2/26 Instance: Sticky, Speedy, Stabby, and Psycho

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

2/26 Instance: Sticky, Speedy, Stabby, and Psycho

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After the game "Kick for Christmas".

Quicksilver: Pietro glanced between Scott and their captive from the warehouse, waiting for her to wake up. He wondered if it was actually taking a while or if it was just his mutation making him think that.

DrSummers: "Well, she's fine physically - a type of healing mutant." He set the small case of vials of blood in a small refrigerator. "I imagine she'll be waking up soon."

Quicksilver: "Yeah I got the healing part already. I had to break several of her bones to get her to stop." he sighed, "I didn't like having to do that but we need answers from somewhere..."

DrSummers: Scott winced. "That's not good. But we do need answers." He leaned against a counter. "Are you awake again?"

Laura: Laura had been able to hear them talking for a while, but she hadn't bothered with moving. She'd decided her best bet was to pretend that she was still unconscious.

Selene: "Have I missed anything yet," Selene asked, strolling into the room with a large cup in her hand, suckling on the straw sticking out of lid. "How is our guest?"

Quicksilver: Pietro shook his head, "Still unconscious... I hope we didn't do anything too bad to her...." he frowned.

DrSummers: "Nothing as yet. She's fine, physically, but isn't willing to interact with us, i think," Scott said, catching the flicker of eyelids from Laura.

Selene: "Ah, I'm sure she'll be fine," Selene said, grabbing a pen from the nearby table. "Nothing some friendly poking won't fix." She prodded the motionless girl into the side repeatedly. "Poke poke poke.... wakey wakey, pretty priness."

Quicksilver: "I wouldn't do that. She has claws and a bad temper."

Selene: "I'm not too worried." Selene frowned at the girl, taking another sip of her lemonade. "I've tamed worse, after all."

Laura: She wasn't able to keep her expression from twisting at the prodding and experiementally pulled at her bonds before tugging hard. No good.

DrSummers: "Stop that." He pulled Selene away. "That's terrible."

Quicksilver: "Welcome back to the land of the conscious." Pietro moved into the girl's line of sight and gave her a small wave.

DrSummers: "Awake, are we? Fantastic - is there a name I can call you by? I still feel too young to be calling you miss." Scott smiled.

Selene: "Hey, I was only trying to help," Selene said, stepping back. "Besides, it worked, didn't it?"

Laura: Hesitantly opening her eyes, she squinted at the light and then the shadowy figure blocking the light, testing the straps again. She didn't need to talk to them.

Quicksilver: "Would you consider a trade? Your name for mine?"

Laura: Laura shook her head.

Quicksilver: Pietro shrugged at the others, "We can let her go if she tells us what we want to know, right?"

DrSummers: "I suppose we could, Quicksilver. But I remember the bastard she's working for. She might be better off here."

Selene: "How about something more inciting then," Selene offered, crossing her arms. "Your name for getting to stab him once." She thumbed in Pietro's direction. "Surely you must be angry at him for capturing you, no?"

Quicksilver: "Yes but I think it's better if we give her the choice," he gave Selene an alarmed look. He didn't agree to that!

DrSummers: Scott rolled his eyes. Oh boy.

DrSummers: "I don't think so, please stop offering things we cannot reasonably give her."

DrSummers: He turned tot he girl. "Would you like some water? Something to eat?"

Laura: Her gaze drifted to the one known as Quicksilver as she considered that, ignoring their protests. She eventually replied, "I would like to stab him..."

Quicksilver: Oh thank you Selene.

DrSummers: "It isn't going to happen." Scott crossed his arms.

Selene: "And you were complaining about my methods," Selene remarked, rolling her eyes. "Hey, why not? I didn't mention with what to stab him. I would have only given her a blunt spoon, of course."

Quicksilver: Pietro did a few calculations, "Well let's not rule it out...."

Laura: Laura turned her head to frown at them, clenching a fist in order to unsheathe her claws and pulling against the restraints once more. She wanted to stab him with them...

Quicksilver: "What's your name?" Pietro asked calmly, "Then I'll let you."

DrSummers: "Okay, let's dispense with the claws, and the straining - you're not getting free, so you can just suck it up."

Selene: "Anyway, I can imagine you're slightly upset at us," Selene told the tied up girl, pulling over a chair to sit down. "That's perfectly understandable. After all, we kind of ruined your night of shady dealings out in town."

Laura: She considered them, brow furrowing. That was true. There was no way she was breaking through her restraints. She pulled the claws back in, reluctantly answering in a mutter, "Laura."

Selene: "It's a pleasure to meet you, Laura," she said, slightly nodding her head. "My name is Selene."

Quicksilver: "Hello, Laura. I'm sorry I had to hurt you earlier." Pietro was genuinely sorry, he hated hurting other mutants, "I am Pietro."

DrSummers: "Nice to meet you, Laura." Scott looked askance at Pietro. Well it wasn't like Essex didn't have his name on file. "I'm Dr. Summers."

Laura: "Now I get to stab him."

Selene: Selene arched an eyebrow. "Well, I guess she does have a point," she exchanged a look with the others.

Quicksilver: Pietro sighed, moving a hand into range of the claws.

Laura: Laura scowled. "That does not count."

Quicksilver: "We're not going to untie you yet... although you do have no hope of escaping. What do you two think?" He glanced over to them.

Selene: "Are you sure you want to hear my opinion on this," Selene asked, suckling on her straw again. "Personally, I won't say no to the chance of people getting stabbed."

DrSummers: "I say no, absolutely."

Selene: <You know I could probably give the girl what she wants.> Selene transmitted to the other two through a psychic link.

Quicksilver: "Well, I'm the one getting stabbed..." Pietro pointed out, "I'm fairly sure I'll be mostly fine."

Laura: She glanced between them once more. As well as she could that was.

DrSummers: "No. No stabbing. Did you want something to eat or drink, Laura?"

Laura: "No."

Selene: "See? The girl knows what she wants." Selene put her cup on the table. "Enough with the talking, let me untie you." She reached out to put a hand on the Laura's restrains, but moved her palm to the girl's arm.

Quicksilver: <It would be fine for her to stab me but thank you. I do actually have a plan. I'm not completely stupid.>

Selene: Her psyhic senses gently pushed into the surface of their captive's thoughts, flooding her senses with impressions that weren't her own.

DrSummers: "This is just getting weird, now."

Selene: <So do I, and believe me, it's saver that way,> Selene assured Pietro, continuing to feed Laura fake images and sensations.

Quicksilver: <How are we going to deal with the part where I'm not bleeding or in any kind of discomfort?>

Laura: Laura felt her untie one of the restraints and took a slash at Pietro, fairly pleased with herself as the blow connected, though in reality she was just pulling against the restraints once more.

Selene: <I'm sure you should be able to find some leftover blood that no one needs any more in here.> Selene chuckled, maintaining her concentration and keeping the girl in her fake world for a moment longer.

DrSummers: <How about I bandage you?>

Quicksilver: <Where did you tell her she stabbed me?>

Selene: <In the side,> Selene replied, gesturing at the spot. <A little creative staining and bandaging should do the trick, I believe.>

Quicksilver: <I'll get it.> He zipped out to get the required things and came back, removing the top half of his uniform for Scott.

DrSummers: Scott used some sample staining dye on the bandages and wrapped Pietro up dutifully.

Quicksilver: Pietro crushed a vial of his own blood onto the bandages to make sure the smell was realistic just in case she could tell the difference. He fortunately had some in his own lab area from his experiments.

Selene: <You know, we should do shenanigans like this more often,> Selene transmitted, then released their captive from her mental input when she saw that they were done getting creative with Pietro's looks.

DrSummers: <This is so wrong.>

Quicksilver: <Better than my original plan which involved actual stabbings.>

Selene: <I hope the realization that it was me of all people who prevented you from actually getting stabbed doesn't shatter your worldview too much.> Selene smirked at Pietro, then leaned back to grab her cup again.

Quicksilver: <I'll look out for the horsemen of the apocalypse on my way home.>

DrSummers: "Feel better?" He asked Laura, continuing the sham.

Laura: "...Slightly," she answered, considering her work on his side. He was still alive. Sad.

Selene: "See, now you saw that we're trustworthy and true to our word," Selene told her. "And also slightly psychotic."

Quicksilver: Pietro sat down carefully, it wasn't like he didn't know what it was like to suffer these kinds of injuries.

Laura: Laura looked between them and gave a nod. She supposed that was true.

Quicksilver: Pietro glanced between Selene and Scott, "I only have two questions I want to know the answer to at the moment, I don't know about you guys." he feigned a wince as he shifted.

DrSummers: "I have more than two, but please, why don't you start?"

Quicksilver: "I want to know first of all, Where is Rachel Grey? and second of all, "Where did you get all those packages of the drug known as 'Kick'?"

Selene: "I'm actually just here because I'm curious and need to kill some time, but I guess that's a pretty good thing to ask, too." Selene nodded at Scott and Pietro.

Laura: Laura decided to feign ignorance about the first question. She knew exactly where the girl was, as she'd helped capture her. As for the other one... "From whoever supplied Dr. Essex's suppliers."

Quicksilver: "You don't know who that was?" he frowned, giving another convincing wince as he moved to sit up straighter.

Selene: "I like her," Selene remarked, slurping more of her drink.

Laura: "It is not my job to know," she answered simply.

Quicksilver: "And Rachel? Is that not your job to know either?"

DrSummers: Scott nodded. "Okay, how about where Rachel is then? You neatly avoided that."

Laura: "No, it is not my job to know," Laura easily lied, adding, "I did not find it relevant due to my previous statement."

DrSummers: "Look, I'm teacher, I know when kids are lying. One of the tactics is not to mention it at all."

Selene: "It doesn't take anyone psychic skills to realize you don't want to tell us, Laura," Selene commented. "However, may I suggest you reconsider that stance? Simply to make this easier for all of us."

Laura: Her head cocked to the side as she considered the other girl, "Why should I?"

Selene: "Because we will find out, anyway," Selene replied, fixing their captive with an firm look. "It's merely a matter of time, so it really depends on how long you would like to stay tied to this bed."

Laura: Laura frowned as she considered her options.

DrSummers: <Couldn't you just pop into her head and extract the information we need?> Scott crossed his arms again, absently tapping his medical scissors against his side. <She's just going to give us the run-around.>

Selene: "See, we have several psychic mutants at this place, myself included, and while it may take some time to find the right bit of information from your mind and pry it out, there is no doubt we will succeed at it." Selene arched an eyebrow. "However, for the sake of my friend, I would really appreciate if we didn't have to take the long route..."

Selene: <I'm afraid it's not as easy as that, Scott,> Selene responded. <You have to think of a mind as being much like a library - and with memories being as unreliable as they are, the labels on many books have been swapped. Just because I could kick open the door, that doesn't mean I'll find the book I'm looking for right away.>

DrSummers: <Damnit!>

Laura: She turned her head to stare up at the ceiling again, still debating her options. She supposed she had multiple locations to give them, most of which were abandoned. "If I give you the information you desire, I shall be released?"

Quicksilver: "Sure, if it pays off."

DrSummers: "I'd take it if I were you."

Selene: "Naturally, we would have to ask you to enjoy our hospitality a little while longer, until we have our friend back, anyway." Selene tossed in, taking another sip from her drink. "It might taint our newly blossomed friendship if you were to run off and warn your colleagues."

Laura: Laura looked between the three of them as well as she could from her spot on the table, deciding that there wasn't any conceivable way she was getting out of this. She gave a sigh and somewhat reluctantly nodded. She hated giving in. "Fine."
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: 2/26 Instance: Sticky, Speedy, Stabby, and Psycho

Post by Starfish »

Quicksilver: Pietro gave her a smile. Progress.

DrSummers: "Fantastic." Scott reached for her restraints, wary of any sudden muscle tensing.

Selene: "Now that's a good girl," Selene said, giving her a telekinetic pat on the head.

Laura: She just scowled at the patting and slowly let out a breath. Okay. She wasn't going to kill them once she was released...

Selene: "You think it's really a good idea to untie her and let her walk around like this;" Selene asked, looking at the others. "Shouldn't we, like, give her a leash and muzzle?"

Quicksilver: Pietro rolled his eyes, "She's not a dog, Selene."

Selene: "Fine, no muzzle then," Selene gave in and shrugged. "Cuffs seem more sensible, anyway, given her stabbiness."

Laura: "If you let me stab her, I will not stab anyone else."

Quicksilver: Pietro eyed Selene, "I'm okay with that."

Selene: "Don't be silly, as if we'd ever let you stab people," Selene replied, then added. "Pietro doesn't count."

DrSummers: "Sorry, not an option." What on earth is it with people and stabbing each other? <Knock it off the pair of you. this is not comedy hour.>

Quicksilver: <She started it.> Pietro argued, "We could get matching scars."

Laura: Laura gave another heavy sigh, muttering, "Fine."

Selene: "Tempting, but wouldn't that give your wife the wrong ideas?" Selene chuckled and got up from her chair.

DrSummers: <And I'm ending it.> "Okay, Laura, want to give it another go as to where Rachel is?" He asked as he undid her other hand.

Quicksilver: "We could tell her we woke up in a bathtub full of ice," Pietro muttered to Selene with a grin.

Selene: "Ah, that's how the best of nights always end." Selene returned the grin. "We should get a tablet and a map to log the information she gives us."

Quicksilver: "I'll get those," Pietro offered.

Laura: Pushing herself up onto her elbows, she moved to fully sit up as she rubbed at her wrist with one hand, frowning a bit at the question and shaking her head, "I do not know what the place is called, but I can take you..."

Selene: "Really now?" She arched an eyebrow. "That should end up being an interesting field trip if anything."

DrSummers: "How about you point it out on a map instead?"

DrSummers: Scott put a cup of water on the table next to her so she could take it if she wanted.

Quicksilver: Pietro went and got a map for her and a tablet too, it wasn't like it took him long to do these things so it didn't matter if they didn't need them.

Laura: Laura eyed the water and decided against it. It could be poisoned. Not that it would affect her. Maybe. It depended on the dosage. She did give them another frown though, "If you are worried about me lying to you, I can assure I am not when I say I will lead you there. I am obviously at a huge disadvantage here."

Selene: "Oh, I know," Selene replied, revealing a smile. "While it may take some effort to retrieve someones hidden memories, telling if they're lying fortunately is a much simpler task."

Laura: "When are we going then?" she asked.

Selene: She exchanged a look with the others. <We will have to inform the rest of the team fist and make preparations before we can let her lead us out to who-knows-where.>

DrSummers: <Well, obviously. We're not leaving tonight, that's for sure.>

Quicksilver: <Yeah, we don't want to go into this blind... maybe she can give us information on the facility?>

DrSummers: <And anything else we can think of to ask her. Do you reckon she's high up the food chain, or is she an underling?>

Selene: "You will understand if we can't let you lead us out into the dark without taking certain precautions first," Selene told Laura, the smile still on her lips. "This will also give us the chance to talk, and get better acquainted."

Quicksilver: <She seemed to be in charge of the other guys in the warehouse earlier but it's hard to know how high up she is... possibly a similar level to the others we already have, maybe a step lower... it'd depend on his system.>

Laura: She gave a nod.

DrSummers: <It's very regimented and stratified - she's probably not low - such a high volume of drugs is a high priority and according to your report, she seemed to just up and leave the others to their fate, already on high alert for escape if things went bad.>

Selene: <I would like to find out before we run into more of her friends out there,> Selene transmitted to the other two. <Even though time is of the essence. We should start preparing a team while further questioning her.>

Quicksilver: <Yeah I agree Selene, get as much information about what we could be facing as possible and try and prepare for everything... my dad used ferals for certain jobs but he didn't think much of them... she seems more competant than his choices though so Essex probabaly places more trust in them than he did.>

Selene: "See, we understand each other." Selene's smile turned into a slight grin. "I can assure you that you won't have to fear any harm while staying in our care, and we will give you access to any amenities we deem necessary. Also, let me assure you that we're all very much interested in making this as quick as possible."

Laura: Laura nodded again, though she was slightly suspicious about what she deemed necessary.

Selene: <Too bad you had this falling out with your father. We sure could use his help in this case. He probably had someone like Essex on his buddy list, wouldn't he?> She looked over her should to give Pietro a slight smirk.

Quicksilver: <I'm fairly sure I've seen Essex somewhere before so that's more than likely. I have all of his notes though - he kept notes on literally everything.>

Selene: "Excellent! Now, I guess that means we should find you a place to stay while you're our guest." Selene nodded at Laura. <Too bad Essex seems to be rather meticulous when it comes to getting rid of any trails he might leave. Doesn't surprise me, though. Comes with the whole mad scientist job description.>

Quicksilver: <Yeah, dad was good at destroying evidence too. The journals were his personal notes on things. They're an interesting read, actually... my oppinion on him has changed after going through all of those.>

Laura: She looked around, giving a puzzled expression, "I get to stay somewhere else?"

Selene: She nodded at the girl. "You know, I guess I know just the right place where we can lodge our guest for the time being," Selene mused, holding up a finger. "In fact, I'm sure you'll like it there. It has as many people to stab as you could ever want. And the perfect person to keep an eye on you, considering she doesn't ever sleep."

Quicksilver: Pietro internally facepalmed.

Selene: <Notes on crazy and unethical experiments? I might have to ask you to let me borrow those as a good-night read sometime.> She smirked at Pietro again.

Laura: "I do not necessarily require sleep either." Though, sleep was generally nice to get.

Quicksilver: <There's a lot.> Pietro warned, <Hundreds. He kept them for decades.>

Selene: "Well, in that case, I'm sure you'll be a perfect match to keep each other company." Selene made an inviting gesture towards the door. "But perhaps you would like to use our kitchen and the showers first."

Laura: She looked the two and the girl, swinging her legs over the side of the bed before pushing herself off to stand. "Only if you eat first."

Quicksilver: "Ah, music to my ears. I never turn down food."

Selene: "If you have any concerns about getting poisoned, we can just have Pietro regurgitate the food for you," Selene offered. "Would that suffice?"

Quicksilver: ".... No it would not."

Laura: Her face twisted slightly, but she replied, "I am sure I have consumed worse."

DrSummers: "I think taking a bite of the food we give her will do - Pietro is not a bird."

Quicksilver: "Pietro also likes to keep the food he's eaten in his stomach." he nodded sagely.

Selene: Selene nudged Pietro in the side. "I think she likes you." She looked over her shoulder at Scott. "Hey, didn't we find a bird-man the other day? I wonder if it does that..."

DrSummers: He was going to have a chat to Selene about her sense of humour, but after he popped in to see Dai. "I wouldn't know, nor care to ask."

Quicksilver: "Unfortunately, I'm spoken for." Pietro replied to Selene, "And maybe you should have asked... probably too late now."

Laura: "I do not like him," Laura stated firmly, adding, "He broke my legs and arms."

Quicksilver: "In my defence, you tried to stab me first."

Laura: "You prevented my escape. You deserve it."

Quicksilver: "And you got to stab me. I think we're even. I don't heal as fast as you."

Laura: "That is not my problem."

Selene: "Ah, but either of your suffering was for a good cause, so stop the complaining. Both of you." She opened the door for them and stepped out into the hallway. "After you."

Quicksilver: "Hey, you act like being here isn't the best thing ever. You get free food, a place to stay, and a creepy robot lady to watch you not sleep. What's not to love?"

Laura: "I was provided a place to stay and food by Dr. Essex." Her eyebrow did go up though as she trailed along, "Robot lady?"

Quicksilver: "Oh you'll love her."