5/2 Instance: Unstabled

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/2 Instance: Unstabled

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Herald> The cell's were slightly more interesting for those already loyal in that they were permitted reading materials, which was why Clarice was sat at a desk in her cell with a copy of the Theory of Evolution. It was not something she would have read before her awakening, and it was true that she still struggled to read, but the Master hand instructed her to do so and thus she did as the Master said.

<Hope> Hope still found it far more enjoyable to show Essex exactly why she was far superior to him in every possible way. As such, she was in the middle of her work out routine, beefing up for just the right opportunity to squash that little bug under her foot.

<Teagan> Teagan banged her forehead repeatedly into the wall. Maybe, if she was lucky, her head would break open. Then she could maybe squish her brain... if she could beat the healing factor. Or not pass out, first.

<@Herald> "Cease your ridiculous rebellion, Death, you shall just stall the Master's plan, not stop it, and in doing so you will incur his anger," Clarice called out in a bored tone, "all you will truly accomplish will be your own pain and depriving the others of their rest."

<Hope> "Who died and made you boss? If she wants to whack her head on the wall let her whack her head on the wall!"

<Teagan> "I dare you to come stop me." she said as her head began to make a wet *thack!* sound against the floor now.

<Teagan> Maybe I can get her just angry enough to toss an eyeball or something outta here... It as hopeful, risy... and unrealistic.

<@Herald> "I am not permitted to leave my cell without the Master's permission," Clarice replied tonelessly, "or I would, for I am loyal to the Master and will not suffer any setbacks to his plan."

<Teagan> "Oh gosh, I hadn't thought of that. Well let me ask you something, oh faithful-servant, what makes you think we're going to jump on the same page?" She didn't want to think about the terrible things that would force her to change her mind.

<Hope> "Awwww such a good loyal dog, Harold. Maybe he'll get you a cookie today."

<@Herald> Clarice didn't even look up for her book, "I was like you, at first. I resisted, fought against the destiny that the Master had in store for me. He and his servants did such ... terrible things. But through the fire and the pain we are reborn, and now I see that He is right, the light of the Master's glory has obliterated the darkness of doubt and disagreement."

<Hope> "We could put you on a Hallmark card for the gloomy."

<@Herald> "Soon, you too will recieve the revelation, we are all of us blessed, instruments of the new age."

<Hope> "Funny thing is, if you have to torture people to get them to join your side, you're probably on the wrong side to begin with."

<Teagan> "Wait... I... I think I'm having it. The revelation!" She stood up suddenly and reached up for the sky (which she of course couldn't see). "Yes! I feel it! The light of the master passing down over me!"

<@Herald> "Pain is the path to enlightenment. Pain is necessary for new life. We must all go through the birth pangs untill we discover our true selves, He has taught me that."

<Teagan> She dropped to her knees and pretended to weep. Then she stopped suddenly. "Nevermind, it was gas." She sat back on the floor and now began to bang the back of her haid against the wall.

<Hope> Hope stopped her push ups and sat on the edge of her bed to rest. Hope laughed heartily at Teagan. "So tell me something wise Harold... what flavor of Kool-Aid was it? Red? I do like red kool-aid."

<@Herald> "Do not worry, I understand your skeptecism and scorn, I do not blame you for it my sisters, for soon you will understand how foolish you are being."

<Hope> "I was worried? Oh dear sweet Harold, please tell me what else I feel."

<Teagan> "I wonder if I can get him to kill me? He's clearly powerful enough to do that. Think he can? I bet he can."

<Hope> "I'm still betting on you'd bleed out before anyone noticed."

<Michael> "Can I get a cigarette this crap is bringing my buzz down." He yawned.

<Reed> Reed sighed and took a deep breath ", they would either let her die or find a way to heal her and then brainwash her further."

<Hope> "Good morning sunshine. You're just in time to join our debate on applesauce versus kool-aid."

<Teagan> Teagan's eye brows arched. "Oh... you as well, huh Michael?" She listened to the second voice. "And if that isn't the ever-logical-Rubber-Band-Man. The heck are you doing here?"

<@Herald> "Pestilence is correct, I am afraid, only the fittest are worthy of the new world."

<Hope> "They are here for the refreshments."

<Michael> "I prefer applesauce." He scratched his head a little.

<Teagan> "Pestilence?" Teagan didn't like the sound of that. Was Reed already halfway there? His tone sounded more cynical than realistic, but she couldn't see him. She figured she'd try.

<Reed> "I'm here because karma thinks it's funny, I think. Also, apparently, I'm to be Pestilence," there was definite sneer in his voice

<Teagan> She breathed relief knowing he was taking this as seriously as the others. If the logical, intuitive one fell? They were all doomed.

<Hope> "Personally, I'd rather not be a robot like Harold."

<Teagan> "Wait, if I'm Death and you're Pestilence... does that make Hope the Blue Lantern?"

<Hope> "Oh that's such a cooler name than War! I want to be the Blue Lantern!"

<@Herald> "Our wants are irrelevant, we shall be what the Master demands. And she is War."

<Michael> "Does that mean you have the cigarettes?"

<Teagan> "Wait, War?" Uh-oh. This was starting to sound familiar. You didn't grow up in the south by parents who believed being homosexual was wrong and not learn a thing or two about some biblical phrases, specifically the ones about hellfire and God Glory.

<@Herald> "There are no cigarettes, Famine."

<Hope> "No fun, Michael. Why do you think Teagan is play wall ball with her head?"

<Michael> "Ugh I'm gonna be a real bitch soon then."

<Teagan> "Famine?" She snorted. "Michael, did you hear? You're going to starve people."

<Hope> "Hey Harold? You got a measuring tape? I think I'm losing weight. Must confirm. I'll look extra hot this summer!"

<@Herald> "You could ask the doctor to measure you when he comes through?" Clarice suggested, marking her place in the book and stretching out her arms.

<Hope> "I'm convinced he just wants to cop a feel."

<Teagan> "I don't get it, why am I death? That's so obvious." She felt short-changed. "Can't I get... Life? Or something. I want the White Ring. I want to be Martian Manhunter."

<Michael> "They do know I grow shit right?" He laughed a little. "I'll do a little dance if I can get at least some pipe and a little tobacco."

<Reed> "And I'm Pestilence. I'm going to spread disease and kill everyone," he wrinkled his nose ", predictable they'd take the scientist."

<Hope> "Make love, not war baby." Hope went back to her workout.

<@Herald> "All will be made clear in time, brother's and sisters," Clarice stared at the clock on her wall, another luxury for the loyal, "and then the great work will begin!"

<Teagan> "I bet we have to write an essay about how sorry we are." She joked. It made her feel better that they could still joke.

<Reed> "Your preaching is making me want to vomit, Clarice," Reed groaned.

<@Herald> "Clarice is dead, I am the Herald."

<Teagan> "Oh, beautiful." She groaned.

<Hope> "I wish she was dead, then at least you'd be silent."

<Teagan> "If she was dead-dead, I could've dealt with this hours ago." Maybe. She realized besides her healing there'd been no voices, no sensation of dead things beneath her feet.

<Michael> "I'll give ya some loving Hope." He laid back on his bed.

<Teagan> Can we use powers? She wondered.

<Hope> "No thanks, Michael. I've met your girlfriend."

<Teagan> "Hey! I could use some loving!" She looked around for something electrical. Nadda.

<Michael> "I'm sure she'd let you join. She's pretty kinky."

<Reed> "I'm going to need a vacation when all this is done," Reed sighed.

<DrEssex> The squeak of the wheel announced who it was coming down the corridor and the slight humming let all who could hear Dr. Essex know that he seemed quite pleased this day...or night...it was getting hard to tell considering the guards seemed to have very erratic schedules for the lights in the cells.

<@Herald> Clarice (who was the only one who knew what time it was of the day or night, stood to attention next to her char when she heard the sound, "Hello Doctor."

<Teagan> Teagan didn't hold her breath. She had a gut wrenching feeling she knew what was coming.

<Teagan> "What's up slimeball?" She spat.

<Hope> "Ohhh is Dr. McCrazy here?!"

<Reed> Reed stared at the ceiling and shuddered at the sound of the cart.

<DrEssex> He brought his card out, swiping at Reed's door and wheeling his cart in, waving the assistant in with the chair. "Hello Pestilence, how are you today?"

<Teagan> Teagan didn't like the sound of that. "Reed... if you can... do what you need to. You're an X-Man."

<DrEssex> "Oh, have you been chatting?"

<@Herald> "Death has been attempting to injure herself again, doctor," Clarice piped up.

<Hope> "And Harold has been telling us how sexy she finds you."

<Teagan> "She wants your bod." Teagan confirmed.

<DrEssex> "Well, luckily enough she seems to be pretty hard to destroy. I will check in with you all soon enough. Pestilence, however, it seems that our plans for you are in motion. It's time to get you ready my dear boy."

<DrEssex> "So, if you would, please have a seat in the chair."

<Reed> Growling a bit, Reed forced himself o sit up ", and if I tell you no?"

<Hope> Hope grinned. Go Reed go! Rebellion!

<Teagan> Strangle him she thought, her eyes shut tightly. She was practically praying. Strangle him, wrap around him like a snake, squeeze the life out of him. Make his ribs pierce organs and have him vomit up his stomach contents as you constrict the evil out of his eyeballs..."

<@Herald> "It is easier to submit, Pestilence, believe me."

<DrEssex> "Well, if you tell me no then I give you an extra dose and my assistant smacks you upside the head and manhandles you into the chair. Either way it ends the way I choose it to be but I would rather not have you hurt before your debut comes up."

<Hope> "If it were such a great cause you wouldn't have to go to such extremes, McCrazy. Alas, your mission fails."

<@Herald> Clarice walked to the front of her cell and placed her hands against the door, "Doctor, do you mean that the hour is at hand? That the Master's plan is comming to fruition?"

<Teagan> Just kill him, Reed. Just end it... save us all... Don't go down. Please... not you.

<DrEssex> "It nears, Herald. We will be finishing with Pestilence's preparations soon and then you both shall go retrieve it." Essex explained, waiting for Reed to make his move.

<Teagan> Teagan pressed her hand on the wall nearest to Reed's cell, as if reaching out to touch him or whoever she could for some sort of comfort or confidence that this was not the end. "Don't go down without a fight, Reed." she whispered.

<@Herald> "Oh, great and glorious day!" Clarice declared, "My soul yearns to do the Master's bidding, I am blessed indeed to be his mouth piece and Herald, soon we shall all take our place at his right hand!"

<Reed> "No. I will not get into your chair. I will not submit."

<Hope> "Zombies don't have souls." Hope politely told Clarice.

<DrEssex> Essex merely motioned his assistant forward, stepping back and letting the man do the rough housing that he was for.

<Reed> Reed did his best to try and get out of the "assistant's" grasp.

<@Herald> "Soon the true Pestilence will be amoung us, my brothers and sisters, and he will seperate the weak from the strong, and the weak shall be crushed and a new world will be ushered forth in His image!"

<Teagan> "I take offense to that, Hope." she said, craning her neck to the direction of Hope's voice.

<Hope> "Well, in the movies they don't." Hope tried to shush Teagan so she could hear what was happening with Reed.

<Reed> Reed slammed the assistant into the wall to try and get him off of him.

<Teagan> Teagan rolled her eyes. She listened to Reed's resistance. Go, Reed!

<DrEssex> "Do I need to remind you that we are working on a schedule? Finish him."

<@Herald> Clarice shook her head, "I warned you not to resist, Pestilence."

<Hope> "Come on Reed!"Hope encouraged him.

<Michael> "Kick his ass! Go for his balls!"

<Reed> There's a resounding crash and a scream from Reed's cell.

<@Herald> "I warned you."

<Teagan> Teagan hung her head. "We're doomed."

<Hope> Hope sighed and sat down at the foot of her bed. Well this sucked. One down... only three left to fight.

<DrEssex> The door hissed open and the cart's wheel squeaked more as Essex led the way out for his assistant and the limp body in the chair, humming again as he went.

<@Herald> Clarice shook her head and returned to her desk, they didn't understand just how blessed they were, but they would soon, so soon.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 5/2 Instance: Unstabled

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I love that we're back in the swing of things! Awesome!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 5/2 Instance: Unstabled

Post by Slarti »

Creepy, people. Good job!