2/27 Instance: Kung Fu Hustle

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

2/27 Instance: Kung Fu Hustle

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Sticky, Speedy, Stabby, and Psycho

Danny: Danny looked to Pietro, worried. "I don't understand how some girl is supposed to give us answers. It's not this student Rachel, right? So why take her back?"

Pietro: "Because she's working for Essex... and she says she knows where they're holding her. That was a big help." Pietro ran a hand through his hair and debated what else to add to his sandwich.

Laura: Laura was pacing across the giant room, internally keeping count of how many times she'd walked across it. She had tired of talking to the strange robot woman and had opted to just go silent as opposed to keeping their conversation going.

Danny: "So... no one has gotten anything else out of her, besides ... what if's? How do we know for sure that's who she is..."

Pietro: "It's all we have to go on right now. It's a lead. We're going to follow it up even if it doesn't go anywhere." he sliced his sandwich once he was done putting it together then picked up a piece to take a bite.

Danny: "... Can I go see her?" He asked. "I feel like I owe it to the group to at least get acquainted with the person captured. I feel terrible for not being there."

Pietro: Pietro frowned a little, "I don't know... how do you feel about being stabbed?"

Danny: "... She's in the Danger Room... being watched by danger how dangerous can she be? Besides, can't we observe her from the Observation/Control room? You have to have access to that."

Pietro: "I do... but I don't want to make her feel like she's being observed that way...." he frowned a little, "It doesn't seem right..."

Danny: "Neither does getting stabbed in the abdomen, my friend."

Pietro: "Well that depends on how you look at it, Danny..." he gave a small shrug, "She feels trapped and vulnerable, she's going to lash out. If we go up there and make her feel like an experiment, that'll just get worse.... I don't know, maybe I'm over analysing but it's better to be safe than sorry with these things."

Danny: "She doesn't need to know we're there... And if she's not willing to co-operate, then maybe she is only going to receive that treatment." He shrugged. "Pietro, the way I see it, this chick is going to get observed until I feel safe..."

Pietro: "You can observe from close up too, you know. But we can start out in the control room..." he rolled his eyes slightly and went to rinse his plate.

Danny: "Thank you." Danny said, satisfied.

Pietro: He dried his hands then went to get two bottles of water from the fridge, opening one to take a sip and keeping the other one sealed, "Come on then..."

Laura: She'd given up on her pacing and taken to sitting cross-legged in the middle of the room, cheek in one palm as she boredly stared at the floor, studying the reflections caused by the lighting.

Danny: The doors slid open with a swooshing sound and they walked side-by-side into the room.

Danny: "I see Doctor McCoy has the security system armed in there too..." Danny noticed, as the controls were currently locked, in accessible, and all cameras were fixed on all corners and entrances of the Danger Room, as well as the captured girl.

Laura: Popping her claws in the hand that wasn't supporting her face, she experimentally clawed at the floor.

Pietro: "Well it's better to be on the safe side." Pietro moved over to Danger to get updates on her behaviour since his last visit.

Danny: "That's... cute." He said, watching her claw at the floor. "She's like an animal in captivity..."

Pietro: "She's a feral mutant. It's common behaviour. So is pacing, testing the boundaries for weaknesses and eventually accepting their predicament - at least until the door is opened, then all bets are off."

Danny: Danny felt guilty now for the way he was speaking about her earlier in the kitchen, but he wasn't about to admit it. She was still an enemy, one who easily could be responsible for their missing associate and a certain threat to his new fam-friends.

Pietro: "You can stay up here and watch for a bit, if you want but I'm going to go in there."

Danny: "No... I want to join you..." he said, looking at the girl. Guilt filled into the pit of his stomach. But it left room for suspicion and distrust.

Pietro: Pietro headed for the door into the danger room itself, "Hi Laura," he said, after a brief pause for her to register that the door had opened.

Danny: "She has a name?" He asked. "You couldn't have filled me in on this?"

Pietro: "Of course she has a name. And you didn't ask." He rolled his eyes, "Laura, this is... a friend. He wanted to meet you."

Laura: Laura's gaze went between him and the open door, eventually sheathing her claws. There was no way she could make it by him. Then, she focused on the person he'd brought with him, making note of the scent. "...Why?"

Danny: "Because I'm-" He was taken aback. She looked... good. For a tortured product of a madman. She was arguably stunning, in the right circumstances. These were not those circumstances. "I'm interested in knowing what you know. And possibly in making a new friend. Or putting an end to what appears to be an old enemy."

Pietro: Jeez. He couldn't just pick one? Pietro managed to contain another eyeroll.

Laura: She just stared blankly at him.

Pietro: "He wanted to see if you could really help us," Pietro clarified, he moved closer to her and slowly extended his arm with the unopened bottle of water, "Thirsty?"

Laura: "I do not think I have a choice about... helping..." If that's what they wanted to call it. She suspiciously eyed the water before slowly reaching for the bottle, inspecting it.

Pietro: Pietro gave her another smile when she took the bottle.

Laura: Despite the fact that it didn't appear to have been opened, Laura gave it a sniff after twisting the cap off. Seemed to be safe. She took a tiny sip.

Pietro: It was small gestures like this that, Pietro was convinced, would eventually gain her trust. They had to prove themselves to her just as much as she did to them... probably more.

Danny: "Laura... I am Danny." He did a quick courtesy bow before her and approached her, slowly. "I don't want you to feel like there is no choice. No one here would ever try to physically force anything out of you. We have psychics here who could read your mind, provided you have no mental shields or mutant abilities to prevent that. However; we'd rather you work with us. Then we can help you."

Pietro: Pietro contained the impulse to facepalm. Barely. They'd covered this already.

Danny: "Your trust in us, and ours in you, is the safest an quickest way for everyone to gain info."

Laura: Her eyebrow went up, "I do not think you have told me anything I have not already heard. With the exception of Danny."

Danny: "Oh." He looked to Pietro with a sense of 'hey thanks for filling me in dipshit' look, but decided to work past it. "How's about this then. Where do you want to go right now?"

Pietro: Pietro thought Danny should have enough common sense to figure out they'd have told her that already all by himself and wasn't a bit sorry for making him look like an idiot.

Laura: "Preferably through you. Literally. Then, out the door."

Danny: "To where?" He asked again. "Where specifically would you want to go?"

Pietro: "I did tell you..." Pietro pointed out regarding that response.

Laura: "Anywhere that is not here."

Danny: "Hm... Danger, bring us to the Swiss Alps, please. Summer." The grid around them changed to a riverside, lush green grass, flowers, and a beautiful mountainous backdrop. All of it smelling and feeling as real as the Swiss Alps themselves.

Laura: Her nose twitched at the change in scenery, and she cast a glance around, taking careful note of where the door had been and where they were.

Danny: "I'll be honest, this is the first place that popped in my head. Have not actually been here before. I came from Japan, before that China. Never spent a day in the States or outside of Asia since my parents were murdered. I have no recollection of the days before my training. Like spending your whole life in captivity."

Laura: Her gaze went back to Danny, eyebrow going up, "What is the point in telling me this?"

Pietro: Pietro bit his tongue to avoid saying something Danny wouldn't like and went for a walk around.

Danny: "Let me put it this way... I know what it's like to be on the other side of the glass looking out. To feel unwanted, out of place, and generally foreign. I want to offer you something the others haven't yet. I want to offer you a place at this school. For helping us. I don't want you to be trapped in simulated freedom. I want you to have a shot at getting what you deserve. A real life. And answers."

Pietro: Oh lord. This guy. They were far from being able to offer that yet.

Laura: Her brow furrowed, head cocking curiously as she considered that even though her reply was, "I have not helped you yet."

Pietro: "Yeah, one step at a time, Danny." Pietro tossed in.

Danny: "Pietro thinks feeding you and giving you drink like you're a wild animal will help. Like Jane Goodall did to chimps. I know you're better than that. We don't need to bargain with you, you're a human. A mutated human. You want a better life, we don't need to offer you cereal and water to convince you we can give that to you. We can just tell you flat out."

Pietro: "That is exactly what I don't think." Pietro frowned at him. Thank you very much for trying to undermine me, you ass.

Danny: "I can promise you a better life. And I like you. Your intensity, your awareness of your surroundings. I recognize your memorization of exits your eyeing of Pietro and I. You aren't a predator, you're trained."

Danny: "You're smart. And you're better than me, I can tell."

Laura: "I do not trust you to give me these things. Just like my word is not enough for all of you, your word means nothing to me," Laura said, adding, "I have been trained."

Danny: "How well? Computer, provide us with a basic training dojo." The room changed. Danny positioned himself.

Pietro: "Oh for-" Pietro rolled his eyes, "I'll be in the control room...." he headed for the door.

Laura: "Well enough," she answered as she looked around again. She supposed Pietro could come back for the carcass if a fight was what Danny wanted. Laura got to her feet.

Danny: "Two rules. No powers. Besides basic agility. Second, knock outs no death. For the sake of congeniality." He waited for the gong.

Danny: The gong sounded, Danny took his tiger stance and lunged.

Laura: Laura easily sidestepped and swung a leg around, aiming a kick to knock him off balance.

Danny: Danny felt the kick connect but as he was knocked to his side he placed his hand out, performing a half tumble, half sommersault, over and back upright. "First strike a leg kick? Interesting." He came at her with his palm extended but his right fist jabbing as his open hand tried to direct her attention.

Laura: She didn't bother with a reply as it was a waste of time and focus, instead not buying into his trick and knocking his fist aside. She quickly took a step into him and threw a jab of her own.

Danny: He pushed the jab down and fired his knee upwards to launch her fist upwards. He took a shot in her ribs and side stepped to try to avoid any retribution.

Danny: As he fought he realized his feelings had gone from brash opinions of a dirty captive to absolute respect, albeit a smidge of intimidation. She was like a ninja, her techniques her attention to body cues, her awareness of her surroundings. She wasn't just trained, she was a weapon. And he was scared. Impressed... but scared.

Laura: Quickly recovering from the blow to her ribs, Laura dropped and attempted to swipe his legs out from under him at the sidestep because there wasn't many other options with the exception of waiting for him to come at her again.

Pietro: Pietro was watching all of the feeds from the danger room at the same time, keeping his eyes open for any changes that would need to be acted on. Micro expressions were unbelievably helpful.

Danny: He tried to grab her arm and restrain her, hoping to flip her onto her back. She was strong.

Laura: She purposely went with the flip, using the momentum against him.

Danny: "Gah" He felt his arm twist up and then his body get flung backwards.

Laura: Laura moved as quickly as she could, lunging to pin him down, hand automatically going to his throat before she realized that the agreement had called for no powers or killing. Shame. Instead, she gave him a punch in the face.

Danny: He took it and then spat blood as he used his feet to kick her off of him. He sprung to his feet, popping off the ground in a bounce.

Laura: She rolled as her back hit the ground and ended up on her feet, watching him carefully in order to anticipate how to react.

Pietro: Pietro considered that Danger was probably enjoying observing this as much as he was. It was certainly interesting, data wise... and Danny got punched in the face. That was a bonus.

Danny: He ran to her both his fists flying, doing everything he could to not channel his energy into his fists. This was a very... decent fight.

Danny: He came at her with a barrage of fists towards her face, her abdomen, and meanwhile his feet kept busy trying to stamp out her feet or knock behind her knees.

Laura: Laura wasn't having a hard time dodging the punches. It was avoiding being tripped up that took some focus. Well, and looking for an opening. Once she'd found one, she didn't hesitate.

Danny: He felt a knee connect with his just below his ribs. Kidney, maybe? He grunted and tried to grab her face in an attempt to throw her back, but she caught that too.

Danny: Suddenly he was flung halfway across the room. No good.

Pietro: He sighed, supposing he should put a stop to this now. He ran back down into the room and stood between Laura and Danny, "Okay, as fun as this is, you've beat him twice so I think that means you win. Well done."

Laura: She frowned slightly at the interruption, straightening. "Of course I won."

Pietro: Pietro raised an eyebrow at her, a small amused smile tugging at the corner of his mouth.

Danny: Danny coughed as he sat up, trying to figure out how to pop his shoulder in correctly. "We'll see what happens next time..." He pointed out. "When we can use powers. However; restrictions are still needed. I saw those claws." He said.

Laura: "I will win next time as well."

Pietro: "Yes. You don't want to be on the wrong end of those." Pietro patted his side.

Danny: "I have a feeling that confidence is useful. I hope you utilize it well..." He remembered his Master once warning him that confidence is a compass and not a blindfold. He never understood that until the day he claimed he could beat his sparring partner with one hand tied behind his back. The ensuing match dislocated his arm.

Laura: "It is not just confidence," Laura replied, "You are sloppy."

Pietro: Pietro shook his head, grinning a little, "You're fun. I like you." He told Laura.

Danny: "Not for long." Danny said, taking offense to that.

Laura: "We shall see," she stated, not exactly sure how she was supposed to take the other comment.

Danny: "Next time? It won't be easy. Or sloppy. Or fun." he said, directing the last part to Pietro. "However; I have to agree. I like you as well. I hope you choose to stick around."

Laura: "I should hope not. I would prefer a challenge."

Danny: Danny let out a long gust of air that could have only been a long sigh of frustration, and he waved to her. "It was nice meeting you. Sorry about the lock-down situation."

Pietro: "I'm sure there'll be other students that would be interested in testing themselves against someone of your skill," Pietro put in, "If you would enjoy that."

Laura: Laura considered that and gave a slight shrug, "I suppose it would provide entertainment."

Danny: "Send the Matchstick in next. That should be entertaining."

Pietro: "For whom?" Pietro frowned.

Danny: He walked to the door and waited for it to open. When it did, he slipped in, another quick wave, and let the door slide behind him again, choosing not to respond.

Danny: He immediately went to see Dr. Summers.

Laura: She watched him depart and went to retrieve her bottle of water, still keeping tabs on Pietro as she did so.

Pietro: Pietro rolled his eyes a little and looked back up in the direction of the control room, "Is there any environmental setting you would find more comfortable, Laura? And would you like something to eat?"

Laura: "I am not hungry, and I was content with the original setting," Laura answered.

Pietro: "Okay, well if you need anything, just tell Danger and she'll let someone know." The room settled back into its original blankness.

Laura: She gave a nod and found the spot she'd been sitting in, taking her seat once more before sipping at the water.

Pietro: "And as for what Danny said on the way I view this situation... you can probably tell, those are not my feelings. He doesn't speak for me." he wanted to reassure her that the last thing on his mind was that she was some kind of wild animal.

Laura: "Obviously." Laura couldn't think of any way for someone to speak for another person. It didn't seem physically possible.

Pietro: He gave her a small smile, "I can stop by with more water later on if you want, but I'll leave you be for now, I don't want you to get sick of me."

Laura: "That sounds acceptable."

Pietro: "Are you sure you don't want me to bring food? I can bring you pre packaged things that are vacuum sealed if it helps."

Laura: She shook her head.

Pietro: "Alright, if you change your mind just tell Danger. See you later, Laura." he gave her a small wave and headed for the door.