6/16 Instance: Renegade Registration

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

current timeline

Jason straightened his name badge, smiling back at his companion as he stepped in, taking a glance around. "It is quite the operation you have here, Mr. Reynolds, yes, we shall make sure this has adequate funding to continue it's important work." He smiled winningly at the man who thought was giving two local politicians a tour in hopes for funding as well. Oh how wrong he was.

"Quite an extensive one at that," Ronnie gave a slow, knowing nod, "you've clearly put a lot of time and money into this, commendable," In the back of her head she was making a mental map of this place, to keep track of the window they'd left the other two waiting outside.

"And to think there's rumour about a funding cut, especially after what has gone on in the city recently. Politicians, they simply don't know what they're doing sometimes...it's why I suppose it's my line of work." Oh yes, lame jokes were part of the cover up. Jason drifted towards the back to look out the very window. "Not a bad location either, hmm?" He slid the window right open, 'taking in the view'.

Ronnie nodded, "Though, I'm afraid I skipped lunch, so I don't suppose we can cut the tour straight to the cafeteria?" Ronnie said, now the window was open they needed to get thier guide away.

Adam looked up from where he was enjoying a quiet cigarette, flicking it away and pulling his mask up and the goggles down, completely hiding his face. There was the signal. He raised his gloved hands, pushing off the ground, peering in and waiting for the door to close before waving down to Reed to join him.

Reed shifted his bag from one side to the other and pulled the small tablet out. He still wasn't too sure about all this but he wasn't going to back out. He took a deep breath and then looked up as the window opened. He looked over to Adam and nodded. They could hear the voices up there, waiting to hear them make the signal and leave. When it finally came, Reed looked to Adam and found him already climbing through the window. He leaned up and follow after him when it was all clear.

"Oh yes, some lunch would be lovely. I hope you don't mind, Mr. Reynolds." Of course Mr. Reynolds didn't mind considering they were leading him to believe a good deal of money was on it's way to him. He exited to lead them out, illusions of Ronnie and Jason's covers going after him. Jason made sure to keep the real people in the room from being seen until Mr. Reynolds was clear.

"That's my favourite part. Hopefully he doesn't stray from them."

"Hopefully he doesn't notice that they won't be eating real food," Ronnie said, shifting back to her true blue self, "Are you two good?" She asked the interlopers.

"No. I think I got some brickdust on my glove." Adam gave her a grin as he pushed up his goggles. "I'm fine." He tightened his gloves, glancing around the room. "Right, where to first?"

Reed brushed himself off and straightened up, holding his tablet he worked on something a moment ", the cameras in the area have been set to look the moments before you got in here."

"You're my favourite employee, I should give you a raise." Jason smiled at Reed, comandeering one of the rolly chairs and having a glance around things. "Well, first we let our stretchy friend here trash things techinicaly, then we start altering files and destroying lovely things. I peg you as a destruction man, am I right?" Jason smirked over to Adam. "Also I think I might steal this chair, it's quite nice."

"Just so long as you don't expect us to carry it for you," Ronnie perched on the end of a desk, "I don't want to stress anyone out but we need to be swift."

"I like breaking things." Adam said simply, leaning against a wall, arms folded, before extending a blade to study and flicking it back in, only to extend it again. His eyes were on Reed as they slowly burnt red, extending his blood sense to encompass the entire complex. "No one near us for now."

Reed sat down in a nearby chair as he worked on the tablet. As he went a small smile spread over his face, a small malicious smile. The nearest computer screen displayed the damage he was causing, as he'd set it to so the others could see his progress.

"Now that's handy, glad to recruit trackers." Jason smiled more, feeling quite confident in the abilities they had managed to collect. "Yes, we don't want to dawdle too terrible much. Have our fun and get out. I don't know how long I can get away with illusioning a conversation I'm not hearing."

"I can tell you right down to blood pressure and type if you really wanted. Never mind the sense of smell." Snktsnakt. Maybe meds would be a good idea...when'd he last take some? Meh. "You know, I could just make him very sick if you want, buy us some time."

"Not unless you have to, the less 'out of the ordinary' events, the better," Ronnei said, watching Reed's scren with keen interest.

Adam grumbled a little at that, eyes on the screen and senses still spread over the compound. "Fine..."

"Here, where you're keeping the look out you can help destroy their paper trails for them." Jason motioned Adam over to what looked to be the main filing cabinet, opeining it up and offering choice files for Adam's stabbing aparatuses to get to stabbing.

Fingers flying over the tablet with a little stretch to them and almost blurred for their speed. Reed's eyes shifted from one thing to the next as the screen of the computer flashed as he moved from folder to folder, file to file. It was less than three minutes later that he lowered the device and the computer screen went back to normal. "Well I'm done."

"Damage report, Mr. Fantastic?" Jason still was highly amused by that name.

Ronnie gave a quick applause.

Adam smirked, pulling out a few small phials of red liquid. He shook it, dropping one into each drawer and closing it. "Scott really needs to learn to keep this stuff locked up." He walked back over to his wall, leaning back against it and flicking a hand. A couple of seconds later and there was a damp, quiet 'wmph' as the filing cabinate suddenly buckled slightly, turning black in places and a couple of puffs of steak-smelling smoke escaped.

Making a face at the name, Reed ran a hand through his hair ", one, I'd wish you'd find a better name for me. Two, all appropriate files have been altered or destroyed and to top it off I've changed the name of every file and folder to the same title." He smiled a bit.

"What title?" Ronnie inquired with a smirk, nose wrinkling at the smell comming from the cabinet.

"Now that's creative." Jason, probably despite better judgement cracked the drawer open, letting some of the smoke out into the room as he looked at the destruction. "Nice, very nice!" He closed it quite happily. "And nicely done, Rubbermaid."

That drew a snort from the mutant in the corner.

Reed smirked a bit ", Kama Sutra." He gave a glare to Jason ", not that."

Ronnie stood up, "Now, now gentlemen, we still have an objective here, where too now Jason?"

"Financials. We get who they're hiring and what their money flow looks like and where we can cut it off the best."

"Well, I suggest you lead the way then." Adam waved at the door. "Careful, though, there's a couple of donuts wandering around...I'll catch 'em if they get too close."

Reed nodded and followed them out. He was thankful he'd worn his normal clothes and his glasses. He was more likely to fit in and be unrecognizeable if he was seen. He held his tablet up ", I'll have the hallway cameras covered."

"Catch some for the rest of us as well?" Jason waited until the cameras were indeed covered before slipping into the hallway, moving down a few doors until arriving at the appropriate office, peering in. to make sure it was clear before motioning the others in.

Adam stepped in last, leaving the door open a crack so that he could still see out into the corridor - he didn't need eyeline but it helped. "I'll try, so long as you don't mind vampire-specific flavouring, mate." The memory of actually 'vampiring' Lorna made him shudder slightly. Oh man. He was friggin' Twilight without the sparklies. Ugh.

Ronnie followed, slipping through the door, "Right, wholesale destruction?"

"Yes, if we just destroy they'll be less likely to suspect we did anything else and will be more likely to write it off as hooliganism to their financiers." Jason nodded. "Gumby, make sure you have all the information before we bust it."

An unhinged giggle came from Adam that time.

Reed worked on the cameras and pulled out a wand and handed it to Jason ", portable scanner. slide it over the document when it's ready and it saves it to the memory card, so you can download it later."

Jason took the wand from Reed, mentally giggling about it and all the lovely things it can do. "Excellent, you get the computers, I get the actual paper books and we all destroy and Toxic'll be sure nobody gives us any side-eye."

"People go boom."

"Try and restrain yourself, Adam dear," Ronnie murmured, "We're meant to be stealthy here."

Reed cracked his fingers and pulled his tablet out again. He grinning and started copying everything he could find.

"I am stealthy. I'm a fucking ninja, remember?" Snkt. "Besides. Things can't sneak up on me. If I don't smell 'em first, I'll feel 'em. Don't worry, Misty, you're in safe hands." Snakt.

"Yes, ninja away." Jason approved very much of this, making quick work of scanning the valuable information. "We should be almost out of here, yeah?"

"And I suppose I just sit here looking pretty, hmmm?" Raven asked with a small smirk.

"Don't you always?"

"Well, dunno about the pretty part..." Adam's eyes flickered as he felt the movement before he saw it. "Shhh." He waved a hand to the others as a shadow started coming down the corridor - a security guard. He spotted Adam as Adam spotted him, hand already going for the radio - before the boy's eyes narrowed and he crumpled, eyes rolling into the back of his head and blood trickling from his nose.

"Ooooooh I'm abooooout....done," he grinned and then looked at the guard. "Oh...."

Ronnie popped her head out of the door and raised an eyebrow, "Less grisly than I expected."

"Now that's handy." Jason approved. "Will he be remembering this?"

"Grisly? He's still alive. I'm not really unstable enough for the Akira thing at the moment." Mentally he added yet to that. He hadn't been taking his drugs, after all. "And probably not, considering that amounted to a stroke." He studied his fingers. "I was nice enough to make the bit that does the memories bleed. Awesome, aren't I?"

Wrinkling his nose up, Reed backed up the files and tucked his tablet away,

"Are we done here then, gentlemen?" Ronnie asked, hopping off the table and brushing herself down, "Are we good for destruction?"

"......Ooooooooh. Blow shit up again? I like blowing shit up. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kinda like sex that way."

Jason answered that question by pulling the paper shredder up to the desk. "Lets get to it, folks, smack things around."

Reed moved back towards the nearest window ", I think you three can handle the desctruction, yes?"

"Those two," Ronnie smiled, waving a hand, "I'm not so destructive."

"Hey! I'm not destructive. I'm creative. All the psychologists tell me so." Adam opened his coat, pulling out some more phials - and glowsticks. "All the things go boom, yes?"

Jason tossed the keys to his apartment to Ronnie. "We meet back at my place, have our after mission celebration." And now was the time for destruction. He simply gave Adam a nod and stepped back. "I'm going to be getting our illusions out, cover our tracks."
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Bad muties, bad! *rolls up newspaper* :shifty
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

But we're good at being bad! :puppy
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oh, most exquisitely bad indeed. Sel wouldn't know whether to admire or spank. Probably both at the same time.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Murphy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Murphy »

:coy ;)
Image Image
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Jason has no problems with this, unless Darren comes for him...Darren and Monet.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

Adam has problems with this, and refers Sel to Jason and Ronnie. Their fault.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Ferguson wrote:Jason has no problems with this, unless Darren comes for him...Darren and Monet.
They'd team up :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

And somewhere Jason is pissing himself in fear at the very idea.