3/18 Instance: Friday Night Freak-Out

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

3/18 Instance: Friday Night Freak-Out

Post by Starfish »

Marrina: Marrina sat in the corner of the rec room hiding from everyone as she cried, she didn't want anyone to see her breaking down.

Penny: Peeking her head into the room, Penny discovered that the gaming console was hers for the taking. She hopped onto the couch and fished for the remote and controller, ready to get comfortable in her favourite spot when she heard the soft crying from behind the chairs.

Penny: With a slight frown on her dface, she put down the remote and went to investigate, climbing on the chair and taking a careful look over the back.

Marrina: Marrina tried to stop crying so the weird looking girl wouldn't know what's wrong.

Penny: When the other girl looking up at her, Penny put on a smile and gave her a slight wave. Then, still leaning over the back of the chair, she simply continued to looks at her.

Marrina: Marrina bit her lip and tried not to stare at the girl. Why did everyone look so scary?!

Penny: After several seconds of awkward silence, Penny reached for her trusty old blackboard and a piece of chalk, then wrote a "Hello!" in big, friendly letters on it. She held it above the chair so Marrina could see it.

Marrina: Marrina gave her and awkward wave and backed a little away. "H...hi."

Penny: Penny cleared the chalkboard. "Are you alright," she wrote next. "Why do you sit all by yourself back here?" Holding it up again, she kept smiling at the distraught looking girl.

Marrina: "Fine..." Marrina rubbed her arms a little.

Penny: Tilting her head sideways, Penny watched her with a mix of curiosity and concern. "Are you sure," read the chalkboard next. "You don't look fine." The red skinned girl kept on peeking over the top of her little board.

Marrina: "I... I'm fine." She wiped a tear from her eye when she thought Penny wasn't looking.

Penny: A frown appeared on Penny's face, and she quickly wiped the chalkboard clean again. With the tip of her tongue tucked into the edge of her mouth, she scribbled "Want to talk about something?" followed by a smiley face. Then she let the board dangle from its cord, right in front of Marrina's face.

Marrina: "N..no." Marrina looked at her claws.

Penny: Penny bit her lip and hesitated for a moment, unsure how to respond. Eventually the smile returned, and she pulled up the chalkboard to write another message. "Maybe you want to play a game with me. It's more fun when you're playing together."

Marrina: "I.. uhmm okay."

Penny: Her smile turned into a grin, right before Penny jumped off the chair and knelt down in front of the large TV set. "What to we want to play?" She held up her chalkboard, while shuffling through the large collection of games.

Marrina: "I uhmm anything?" She was still trying to hide from her a little.

Penny: Penny put on a thoughtfully expression, then smiled and nodded at Marrina. "How about something easy and fun," she suggested, before putting her chalkboard down and picking the newest compilation of casual co-op games.

Marrina: "Sure..." Marrina grabbed a controller.

Penny: Penny put the game in, hit the switch, then dove onto the couch to lounge next to Marrina. Smiling at the other girl, she grabbed her own controller, personalized through the generous amount of duct tape wrapped around it, protecting it from getting worn out by her claws too much.

Marrina: "Y..you're not gonna hurt me right?"

Penny: Turning to give the other girl a look, Penny blinked, the question taking her by surprise. She quickly fished for her chalkboard. "Of course not! Why would I do such a thing? I like you!"

Marrina: "I don't know...." Marrina bit her lip. "You just... look sharp..."

Penny: The smile returned to Penny's face. "That just means I have to be careful when hugging my friends," she wrote on her chalkboard. "I always try to be extra careful not to scratch anyone."

Marrina: "O...okay." She bit her lip and spread her fingers a little. I guess I have no room to judge anyone....

Penny: Penny paused for a moment, casting a sideways glance at Marrina, then raised her board again. "I'm not scaring you, am I?"

Marrina: "No... I... yes." She frowned. "Sorry. I know you won't hurt me I'm just overreacting."

Penny: "No need to feel sorry," Penny assured her, smiling past the edge of her chalkboard. "I know I look a bit scary, and I love to prowl and snoop about - but I promise to always be extra careful."

Marrina: "Everyone's scary here....." Marrine bit her lip.

Penny: Penny arched her eyebrows. "Aww, don't you think that," she wrote, revealing her message with a pair of puppy eyes. "Everyone is really nice here." She frowned, then added another word. "Mostly."

Marrina: "I... uhmm yeah most of them are.... I just I don't know. There's so many people here that could hurt me for no reason..."

Penny: "Like Professor Farouk when he doesn't see you sitting on his chair?" Penny smirked, then replaced her line on the chalkboard. "But I'm pretty sure no one here would do anything to you on purpose."

Marrina: "I... uhmm..." Marrina frowned. "I know. But I just, I get scared."

Penny: Penny cocked her head and gave Marrina a curious look. "Maybe you just need to spend a little more time with everyone," she suggested. "Then you'll find out you don't have to feel scared of anything."

Marrina: Marrina shook her head furiously "N...no. I don't like big group stuff."

Penny: "...or maybe just with few people at the same time," Penny adjusted her suggestion. "Like we do right now."

Marrina: "I uhmm maybe. I just I'm trying and it gets overwhelming."

Penny: Penny bit her lip and frowned. "I hope I'm not doing that right now," she scribbled on her chalkboard. "I didn't mean to bother you."

Marrina: "It's okay... This is better than that creepy lizard guy..."

Penny: She smiled in relief and nodded, assuming she was talking about Curt. "Oh, I know. He can be a bit scary. But mostly just fun." Penny thought for another moment, before adding another line. "Maybe you should try to get to know someone less lizardy first?"

Marrina: "Sue's my room mate. And there's Melati but she's lizardy too..."

Penny: "I don't think she tried to eat anyone yet, though," Penny remarked, nodding thoughtfully as she held up her chalkboard.

Marrina: "He's tried to eat someone!" Marrina's eyes popped open.

Penny: Penny bit her lip and glanced sideways, an awkward expression on her face. She hastily grabbed her chalkboard, wiped it with her arm, and broke off some bits of chalk as she scribbled away. "Oh no, of course not! I'm pretty sure he really tried to do that." She smiled sheepishly.

Marrina: "I... I think I'm going to go hide in my room now....."

Penny: "I'm sorry," Penny replied, a sad look on her face. "I didn't mean to scare you."

Marrina: "I uhmm... I'll see you later." She looked around the room completely freaked out now.

Penny: Puttinf down her chalkboard, Penny raised her hand to tentatively wave at the other girl, a hint of sadness in her expression.

Marrina: Marrina walked off slowly then once she was out of the room took off in a run.