5/8 Instance: Professionalism

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

5/8 Instance: Professionalism

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: A couple of days or so after [Instance]Battle After Wounded Knee.

Danny: Danny frowned as he pulled out the next file on his laptop. "Not... enough... information."

Jessica: "What's up?" Jess stepped into his room with her usual tray of tea and whatever she'd felt like making with what was in the kitchen to eat.

Danny: "Ooh! Fish fingers!" He got excited that finally someone had brought him a fried delectable instead of vegetable-based organic crud. He loved it usually, but not when he was recovering.

Danny: And not when he was studying his target. "Not a lot of progress. History of the group, that's about it." He took the tea, and winked. "Thanks."

Jessica: "No problem..." she took her usual seat on the edge of the bed, "Nothing useful in there?"

Danny: "Well... lot's about their code of ethics - none - their formation - boring -, and they have a lot in here about what they do now."

Danny: "Which is to say... expressly assassinations for the highest bidder. No one really runs the organization anymore, they've had no leader (no true leader that is) for nearly a century."

Jessica: "But then.... how are they organised at all? Who takes the bids? Who decides who gets the money?" She frowned.

Danny: "I don't know. No one really does.They go through leaders like water. When they smell betrayal, dishonesty, or a weakness in warrior spirit? They kill the leader. It's like 'Where the Wild Things Are' or something..."

Danny: Danny nearly choked at the sudden flashback of that book. He was stunned he knew it. His mother... she read it to him. He remembered now.

Jessica: "It's like what?" Jess was confused by the reference.

Danny: "It-... nothin. It's a book. A kid's book. The point is, people are killed and other people take over. No one knows who the current leader is but the last time anyone had an idea, they were based in New York City..."

Jessica: "Oh... okay..." she sipped her tea, "Wait, New York? So... maybe we can find some clues here?"

Danny: "Maybe. It said their previous targets were attacked via underground passages in the sewers. Of the people listed who were confirmed as Hand assassinations, ... my parents are among the dead." He hung his head.

Danny: "I had no idea... all this time... they were right under our feet."

Jessica: Jess looked down at the floor and shifted uncomfortably, pulling her feet up onto the bed. She reached and rubbed his shoulder a little, not sure what to say now.

Danny: "I just... need to find a way to make these people pay." He shifted upright instead of his original slouching position, and looked her in the eyes.

Danny: "Jess... I really want to thank you for agreeing to help me. I -... I'm seriously grateful."

Jessica: She gave him a smile, "It's fine... You shouldn't have to do this on your own..."

Danny: "Thanks." He patted her back and then went to rubbing it. "You're really awesome." He felt like he should lean over and kiss her, but he couldn't. Wouldn't.

Jessica: She laughed a little and shook her head, "Thanks... I'm not... but thanks.... you should eat." She nodded to the food.

Danny: "Yeah... I guess I should." He looked at the food and frowned, thinking about his parents. "You know, maybe if I can get some answers I won't feel the need to break somebody's back all the time."

Jessica: "I hope so..." she gave his shoulder a squeeze then turned to pick up her tea again.

Danny: He finished his food, his tea, and his reading. He closed the laptop and rested his head. "Okay... well... The second I'm able to walk, we're going to the site of the most recent NYC assassination. Cool?"

Jessica: She nodded, "That's fine... I have no social life to speak of and still no job so I can do whatever the hell I like." she gave him a grin.

Danny: "That's good to know. And yeah, we'll work on that job thing. A legitimate one. There's no need for that now.You're in America, we'll set you up right."

Jessica: She nodded, "Yeah... I know.... I just don't think I'll be very good at anything else... and there's the part where I was smuggled into the country... but apparently Miles is helping me with that... for some reason..."

Danny: "Good!" He frowned. "Wait... who?" He didn't like the sound of that.

Jessica: "Miles... I'm not sure of his last name... he has powers kind of like mine... But we talked about my lack of a job and he offered to help... I figured I could use all the help I could get so..." she gave a shrug.

Danny: "Hmm... So you'll have a real American job then? 'Cause that's good, that's what you need. As much normal as you can get."

Jessica: "That's the idea... but I'll have to find one first..." she rubbed her forehead a little.

Danny: "You do a pretty good job taking care of people. Maybe get into something like that? Hospital patient sitting maybe? You can get paid nearly $11.00 an hour for sitting and making sure a patient who is in critical condition just stays safe."

Jessica: She pulled a face and shook her head, "Don't like hospitals much...."

Danny: "Work in a kindergarten then? Or a daycare?"

Jessica: "Too much noise..." she tapped her ear. "Way too sensitive."

Danny: "Okay, so then... animal care? Librarian?"

Danny: He was running out of options.

Jessica: "I don't know... I think you need more qualifications for animal care... But I'm still learning how computers work.... I can hold off for a little while until I have, you know.... the right paperwork...." she gave a small shrug.

Danny: "Well until then... please... don't resort to old, uh... habits." He put his hand on hers. "You're better than that."

Jessica: She sighed, looking down at his hand. "I don't know that I am... but I'm trying..."

Danny: "Good." He smiled at her, holding her hand.

Jessica: She managed an awkward smile back and patted his hand with her free hand before pulling her hand free. She was feeling anxious and that was not a good thing.

Danny: Danny felt a poking in the back of his head, telling him, urging him even, to pull her close. His eyes glazed over and his smile towards her got wider "I need you -... to... get me more tea..."

Jessica: She nodded, "Sure..." she reached for his cup to get it for him.

Danny: As she reached, her cleavage showed in her low cut shirt. Danny smiled and couldn't tear his eyes away.

Danny: "... Wow."

Jessica: Jess blushed when she followed his eyeline and quickly moved away. "Um... I'll just..."

Danny: "Lay in bed beside me?" He asked, his eyes blinking like an infant. His smile was now a childish grin.

Jessica: She bit her lip, "Um... I don't... I thought you wanted tea?" Damn it!

Danny: "... Tea isn't as good as you..." He promised.

Jessica: "Okay... well... you know what's better than both of those things for getting you all healed up? Sleep. Lots of it."

Danny: "Oh... but... I... Where's my pain killer?" He held up the button and pushed it. His eyes rolled into the back of his head.

Danny: "Aaaw yeah, that's the ticket. Okay... nighty... night."

Jessica: She sighed with slight relief and went to sit down again after moving the laptop and other things so that he could lie down. "Sleep well..."