6/6 Instance: Have Another Drink On Me

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Timeline - Some point after the game 'Liberty and FANGS for all'

Jay hummed in harmony with himself as he plonked the bag from his room on the table, the huge tureen on the stove just starting to boil. Still humming, he started pulling bottles from it, populating the breakfast bar with enough bottles to make Vito's envious.

Absinthe, pernod, Jagermeister, beer, beer, more beer, cheap vodka...yeah. He might have enough. That done, the shot glasses were laid out before he went back to the cooking. He hadn't bothered with the metal wing today, just the one red wing loosely against his back, long red hair in a ponytail.

A black and yellow tendril crept up to the tureen and started to lift the lid to investigate the contents ...

A spoon came down on it. "Gede, Ah will end y'all."

"Sunnuva!" The tendril withdrew back into the cuttlery drawer, "How'd you spot me?" The drawer asked.

"Ami, it's f' everyone who wants it. D' only t'ing Ah ask is dat y'all don't drink all d' absinthe - Ah get it sent up from N'Orleans and it costs." Jay lifted the lid and poked the contents, spiced aromatic steam wafting over the kitchen. "An' Gede, Ah've lived wit' ya for how long?"

"I promise I'll only be as greedy as you'll let me be without smacking me with a spoon." Jean-Paul put his hand over his heart to go along with his vow.

"Hmmm ... good point," the drawer said, "Oh ... not into that sort of thing then JP?" The drawer asked as it started to ooze black and yellow semi-liquid.

"Yeeaaah, sure. Y'all kiss Adam wit' dat pure mouth of yours?" Jay pointed the spoon. "Pour me a shot of La Fee Vert, y' liar."

"I could be persuaded." He answered, grabbing the requested drink and pouring it. "And yes, yes I do. One of it's many talents really. It's one of my favourite body parts."

"TMI dude, TMI," Darren muttered as he reformed next to the drawers, "so where's the guest of honour then, thought you were cookin' this up to make new kid feel better, cockatiel?"

"Gambit! Guest of honour. Pull up a seat, mon ami, grab some sort'f alcoholic beverage an' enjoy - dis shit's bin cookin' all day, so it shouldn' be long now." Jay took the drink and nodded to Darren. "Right dere."

"And the guest of honour arrives!" Jean-Paul gave a wave to Gambit. "Mouths, aren't they wonderful parts? At least, that's the favourite that we're talking about now, and Darren should feel lucky that's the one I'm sticking to for the moment."

"Mmm...Ah do so love dat mouth of yours, JP."

"Clearly I have magical cajun summoning powers," he sighed, "shame it doesn't seem to work on hot chicks ... TMI guys!"

Jay simply looked at Darren, then looked away quickly before he burst into laughter.

Eyes browsing over the table covered in liquor bottles, he tried to phase out Jay and JP's flirtation as he picked out the vodka bottle (no bourbon? He was disappointed). A short measure was poured into a glass, left straight, and thrown straight down Remy's throat.

He grimaced, looking at the glass in distaste. "Ain't like what y' get back home.."

"If you keep saying that I'm just going to start making up shit to set you off, you know that, yes?" Jean-Paul hopped up to sit on a free bit of the counter, grabbing a bottle at random to pour a drink.

"Hmmm true, I must never underestimate your 'little shit' abilities," Darren selected a beer, "you're in luck Gambit, Jay went and scraped the bottom of the lake for this for that authentic New Orleanes taste," he joked.

"Well, dat's cheap stuff, ami, 'course it ain't." Jay smirked, going back to his cooking, the huge scar down his back on full view from the missing wing. "D' good stuff is everythin' else. Dat's left over from where Ah was losin' at cards."

"Non, not d'lake! Not enough molderin' bikes or dead people in dere...besides, ami, what's left of my left wing's still down dere somewhere..."

He placed the glass back down, still running his tongue over the roof of his mouth to rid himself of the taste. Deciding to play it safe (especially considering his alcohol tolerance), he went for a beer instead. These, unlike the ones from the other day, were still pleasantly cold as he cracked one open.

Callie popped her head into the kitchen. "What is that heavenly smell, and can I have some?"

"Little? What is this little you are talking about? I should feel insulted I'm sure." Jean-Paul just raised his glass and drank to his abilities. "If it makes you feel better I'll mix in true things so you'll never know which is which. But yeah, Jay-bird's got quite the spread here."

"My cookin', an' sure thing, chere." Jay grinned at Callie. "An' Gede, JP is anythin' but little. Gambit, drink what y' want an' drink plenty of it. Consider dis y' welcome party."

Rogue pushed her way into the kitchen from the backdoor and sighed at all the people. But she was hungry damnit. "Hey y'all." She took a whiff of the aroma, "Mmm. Jay, whatch'all cookin' t'day? Smells like gumbo." She avoided walking directly under the spot on the ceiling and went to stand next to Jay to look in the pot.

"Intend to, homme," he assured Jay with a drink, taking a long draught of the beer in his hand. After all, it was free, so he might as well enjoy as much of it as possible. He gave a smile to Callie as she walked in, going to take another mouthful of drink... and pausing at the next arrival.

"It's me, I let off this aroma that just brings people in." JeanPaul answered Callie, shrugging. "As for having some I'm afraid you'll have to settle for Jay's food."

Darren cracked open his beer, "And let me give you a piece of friendly advice, get before JP in the food que if you actually want to eat tonight ... oooh speaking of which, saw your little girlfriend earlier on today, JP, while I was getting supplies from the city."

"Oui, ami, it's proper gumbo - or as good as Ah can dis far out." Jay scooped up a bit of sauce and offered it to her. "Test."

"Oh yeah, I'm liable to eat all the foodstuffs." Jean-Paul looked over to Darren, absolutely bewildered. "Huh?"

Rogue leaned down to take the bite and thought for a minute as she tasted it. "Needs more cayenne, sugah."

He lowered the can, giving a smile to Rogue. He'd met and spoken to the young woman briefly already... with mixed results. "Bonjour, cherie," he offered. Play it cool, he told himself, even as she carried on moving about the kitchen without so much as a sideways look at him.

"Oui? Ah wasn' sure." Jay tasted it himself. "...Yeah, y' right dere." He pulled it down. "Ah'm hurt, JP - y'all seein' a girl on d' side?"

"The pink girl? Makes the circle portals, she was using them to drop cars on zomboids," he nodded, catching the look as Rogue walked in, "Yo, s'up Stripes?"

"Believe me, it's news to me." Jean-Paul laughed. "I can just imagining having the talk with my family. 'Aunt Blanche, Uncle Louis? I've got a girlfriend'. They'd die of shock." Oh, wait, pink girl. "You saw Blink, really?"

"Absinthe, y'all. Stat. Cook needs greasin'."

"She was singing 'Walking on Sunshine' while doing so," he nodded, "looked like she was having fun inbetween yelling 'For Justice!'."

Callie grinned at Gambit and JP, sticking her tongue out at the latter. "Oh yes, you always smell heavenly, JP. You use my shower gel."

Rogue gave Darren a little wave without looking over as she looked over the bottles on the table. "Y'all's selection sucks." She glanced up and smirked at Gambit, "Bonjour, mon ami."

"Ffft. Dis is me clearin' out my dregs, Rogue - cept d' absinthe, dat's a constant. Ah'm not allowed t' buy any more alcohol until it's gone, so drink d' fuck up, y'all."

Darren poured out Jay's drink as per instructions and passed the glass over, "One cook, greased."

"...that's supposed to be our secret." Jean-Paul pouted at Callie and poured himself a new drink for his troubles. "Yeah, that sounds like Blink all right. Where did you see her?"

"Oooooh...Gede, y' do it so well." Jay purred at Darren before taking the shot and downing it. "'Ey, Gambit - how're y'all settlin' in, ami? Ah'm sorry 'bout d' state of our room - Ah lost one of my music books d' other day."

Rogue picked up a bottle of whiskey and hopped up on the island, taking a swig straight from the bottle as she looked at Callie. "Y'all drink?"

"This side of the Brooklyn bridge," Darren said, taking another mouthful of beer.

"Only champagne and strawberries, professor," Callie said with a grin. "I am afraid all this is not appealing."

Gambit waved a hand at Jay, indicating it didn't matter. "Gambit's slept in worse places dan yo' bombsite o' a room, ami," he assured him with a smile. "An'... it's diff'rent here," he said, not sure what else to say. So far, he didn't really know just how he felt about the place.

"Oui. Ah lived out on d' Bayou an' in a sewer before here, it's definitely new." Jay grinned, before tasting the gumbo again. "Alright, guys, food's up! Chef demads a kiss in paymen'."

"What, even from Stripes?" Darren indicated Rogue with his thumb.

"Yes, I swear the room's usually a bit better than that...thought the feathers are always there. He molts like nobody's business." Jean-Paul reached over to Jay's remaining wing, giving it a ruffle. "Different's pretty accurate."

Rogue practically snorted as she took another drink. Professor. That was a new one. That would take a lot of getting used to. Rogue hopped up at the mention of food, slipping a glove on as she went to get a bowl. She slapped her gloved hand to Jay's cheek, kissed the back, then held her bowl out for some gumbo. "Please an' thank y', sugah."

She looked over her shoulder and poked her tongue out at Darren.

"... Clever, I'm guessing I can't get away with that though, huh?"

The wing twitched a little under the ruffling, its owner snorting. "Ah do not fuckin' molt. An' awww, Rogue, Ah love y'all too." He winked at her, taking the bowl and spooning some in. "And non, ami, y'all don't."

Callie leaped into place behind Rogue, stomach growling.

"...D' new kid's excused, though."

"Curses, foiled again, okay, but only a peck and only if I get a chaperone."

"If I give two do I get more food?"

Remy sighed, lifting the can and downing the remainder of the contents. "Kid?" Remy repeated, raising an eyebrow. Just how old did people here think he was, anyway?

Rogue grinned at Darren, "Ah'll chaperone."

Darren gave Rogue the squinty eyes, ".... Nooooooo ... I don't trust you to not let him drag me into the pantry for rapetimes."

"...is that what goes on in the pantry now? I'll have to start knocking."

Callie duly gave her kisses and received food. "Oh, delicious!"

"Oui." Jay winked. "Ah'm prob'ly older'n y'all, seein' as Ah'm a senior." He waggled his eyebrows at Darren. "JP, Ah'll give y'all an entire pot t' yourself later if y' give me more'n a kiss."

".... You can tell you're only a freshman," Darren said, filing in.

Jay grinned and patted Callie on the head.

Rogue laughed, "Aw, c'mon, Dar. Ya know Ah c'n be trusted..."

"Sounds like a good enough deal to me." Jean-Paul laughed, giving a quick kiss to Jay and grabbing his first serving. "mmm, food."

Gambit frowned: he was not used to being treated like a child in any situation. Despite his slightly aching stomach, he didn't join the queue for food, but instead looked over the table again, reaching instead for the absinthe bottle, pouring a measure into the glass he'd discarded earlier.

"I'd trust you with my life, with my wallet, but not with my dignity, Stripes, sorry."

"I was under the assumption you had no dignity."

Rogue snorted, "Well Ah guess that's good 'nough." She planted a kiss straight onto Darren's cheek as she went by to sit on the island with her bowl again.

"What dignity?" Jay noted the absinthe-pinching with a grin, ignoring it. A bowl slid in front of Gambit before he did himself one.

"I have plenty of dignity when I remember it's there," Darren blushed a little at the kiss, before holding his hands out for a bowl.

Jay tapped his cheek wordlessly.

Rogue got out her camera phone and held it at the ready.

He looked down at the food, eyes catching Jay's with a nod of thanks as he took a sip of the absinthe. He usually avoided the drink like the plague, but right now, he was going to need it. Take it easy... he told himself.

Darren rolled his eyes and snorted at the camera, "... Awww fuckit ... might as well give the camera a good show," he planted a big, wet, soppy kiss right on Jay's lips, grabbed his bowl and then scuttled away cackling.

"Oh, so it's hidden is it. I expect to see it one of these days when you find it next." Hmm, absinthe? Well, it'd be something new for him anyway.

Rogue laughed at the picture she caught and immediately sent it to Jay.

Jay blinked for a moment, before grinning and catching Darren's ass with the spoon. "For a straight guy y'all don't half have a good kiss, Gede." He laughed to cover the unexpected blush before sitting with his bowl. "Chow down, mo amis, an' dere's more f' later." He felt his phone go and winked at Rogue.

Remy's hand remained around the neck of the absinthe bottle, not willing to give it up any time soon. As much as the liquor was hardly the most recommended one for a guy like him, it was the only drink there from home, and therefore was the only one worth consuming. He rolled his eyes at the young mens antics, instead taking a seat.

"What can I say, Sel and I get in a lot of pratice," Darren said, sitting on air to eat his gumbo.

Rogue dug into her gumbo and closed her eyes in pleasure. "Mmm. Just 'bout perfect, Jay."

"...Now I'm trying to imagine what you two get up and it's disturbingly innovative."

"So Ah've noticed. At least y'all don't nick my bed t' do dat practicin' in no more."

"Ha! No, we get our own double bed now, and ... disturbingly innovative would be the best way to describe it I'd say ... now arn't you glad we carn't reproduce in the coventional way?"

"...do I need to worry about that?" Jean-Paul forgot his food and drink for the moment, looking over at Darren warily.

"Dare you imagine what a child of myself and Selene would be like?"

"Non." Jay murmured around his spoon, grabbing the other bottle of absinthe with a grin to Gambit. "Hey, ami...y'all play poker?"

"I think the strangest child the two of you could have would be a perfectly normal one."

"Non, Gambit don' play poker.... Gambit wins at poker. Ain't no game when y' win ev'ry hand, mon ami," he replied, smirking arrogantly. If there was one thing Gambit was good at, it was gambling.

That got him two very high eyebrows, and the bowl and bottle went on the breakfast bar. "Gede, cards, ami, if y'all will?"

"Is this going to involve clothing at all?"

"Oh God .... you and poker, count me out bro, the cards hate me," Darren groaned, "and why're you asking me for cards, why would I be carrying cards around with me?"

"Because y' always carry my cards." Jay grinned dirtily at him before pulling out a dogeared pack. "Maybe when we've had enough t' drink, JP."

"Yo're on, homme... But Gambit only ever plays wit' his own cards. Luck, y'know."

"More like marked. Non, ami, my deck."

"Y'all can check 'em if y' want, but Ah don't play wit' a man's personal deck." He paused. "'Least not on firs' date."

"Alright boys. Ain't nobody gonna play poker without me." She hopped up and moved to stand between the two. "Deal me in, Jay."

"Now, now children, don't bicker," Darren muttered, clearing his bowl.

Callie snuck more food when nobody was watching. She was going to get this recipe!

Remy leaned back, shrugging. "Count Gambit out den. B'sides, who's t'say y' own deck ain't marked?" he pointed out, taking another mouthful of absinthe, witholding a grimace as it burned it's way down his throat.

Rogue frowned when Gambit backed out, "C'mon, Swamp Rat. Ah thought y'all were a gamblin' man. Ya can trust Jay's deck."

"As Ah said, homme, can check 'em." Jay smirked. "Well, mebbe another day den, if he ain' game for losin'."

"How about a drinking game?" Jean-Paul asked, going for another drink as he did so. "Get to know our new friend a bit better?"

"Drinkin' game?" Uh oh. This wasn't a good move at all. "T'ink Gambit'd pr'fer poker..."

"Cain't get ta know him any better'n Ah have."

"Just so long as it's not spin the bottle, lamest. game. ever."

"Fuck yeah. 'Sides, Ah jus' got kisses from y'all."

Callie snorted. Like Gambit was one to talk about himself.

Darren shot his head around at that, "... Bad touching the newbs, proff?" He asked with a raised brow.

Rogue rolled her eyes at Darren, "Like that's a surprise ta y'all."

"Let's jus' stick to cards, non?" Remy pushed, perhaps a little desperately.

"Depends, you get his permission?" He glanced back to Gambit.

Rogue arched an eyebrow at Darren, "Y'all gonna play tha blame game. Really?"

Jay finished his bowl off quietly, eying up Gambit as he did before switching to Darren and Rogue and then going for more gumbo.

"Hey now. Can it, d' pair of y'all. Low blow."

"Rogue enjoys the bad touching I think."

"Not the blame game just ... way to inspire trust in your pacients, counsellor," Darren shrugged.

Gambit shot a look at Rogue, before looking away. As much as he'd disliked her stealing his powers, eyes, and possibly memories... he also didn't want to get her into trouble for it. "Yeah, Gambit said she could," he said finally, covering.

"He ain't a patient. He don't need help with his powers." She shot a look at Remy at his response. She'd have to ask him about that later.

"Let's drop dis, non? Gambit said she could, an' she did. No problem."

Jay let a sigh hiss out between his teeth, rolling his gold eyes and going back to eating. Eesh. "Can we jus' leave it? Dis is meant t' be fun." He shot a look to both Rogue and Darren, though he'd felt his inner 'voice' flinch at Rogue's words.

Darren's eyes flicked between the two suspiciously, but he said nothing.

Another slug of absinthe, and he busied himself with eating. Perhaps the minor tiff would take peoples mind away from drinking games. The last drinking game he'd gotten himself into... Well, he'd rather not remember it in much detail.

Well, Jean-Paul just wasn't going to nose into that now. "Yes, back to funtimes, and more." He dished himself up a new plate, tucking right in.

"If Ah remember right, ya said y'all'd be willin' ta let me touch me any time Ah want." She smirked at Remy then picked her bowl back up.

"I like this, what is it?" She held up her bowl. "A bit hot but good."

"Sorry Jay, didn't mean to upset your dinner guests," Darren spared his best friend a smile.

Jay smirked. "It's gumbo, Callie. Y'all wanna learn t' make it? D' spice is down t' personal preference, but Ah'll be happy t' teach y'all."

Remy had to swallow hard, a smirk on his face as he looked up at Rogue. "Y' remembered dat offer den?" he said, not complaining.

He gave Darren a smile back. "Eh...never mind, ami. It was nothin'." He leant over and ruffled Darren's hair, giving him a sympathetic smile.

"I would like it! It would be the only thing I could cook!"

Rogue shrugged in answer to Remy and turned to look at Callie in shock, "Y'all cain't cook?"

Jay beamed. "Ah'll teach ya den, no problem - d' recipe Ah use is eighteen generations old. One of my bandmates taught me."

"No. Why should I?"

"See, plenty of people to teach you now." Jean-Paul laughed. "That way we can trade off fire extinguisher duty."

Darren snorted at that, cracking open another beer.

"Jay an' Ah are some o' tha best cooks in tha school. But Ah still school him on tha bakin' portion," she grinned at Jay.

Returning to his bowl, Remy continued to work his way through it, not able to remember the last time he'd had proper southern spice in a meal. God, how he'd missed it. As he cleaned the bottom of the bowel, he found himself almost longing for home... a thought that sobered him a little, and put him off wanting a second bowl.

Jay's remaining wing flared a little as he stood, grabbing the vodka bottle as he put the bowl in the sink. "Well oui, Ah ain't so good at dat. Ah miss Viv's cookin' though." He necked a good portion of vodka - hey, it had to be drunk - before taking a breath and having more. "...Jesus dat stuff's nasty."

"Oh, we have a competition coming on? I must start to cook more...though truth be told I'd much rather have others carry on while I eat."

"...JP, less talkin', more drinkin'."

Darren laughed at JP, "I like how this man thinks."

Rogue tossed an unopened bottle of rum JP's way. "Catch!'

"Are you trying to get me drunk?" Jean-Paul looked up from his plate.

"Fuck yes."

"You don't need to get him drunk though."

"Mon dieu.." Gambit muttered, downing the rest of the glass, and declining to refill it. He'd stick to drinking from the bottle, he figured.

"Well, never let it be said I didn't cooperate." He reached out, claiming one of the bottles for his own now.

Jay caught the rum before it hit the ground. "Oh man...Ah ain't had rum f' weeks. Y' mind, Rogue?"

"Have as much as ya want, sugah."

"Everyone needs to get me drunk, I imagine it'd be quite the thing."

"Dis is where havin' a tolerance as high as mine suck balls, amis." Jay sighed, cracking it open. "Ah knew Ah shoulda stuck t' beer as a kid."

"Hey, at least you don't have perma-tollerance, I kinda miss being able to get drunk."

Remy wished he could have claimed the same, but childhood and early teens with no money meant no drinking, and Jean-Luc was reasonably strict on Remy staying sober for jobs. He was only just catching up, to be honest...

Rogue nodded and tipped her bottle over to Darren, "Likewise, darlin'."

Jay leant over, grinning. "Can always merge again, ami." He whispered jokingly. "Pretty sure y'all could get hammered den..."

"Merge?" Jean-Paul stopped drinking long enough to ask.

"... No thanks, once was enough," Honestly, he loved his mutation, but some aspects of it creeped him the fuck out.

Jean-Paul's mind was going everywhere.

"One of my powers, I can absorb people ... sorta ... it's a bit hard to explain ..." Darren took another swig.

Rogue laughed, "It's like me, but worse."

"It's how he made sure Ah didn' bleed out when Ah lost d' wing." He jerked his thumb at his back.

Gambit preferred not to think about what Jay and Darren might have been on about, instead taking a slug of absinthe from the bottle in his hand. Mon dieu, this stuff had an edge to it. Still, eager not to seem lightweight compared to the others, he'd keep up.

"I like ..." he made complicated gestures like he was kneeding invisible dough in mid-air, "absorb the person, and they get all my powers, but we share the same body and brain ... it's really bizzare ... I've only ever done it twice and that was to stop people from dying."

"Well...not bleeding out is always good...but, really, sort of creepy."

"Not really Rogue, it's more like the oposite of you, instead of stealing thier powers I give them mine."

"See? Like me only worse. An' backwards powerwise."

Jay was watching Gambit as he talked. No wasting his absinthe, damnit. "Yeah. We were...one person. He's got alla me an' Ah got all of him. It was..." He searched for the words. "Bizarre. Scary. But not bad...Ah dunno, hard t' explain."

Darren glanced over at Gambit again, "You struggling there dude?"

"Creepy!"

"...D' worse bit was not bein' with it enough t' remember who Ah was f' a while...kept on thinkin' Ah was Gede...dat was..." He shuddered.

"Me? Non, doin' just fine," he assured Darren with a casual shrug, taking another gulp from the bottle. Goddamnit, was he that obvious?

"Yeah, the permement personality changes suck major balls," Darren said, raising an eyebrow at Gambit and smiling a little.

Rogue smirked and offered Remy the whiskey bottle and held her hand out for the absinthe. "No green fairies f'r y'all t'day, sugah."

"Oui...Ah've got my own Aliens Trilogy now, by d' way. Ah'll stop nickin' y'alls."

Jean-Paul smiled to himself. Things were tingly. Things were good

Jay poured himself rum. "Let him play wit' dem fairies if he wants to." He leered slightly.

"Wait, what's this about fairies?"

No way was he going to look bad in front of Rogue, and he took another long pull of the bottle for good measure. "Non merci, cherie."

"We weren't talking about you."

"Y're a damn' fine one, dat's what, JP."

"Bet your ass I am. I am their king."

Darren started laughing, "Is Jay or Adam the queen then?"

Rogue arched an eyebrow at Gambit, "Suit yaself then."

Jay leant over and kissed JP squarely on the lips. "Shut up." He grinned. "An' Ah'd say Adam. Ah might screw guys, ami, but Ah ain't no fag."

"The king has a a varied harem house." Oh, hey, now that was something. "As I said earier, mouths, one of my favourites."

He could already feel the mental buzz of the alcohol, but he could live with that. It wasn't that Remy never got wasted, but more that he was very careful as to when he did. Here, he was safe, right? Even if he did get carried away, he was in good hands? He hoped so..

"Just so long as the mouth stays in family friendly locations, we're good," Darren nodded, starting on his third beer.

"...Hey now, since when're we family friendly Gede?"

Rogue eyed Remy silently for a moment then shrugged and downed more of her bottle of whiskey. If he wanted to get smashed, she could care less.

"Since I asked you reeeeeal nice ... and since you don't wanna scar the freshmen, future-proff?"

Jean-Paul was on his way towards smashed and didn't exactly have the ability to keep quiet despite mouth-bribery. "Do you think I should make harem pants for my harem? I mean, I all ready did for Adam for Halloween. I think that'd be a nice thing."

"All the men 'round here in Harem pants? Ah like it."

Hey, Gambit wanted to get smashed, well...Jay was just tipsy enough to entertain the idea of helping him to his bed. He grinned. "Huh? Oh...Ah wouldn' scar 'em, ami. Educate, not scar. Help Hank wit' his biology lectures. And Ah am not wearin' harem pants."

"Non."

"... Yes, yes they should, and they should be pink, esspecially Jay's."

"Non!"

"Ain't get dem on Gambit either," he spoke up, pretty sure harem pants were far from a style that'd suit him.

"Why wouldn't you want harem pants? They're breezy and easily removed."

"Hot-pink, with bells on so we know he's comming to laugh at him."

Jay had a few more fingerwidths of rum. "...Gede?"

"Yes?" He finished his can.

"And I got Reed into the maid's costume. I could definitely have those as well!"

Callie put her bowl in the sink. The boys were now talking about weird things, so she stayed silent.

"Not sure dey match de rest o' de wardrobe, homme," Gambit said to JP, taking yet another swig, reminding himself mentally once more to take it easy.

".... Reed? Danger's groupie Reed? Please tell me there's pictures ..."

"Dere is not enough alcohol in dis city t' ever make me drunk enough t' think dat's a good idea." He looked at Darren. "One more suggestion, ami, an' Ah'm gonna shut y'all up in a really embarressin' way."

"Oh yeah, it was for Halloween too." He assured Darren. "It was quite the look, might I say." He smiled so wonderfully happy. "Yeah, I suppose it doesn't really go with the theme. I suppose the king has to have castle staff though."

Rogue smirked and hopped off the island again to go perch next to Remy, "Y'all don't think ya would look good in harem pants?"

"Like how?" Darren asked Jay, suddenly suspicious, the guy was nowhere near drunk enough to reveal thier little ... arrangement.

Jay made a kissy face and grinned, before winking and taking another drink.

Moving his arms instantly to make space for Rogue, Remy gave a slightly slow shrug. "Not really Gambit's style, cherie," he said, careful to make his speech clear.

"Oh no?" Rogue smirked, "Ah think they'd look mighty fine on ya."

Darren snorted and opened his fourth tin, "Bit quiet over there, Callie, you okay?" he called over.

Jean-Paul looked over Gambit thoughtfully, leaning in closer. "What are your feelings about loincloths?"

"Oh, yes, I am fine. I just really have nothing to say."

"Y' t'ink?" Remy tilted his head at Rogue, trying to visualise it. "Maybe f' you, Gambit'd give it a try." He winked, turning to face JP as he leaned in. "...Can't say dey somet'ing Gambit's ever modelled b'fore.."

Jay nearly choked on his rum at JP's suggestion.

Rogue grinned and looked over at JP, "Pants for Remy!"

Darren roared with laughter, nearly spraying beer across himself.

"...Ah'm sure it'd a good look f' ya..." He eyed up the bottle in Gambit's hand, trying to guage if the kid was drunk enough yet.

"....you should." Jean-Paul nodded decisively, leaning back into his chair, almost a little too far. "With a wind machine."

Jay switched to eyeing up JP's bottle. "...Ami, y'all wanna slow down dere?"

... Darren actually managed to spray beer at that.

He laughed, mental image one impossible to stay serious at as he slapped a hand on JP's back. "Sure y'd love dat, homme. For de right price, could be arranged."

"How much?"

"...I'm going to have to get a job when the zombie apocalypse is over."

"I'll pay you to drink kid, you're fucking hilarious," Darren declared, flicking the beer off himself.

"Sex delivery boy?"

He considered the matter for a few moments, before replying "D'no.. d'pends on a few t'ings. Number o' viewers, duration, size o' loincloth... Dese t'ings, dey gotta be considered." What could he say? It wasn't the first time he'd had propositions of this type.

"I'll always come on time!" Jean-Paul raised his glass high!

"Pay t' drink? Dat's more like it! Where can Gambit get an application f' dat?" he said to Darren, chuckling as he took another slug of absinthe.

Rogue snorted, trying hard not to spray her drink.

Darren was in serious risk of falling out of the air, if he'd had sides in the traditional sense they'd be aching.

"I should go. I have homework to finish. See you all later!"

Jay clinked his bottle against Gambits, well on his way to being buzzed finally. "T'ink y'all jus' got hired, ami." He laughed. "Seriously, man, welcome t' Xavier's - y're gonna be wicked t' have, dat's f' sure." He finished the rum.

Callie waved and left, shaking her head.

"Okay, take care Callie," Darren called after her.

"Somet'ing wrong, cherie?" he asked Rogue as she spluttered on her drink. "C'mon... admit it. Y'd love t' see Gambit in a loincloth." Clinking bottles with Jay, he raised his other hand into the air in celebration. "First legit job dat Gambit's ever had!"

Twisting clumsily in his seat, he waved to Callie as she made her leave.

Rogue shook her head, "No. Ah wouldn't. Not really wantin' ta see anyone in a loincloth really."

He leaned in a bit closer to her, confident smile in full power. "Y' won't be sayin' dat if y' see it on Gambit," he assured her.

Jay laughed, not entirely sure why, finding his absinthe again. "Je suis desole, ami, Ah seem t' be a bad influence on y'all." He chuckled. "Ah'll h-hold y'all to dat loincloth though - an' dere'll be pictures too."

"... Hey ... has JP passed out? Lightweight! Who's got a pen?"

Jay suddenly caught JP as his roomie slid onto him, snoring. "...Lightweight." He chuckled, laying him face-down on the bar.

"Like I said, homme. Right price, an' it'll happen," Gambit assured Jay, before turning to JP, and laughing. At least he wasn't first to crash, he figured!

"Ah'll take 'im upstairs when Ah'm done. Until den, he's all yours."

"... I need a pen and some items of ladies underwear," Darren said malevolently, "and I think some marmalade and sprinkles ..."

Rogue leaned away from Gambit and decided maybe sitting next to him was a bad idea. She stood up and moved back to her spot on the island, looking up at the spot on the ceiling.

"Y' mean t'ing," Gambit said, shaking his head at Darren. He was glad it wasn't him, though, as he took another swig of absinthe. Blinking hard, he watched with a little disappointment as Rogue moved away. Damnit. He thought he was doing so well, too..

Jay pulled a sharpie out of his pocket, blushed and pulled said underwear, and waved at the cupboards.

Darren stared at the thong, "... Do I even want to know?"

"Cessily."

He took a long drink, coughing a little at the burn. Right, absinthe, not rum. But he figured the name would say it all.

"She got nice taste," Gambit commented as he grinned at the underwear.

Rogue downed half of the bottle and got up, "Ah'm gonna go. Kitchen ain't mah fav'rite suddenly."

"Alright, chere. Ah'll bring y' more rum an' gumbo later, oui?"

"... You dirty bastard," Darren grinned, so they were worn not soiled, "Oh? Yeah Stripes?"

Pushing himself to his feet (perhaps a little unsteadily), Gambit turned towards Rogue. "Wan' me t' walk y' to yo' room, cherie?" he offered.

"Hey, weren' exactly plannin', dude. Ah need t' give 'em back - dey're part of her favourite set."

Rogue backed away from Remy and gave Jay a weak smile, "'Kay. Ah could use some company later maybe..." She shook her head at Remy, "Ah'm good... Merci though."

"Right," Darren grabbed the perserve and sprinkles from the cupboard, "Right, let's get him upstairs then," Darren said, "Gambit, wanna lend a hand, you should be introduced to the reality that is college pranks."

So, she was happy to hang out with Jay.. but not him? What the hell was he doing wrong?! Gambit wasn't used to being shot down like this, but not willing to be seen as letting it bother him, he gave an accepting nod. "No problem, cherie."

He turned back to Darren, eyes moving to the unconscious JP. "...Oui, why not? Try anyt'ing once," After all, he'd never had college years before. This was new to him, and while he wouldn't want to be in JP's shoes right now, he didn't want to miss this either.

Rogue set the empty bottle on the counter and gave a small wave to the room, walking out twisting her ring. "Catch y'all later."

Jay stood a little unsteadily, waiting for the flaring wing to stop overbalancing. "Y'all can pack an' carry d' booze, Gede." He hefted JP over a shoulder with a grunt and a grin, patting the unconscious guy's ass. "Later, Rogue."

"Later," Darre watched her leave before shaking his head, "Word to the wise Gambit, look for a diferent fish."

With absinthe still in hand, Remy picked out a few bottles from the table, tucking them under his arm. At Darren's advice, Remy tilted his head. "Y' mean 'cos of de no touchin' t'ing?" he asked as Rogue left the room. "Don' bother me, homme. Dere's a way 'round ev'ryt'ing."

"Yeeeaaah. It ain' dat long since she lost her husband." Jay pulled a face, glancing at the ceiling. "D' touchin's d' least of your worries dere."

Jay wondered how to put it to the new kid, and chickened out. Wasn't his place.

Darren nodded, "She's a beautiful girl ... and she ... well ... at least she used to be nice, but she's damaged, ain't no nice way of putting it, it was sudden loss and has left her with a lot of baggage."

"Husban'?" Remy repeated, looking surprised. So that's what the ring on her finger was about. "What happened t' him?"

"...Uh...he blew up, no easy way t' say it. C'mon, JP's heavy."

"...Dat was after he nearly died of Legacy..."

"Power's malfunction," Darren said, well ... it was sorta true, no need to go into all the messy details with Kevin.

He was joking, surely. At least, Remy wanted Jay to be joking, but the expressions on the two mens faces told Remy that they were being perfectly serious. Wow. No wonder she seemed so... Well, untouchable, in every sense of the word. With a silent nod, he followed Jay as he began to half-drag JP along to the room.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
KayJay
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KayJay »

Later that night, Gambit can't help but wonder at what point he thought it'd be a good idea to do shots, strip, and jump in the lake....

Thank god Jay was there to chaperone him back to bed!
Image Image Image
Awards
"I Remember it Like it was Yesterday..." Award - July 2011
"American Pie" Award - July 2011
"Jush a Little Tipshy" Award - July 2011
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Jay is the best roommate.

And Jean-Paul will be soooo cranky he missed any of that.