Christmas 2013: Rose

Check out what goes on between semesters here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

"My, Adam really did paint the town red and then some, didn't he?" Jean-Paul chuckled quietly as he looked up at the paint job, shaking off a bit of snow from his shoulders.

"I don't envy the people that have to clean up when quarantine is over...." Greer pulled her coat tighter around her. Cold. But she'd committed to being non-fuzzy today so she'd have to suffer.

"Well, it's not like things aren't going to need a fresh coat of paint to cover up ink stains and other things so I suppose it is at least more cheerful."

Darren seemed happy enough crusing a long next to the group in just his t-shirt and jeans, "Yes because paint will be so much tricker compared to all the gore, guts, looting debris and burnt out cars."

"Well I kind of meant all of that in with the repainting, Darren..." Greer rolled her eyes.

"If I were the residents, I'd opt to burn down the place anyway and build up something new and more exciting," Selene commented, strolling by Darren's side.

"Maybe we should help them with that," she mused, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Like a roller coaster."

"Or a haunted house," Selene added.

"Cheerful isn't the word I'd use." He patted his pockets to make sure his cellphone was there, just in case. "Let's not destroy anymore than what's been done, kids."

"Yeah... you have fun with that...." she shook her head, kicking at an empty can.

"Just as long as the fire involves some s'mores I'm game. Probably would be handy as a security write-off for people as well."

"Oooh haunted house ..."

"Awww, no destruction?" Jean-Paul looked back to Scott, trying not to smirk too badly. "What about mayhem, can we cause mayhem?"

"No."

"I think the goo zombies have monopolised the mayhem anyway, honey..."

"I believe I could offer my help when it comes to rebuilding," Selene told the others. "Getting wrecked buildings to reassemble themselves should be a useful ability."

"That's true, you could be the savior of the city with that."

"You think they'd make me mayor for that," Selene asked, looking at the others.

"I'd totally make you mayor for building haunted houses."

"Ugh kill me now..." Greer muttered.

"I doubt they'd want the help, but you can always offer." He turned his head at a noise. He made sure he was between the kids and it, raising his hand to take off his glasses. There was nothing there.

"Sure, always wanted a tiger-skin rug."

"Why so grumpy," Selene asked Greer. "I could gift you Central Park when I'm in charge."

"Someone forgot to change her litter, that's what."

Greer glared at Darren, "NOT. FUNNY."

"Children, knock it off."

"I will help you with your mayoral run." Jean-Paul promised Selene. "I'm just imagining your slogans."

"Only from your point of view," Darren grinned widly, rolling onto his back, picking Selene up and sitting her on his stomach as he cruised along.

"Over here it's pretty damn funny."

"Yeah because you're an asshole."

Selene chuckled. "We should all take a ride on Darren," she suggested.

"Oh yeah, can I take a ride on Darren?" Oh, come on, like Jean-Paul wasn't going to go there?

"I said shut the fuck up." He turned around. There was something there, definitely.

"Think I'll pass, I'm sure he'd drop me on purpose..."

"Yup, I totally am an asshole, and hop aboard JP," he tapped his chest, "plenty of room."

In the direction of the noise that Scott heard, there was also now smoke.

Selene frowned when she saw the black trail of smoke rising up not too far ahead. "That is new," she said.

Darren tipped his head back, "Looks like there's some fun up there, wanna go check it out?"

He needed no more invitation that that, quickly finding himself onboard the Darren Kent Express. "Is it? I lose track of smoke nowadays. I just figure the hobos have banded together and are having a roast."

Greer frowned, "I'm totally not wearing the right clothes for trouble..." she sighed and took her shoes off so she didn't ruin them.

"Any clothes are the right clothes for trouble, as long as you have a lead pipe," Selene informed the others.

"Lady's got a point."

Scott started off in the direction of the smoke, wishing he had something easier to use than his glasses.

"Not when you have fur... Trust me." she shifted a little to free her tail. That was less uncomfortable. The smoke smell was also putting her off. Smoke meant fire.

Darren cruised after him.

"Onward!" Jean-Paul patted Darren's head, enjoying the ride. "You know, Selene, you've got yourself quit the personal hovercraft here."

"Why thank you," Selene replied, smirking at JP. "Not only is he useful, but also entirely eco-friendly. No emissions, runs on electricity, and purrs like a kitten as long as you change the oil at least once a week."

"But preferably more than once a week."

Greer pulled her coat off, she was too warm now. She also paused to remove her pants. Better. She'd find somewhere safe to put them for after.

"It greatly enhances performance, yes," Selene agreed with a nod.

"Oh, so that's what the kids are calling it nowadays. You know Scott here has the best supply of condoms. I believe he is their king."

Scott stopped as the alley opened onto a large intersection. The fire was larger than he'd expected, and it was creeping closer...no. There were people on fire. He sighed. where the hell was Lizzie when someone needed her? "Ok. Stay alert. I think those are the zombies. Which means someone else set the on fire."

"Fire and zombies?! This is just not my day...."

"... Can you imagine what the king of condom's crown must look like?"

"Or his septer?"

"I can, and it's a wonderful mental picture," Selene remarked, standing up to get a better view of the situations. "Don't they advice against fighting zombies with fire in every respectable book on the topic. The only thing you accomplish is getting undead who are on fire."

Rose was not far from those bruning people. She was backed into the corner of the ally, which was the only thing around her not on fire.

Greer stuffed her clothes into the broken window of a car to free up her hands... she removed her top as an after thought.

"Oh mighty teacher-leader dude? You want me to try scanning the area to see if there's any non-zombois life forms around here?"

Greer sniffed at the ground, "There are...."

Rose caught new movement from the students and narrowed her eyes. She squeezed her hands into fists and the fire disappeared, leaving a charred ally and burning zombies.

"Yes, thank you, Darren. But just a moment." He took off his glasses and blasted a wave of burning zombies into the building across the street. He put his glasses back on. "Ok, go for it. Be careful." Telepaths to link us up would be so useful...

"I can sense at least one non-infected person, too," Selene informed the others. "It's hard to pinpoint them, however."

Darren scanned the area, "Yeeeah, I'm picking up a human signiture, it's a bit masked by all the heat though."

Greer tried to filter out the smell of smoke and focus on the scent of the non-zombie. She spotted the shape but was reluctant to move towards it because of the fire.

"You might be careful with those eyebeams, Scott," Selene tossed in, trying to tell the infected from any normals.

"Hi there! Need help?" Scott called to a figure that didn't look like a zombie. "We're here to help you."

Rose glanced around for somewhere to hide. It occured to her that maybe she should fight instead of hiding. Hiding was getting old.

"I only have one normal scent..." She decided to avoid the fire by climbing up the wall of one of the buildings.

"... Yep, that's our chick," Darren pointed lazily towards the girl Scott was talking too.

Rose snapped her fingers and threw her hand out, sending a line of fire to snake around the group and enclose them and cut off their escape.

Roof was charred bits free! Yay! She walked across and peered over the edge, spotting the girl.... and now she was even more glad she was on the roof and not down there.

"I'm quite sure the rest here are all of the tentacled kind," Selene called out, scanning the area for any other normal minds, but unable to find any.

"Crap."

Darren grinned, "I think she's a bit paranoid, don't blame her."

"Don't sweat it, you've got a flyer here," darren shrugged.

Maybe she'd just wait and see what happened. She was safe up here...

"Hey, careful with that!" Selene ducked and shielded her eyes as she felt her hair getting singed by the sudden heat.

"Can someone douse the flames?"

"I can blow on it but I doubt it'll do much good," Selene replied, trying to keep her distance to the fire.

Well he already had Selene and JP riding him, "Hold up," Darren said, grabbing Scott around the waist and flying up.

Rose glared and put the fire out again. These bastards were getting tricky. She sent a fireball at the group instead.

"See, no prob-argh!" Darren was forced to roll to avoid the flames, luckily he wasn't too high, "Watch it lady!"

Greer flattened herself down on the roof as fire was thrown at the others. She definately didn't want to be seen if that was going to happen. She moved further along the ledge and looked for a safe way down that wouldn't startle the girl too much.

""Oh Christ!" Scott yelped as a ball of fire came a little too close. "We're friends, not zombies! He tried the speech in French and Italian. "Put me down, Darren."

Rose wasn't pleased that she had missed. She sent another fiery ball at the flying group, trying to anticiptae another dodge.

Selene called out in surprise and held on to Darren when he had to dodge. "Can't you see we're not like them," she shouted. "No tentacles here!"

Tigra climbed down a stack of crates, slowly and carefully. "Um... excuse me..." she said quietly, "Um... I know you're scared but... please don't set me on fire..."

"Sure," Darren dropped Scott as carefully as he could and then quickly brought up his arms to shield himself from the fireball, he was fireproof, his charges weren't.

Scott blasted at the fireball, taking out a building in the process.

"Ma'am, seriously, I am way better looking than any of those monsters," hmmm ... she looked a bit hyspanic, "Seriously, I'm not a zombie!" He tried calling in Spanish.

Rose turned her stance to take in the... fuzzy? woman? near her, keeping fire on her fingers to throw. Fire. She knew that word. "Fire..." And then she heard Spanish! [Spanish]"That is what the last group said."[/Spanish]

"Uh huh... fire bad." Tigra landed on the floor, but stayed low and crouching submissively.

"At least this time it won't be me getting all the blame for obliterating the city," Selene muttered when Scott's beams did quite some impressive damage.

"But were they as articulate as I am? Come one, I can fly and I totally ahven't tried to swoop down and eat yuo or whatever, that's gotta be worth someting right? He lowered himself to the ground so that Selene and JP could get off him, "My name's Darren, Darren Kent, what's yours?

The fire on Rose's fingers vanished and she took a step toward the giant talking kitty.

Jean-Paul looked to Scott. "You know, that's pretty badass. Guess that's a building the owners won't have to worry about repainting either, yeah?" Oh yes, destruction had happened. He hopped off of Darren, running for some of the fires that were going that weren't attached to zombos and speeding around them to suck away oxygen, putting it out.

Oh no fire. Awesome. She gave the girl a friendly smile - minus fangs. And purred a little. Friendly. Not zombie.

Selene hopped off hover-Darren and found a nice non-burning spot of pavement. "I think the... Spanish is working," she said. "Hola?"

[Spanish]"I'm not leaving."[/Spanish] Rose told the man speaking Spanish. Rose gently touched the kitty woman.

"Yeah..." He gave the fire girl a smile and held up his hands. Ah, Spanish. Yet another language he apparently should learn. And here he'd thought three was enough. "Keep talking to her she's calming down."

"What did she say?"

Greer sat still and let the girl pet her. She didn't mind pettings.

"Whatever it was I don't think she was quite in agreement...though maybe she's up for groping?" He quirked an eyebrow at the pettings.

"No one's asking you too, pet the nice cat girl for a bit, we've given her her flea pill, it's all good." Darren said, before turning to Scott, "She said she's not leaving, and she thinks we're zombos."

"Well, if any of us prove we don't leak black maybe she'll be on board with that?"

Rose decided the giant kitty was friendly enough, but then she glared at the man again. [Spanish]"Then you leave."[/Spanish] She flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"Ah. Well, I'm not a Zombo, My name is Scott, I'm a teacher. What's your name?" He gave the girl his most nice smile.

"We're here to get you," Selene explained, dusting off her Spanish. She then realized that what she had said might be a bit ominous. "To get you out of trouble, that is."

Greer purred some more, slowly standing up now that the woman was definately not going to burn her.

"Fine by me, who wants to be volunteeed for bleeding?" He poked Scott, "She just asked us to leave," "You sure you don't want a hand here, I mean ... blasting zombies all day must get boring?"

Rose sent fire at Selene for the 'to get you' comment, never hearing the rest.

"I think she's a pyromaniac," Selene told the others in a whisper.

She pointed to herself, "Tigra."

"Whoa!" Selene hit the ground, barely dodging the fireball.

"Definitely pyromaniac," she muttered.

"Ok, seriously. Stop firing on us. We're here to help you, not hurt you." He scooted between the girl and the others.

Darren quickly shot out a hand, catching the fireball and sending it zooming skywards harmlessly, "I will thank you not to threaten my girl friend ma'am."

"You all need to relax your postures a lot..." Tigra told them, "You look majorly threatening."

[Spanish]"I told you sons of bitches I am not going with you before and I'll say it one last time. Leave me alone!"[/Spanish]

"She's afraid, you all look scary... she's defending herself. Just calm the hell down." She frowned a little.

Darren looked at himself in his t-shirt, jeans and mussy hair, then at Selene, then at JP ... Yes, clearly they were very threatening ...

Scott grit his teeth and held out his hand to the girl. "I'm obviously not a zombie, so please calm down."

"Or you could try smiling... non threatening... relax your posture...." God. It was like teaching children.

Jean-Paul dug into his pockets, reaching for something that most everyone could see as a declaration of good intentions, holding out the bag of chocolates he kept on him for extra sugar to burn towards the girl.

"May I brain her," Selene asked the others. "Non-threateningly, of course."

"I'm seriously thinking we should just leave Tigger with the flamy girl and go get pancakes."

"Oh yeah because that would really convince her we weren't trying to hurt her..." Tigra sighed. There was just no hope for non-ferals.

"Tone counts as well, Greer, maybe you should try to give instructions with a smile." he had his own on, taking a seat on the ground as he waited to see what their firestarter thought of his offer.

Rose's eyes lit up a bit. It had to be a trick. Men do not just have candy on them... chocolate candy.

Tigra gave rose a smile, picking one of the chocolates and eating it to show her it was safe.

Rose tensed, ready to fire on JP if the kitty cat dropped dead... but she seemed ok. Maybe it was safe?

"We are not here to harm you," Selene tried again. It had been quite a while since she had spoken Spanish, and actually felt a bit strange.

"Oh, wonderful. Ladies love candy. I've got...a pack of cigarettes and a lighter."

Tigra purred again at Rose. Safe.

"I'd take them." Jean-Paul spoke up. "She might like the fire though."

"Then why are you here? The last people who came tried to take me away. Said they were doing the world a favor."

"We come in peace," Selene continued, holding up the palms of her hands. "I think I still have a lemon somewhere."

Rose took one step closer to the chocolate. How long had it been since she had tasted chocolate? Her mouth watered at the memory.

"Tell her we live around here and saw smoke?" He kept the bag held out for her, still plopped on the ground with his legs gathered up against him.

"This is progress." He lowered his hand and gave a sigh. He took a step back slowly.

Rose didn't take her eyes off Darren as she went for a chocolate, shaking as she did.

Darren shrugged, Selene seemed to be being more effective than him at this, and took a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one.

Tigra's tail curled and uncurled behind her as she watched, continually monitoring the girl's scent for any changes.

Rose put Darren's cigarette out with a smile. Her idea of a joke. She munched on her chocolate happily.

Darren blinked and took the cigarette out of his mouth and stared at the end of a second, before trying to relight it.

Greer giggled a little. She already liked this girl.

Selene searched her pockets, and while she didn't find a lemon or other treats, one contained a small rock with a sour face painted on it. "The people who tried to chase you away wanted to do the same to us," she told the girl, offering her the little rock. "They are no friends of us."

[Spanish]"We can set them on fire then, yes?"[/Spanish] She took the little rock, confused.

Scott sighed and offered up his cigarettes. "What are you guys saying?"

"Yeah, mind translating once in a while? I'm getting cramped up here."

"We are like you," Selene continued, trying not to get too tempted by the girl's suggestions. "Maybe later. It makes them angry."

"She's saying we can set zombies on fire together."

Rose took the offered cigarette and lit the end by blowing on it. She inhaled on the white stick, then grinned. [Spanish]"I can wait to set them on fire."[/Spanish]

"You know, shouldn't we feel more squicky about killing and maiming them...I mean, we don't know the people they were aren't still in there...but, then again, they do try to ink-tentacle us to death."

"She agrees to come with us if you will wear your pants on your head," Selene told JP.

Darren snorted.

"My pants would make a poor hat."

Tigra giggled again, getting the feeling that wasn't what the girl had said. She tried again with her name, "Tigra." she pointed at herself. Then gestured to her indicating she'd like to know her name now.

"She will settle on a turban?" Selene shrugged, then turned back towards the girl. "I'm Selene. What's your name?"

"I could totally bring turbans back." Jean-Paul went ahead and took a bit of his own chocolate.

"My name is Rosalinda Elena Rodriguez... Rose.. I am from Mexico... the pen is on the table..." She paused... then blushed. That was not supposed to be part of a greeting.

Tigra smiled kindly at her, "Rose. That's pretty."

"Oh, good. English. My name is Scott Summers. It's nice to meet you, Rose."

[Spanish]"Are you going to send me back to Mexico?"[/Spanish] She looked to Selene and Darren, since they had been the ones speaking Spanish.

"Do you want to go back to Mexico?"

"Jean-Paul." He gave her a bit of a wave as he introduced himself.

"No one wants to go back to Mexico," Selene remarked. "No, only out of the city. To safety."

She turned to Jean-Paul. "Thank you, Jean-Paul." She pointed to the chocolates. Rose looked back to Selene, paused, then nodded. Out of danger would be a change. Maybe they had a nice bridge to sleep under to keep out of the rain.

He took that as freedom to stand back up. "Of course."

"Then we're in agreement? To get the hell out of here before more zombies or government people show up?"

"Sure, I have a real craving for panckes now as well."

Rose knew that word too. "Pancakes?"

"Sure... want some?" She smiled.

"Yeah, pancakes ... and bacon ..."

Rose was all smiles now. Food! Real food!?

"Oh there you go, I think that's made her happy."

"I'll cook you some up when we get back to the mansion, if you like?"

Tigra held a hand out to Rose. "Hungry, huh?"

"We come from a place where food is plenty," Selene explained and gave Rose a nod.

Rose looked a bit confused as she tried to translate all of that. She could figure out that she was supposed to take the offerd hand.. and there was something about a castle maybe? Surely that wasn't quite right. She took the kitty hand.

[Spanish]"Food is most appreciated. Thank you, ma'am."[/Spanish]

"Food always makes everyone happy," he said with a grin. "I think there's a small cache of food in the van's emergency kit. A couple granola bars, to tide you over."

Tigra smiled at Rose and made a start towards the street... and her clothes.

"You can eat as much as you like, as long as you don't mind being part of our family. Everyone helps out play their part." Selene nodded again and smiled at the new girl. "You know how to tidy, do you? My room is a mess, you know?"

"Selene!"

"What? Everyone is getting their own Mexican, why can't I?"

Darren rolled his eyes and put his arm around Selene, kissing her cheek, "You're terrible, you know that?"

"Of course," Selene replied, leaning against Darren's side. "It takes a lot of work, after all."

Rose wasn't quite sure what to make of these people, but it led to a safe place to sleep for the night and food. Couldn't be all bad.

When they reached the street, Tigra pulled her clothes out of the car and put her coat back on, deciding to just carry the rest of her stuff.

Scott herded the children towards the van, looking behind them for signs of any more zombies.

Rose stayed with the giant kitty cat, keeping an eye out, like Scott, for more zombies of black goo.

"You probably picked a poor time to arrive in the city. But I guess you've figured that out all ready."
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Christopher: Chris threw a powered punch into the punching bag sending it spinning around and making the chain creak. "Yeah just fucking leave without me ever agreeing to this shit." He fired a blast of heat at the wall.

Rose: Rose just stared at the sight before her. She caught a few of his words, but she could tell he was upset.

Christopher: Chris ran through a couple of moved in quick succession nailing the bag harder each time. "Fucking break already!"

Rose: Rose took a step back. Maybe it was a bad idea to try out the gym?

Christopher: Chris caught the movement with his peripheral vision and grabbed the bag. "Oh uhmm hey... sorry..."

Rose: Rose took another small step back. She wasn't sure what she was supposed to do now, so she waved a bit.

Christopher: "Hi. I'm Chris." He waved back and walked over to his bag to grab his water bottle.

Rose: "Hello, I am Rose. No hab... I do not speak English." She managed to get out.

Christopher: "Oh....." He took a drink of water. "Spanish?" He guessed by the accent.

Rose: "Si." Rose nodded.

Christopher: "Hola." Chris smiled. "Soy Chris."

Rose: Rose smiled at him. [Spanish]"I am glad to meet another who speaks Spanish."[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"I'm not too good."[/Spanish] He smiled back and took his shirt off to cool down.

Rose: Rose took in a sharp breath, taking in all his piercings and tattoos. [Spanish]"That is ok. I am trying to learn English."[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"I hear it's tough. Good luck."[/Spanish] He stumbled through the Spanish and dried off his sweat with a towel.

Rose: Rose laughed and smiled. She looked away a bit awkwardly.

Christopher: [Spanish]"So.... how do you like it here?"[/Spanish]

Rose: Rose shrugged. "It's ok. Better than the streets."

Christopher: He put his shirt back on. [Spanish]"So what can you do?[/Spanish]

Rose: [Spanish]"Control fire."[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"Interesting."[/Spanish] He got back up and walked over to the punching bag.

Rose: [Spanish]"Is it? What do you do?"[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"Absorb, force and uhh convert it to.... strength."[/Spanish] He struggled with his Spanish again, where's Sophia when you need her.... oh yeah gone....

Rose: [Spanish]"That's pretty cool."[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"I also heal fast. And can shoot force and heat blasts[/Spanish]

Rose: [Spanish]"Healing would be nice."[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"It is."[/Spanish] He started punching the bag slowly moving through his styles and unleashing hell on the poor punching bag.

Rose: Rose kept a good distance between them out of fear.

Christopher: [Spanish]"I won't hurt you."[/Spanish] He caught the bag. [Spanish]"I'm not mad at you. I promise."[/Spanish]

Rose: [Spanish]"Why are you so angry?"[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"Long.... well actually short story... Rather not talk about it right now if you don't mind.[/Spanish] He sat down next to the punching bag.

Rose: [Spanish]"Sure.. no problem."[/Spanish] Rose sat down not far from him.

Christopher: [Spanish]"It's nice to meet you though.[/Spanish]

Rose: [Spanish]"Yeah, likewise. If I'm ever in another fight, I know who I'm calling."[/Spanish]

Christopher: Chris laughed and cracked his knuckles. [Spanish]"Maverick at your service. Just give me a yell."[/Spanish]

Rose: [Spanish]"I'll be sure to!"[/Spanish] Rose laughed and smiled at him.

Christopher: [Spanish]"If you wanna hang out somewhere that doesn't smell I can go grab a shower and we can hit the recroom."[/Spanish]

Rose: [Spanish]"That sounds fun, actually."[/Spanish] Rose smiled again.

Christopher: [Spanish]"Wanna meet me there or hang out in my room while I take a quick shower?"[Spanish]

Rose: [Spanish]"How about I meet you in there? I will get the fire going."[/Spanish]

Christopher: [Spanish]"Deal."[/Spanish.] He got up and offered her his hand.

Rose: Rose smiled and took the offered hand. "Gracias."
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean