance ... or blow smoke rings."

"I can totally tapdance...I just move the metal in the shoes!" Lorna called back as she dove for the driver's seat. "You follow us to the school?"

She opened the door and climbed on into the van, "That's cheating - bad teacher!" Tigra laughed.

"Also, I suggest we try to not stray too far from our transportation the next time we scout the monster infested back-alleys," Selene announced, hopping into the van. "See? You forced me to be the sensible one of the group. Doesn't that tell us that we might be getting a little too reckless here?"

Oh God...Selene was right.

"Aww, but that's no fun then babe," Darren mock-pouted, sliding into the van beside her and putting his arm around her shoulders, "Guess we'll have to go dress shopping another day then huh?"

"I didn't even think there was a 'too reckless' for you, Sel... oh my God it really is the end of the world."

A little unsure how he felt about his choice of biking partner, he figured there were much more important things at hand here. "Reckless would be stayin' here any longer, cherie. Follow me, oui?" Remy said, a hint of desperation to his voice, as he kicked the bike into life, revving it loudly before taking off, hoping the others has the sense to follow.

A zombie slowy, sedately piroetted into the air in front of them, before getting slammed so hard into a wall the brick cracked. "...Hope they have insurance. And for the record, I'm no predator. It's just near my meds time."

"They didn't have my colour, anyway," Selene replied, resting her head on Darren's shoulder.

Lorna peeled out, tailing this Gambit fellow as closely as she dared in the dear old school van. "I'm convinced this thing is magic sometimes."

"Homme, don't be sayin' tings like dat when we on a motorbike, neh?" Remy said, wondering just what on earth was going through this unusual young mans head... and just what it was his ability was. He had no doubt in his mind he was amongst and entirely mutant group now. As he tackled the corner towards 'his' apartment sharply, he supposed that this wasn't such a bad thing, under the circumstances.

"Magic how?" Tigra raised an eyebrow, "Because driving itself doesn't count when you're doing it."

"But that one in the first wndow was already shredded, it would have looked awesome," Darren said, shrugging and kissing her temple.

"Hey, look. I could totally point out that I'm riding you shotgun here, but I'm not going to. You blow things up, that's cool, but it's not like I'm going to drag you down a backalley and rape you. There's only one person my roofies are for."

"Again, homme... too much.." He paused, another sharp corner. He hoped the van was keeping track of him. "..Information." They were closing in on his apartment, and as he slowed to a halt, he was careful to make sure the street they now found themselves on was deserted. Turning in his seat, he waited for the van.

"I meant more that it's managed to survive with us all these years considering what we put it through. It's a wonder the thing runs." She patted the dash. "That's it baby girl, you keep on purring."

"Hm, you're right," Selene replied, a thoughtful expression on her face. "We should definitely look out for torn dresses in the future. Blood splatters are a bonus."

"Yeah, I'm good at that. I don't have an inappropriate button." He admited happily. "Apparently it makes me fun to be around. That and the stabby."

"... I'm not gonna burst your bubble. Yeah it's magic."

"I'm pretty sure that the spirit of Professor Forge inhabits it and is what keeps it together," Selene remarked with a serious expression and nodded.

"Something belonging to Forge inhabited it at least," Darren muttered, deciding against just where he'd found the old perverts hidden camera in here.

"Have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to your wedding, Selene?" She pulled a face at the mention of the deceased Professor. "Well, he did have a fondness for such things."

"Y' definitely ain't borin', dat's for sure..." Remy replied with a grin, patting the young mans leg to indicate he should get off the bike. "Here dey come. Surprised dat old t'ing dey drivin' ain't broken down."

"And other things."

Lorna put on the break early as she saw Gambit and Adam stopped ahead. "There we are...doesn't seem to be anything inky and black around." She opened the door, poking her head out. "Not a bad area."

"I'm quite positive it's going to be quite memorable," Selene told Lorna. "Once I'm done calculating when the stars are right, you'll be the first to get the date for the reception."

Adam complied, going around the street in a blur to make sure there were no zombies before stopping next to the bike. "Well...there's a few of us who have abilities with mechanical things. The punk guy, Darren? He does this weird shit with electrical stuff. It's awesome. Just don't piss him off. Same with the green-haired chick, Lorna. Talk about magnetic personality."

Tigra poked her head out and scented the air, "We're good." She stepped out onto the street.

"Also, thanks, I'd hate to be boring." He pulled his mask down and grinned again.

"The stars are always right," Darren waved his fingers infront of his mouth in the classic cthulhu immitation, "when you have the DR."

"I had hoped we would be taking the scenic route," Selene commented, hopping out of the van.

"Secnic? In New York?" Darren climbed out after her, whistling when he saw the building they'd stopped infront of, "Well if you're gonna squat, might as well squat in style."

Slowly, he was getting their powers together. Shotgun guy, did lots of stuff. Catgirl was... well, a cat girl. Teacher lady could fly. Punk guy, electrics... Quite a rag tag bunch, really. "Follow me, amies. And close an' lock de doors behind y', oui?" he said, wheeling his bike up towards one of the apartments. He didn't stop, continuing to push it up the few stone steps, pushing the door open and wheeling the bike into the hallway.

"So you suggest we marry in the DR;" Selene asked Darren. "It's an intriguing idea. We could pick any setting we like, and I'm sure Danger wouldn't object to downloading an online certification so she can conduct the ceremony herself."

"Adam, boring? I'm pretty sure that has never happened in his life." She gave Tigra a nod at the all clear. "Good. Now we can meet each other properly." She nodded, following behind Gambit as he led the way.

"Don' scratch her as y' walk past," Remy said, his bike being about the only constant thing in his life. and began to walk up the stairs towards the top floor: the elevator had given out ages ago.

"Very scenic, thanks to me. Painting by yours truly. Zombos don't appreciate it though." He followed the new guy, giving the bike a curious and respectful look as he was careful in passing her. "...Don't usually see bikes this close. She's pretty."

"... So I could fulfill my life-long dream of gettng married in R'lyeh?" Darren's eyes pratically glowed with the possibilities.

Tigra followed the guy indoors, hopping up onto the handrail to walk up that way instead of on the steps.

"...Mrs Draaaaake can I have a biiiiike?"

"If the state of New York will let you have a license for it I suppose I can't stop you." Lorna answered back, wondering just how that would turn out and imagining Adam driving into the recroom.

Selene paused before heading up along with the others, tapping a finger against a nearby streetlamp, imbuing it with enough power it could keep a watchful eye on their surroundings. She then followed the others.

"I can totally pretend I'm sane enough to be allowed to ride one."

"Dude ... I'm pretty sure in New York you have to fail the sanity test to pass the driving one, you've seen the cabbies right?"

"Good point."

Adam gave Darren and Lorna a purely innocent blank look.

Tigra decided to stay out of it. Voicing her concern about the idea of Adam behind the controls of any vehicle would probably result in her being pursued by said vehicle.

That look simply wasn't to be trusted. "So, how long have you been here?" She asked their host, having a quick look around.

"I'll have you know I have the perfect balance of an NY cabbie and an Irish grandma when it comes to driving anything."

"Cozy," Selene commented upon looking around.

"... That's a terrifying idea, even for me, and there's no way I can be hurt by being run over," Darren muttered before sprawling across a chair.

"Only 'bout a week," Remy replied, having left them to their banter as they finally reached the second to top floor. He pushed a door, unlocked, open into one of the apartments. "Ain't got no key, so barricade it wit' dat dresser once y' all in, 'kay?" he instructed, leaving them to let themselves in as he quickly checked the rest of the place. All clear, it seemed. For a city in ruins, Remy had gone out of his way to not only keep this apartment safe, but comfortable. Sure the windows were boarded shut, but the fridge was stocked, and there were plenty of books and *ahem* magazines laying around to keep him amused during his captivity within the NYC limits.

"This brings back fond memories of my stay in the windy city," Selene remarked, stepping into the room. "I like what you made out of the place."

Adam went and stood nervously in the corner, wrinkling his nose a little and eyeing up a mag. "I prefer my nest. My nest has a fort and a rabbit."

Tigra resisted the urge to sniff at everything. A guy living on his own for a week and not going out for fear of zombies... yeah. She could already guess that. She moved to look out of a window instead.

"It's a pretty sweet pad," Darren said, a weathered eye going over the magazines and approving of the guy's tastes.

"Does de job," Remy grinned in response, looking over the group. Generally, they all seemed around a similar age to himself, perhaps give or take a few years. It was strange, to be around a group of people just like himself, with their oddities and powers. "Take it y' ain't all from New York den?" he asked.

"No shit, Sherlock. Ireland, bred and true." Adam grinned happily.

Tigra shook her head, "No - Chicago." She tucked her tail around her legs as she sat down by the window.

"Barracks brat here," Darren gave the guy a salute, "i'm from all over."

"De accent gave it away, homme," he said with a smile to his shotgun buddy, eyes then moving to the cat girl. Chicago, huh? He hadn't been there in a while. He wondered just how well Chicago had taken to having a were-cat living in their midst...

"From everywhere and nowhere," Selene replied, a slight smile on her lips as she looked towards the guy. "Originally from Spain, however, in case you're interested."

army kid gave his salute, Remy playfully mocking it back. The woman (a pretty one at that) from everywhere, and Spain. He could see it in her eyes. "Always interested in de pretty ones like you, cherie," he replied with a wink.

Darren smirked at the flirting, "Yeah, she is pretty interesting," he said smoothly, wondering what Selene would do to this one.

"Well, you're certainly not the only one who has made his interest in me known," Selene replied, her smile turning into a wry smirk. "Just keep in mind that curiosity often leads down a perilous path. I guess there are some things man is not supposed to know. Incidentally, I keep most of them in my closet."

Darren snorted and grinned knowingly to himself.

"She's not even kidding a little bit."

"She has meds too." Adam supplied helpfully.

"Perilous paths? Dey tend t' be my favourite kind," Remy replied, a small grin, and a quick look at the other two as they jumped in. "Am I standin' in a room full of mutant asylum break-outs of somet'ing?"

"Nope. I'm the only actual insane one. She's just nuts."

"That's debatable... I'd have said yes...."

"Yes well, you would."

"Including yourself in that number too, I take it?"

"I'm not crazy... but my mom thinks I am."

Darren pulled a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket, offering them around, "Don't mind if I, do you dude?"

Selene grinned at the new guy, before looking at the others. "I like him already," she said. "He's amusing. Can we keep him?"

"Only if he follows us home. I kinda like him too."

There was a blur, and Darren's packet was down by one.

"Riiiight..." he replied, looking a little suspicious of them. Just what had he gotten himself into?! Armybrat pulled out a carton of cigs, Remy shrugging. "So long as y' don't mind sharin'?" he replied, holding his hand out expectantly.

"Hey, hey, no plannin' on takin' me home. Dunno if y' moms ever told ya, but I AIN'T de kinda guy y' wanna bring home. Not f' more dan a single night, anyways." he said with a small chuckle.

"Was why I was offering 'em dude," he smiled, taking one out and holding it to the tip of his index finger, it grew yellow hot for a second as he lit the cigarette before passing it over to him, "Name's Kent by the way, Darren Kent," he lit his own smoke and brought it to his lips, glancing at Adam.

"Didn't know you smoked, dude?"

"I can get along with that kind of guy." Tigra grinned fangily.

"Y' know-" Adam paused long enough to light his fag. "-We are gonna have to get back to the school eventually. And dude, most of us ain't got moms. I don't." He took a small drag. "I don't, not often, smell and taste's too much, but I did nearly get eaten yesterday." He waved his splinted wrist.

"Think the last time I smoked was Kevin. Oh wait - nope - JP."

"Merci," Remy replied, taking the lit cirgarette and enjoy a long, deep drag on it, smiling inwardly at catgirls comment. He made no effort to offer his own name back. They mentioned their school again, Remy tilting his head curiously. "What school is dis?"

"Xavier's school for freaks and weirdos." Adam grinned. "Like us."

"Xaiver's University, it's for gifted people," Darren grinned, a bit of smoke escaping the side of his mouth.

"My name is Selene, by the way." she tossed in.

Xavier? Never heard of him. But then, Remy wasn't really one to keep up with news. Another introduction, this time from the Senorita. Remy walked over to her, reaching out to take her hand, a light kiss placed upon it. "Pleasure, cherie."

"We take in pretty much everyone with the whole mutie thing. It's a good place - and completely protected from zombies."

Charming bastard, wasn't he? He'd have to watch this one ... not that he didn't trust Selene but .... yeah.

"I'm Greer... or well... I prefer 'Tigra' in this form - I shapeshift."

He gave a brief wink to Selene, then turned to the catgirl, quite intrigued. "De fluff ain't permenant, den?" he asked, having already wondered that. Having a minor one of his own, physical mutations were always quite interesting to Remy.

"See? Apparently it takes a guy living in a dump to show you lot what proper manners mean." Selene smirked as she looked from the new guy to the rest of the group.

Adam took another drag. "Nope. She can look completely normal." He lifted a fake dread to show a pointed ear before grinning at Selene. "Aw, I'm always polite. You gave me drugs."

"I have manners! I even make my own sandwhiches!" Darren protested.

*sandwiches

"Yeah I can look human if I want... it's just warmer and safer when I'm furry...." she concentrated for a moment and shifted back to her fleshy self, "See?"

"Manners, homme, means y' should be makin' HER de sandwich, not y'self," Remy said with a smirk, before his attention was quickly taken back by catgirl... Tigra... as she transformed. "Dat... dat's... Wow. Pretty good trick..." he said, somewhat.. transfixed for a few moments.

"Professor Charles Xavier owns the school, we're just a bit away in Westchester." Lorna rejoined the group after watching the window for any signs of trouble. "And I'm Lorna, Professor Dane-Drake though I'm pretty sure most everyone drops the Dane by now. Figured I should introduce myself properly as well."

"She lets me use a chainsaw."

He tore his eyes from Tigra to Lorna, eyebrows raised. "Double-barrelled, eh? Guessin' y' got a nice man waitin' fo' y' at home while y' go lootin' den?" he asked, not wanting to know if Adam was being serious or not..

"You double-barreled your name, I thought you just took Bobby's?"

"Most of us drop the Drake, as well, and only call her Lorna," Selene tossed in, before looking at the green haired teacher. "Sorry, I didn't mean to subvert your authority."

"Only on trees though. And occasionally birds..."

"Bobby thought it'd be funny if I could say my name was Lorna double D...it was in a fit of immaturity. It's what happens after getting married by aging Elvis."

"It's okay, cutlery is mine. That's all the authority I need."

"...Though there was that one time...I stopped the bleeding and he got it reattached though..."

Greer shivered a little then shifted back into her fur. Warmer now.

"Fear the spork," Selene said ominously.

"Seriously, fear it."

"But not as much as the barbeque fork."

"But anyway. Yeah, that's what the school's about. Safe, warm, full of nommy things and people to poke."

Yep, freak school, by every meaning of the word. Tigra changed back (a shame..) and Remy looked around them all, pointing in turn "Lorna, Selene, Gr- Tigra, Darren an' Adam, oui?"

"Oui!"

Tigra nodded, "Yep." she gave him a smile.

"Got it in one," Darren smirked.

He'd try to remember that, as he was generally good with names. Another relaxing drag on the cigarette (he'd have to find some of his own tomorrow, as he'd forgotten how much he enjoyed it) as he finally felt at ease enough to sit on the couch. "So, how long y' plannin' on stayin'?"

"I dunno, how long till you throw us out man?" Darren took a long pull.

"Until there's no more tentacle rape."

"Keep de smokes comin', and I'll consider it y' rent," he replied coyly, avoiding giving a exact time limit on just how long he'd put up with them.

Lorna looked to the others. "Well, tentacles are a worry." She admitted.

That made Darren laugh.

"I think we're still good...." Tigra put in, "You can kick us out if you want."

"No he can't. I rode shotgun, you can't just reject that kind of thing."

"It's a life bond you have now, hmm?"

"...Wait, was that inappropriate?"

Remy shrugged, taking a final pull on the cig until it was all but down to the filter, before putting it out on the boarded window beside him. He smirked at Adam's comment, rolling his red-on-black eyes a little. "Gonna be gettin' dark out dere soon. Y' might as well wait til mornin', neh?"

"Highly," Darren flicked some ash of his cigarette.

Adam sidled to a boarded up window, peering out through a crack. "...Yeah. I've been chased by them in the dark." He sobered a little. "It's not pleasent."

"Until then I'll be tempted to try and talk up the school, just because I'm on the school staff and feel like I should since we can't really get out too often to bring in new students in the current situation...though I guess the jet would get by things easily enough...huh." Lorna found herself distracted, thinking that through. "Well, this way we don't have to worry about FEMA or the CDC alerting anyone to a mystery jet."

"I can see fine enough in the dark... but I guess some of you are at a disadvantage..."

"'Nough room f' everyone, I t'ink," Remy said, gesturing around the room. Two armchairs, the couch he sat on, the floor, and... "Only one bedroom. Double. Someone's welcome t' join me if y' want," he offered, a sideways glance to Selene.

"Yeah. You know they'll totally claim Blackwatch, right?" Adam rubbed the back of his head, taking another drag. "Not me, pussycat, I'm fine in the dark. I just object to wasting good molotovs on zombies."

"...I'd love to, man, really would, but like I said - my roofies are in another glass."

Lorna wished she was completely certain Adam was joking about that. She couldn't help but have some small doubts, however.

"I don't think the military's quite desperate enough to unleash the force of a thousand suns upon New York, Adam," he raised an eyebrow at Selene, she was going to have fun with that one.

"I agree that the jet might be a bit too obvious in this situation," Selene remarked. "We might as well take him up on the offer. After all, we're even provided with entertainment." Sitting down on the mattress, she picked up one of the stray magazines.

Tigra watched the tip of her own tail flick back and forth. She was still hungry.

"Not sure they're to y' taste, cherie," Remy said as Selene picked up a mag. What?! He was a guy, and he'd been stuck by himself for almost two weeks. Could you blame him for wanting SOMETHING worth coming home to?

"And I'm quite sure my fiance would love to take you up on the offer with the bed and all," Selene added, smirking over the edge of the magazine. "As an army brat, he's used to the whole sharing bunks business, I guess."

"I don't think anyone can judge Selene's tastes." Lorna smirked very slightly, trying to hide the amusement and automatic curiosity as to what Selene would say.

Adam glanced sideways at the guy, unnatural blue eyes narrowed slightly, noting he didn't even know his name yet. "Hey...you know, I can't just call you 'man' all the time. You got some name we can call you by? Or I'm going to end up making one up for you, and it might just be as unsound as my reputation."

"...Either that or I'll make JP jealous by calling you bitch."

"Oh believe me, they are," Darren gave Gambit a leering wink, "and yes, I'm sure all three of us could squeeze in, might be a bit of a tight fit though," Darren waggled his eyebrows form emphasis and grinned evilly.

Oh yeah, names were important to know... she needed to write that down. She always forgot to ask.

"...I now know too much." She said mostly to herself, trying not to picture any of this.

Fiance? His eyes moved from Senorita to Army Brat, smile falling slightly. He hadn't been expecting that. "Non, I'm good, t'anks," he replied, perhaps a little awkwardly. He was desperate right now, perhaps... but not to that extent. Finally, they got around to asking names...

"Y' can call me Gambit," he replied, sticking to his rule of keeping his name hidden. You never knew who'd recognise it, after all.

"We can certainly stick with that."

Awww ... the little crestfallen look was quite sweet ... "Yeah, we're used to people using fake names."

"I'm sure we can find you some single ladies to use your charm on, don't you worry."

"Nice to meet you, Gambit," she smiled, totally not minding the non-name-ness of it. She understood that. "... Um... do you have anything I can put on over this....?" she gestured at her underwear, "If we're gonna be here a while... I don't wanna get loose fur on the furniture...."

"Yup. I use Toxic. It's actually a stage name." Adam said happily. "You know what 'Gambit' means, right?"

"Introduce him to Cess when we get back? Or rather Ms. Kincaid?" Darren suggested, not without pity towards the other man.

"Y' t'ink I'd've chosen it if I didn't know, homme?" he replied with a cheeky smile at Adam. He disappeared for a moment into the bedroom, returning moments later with a mens oversized shirt, tossing it to Tigra. "Should do y' for de night."

"Or JP's roomie, if he swings that way."

"And really? What does it mean then?" Adam smirked.

"Thanks...." she smiled again and put the shirt on, shifting back out of her fur and drawing her knees up to her chest. Now she could sit how she liked without her tail spoiling it.

"Takin' a risk, homme. Puttin' y'self in danger t' try and get de one up on de other side. Story o' Gambit's life."

"You sir, just won my admiration and respect. I like you." Adam grinned, pointing with his cigarette before taking another drag.

"Well, Mr. Gambit, welcome to the area, sorry it's in shambles."

"Seconded," Greer said with a small grin.

Darren grinned, stubbing out his cigarette, "I get the feeling you're gonna fit riiiiiiight in."

Lorna offered her hand to shake. "And even if you decide to not join us at Xavier's we'll be here if you need any help...though I'll still probably keep asking if you're going to join us."

"No need for de Mister part, cherie. Jus' Gambit is fine," he replied, not one for formalities. A weird bunch... but not an entirely terrible one. He almost found himself quite liking their company. As for fitting in.. Remy rarely fit in anywhere.

He took up Lorna's hand, twisting not to shake it, but to kiss it instead. Handshakes with women just never felt right for him. "Wasn't aware I was invited," he commented.

"Oh, you're definitely welcome." Lorna nodded to him. She smirked at the kiss though.

"Suggest we turn in for de night, den," he said, slightly reluctantly turning towards Darren before adding "De happily engaged can take de bedroom. Gambit ain't feelin' sleep just yet. Gonna keep watch."

"Now that's what I call hospitality," Selene remarked, smirking first at Gambit, then at Darren. "Shall we?" She held out her hand while putting down the magazine.

Darren took the hand and winked at the group, "We'll try not to keep you guys up."

"I'm suddenly glad I'm not kitty-fied anymore...."

"...I don't sleep. Not much, and not in a strange place. I'll help keep watch - I can feel 'em coming a mile away anyway." His eyes suddenly flared a solid blood red, leaving little trails. "And smell 'em. Darren, I swear to god, I smell anything suspicious and I will taser." His eye twitched slightly.

"Suddenly glad I'm keepin' watch, petite.." Gambit sighed to Tigra with a roll of his eyes. "Kitchen, homme. Still got de window uncovered a bit dere. Good view. E'vryone else, take a chair, an' get some sleep."

"Is there food in the kitchen?" She asked hopefully.

"Sure thing, Gaaaaambit." Adam gave him a lazy salute. "I'll watch your back passage good." He grinned, then sidled into the kitchen, trailing cigarette smoke.

"Enough. Help y'self," he replied simply. No point in holding out on them, as he could always find more if he needed it. To Adam, he made no comment.

"Thanks!" She hopped up, looking down at the hem of the shirt.... it was low enough, and headed into the kitchen to forage.

Lorna claimed a seat, stretching out as best as she could and half closed her eyes. "Serious about the offer, has to be difficult being what we are on your own, especially now."

Remy leaned against the wall closest to the window, peering out through the slats in the wood he'd nailed there. "...Will t'ink about it. T' be honest wit' ya, cherie, I don't tend t' stick around anywhere too long.."

"Yeah, we've got those types as well." Lorna sounded half-amused, not able to stop the thought about their various travellers who never quite manage to leave.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Svartfreja »

Lorna: Lorna pulled the van up to the front steps of the school. "We've got a garage for your bike if you like. It's pretty safe in there...people have been known to hotwire cars or use trucks for more personal activity but generally it's no harm no foul."

Gambit: Following the van, Gambit couldn't help but give a low whistle (unheard over the sound of his engine) as they pulled up to this "Xavier's" place. Stopping beside the van, he gave an appreciative nod. "You guys know how t' live, I'll give y' dat."

Tigra: "Best part is it's all free." Tigra climbed out of the van and shook herself off. Riding around in the back of it always rubbed her fur up the wrong way.

Darren: "Yep, though trust me, the know if you start trying to sell the laptops and shit man," Darren said, climbing out and helping Selene down.

Jay: Jay had been enjoying a quiet smoke when he'd spotted the van and - ooooh. That looked like a new person. Cigarette in mouth, he pushed himself off, circling over the group. "Hey hey amis, y'all bought dinner back? Ah'm starvin' an' dere ain' no spicy chicken left." He landed, tucking the wings behind him and eyeing the new guy curiously. "Bonjou. Dey drug ya?"

Tigra: "Can't promise you chicken but I can catch you something that resembles a bird if you want?" Tigra offered, stretching a little.

Darren: "Been driven to canabalism already, bro?" Darren waved at the flying man.

Gambit: Free? How the hell did they manage that? This place must've cost a fortune to run. Climbing off his bike, though still leaning on the handlebars, his devil-eyes cast over the building. Another game over, and his voice... Remy'd recognise it anywhere. "Non, l'homme. Vous êtes du Bayou?"

Lorna: "Well, Xavier's pretty well loaded so that's how." Lorna admitted with a laugh, ing up the steps. "Jay, there we go, now we're having a Cajun reunion."

Jay: "Hey garcon." Jay grinned easily. "Always. Don' make me tell y'all what Ah do t' turkey." He turned to the new guy, eyes wide. "Wé, ami! Et tu? Je suis-" He grinned sheepishly at Lorna. "Ah, shaddap. Ah'm a long way from home, remember."

Darren: "Nothing's stoppin' ya from going back there, cockatiel," Darren teased, waving to Selene as she headed back inside ... that ring looked damn good on her finger.

Tigra: "Except the horrible zappy invisible wall around the city..."

Gambit: Gambit chuckled. "Sorry, cherie. We keep de home language down for now, non?" he said to Lorna, smiling, before turning back to the newcomer with interest. try as he might, he was quite unable to stop himself looking over his unusual body. "Happy t' be hearin' a decent accent again, I tell y'."

Lorna: "Reno's farther but I've not felt the need to don any of your feathers for a showgirl costume...yet anyway. Maybe I should borrow something for anniversary time or Bobby's birthday." Lorna had a good laugh. "yeah, watch the wall thinger...that's just not kosher though I guess we can jet it well enough."

Jay: "Ah know - it's bin too long. An' you an' Bobby have too many of my moltin's, ami, no more." He laughed. "An' oui...name's Joshua, by d' way, but mos' round here call me Jay." He held out a hand to the new guy.

Gambit: "Re- Gambit," he corrected himself swiftly, the familiarity of a Cajun accent making him feel more comfortable than he should. He shook Jay's hand firmly, liking this place a little more with another Cajun in residence.

Lorna: "Now, that's some nice bonding all ready." Lorna skipped a few of the steps and caught the door. "Shall we begin the grand tour?"

Gambit: "Oui, cherie. Okie t' leave de bike here f' now?" he asked, not wanting to take it to the garage just yet. He was much too eager to see inside the house... and see if all the women at Xavier's were as attractive as those he'd already met.

Darren: Darren shot the boy a sidelong glance, "Maybe we should start with Cess' office?"

Jay: "Non - she's busy an' uh...y'll never get him out." Jay grinned knowingly. "Break d' boy in gently."

Gambit: "Trust me, de last thing Gambit needs is breakin' in gently," he said, though not quite intending it to come out sounding as it did. Ah well, there was no taking it back now.

Tigra: "... Let's just get inside..."

Darren: Darren let out a quiet snort of laughter.

Lorna: "I think I should either be paid more or fired for the things I know and hear." Lorna hurried in at that.

Jay: "Oh oui?" Jay raised an eyebrow at that. "Ah'm gonna hafta see dat for myself some day. F' now, let's get inside - it's fuckin' cold an' Ah want coffee." He paused. "Ah got chicory, if y'all fancy...?"

Tigra: "I'm gonna go... put some pants and a shirt on..." she headed for the stairs.

Gambit: Silently cursing his choice of language, Remy followed the group in, keeping close to his fellow Cajun. Stepping inside, it was clear that this place was loaded. You could tell just from the panelling on the walls, the finish to the ceiling. Way above Remy's standards/

Lorna: "Yeah, can understand that...still no big fan of winter." Lorna groused, shaking the show off of her shoes. "So, what do you think so far?"

Jay: "Oh, Lorna? Dat music essay? It's gonna be late, ami - Ah messed up an' did d' wrong thing on it an' had t' restart. My fault f' tryna do it at butt a.m. in d' mornin'." Jay smiled sheepishly, hand going through his red hair. "Feel free t' dock my grade accordingly."

Gambit: "Thinkin' it's a good t'ing Gambit's here as a guest, otherwise he'd be breakin' in here t'night.."

Lorna: "Hey, not a problem. I'm not grading anything until break's over so you've got time." Lorna brushed the essay worries aside. "And definitely good to come in this way as that way."

Jay: Jay shot him a grin. "Good luck gettin' t'rough dem security gates an' shit, ami, Darren an' Selene monitor every inch of dis place twenty-four seven. Den dere's d' fact most of dis school don' take kindly t' havin' shit stolen..." He winked. "Still, if y'all here to stay, it's a sweet deal, trus' me."

Lorna: "We've had...problems with break-ins before. Maybe you can help out sometime by testing our security and so forth?"

Gambit: "Never said I was here t' stay," Gambit pointed out, not wanting any of them to think he'd committed to anything as he wandered along, still taking it all in and mentally tallying the worth of the place. "And ain't met a system yet I can't get t'rough."

Jay: "Ain't met d' guy yet dat can beat Darren, ami." Jay chuckled, shaking his head. "But y'all wanna try, be my guest, homme - jus' watch out for dem pidgeons, awright?" He clapped Gambit on the shoulder. "Eh, whether y're stayin' as a guest or stayin' for a while, y'll be welcome here, s' long as you don' push your luck."

Lorna: "Well, we'll have to test you on that." Lorna smiled and turned to attempt to give a tour. "Right, down that away is the most important room, kitchen."

Gambit: Remy cast a glance over at Darren, wondering just what it was that made this guy so formidable. Electrics, hadn't they said? As if electrics could stop a son of Jean-Luc LeBeau. Still, he'd keep that to himself for now, making his way into the kitchen. "What's de policy on drinkin'?" he asked curiously.

Darren: "... Sorry I zoned out there a sec," darren shook his head, "What're we talking about again?"

Jay: "Hard an' often, ami. Hard an' often."

Jay: "...D' drinkin', dat is."

Darren: "Oh, yeah, just don't raid the teacher's kitchen for booze, they get angry and wrathful if you do ... detention's the easiest you could get off."

Tigra: Greer slid back down the handrail to get down the stairs, glad in her usual lack of clothing - a halter top and hotpants. But she'd acquired shoes and done away with the fur. "You guys didn't get far..."

Darren: "We started talking booze."

Jay: "Eh, Ah have a store of La Fee Vert if y'all are in d' mood. Mates from N' Orleans send it up."

Gambit: "Dat's what I like t' hear," Remy replied, grinning approvingly. Tigra reappeared, Gambit unable to help himself but give her an appreciating once-over. She looked good in skin. "Thinkin' Gambit might need a welcome party, non?"

Tigra: "Oooh party! Let's do that, I like a good excuse to try and get drunk!"

Darren: Darren noticed the look, "Just make sure she doesn't give you fleas dude," he winked.

Jay: "Thinkin' so, eh?" Jay's accent was noticably thicker around the other Cajun, and he grinned, arm going around Gambit's shoulder. "Absinthe, vodka, whiskey, anythin' y'all want, oui?"

Tigra: "I don't have fleas you jerk!" She smacked him.

Gambit: Unfortunately, Gambit had no idea just how serious Jay may have been... but regardless, he'd keep it in mind. That didn't stop him being able to look, though. Jay's arms thrown around his shoulders now, Remy couldn't help but feel at ease around this guy. "Pick me up at 6, homme."

Darren: The smack did nothing except cause a slight, but very strange ripple across his body, like she was stapping something semi-liquid, "Oh, so you remembered to front-line yourself? I'm pretty sure i've got a cat-treat somewhere for a good girl," he poked his tounge out at her.

Darren: .... Should he warn the new kid about Jay and what he probably had intended .... naaaaaaaah, this could be hilarious.

Tigra: "You're an asshole. I'm going to the kitchen." She stalked off down the hall.

Jay: "Oh Ah will, ami. Y' better dress t' kill." He grinned. "T'ink Ah got a nice pot of gumbo too if y'all feel d' need f' some real spice."

Darren: "You say that like it's a shock to you," Darren called after her, smirking a little at the other two guys, "Yeah, I know ... but she rises to it every damn time, y'know?"

Gambit: "Better dan de stuff Gambit's been eatin' lately. If we're doin' dinner, y' better pick me up earlier," Gambit said with a laugh. A cajun, who drank, and knew good food? What could be better?! He watched Tigra stalk off a little discouraged: she was nice eyecandy to keep around.

Darren: .... Oh lord, this was going to be perfect, he was totally setting up a pigeon-cam and getting some popcorn in for this!

Jay: "Four about right den, homme? Ah can have y'all fed an' wasted come eight, or my name ain't Joshua Jameson."

Gambit: Completely oblivious as to just what he was getting himself into, Remy replied "T'ink I'm dat easy t' get wasted? Hope y' got plenty a bottles in stock, mon ami!" He laughed, turning to Darren. "Y' gonna be joining in, oui?"

Jay: "He can join, but he cain't get drunk - plus Ah'm a bad influence on him." He winked at Darren. "Might get all over-excited, ain't dat right, garcon?"

Darren: "... Oh I wouldn't miss this for the world," Darren said, "we need to get the pratice in before my bachelor party anyway, right?" He nudged Jay.

Jay: "Hell yeah! An' trust me, Gambit - dis is homebrew moonshine. Y'all ain't gonna know y're feet from y' armpit by d' time Ah'm done with ya."

Gambit: Gambit had had his share of unusual drinking buddies in the past, but he could safely say that Jay would no doubt be the oddest, in appearance alone! Lorna had left the boys to it, Gambit slightly lamenting the lack of female company, though the Cajun company made up for it. "Comin' here? Best decision Gambit's made all year."

Darren: Darren grinned widly, "It's a pretty sweet deal here, even better when there's ... y'know, no end of days going on outside."

Gambit: "De world, she has a way of sortin' herself out," Remy said, feigning wiseness. In reality, the situation seemed rather dire... but one had to be optimistic, right?

Darren: "Right ..." Darren gave shifty looks either side, "now that we've dumped the women for the moment, It's time to show you the good shit, to ... y'know, keep you ticking over till everything goes back to normal."

Jay: "Yeah - 'specially wit' Gede on d' case, eh?" Jay shot Darren a look, and then a grin. "...Y'all mean...?"

Gambit: Gambit raised an eyebrow inquisitively. Jay seemed to have a clue what was happening, but Gambit was in the dark,

Darren: "It's time to show you the wonders of technology, seriously, they are wonders," he jerked his head towards one of the doors.

Gambit: Gambit released the breath he didn't realise he'd been holding. Technology? Really? Great. He was about to be shown some amazing machine that he didn't really care about, or a state-of-the-art whatever.

Darren: Though poor Gambit didn't have a choice, Jay and Darren were steering him towards the lift anyways.

Tigra: Greer wandered back out into the hall with a mostly raw steak and a bottle of water. "You know there's more of the house than the hallway right?"

Darren: "We're skipping to the good bit," Darren called over his shoulder.

Tigra: "Ooooh good bits!"

Gambit: Following politely, though hoping he wasn't about to be shown some super amazing security system, or the biggest, fastest calculator in the world, he tried to keep optimistic. Maybe whatever this was would be interesting. Maybe.

Jay: Jay patted his shoulder as he saw the guy's face. "Trust us, ami...dis is gonna be amazin'."

Darren: Darren hit the switch and the normal looking door slid open, revealing a lift, "Okay, what you gotta bare in mind is that this isn't a normal school, we arn't normal people," he said as they all climbed in, "and a fairly common mutation is super-human intellect."

Darren: There probably wasn't much point in going into the science of hard-light technology, "There's quite a few sub-levels, they're a bit ... sci-fi, where we're heading is somewhere called the DR."

Greer: Greer chewed merrily on her steak, wondering where she was going to put her plate when she was done with it.

Jay: "T'ink...Star Trek. D' Holodeck, ami." Jay smirked. "Only it's called d' Danger Room here. We use it t'...train...mostly..."

Darren: The door shut with a hiss and they started to decend.

Gambit: "DR?" he repeated, going over possible translations of the abbreviation in his head. Something-Room. Data? Nah, too boring. Danger Room? Sounded.... dangerous, oddly. "Ain't gonna find de Enterprise down here, am I?"

Greer: "Only if you find the right program...."

Jay: "Not unless y'all're into dat kinda t'ing. Ah dunno, next frontier..." Oh god. Thank you, Bobby.

Darren: Darren snorted and rolled his eyes as they came to a stop and the door opened, revealing an empty, white corridor.

Gambit: Staring down the plain hallway, Gambit was decidedly unimpressed so far. "Minimalist. Like it. In fashion."

Jay: "Fff. More like easy t' clean d' bloodstains. Medlabs down here too."

Darren: Darren snorted, "This isn't the DR, it's behind the door," he pointed, "come on, the ladies are waiting."

Jay: "Ah hate t' disappoint a lady." He shot Darren a dirty look before grinning. "'Specially considerin' dese are some high-calibre ladies. After y'all, Maestro."

Gambit: "Ladies?" Gambit repeated, confused. What, they kept a troupé of females down here or something. These two were enjoying their little secret too much for Remy's liking, and he was eager to finally get in on it. Hurry up and open the damn door, already..

Darren: Darren keyed in the code to the door ... and then sighed, "Awww, didn't realised it was booked already ..."

Jay: "...Y'all're kiddin' me. Ah swear, if it's Reed again..."

JP: On the other side of the door there were presently no ladies and Jean-Paul would be very offended if anyone tried to argue that fact. "It's fine, come on in, I hadn't actually started anything up again." He peeked out to see who all was with Darren. "Hello roomie, and hello someone I've not had the pleasure yet."

Jay: "Hey JP. Dis is Gambit...wouldja mind if we uh...introduced him to d' DR a little?"

Greer: "Ooooh please say it's okay!"

Gambit: "Bonjour," Remy said, with a small wave to the stranger. Knowing this was a mutant home, he couldn't help but wonder just what the powers were of each person he spotted. Still, he figured it was bad ettiquette to straight-out ask.

Darren: "Gambit, this is JP, he speaks french too," Darren said by way of introduction.

Jay: "Well, not quite. He's Canadian French." Jay grinned. "Makes swearin' at each other fun, oui, ami?"

JP: "Our room is an absolute horror for delicate ears. We do do our fair share of swearing as well." His eyes rolled at Jay a bit but smiled. "And what nefarious ideas do you have in mind for the DR today?"

Gambit: "Most beautiful language in de world for cursin'," Gambit chuckled. Being insulted in French was almost a pleasure.

Darren: Darren just grinned and called out, "Danger? Be a babe and run the DC Funtimes program?"

JP: "...fun times?" Jean-Paul's eyebrow arched even higher than it's natural place.

Jay: "Oh oui. If dey don't know what y're sayin', could be y're chattin' dem up. Win win either way."

Darren: The blankness materialised wooden pannel walls and soft red furnishings, cozy little booths and platforms with poles ...

Darren: "JP .... you might wanna cover your eyes," Darren gave the biggest shit-eating grin as the music started and the girls materialised.

Jay: "...Ah swear, Black Canary's gonna make me go blind one day..."

Greer: ".... I love this program."

Gambit: As the room transformed, Remy couldn't help but take a step back in surprise, eyes wide as he looked around. This... this was amazing! He'd never seen anything like it. As the dancers started to appear, his jaw dropped just a little. "Non, last t'ing y' wanna do is cover y' eyes, homme.."

Jay: "Swear down, ami, dis place can do anything y'all want. An' Ah mean anything."

Gambit: "...Gambit t'inks he may jus' live down here, merci..."

Darren: Darren had the smugest look on his face, "Oh yeah, and they're very accomindating, these girls."

JP: "...Oh joy, now I wish I hadn't shared." Jean-Paul deadpanned, just shaking his head. "Is this what we have to look forward to for your bachelor party then, Darren?"

Greer: "Who made this program? I need to buy them things... many things...."

JP: "I'd try to lie and say it was me to get free things but I have a feeling you wouldn't believe me."

Gambit: "Not enjoyin' de view?" Gambit asked JP disbelievingly.

Jay: Jay hooked a finger into the waist of JP's pants and tugged him over. "Aw hush, mon ami, it does good t'ings to dose who need it. If it's dat bad, Ah'll sit on y're lap so you don't hafta see, oui/"

Darren: "Former student i'm afraid, Bobby and I discovered it one day while we were deleating old programs to free space," Darren threw himself into a booth and snapped his finger, Poison Ivy and Batgirl sashaing over to dance on his table.

Darren: "Let's just say ... JP's not into this sorta thing, and don't worry, Jay's handing my bachelor party, you just know there's gonna be male strippers even if it's just to try and terrify me."

JP: "Nah, I'm sure I can live. If you were in my lap I'd be tempted to give you a dollar." Jean-Paul glanced up at their current entertainment. "Well, in that case I'll have to help him terrify you." He smiled approvingly. "Yeah, not quite my cup of tea to say."

Jay: "Then I saw her, from across the room - Poison Ivy doin' jello shots with Doctor Doom. Like the Eye of sauron, I couldn't look away - She was with some joker but dude was prob'ly gaaay..." Jay's voice completely changed as he grinned widely before reverting back to the Cajun drawl. "Ami, y' know dere will be."

Jay: "Jus' a dollar? Ah'm hurt."

Gambit: Gambit couldn't quite believe it. As real as these girls and this place were... he couldn't get over the fact that it was all an illusion. Technically, anything goes here. Mutely taking a seat at another table, he could do little else but take it all in, still in shock.

JP: "Make it worth more and maybe you'll get a raise."

Greer: Greer reached out to grope one of the simulations, "They feel so real...."

Jay: "Oh hell yes, y' know Ah can." Jay winked with a laugh.

Darren: Darren leant over to Gambit, "It's something called Hard-Light Hologram technology, solid illusions basically, the guy who came up with this ... put a lot of effort into it," he winked as the two dancers ground against each other on his table.

JP: "Darren, I'm not the one to talk at the moment but I'm pretty sure sharing the science might damage the effect a little bit."

Darren: "Science is sexy," Darren protested.

Greer: "Yeah don't shatter the illusion...." she groped some more.

Gambit: "He needs a medal, Gambit t'inks," he said, running a hand over his face as he glanced around, vaguely taking in JP and Jay as they joked with one another.. perhaps a little too comfortably. Better they amused eachother than anyone else (i.e himself).

JP: "...yeah, you're right science can be pretty sexy." Jean-Paul found himself slightly distracted for a moment but waved the thought away.

Jay: Jay simply smirked, still keeping a tight hold on his roomie - he wasn't going to grope, he preferred his women real and able to leave the DR. "Oui. So...y'all likin' dis place den, Gambit? Ah hope y'all remember d' booze an' shit's still t' come..."

Gambit: "Pretty impressive, gotta admit," he said, loving the view, but still quite unable to get his head around the fact it was all an illusion. It'd take some getting used to on a physical level, he figured.

JP: "Booze? I should be made aware of such plans, yes?"

Darren: "Hey, do you know what I found down here the other day?" Darren called over .... damn he could really do with a beer, the only thing that could make this better would be beer.

Gambit: "Strangely, no idea, homme," Gambit replied with a smirk.

Greer: "Treasure?"

JP: "Reed and Danger?"

Darren: "Beds."

Greer: "... Huh?"

Jay: "...Beds, ami?"

Gambit: "Someone testin' de limits of dese holo-girls, sounds like," Remy said, a bit weirded by the fact.

JP: "Well, I guess it's nice someone doesn't just kick their roommate out or something...which reminds me, do we have a door hanging policy?" He looked back to Jay.

Darren: "Seriously, beds, and bedrooms, from all different cultures and time periods. Arabic, imperial chinese, 1920's ritz ... beds upon beds upon beds ..."

Greer: "Oooooh sounds like fun!"

Jay: "Ah dunno, considerin' we tend t' occupy it at d; same time..." He grinned. "Nah. Ah know better'n t' come near y'all when Adam's over. Guy's...keen."

Darren: "I'm figuring someone had a lot of fun with them," Darren shrugged.

Gambit: "Guess so," Gambit shrugged, adding in his head 'Someone who can't get it in de real world, clearly...'

JP: "Whoever is doing the bed thing I am impressed." Jean-Paul had to admit. "And yeah, keen is the word."

Darren: "It was like ... an ancient program, it was last opened two years after the school opened you know, guess whoever it was left."

Callie: Callie had intended to use the DR as her gym of choice, but there were people already using it. She poked her head in a blinked. Flashing lights glinted off her pink skin and red hair. "Oh, wow. I do not think I should be here...Is that Robin? Come here, with those scaly panties, hot stuff!" She went in fully, waving at everyone. Oh. A new person! Wonderful. She dimpled.

Jay: "Eh...Ah try not t' look to hard at d' sorta programs dey have here. Darren...y'all remember Vic at all? D' huge guy? Ah came across one of his Sabretooth programs...guy was a kinky fuck."

Greer: "Hey Callie!" Greer waved and smiled at her.

JP: "Well, we may never know." Jean-Paul looked up. "Callie, excellent, help me deal with all of this. Hmm, Robin?" He started to look around.

Darren: "... Dude, I found some old footage of him and his girlfriend ... seriously kinky," he peered around his dancers, "Callie? Are you even old enough to be in here?" he teased.

Callie: She rolled her eyes and sidled up to JP. "Of course I am old enough! I was just surprised." She poked JP. "Are you going to introduce me or will I do it for myself?"

Gambit: Who cared if she was old enough. She was a cutie. Leave her be. Remy instantly had a smile on his face. He got to his feet, crossing over to her. "Gambit, cherie. Though pretty face like yours, y' can call me whatever y' like."

JP: Jean-Paul smirked at that performance. "I believe he prefers to do it himself. Seems to be the pro-active type."

Darren: "Don't worry man, as far as I'm aware she's fair game," Darren called over, going back to his dancers.

Jay: "...Seriously? Can Ah have it?"

Darren: "... Do I even want to know why?"

JP: "...yes, this is why we're going to start a door hanging policy because I don't want to walk in on you sampling that."

Callie: "Callie. It is nice to meet you." She took his hand. "I like Gambit. It is different." She smiled again. "So, when did you arrive?" Finally, a hot man with manners!

Gambit: Performing the same twist-of-the-hand trick he'd pulled many times before, the handshake shifted into Gambit kissing the back of Callie's hand, charming grin in place. "Just today, cherie. Might be stickin' 'round fo' a while."

Callie: "Oh, very fine manners you have." She smiled wider. "Wonderful. It will be nice to have more friends."

JP: Jean-Paul leaned closer to the others. "I feel as if we should get her a fainting couch."

Gambit: "Pretty girl like you must already have a tonne of friends, non?" Gambit continued, still holding her hand. Was it the light that made her skin seem so unusually pink? Probably not. It wouldn't be the strangest thing he'd seen today, he supposed.

Callie: Callie blushed becomingly on cue. "Yes, a lot of friends." It couldn't be the lighting from the club that made his eyes look so weird. Black on red. Or was it red on black? It didn't matter to her. "But nobody special." She shrugged and removed her hand coyly before he could kiss it again.

JP: "Be careful, Callie. He probably does this to all the girls."

Gambit: He held onto her hand for the briefest moment before letting her pull it away, straightening up with his smile still in place. Finally, a girl who was both responding well to him, and wasn't engaged or married. There was hope for this place yet! "Nobody special, cos you outshine dem, cherie."

Gambit: Turning to JP, Gambit raised an eyebrow, quickly adding "Quick t' be makin' assumptions of people y' literally just met, aren't y'?"

Greer: "Man now I feel offended..."

Callie: "Flattery will get you nowhere, handsome." But she did dimple again. It was nice getting complimented.

Darren: ... This guy was better than net-flix when it came to entertainment value, seriously.

Callie: "It's called flirting, JP. Try it out - it is lots of fun!" She whispered in his ear.

Gambit: "Flattery? Non, cherie. Just callin' dem as I see dem," he retorted, having gone through these motions so often that the words slipped out of his mouth with ease.

JP: He shrugged. "Just teasing but yes, I generally am a bit quick at that. Of course, doesn't mean what you're saying isn't true." He had to give Callie a mock-offended look at that. "I'll have you know I'm more than capable of that."

Greer: "Yeah... still feeling offended over here... if you want me I'll be in the corner with super girl over here..."

Callie: Callie snorted, hearing a glib reply when she heard one. "Well, you must have all the girls at your beck and call, what with your face. Though, nobody can compete with green panties." She turned her attention back to the pole. "I like this program!"

Gambit: Damn, lost her. Oh well, he figured. Another time, another place. She didn't seem like the hard type to win over. Casting his eyes over to Greer, he tilted his head. "C'mon, cherie. Stunner like you? Y' don't need a guy like me tellin' y' de obvious, non?"

Greer: "Doesn't mean I don't like to hear it once in a while... hell knows it'd be better than the crap I put up with from Darren..." she shot a glare at the other guy.

Callie: "You are like a furry Betty Page, Greer, and you know it!"

Greer: Greer blushed a little at Callie, "Well thanks!"

JP: "Careful, Gambit, might lose them to one another if they keep on this."

Darren: "You know, I've told you before if you didn't react, I wouldn't do it," Darren gave her a lazy smile.

Greer: "It's so offensive, Darren..." she frowned at him, "Seriously... it'd be like someone telling you were a walking spyware program... or something..."

Gambit: Sensing a disagreement that had been going on longer than he'd been around, he figured this topic was one he best avoid involvement in. JP's comment caused him to chuckle, yet at the same time, the way they all interacted together reminded him sharply of how much of an outsider he was.

Darren: "... Well yeah, I am," he shrugged, "people call me all kinda things, no reason to get worked up about it, they're just words."

Greer: She shook her head, "You just don't get it..."

Callie: Callie looked sighed at the argument. "They are always like this, I am sorry, Gambit. But hey, at least you know what you are walking into, now."

Darren: "No, I don't think you get it," he shrugged again.

JP: "I always figured Darren was more his own personal CCTV, recording our every motion ready to use anything he sees."

Darren: Darren just gave JP a slightly unsettling smile.

Greer: "Well then we'll just have to agree to disagree and you'll just have to tolerate the occasional blunt object hurled at your head."

JP: Jean-Paul gave Darren the same kind of smile. "I can put on displays for you."

Darren: "Fine by me," not like it could hurt him, the smile faded a little at what JP said, "... Actually, I think i'll pass."

Gambit: "Sure t'ing," he replied to Callie, though his smile had faded somewhat. "Just... gonna step outside a minute, mon amis," he said as he ran a hand through his hair, making his way past both real and holographic persons alike, outof the sliding door and into the hallway. He breathed a heavy sigh. He didn't do well in these weird, almost family environments.

Greer: Greer frowned after him a little, "Did we do something wrong?"

JP: Jean-Paul decided to put that up as a personal victory, kicking his feet up, then arching an eyebrow at Gambit. "Maybe the holograms were too much after all."

Callie: "Yeah, your bickering scared him off!" She crossed her arms.

Greer: Greer chewed her lip and looked down at the floor, now she felt bad....

JP: "You can always go out and console him. Go, get to consoling. I believe the phrase is 'get it, girl.' for this situation."

Icarus: Jay watched Remy leave, frownng slightly. "...Don' t'ink dat had anythin; to do wit' it. 'Scuse me." He quickly followed, finding the guy outside. "...Gambit? Y'all mind if Ah join y'?"

Greer: Greer threw her empty plate at JP's head.

Callie: "Pfff." She waved her hand at JP.

JP: Jean-Paul ducked quickly. "What was that for?"

Greer: "Sleeze."

Callie: "Oh hey!" She was going to leave too if they started trowing things!

Gambit: Lost in thought, he hadn't even heard the door open as Jay joined him. The voice snapped him back to reality, and he quickly threw on his usual care-free expression. "Non, feel free. Just takin' a break, homme," he said with a casual shrug. He'd prefer to be alone... but he could hardly say that.

Darren: Darren rolled his eyes at the plate throwing, how juvenile.

JP: Jean-Paul's eyes rolled at that, not even bothering. "New guy is quite something though, will give him that."

Callie: "He seems very nice."

Greer: "Yeah he does, he let us stay at his hideout in the city last night... after a fleeing from zombies...."

Icarus: Jay smiled a little, pulling out a slightly dog-eared packet of cigarettes, pulling one out and offering the packet to him. "Don't mind 'em, ami, dey can be a bit much. If y'all like, Ah can show y' some slightly more outta d' place ways t' hide when dey're bein' kids." He lit his own. "God knows Ah sometimes cain't hack d' noise...bin alone too long, Ah think."

Darren: "I like him, he knew to back off from a taken women," Darren shrugged, "if he decides to stick around could be good for him, and this place," God knows sometimes he felt outnumbered by all the women here, more dudes could only be a good thing.

JP: "You know, I never thought fleeing from zombies would be something like 'Oh, that again, must be tuesday.' I feel it's skewed my world view forever."

Gambit: Pulling a cigarette out, a nod of thanks, he touched a finger to the tip of it, charging it for a moment and a small crack as the energy exploded, lighting it. "Mebbe. Ain't used t' all... dis.," he said honestly, as Jay seemed to already have the score on him.

Greer: "... Yeah it kind of has... but maybe that'll be a good thing... some how?"

Callie: Callie was lost on the colloquialism, too.

JP: "Just as long as it ends before we become complacent with them."

Callie: "What does that mean, 'must be Tuesday'?"

JP: "Hmm? Was just saying it's not exactly anything new and shocking anymore...that's unsettling."

Icarus: Jay nodded. "'Fore y' ask, Ah ain't a mind reader. But Ah've been minus a family now f'...years, ami, Ah know dat look. Darren, he's got a big family, Greer's might dislike her but dey're still kickin'...JP has his sister, no idea abou' Callie. Me, Ah ain't got shit. An' sometimes dis place gets a bit much, oui? So...don't worry so hard abou' it, if y'all need space y'll get it, an' if y' decide to stay...well, y'll find they'll pull in f' ya too."

Gambit: He remained quiet, though nodded, smoking as he listened and thought. Since leaving home, he'd been a wanderer. He'd never settled, and never made friends he had to lose when he left town. This place.. it would change that. "We'll see, ami. Dunno if dis place is right f' me, yet."

Darren: "... Naah, not really ... though, that could just be me and the fact i'm in senior year ..." Darren looked thoughtful.

JP: "You're far too jaded now to know what to find unsettling?" Now that had to be unsettling.

Greer: "I don't find it that unsettling either... but I've had a weird few years...."

Callie: "I will never get used to them. So sad, and scary."

JP: He looked over to Callie. "I think they're demonstrating what I meant."

Greer: Greer laughed, "Oh honey, I was this way before I got here - when you live in the wilds for two years you have to get used to bad surprises."

Icarus: Jay nodded. "Dat choice is yours t' make, mo ami, don' let anyone take dat away. Jus' know dis might jus' be d' best damn chance y' get, oui?" He smiled. "At leas' stay f' Christmas. D' food's to die for, no kiddin', an' Ah wasn' jokin' about d' amount of booze." He blew out a plume of smoke. "Y' want dat alone time, or you kosher now, ami?"

JP: "...honey?"

Darren: "She's hitting on you, flee while you still can!"

Callie: Callie looked between JP and Greer and started backing towards the door.

Greer: "You'd prefer 'sweetie'?" she raised an eyebrow.

JP: Jean-Paul let a good peal of laughter out. "Oh, I'd say she's barking up the wrong tree but i don't think Greer would appreciate being accused of barking."

Greer: "Hell no, got more class. And I'm not hitting on anyone, I call everyone 'honey'.... Is that not okay?"

JP: Jean-Paul had the sense to bite back the next bit of laughter. "Oh you can stick with whatever you want."

Gambit: He had a point. He might as well take advantage of the free hospitality over Christmas: it wasn't as if he was going back home, after all. "Oui, I'm fine," he assured Jay, before giving the guy one of his very few honest, genuine smiles. "Merci, mon ami."

Greer: "If it's not okay I wish someone would've said something sooner...." she frowned a little. Why didn't people ever say what they were thinking...?

Icarus: "De rien, ami, pas de probleme." Jay grinned. "Y'all have any problems, jus' gimme a bell, a'right? Now...Ah know did is impolite, but Ah'm kinda curious. What is it y'all do exactly?"

Callie: Argument diffused, Callie crept over to an empty couch and sat down, primly crossing her legs.

Gambit: Gambit couldn't help but laugh at the question. "T'ings I shouldn't," he replied, taking another drag from the cigarette. "Gambit's job.. Well, Gambit's old job, was takin' t'ings dat don' belong t' him." Now, he took them for himself.

Icarus: "Don't we all, ami." Jay laughed. "Ah used t' do a bit of dat - not'ing much, food mostly, but y' know how it is, somet'ing shiny an' you just gotta have it. Guess Ah got d' right mutation for bein' a magpie." He chuckled, wings flaring a little with a soft metallic chime from the metal one. "Oh...yeah, we shouldn' smoke indoors, but Ah ain't met one smoker who keeps to dat rule, so hey."

Gambit: He eyed the wings with interest, wondering just what had happened to have one replaced with metal. Not something you just asked, though. "I ain't one t' keep to de rules," he said, glad that the smoking prohibition wasn't strictly kept to. "Mebbe we make sure dey ain't killed eachother yet, non?" he suggested, gesturing at the door to the Danger Room

Jay: "Oui...though Ah doubt it." Jay grinned, punching in the code. "Darren's near enough as laid back as me, but den he did have me as a roomie f' like...two years." The door slid open. "Hey hey, mes amis, did y'all miss me?" He grinned at the rest.

Darren: "-Auto-tuned camel ... that's how I'd describe the noises she made- Oh, hey Jay," Darren waved over at the two cajuns.

JP: "Well, I suppose we can't make any disparaging remarks about her humps. Welcome back." Jean-Paul waved. "We're discussing camel-like mating rites. I apologize ahead of time."

Callie: "Yes, you both were greatly missed!"

Greer: Greer sat down next to Callie and opened her bottle of water.

Gambit: "Don't wanna know, hommes," Gambit remarked, still smoking as he walked back in. The sobering conversation with Jay had dulled him to the effects of the Danger Room. He barely paid attention to the illusions around him. "Listen.. y' got a bedroom dat I could set up in? Been a long few days 'n all.."

Darren: Darren gave the guy a smile, "Yeah, there's plent of spare beds dude, sure Jay'll show you to one, right bro?"

JP: "Oh there's still loads of free beds. That's not a problem at all."

Greer: Greer looked between Jay, JP and Gambit... poor new guy.

Jay: "Well good. Ah vote we go upstairs an' chow down, because Ah dunno about y'all but Ah could do wit' some serious food - an' fuck y'all, Gede, ain't dat much of a predator. Sure Ah'll show y' a room, ami." Jay saluted lazily. "Y'all wanna kip now? Ah'll save y' some food f' later."

Callie: "Well, I came down here for yoga classes, so I'll see you all later." She changed programs so the room became a hot zen-filled oasis.

Gambit: "Might shower, at least. See how I feel," Remy said, not sure if he wanted to be alone or not, so figuring he'd leave his options open. He had a feeling Jay would understand that.

Greer: Greer blinked at the sudden disappearance of her chair. ".... Ow."

Jay: Jay nodded. "A#right. C'mon den, Gambit - let's get y' settled in." He grinned, leading the way out of the DR.

Darren: "I'll leave you too it then Callie," Darren smiled, getting to his feet, "have fun now," before following everyone else out of the room.

Callie: "Sorry! I thought there would be cushions in this program. This is a different one than the one I usually use."

Greer: "It's fine..." she got to her feet, "Guess I should leave you to it... unless you want company?"

Callie: "It's hot yoga, if you can stand it, sure!"

Greer: "I'm sure I'll be fine," she grinned, "Company it is!"