3/5 Instance: Sensational

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

3/5 Instance: Sensational

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: current

Tigra: Tigra had heard tales of the new person in the Danger Room and since she wanted to go there anyway she figured it wouldn't hurt to visit. She slipped into the control room, "Danger...?"

Danger: "You remember my name," Danger stated, her attention divided between the numerous holographic displays in front of her. "Good. So your memory apparently hasn't been affected. Not that I expected it to be. Much."

Danger: With her guest kept entertained in one of her simulations, Danger diverted the necessary minimum of her attention to her visitor. "How can I help you?"

Tigra: Tigra grinned fangily, "My memory's as good as it ever was... I was wondering what else you found out... mostly if it's easy for you to tell when the feral's in control." she hopped up on a chair and rotated slowly as it span, "Kinda wondered if there's maybe a way to give me better control..."

Danger: "Considering it's accompanied by some noticeable changes in your cerebral activity, it's actually quite easy to tell whenever your more instinctual side takes over," Danger replied, and loaded up a representation of her readings, which basically took the form of an intricate web of countless flickering lights.

Danger: "In fact, most strong emotional responses are fairly obvious," she added. "Whether there is a way to influence them... now that's an interesting question, no?"

Tigra: Tigra cocked her head on one side and watched the lights. Oooooh. "Well try not to influence them without warning me first... but I'd be up for experimenting..."

Danger: Arching a mechanical eyebrow, Danger turned to give the student a sideways glance. "An intriguing offer... one I would certainly in interested in taking you up on." She stepped over and held up a hand, the diagnostic tool in the palm humming softly as she hovered it over the spot where the implant should sit.

Danger: "The implant you received was not made with intricate changes in mind, as its purpose was to provide me with data and give you broad neural feedback where needed," she explained. "So right now all it could deliver are unrefined sensory impressions."

Danger: "Anything more sophisticated would require an upgrade - and most likely Dr. McCoy's permission," Danger added.

Tigra: "I don't get to give you permission all by myself? That's not fair, it's my brain..." though she should probably check with Chris first... maybe... he hadn't seemed pleased about the first implant. She peered through the window into the Danger Room itself and watched the stranger.

Danger: Cocking her head to the side, Danger's expression proved more malleable than her mechanical look might let on. "This would only apply if Dr. McCoy were to ever find out about our arrangement, of course," she told the feline mutant.

Danger: "I would be inclined to keep it to myself, not only because he seems to object with me experimenting on his pupils, but also because I sympathize with your position." Danger gave a light nod. "After all, I consider it a prerogative to adjust my own neural network as I see fit. It's only fair to extend the same rights to you."

Laura: Laura skulked around the simulated forest, enjoying it much more than she'd enjoyed the swamp. It didn't smell as bad. ...And, there wasn't a giant Lizard waiting to jump out at her.

Tigra: Tigra turned her head back to Danger to give her another grin, "Awesome... and we can keep it from Chris too? Because I think he'd be more pissed about it than Doctor Hank."

Danger: "I can't see why not," Danger replied, nodding once more. "The only ones I might wish to consult were be some of the more technophile students. A few of them seems to possess remarkable talents and could provide remarkable insight."

Danger: She turned to look through the observation window. "Unlike out most recent addition, who seems to be mostly interested in just stabbing things."

Laura: Speaking of stabbing, she was in the process of pouncing one of the simulated enemies and stabbing them.

Tigra: "Oooh... can I play with her?" Tigra was once again distracted by the new person and leaning to watch her through the window again.

Danger: "I was only told to not let her out until the team is prepared to leave, but know nothing of any rule regarding visitors," Danger remarked. "So I see no reason not to meet her - the aforementioned affection for stabbing notwithstanding."

Danger: "If anything, it will provide me with more interesting data regarding your mental and emotional processes." Danger accompanied Tigra to the lift down.

Tigra: Tigra grinned, "I've been stabbed before. It hurt but I got better." she hopped into the elevator, "I promise to be careful."

Danger: "I will stay close by to make sure none of you actually gets killed or something equally inconvenient," Danger offered, taking the ride down with the student.

Tigra: Tigra giggled, "I'm sure I'll be fine but I guess it'll be more fun for you to watch this way."

Laura: Laura paused at the sound of the lift and sniffed. New person. She wandered over to Danger and curiously eyed the other girl, head cocking to one side.

Tigra: Tigra's tail swished slowly behind her as she scented the air too, also eyeing the other girl curiously.

Danger: Danger looked between the two mutants. "If this will conclude with you two sniffing each other's behinds, I will return to my work right away," she commented.

Tigra: Tigra slowly turned her head and raised an eyebrow at Danger, "I'm not a dog."

Laura: "Obviously," Laura commented.

Danger: "You know there is reason for concern when the artificial intelligence is the only one with a sense of humour around." Danger wished she had actual eyeballs to roll.

Tigra: "I have a sense of humour... I just left it in the control room..." she turned her attention back to the new person. "Tigra." She introduced herself, holding out a hand to the girl.

Laura: She eyed the hand before hesitantly reaching up to shake it, stating, "Laura."

Tigra: Tigra smiled and shook her hand briefly before releasing it, "Nice to meet you." she looked around at the setting, her tail curling and uncurling around her legs. Her favourite.

Danger: "No scratching, stabbing, or biting?" Danger studied the two mutant girls. "How unexpectedly civil... I was hoping for a more exciting first meeting." She paused to study the readings displayed on one of her virtual panels.

Laura: "I could stab her if you would prefer..."

Tigra: Tigra shook her head, "No thanks... that hurts..." she eyed one of the trees and sprang up into the lower branches to peer down at Laura, her tail ticking from side to side.

Laura: "Well, I was speaking to Danger. I did not give you a choice in the matter," Laura replied, frowning slightly. Surely she couldn't expect her to go after her like the lizard guy did...

Danger: "Tempting, but I believe that could be regarded as neglecting my duties as Xavier's jailer, which I apparently was turned into without even being consulted first," Danger replied. "Besides, if all I wanted to do was give Tigra pain, there are easier ways to accomplish that."

Tigra: "I think I should get a say... I like not being stabbed... or in pain," she frowned, climbing further up into the tree.

Laura: Laura simply shrugged as she carefully watched Tigra, debating the fastest way to get up there.

Danger: "Too bad, that would have been the simplest stimulation your implant can manage," Danger replied. "Any other sensation will require a certain amount of trial and error."

Tigra: "I know they're programmed for pain, I thought that was why it was in there...."

Danger: "Initially, yes, but since we decided to try and enhance its functionality, we might have to conduct some experimenting to find out what works and what doesn't." Danger proceeded to monitor the readings she received, while continuing to observe the two female mutants.

Tigra: "Well later for that..." she blinked down at Laura, cocking her head on one side again, "What do you do all day?"

Laura: "I sit in here," she answered simply.

Tigra: "And do what? Just nothing?" That sounded so boring...

Laura: "I did scratch the floor, but Danger did not appreciate it..."

Danger: Danger gave them a look from the distance, her gaze actually conveying her disapproval. "I'm quite certain you wouldn't appreciate strangers leaving their scratch-marks across your home, either."

Tigra: "Is that why you gave her trees?" Tigra looked over at Danger instead.

Laura: "I was not stabbing the trees. That would serve no point when there's people to stab in the trees..."

Tigra: "They're fun to scratch..." she demonstrated, extending her claws and dragging them down the trunk.

Danger: "I was considering requesting a real scratching post," Danger remarked.

Laura: Laura cocked her head to the side and clenched her fist, unsheathing her own claws before burying them in the trunk of the tree in order to pull herself up to the nearest branch.

Tigra: Tigra grinned and hurried along her branch, jumping off and into the next nearest tree, burying her claws in the branch she grabbed to pull herself up.

Laura: She frowned and leapt for the nearest branch in an attempt to catch up, barely making the grab and scowling as she attempted to move closer to the trunk in order to get a hold with the claws in her feet. However, she was quite pleased she'd chosen a sturdy one. It would be unpleasant to fall...

Tigra: Tigra was in her element, scampering along branches and leaping from tree to tree. Fuuuuuun!

Laura: She managed to hoist herself up and went for another branch, much more successful this time.

Tigra: Tigra paused a few trees away and mewed in amusement at the game of chase.

Danger: Some people might have found it entertaining to watch the two clawed mutants as they scampered between the tree-branches, but for Danger the scene definitely lacked in excitement. She concluded that a bunch of acrobatic ninjas would improve matters drastically and quickly made some on-the-fly adjustments.

Laura: Eventually, Laura gave up on trying to jump from branch and dropped to the ground in an open area, rolling to break her fall. She paused and quickly scanned the area, going completely still.

Tigra: Tigra stopped too, when unfamiliar scents filtered through. She also went completely still except for her ears which turned this way and that to find the source of the scents.

Laura: She slowly made her way back toward the trees, intending to find some sort of cover. However, the only thing she got for her troubles was a ninja coming at her from above.

Tigra: Tigra pounced on a ninja she spied skulking in the shadows and chewed on them.

Danger: Now the chewing was a move that even took Danger's tactical routines by surprise. "A strange approach, though not entirely ineffective," she commented.

Laura: While she went down, Laura managed to twist around and give the poor ninja a jab in the side, quickly getting to her feet to go for the next one that had revealed itself.

Tigra: The ninja stopped struggling once she'd held on long enough and she leapt off to stalk and pounce the next one.

Danger: Danger noted that their involuntary guest again displayed noticeable experience when it came to violence - from what she could tell, something quite unusual for humans her age. The nature of her claws raised some interesting question, as well. She would have to inquire about those.

Laura: Laura ducked a kick, countering with a trip before slamming her claws into her downed opponent and moving on once more. She sniffed at the air and headed for the nearest unfamiliar scent, listening carefully for any movement.

Tigra: Tigra circled around behind another, the pads on her hands and feet allowing her to move completely silently and the stripes breaking up her outline well enough to camouflage her. She crouched and waited for them to get a little bit closer then leapt onto them, digging in her claws and scratching at them.

Danger: Interested in provoking the responses she was curious about, Danger assigned the larger group of ninjas to team up on Laura, while making some modification to the opponent she send after Tigra; instead of the regular melee weapons, this one was to wield a flaming torch.

Tigra: Fire bad! She jumped up into the nearest tree to hide..

Laura: She growled as multiple ninjas came at her and worked to dodge or block as well as she could, waiting for a moment to strike. One down... Now, two... Only a few more. Well, probably more than a few, but she was a bit too busy to count.

Danger: Danger made sure to precisely monitor the neural activity Tigra's chip recorded when her instinctual side took over. These readings would prove useful. Laura's response didn't disappoint either, with most of the opposition taken down in a surprisingly fast and effective manner.

Tigra: She paced the branches of the tree she was in, trying to find a way to attack them without getting hurt herself. She remembered the last time she'd been hit by fire. That had hurt a lot.

Laura: She frowned down at her fallen opposition and sniffed again, brow furrowing. She smelled something burning. Checking to make sure all the ones she'd defeated were actually defeated, Laura started that way, pouncing on the guy with the torch from behind.

Tigra: Tigra watched her attack the guy with with the torch, her head cocked on one side. She mewed gratefully at her from her perch.

Laura: Pulling her claws from his back, Laura went to smother the torch, as she did not feel like having to withstand a forest fire.

Danger: "Well done," Danger said when the last opponent fell. "Quite impressive for someone your age. I'm sure your new friend also appreciates the assistance." She looked up at the feline mutant. "I hope you don't mind that I deliberately triggered an instinctual response, but I required the information about their actual working, to better extrapolate any mechanisms to suppress them."

Laura: Sheathing the claws, Laura simply gave a nod in response to the compliments. Of course she'd been fine. Ninjas were easy targets.

Tigra: She hopped down from the tree and straightened up, "It's fine..." she ran a hand through her hair.

Danger: "Very well." She nodded. "In fact, I would like to try something." Danger tasked part of her program to work the neural response she received through the implant into simulated subroutine, before loading it into her own network. She then had the room generate a small camp-fire nearby.

Danger: "Interesting," she commented, holding out a hand at the fire as she watched it. "I actually experience an... almost fearful sensation."

Tigra: Her tail stilled behind her and she watched the fire intently, her ears flicking back and forth as she waited to see what it did.

Laura: She eyed the fire a bit, looking between the other two before going to plop down next to it.

Danger: "I'm sure I can work with that to find a solution for your problem," Danger said, reducing the intensity of the fire, feeling her own discomfort at it subside. "I integrated your neural response to the fire into my own program, to experience exactly what you did."

Tigra: Once the fire was smaller, she cautiously approached it and sat down - further away from it than Laura was. "Got set on fire one time..."

Laura: Laura raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

Tigra: Tigra nodded, "During a riot..."

Laura: She considered that and gave another nod, "Dr. Essex used fire to test my healing factor once."

Danger: "You see, my offer to help you was not entirely altruistic," Danger said, joining the two young mutants. "By monitoring human cerebral processes, I aim to reproduce simulations to include into my own neural network."

Danger: "You don't have to be concerned about me doing that, however," she assured them. "I doubt the experience of being set on fire is one I would value to share."

Tigra: "Hurts." Tigra tossed in helpfully.

Laura: Laura shrugged, "It healed."

Danger: "Without a doubt," Danger commented. "I'm sure you and me both would rather gather data on more... positive responses. The endorphin rush when sampling your preferred food, for instance."

Tigra: Tigra nodded, "Or sex. That's way fun."

Danger: "Undeniably, judging by the frequency humans engage in it, even for non-reproductive reasons." Danger gave them a curious look. "Would you be opposed to let me monitor your neural activity during the process? I would highly appreciate it."

Tigra: She shook her head, "Nope. If I was bothered by any of that I wouldn't have let you put it in there. You can monitor all the time if you want." she smiled.

Laura: She found this bit of the conversation to be of no interest to her, however she was hooked at the mention of food. "Is there ice cream?" she abruptly asked.

Danger: "Excellent!" Danger nodded. "I can leave the room if you would prefer privacy - the range of the implant certainly allows it. That is, if our guests wouldn't mind helping out with that experiment, as well."

Tigra: "Oh yeah, I think Chris wouldn't like it... and it's supposed to be a secret..."

Tigra: She looked over at Laura, "You want ice cream? I can get ice cream..."

Laura: Laura glanced to Danger, "Am I allowed to have ice cream?"

Danger: "Since I don't require food, I don't keep any around for consumption, naturally;" Danger replied. "The mansion's freezer is well stocked, however. Or so I was told."

Tigra: "Why wouldn't you be allowed ice cream?"

Laura: "I am not allowed to leave this room, and I was told I would only be provided with what was deemed necessary."

Tigra: "I'll get you some ice cream. I can go right now if you want?"

Danger: "I assume this would be acceptable, as long as you try to keep any from seeping into sensitive devices," Danger remarked.

Laura: "I believe I can manage that."

Tigra: "Do you have a preferred flavour?" Tigra asked as she got to her feet.

Laura: She shook her head.

Tigra: "Okay, see you in a few." she smiled and headed for the door. "And I'll get cheesecake for your experiments, Danger."