5/18 Instance: Fish or Rabbit?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

5/18 Instance: Fish or Rabbit?

Post by steyn »

Timeline Current

<Marrina> Marrina laid out int the sun catching some rays. The temp didn't bother her so she was only wearing her bikini.

<Jack> Jack held his hand to his eyes as he leaned out of the patio door. Urgh, still not used to being awake in day, he thought to himself. Squinting, he realized there was actually someone out there as well.

<Marrina> Marrina stretched out and gave a little yawn as she got comfortable.

<Jack> Jack cocked his head as he kept staring at the girl. She looked a bit green around the gills.

<Marrina> She pulled out one of her text books and decided to be a little productive as she enjoyed the sunny day.

<Jack> Jack's squinty eyes looked over to the book, then back to the girl. Hmm, he thought, then turned and went back in.

<Marrina> Marrina thumbed through the pages of her text book and frowned when she made it to something she didn't understand.

<Jack> A couple of minutes later Jack pushed the patio's door further open, carrying a glass of lemonade with ice and a glass of soda with ice. "Wasn't sure which you'd like." he said, sitting down next tothe girl, holding up the glasses. "Lemonade or Coke?"

<Marrina> Marrina jumped enough to almost fall out of the chair. "I... h.. hi. Uhmm Lemonade sounds good thanks."

<Jack> "Hi, I probably should know you from class... but I kind of sleep in most of them. Name is Jack." He said giving the lemonade.

<Marrina> "Marrina. Uhmm I think we have some crazy math class or something together."

<Jack> "Ah, so I was probably asleep then. So what you studying?" he asked, drinking from his glass.

<@Marrina> "How the sun feels on my skin?" She giggled a little

<Jack> "And are you getting anywhere with this study of yours?" he said with a smile.

<@Marrina> "Mmhm feels good." She set the book aside.

<Jack> "So, come here often?" Jack asked, already feeling too warm for his taste. He unbuttoned his shirt, took it off and layed it over the deckchair before getting comfortable on it.

<@Marrina> "I go to school here." She gave him a confused look

<Jack> "I mean here, laying outside and baking in the sun."

<@Marrina> "First time so far this year, but if it stays like this I do it more."

<Jack> "Well, if it stays like this, then I think I can get used to it. It's not as warm as Vegas, there you need sunblock when you're just getting the mail." he joked.

<@Marrina> Marrina giggled. "It wouldn't bother me. Since I turned into this temps don't really bother me."

<Jack> Jack frowned a little, "That's terrible, can't think of nothing worst than just not being bothered by the temperature. I mean, it's that being bothered which makes cuddling all the more awesome."

<@Marrina> "Huh?" Marrina raised an eyebrow.

<Jack> "I mean think about it, if you don't care if the temperature is cold, then you wouldn't bother getting someone in bed with you to get all warm and snuggly again."

<@Marrina> "What if I just wanted to snuggle." She stuck her tongue out at him.

<Jack> "Well that goes for without saying, everybody wants a snuggle, but some people need a good reson for a snuggle."

<@Marrina> Marrina shrugged. "I guess."

<Jack> "You guess?" he asked.

<@Marrina> "Yeah? I can't speak for everyone."

<Jack> "But what about you? You snuggle without a cause?"

<@Marrina> "I did when I was drunk...."

<Jack> "I get the feeling I should have spiked your drink?" he joked.

<Marrina> Marrina looked at her drink. "Uhmm....."

<@Jack> "Don't worry, was just joking. " Jack said, eyes still closed, but his ears perked as he listened to her. "So you have a boyfriend?"

<Marrina> "Nope..." She set the drink down and flipped through a few pages in her book.

<@Jack> "How about a guy on the side?" he asked.

<Marrina> "No." Marrina eyed him warily.

<@Jack> "Are you sure?" he asked, turning his head to look at her. "Because I'm very easy to pick up."

<Marrina> "I... uhmm." Marrina blushed a little. "I..." She stammered on trying to think of what to say.

<@Jack> "Really, if you want a guy on the side until you can land yourself a marrying guy, then I'm your man.. um... bunny.... thing. "

<Marrina> "I... uhmm. I'm not looking for a boy really."

<@Jack> "Don't worry, I haven't been a boy for a while now, I'm a man, with a lot of experience. But not as much experience that would put you off."

<Marrina> "I...." Marrina blushed red.

<@Jack> Jack leaned over the deck chair's side, resting his head on his hand and fluttered his eyes, "Hmm?"

<Marrina> "N...nothing. I uhmm just have uhh never been with a guy. Just uhhm... never looked into it I guess?"

<@Jack> "...." Jack blinked, "Well then, I'm the perfect guy to be your first, you don't have to worry about any silly little awkwardness, it's always a good thing to start with someone experienced."

<Marrina> "Who said I want a guy." She was starting to get put off a little by the pushyness.

<@Jack> "How do you know if you haven't tried, just suggesting, that's all, but if you prefer to just live life just in a little shell, then oh well..." Jack laid back again, closing his eyes.

<Marrina> Marrina frowned a little, he did have a point. "Maybe..."

<@Jack> A long ear twitched as he heard the word, "Maybe?" he asked, still lying back with eyes closed.

<Marrina> Marrina giggled a little. "Yeah, maybe." She stuck her tongue out at him and picked up her drink to take a sip.

<@Jack> He had to smirk, "What do you maybe? Maybe, like maybe you are living in a itty bitty little shell....ooooor.....maybe, like maybe you wanna try something new?"

<Marrina> Marrina threw a drop of lemonade at him. "Don't get so cocky. I just said maybe and you know what I ment."

<@Jack> Jack laughed a little, "Okay, okay, but, I still stand with offer, if you want try something new, I'm always available." He brought his own glass up to his mouth and finished it. "Ahh, cottontail has cottonmouth."

<Marrina> "Lay off the pot and that won't be a problem." Marrina finished her drink.

<@Jack> "Pot? Listen here missy, I don't smoke. I have many vices, but smoking and drugs are not them. Only drug I ever took was a mushroom, and that thing was not as magical as they let you believe. Crack is whack. Be cool, stay in school."

<Marrina> Marrina gave him a laugh. "You're pretty funny Mr. bunny."

<@Jack> "Glad to hear that, you got a nice laugh you know." He pushed himself up to sit, "I'm gonna head in to get something to snack on, you want something to go with that lemonade?"

<Marrina> "Sure." She smiled and got up to join him.

<@Jack> Jack opened the sliding door for her, and followed her inside, closing it behind him.

<Marrina> "So what are we gettin to snack on?"

<@Jack> "How does carrots and leafy vegetables sound?" he joked, "I was thinking maybe sandwhich or something?"

<Marrina> "Sure, are you a chef and a comedian then?" She walked up next to him on their way to the kitchen.

<@Jack> Jack took a second as his heart beat a little fast before composing himself, holding the kitchen's door open for her. The thought, she smelled good popped into his head. "Actually I dabble in a bit of magic."

<Marrina> "Ooh what kind like David Copperfield and stuff like that? Or just card tricks?"

<@Jack> He gave a look of horror, "What do you mean just card tricks? I'll let you know card tricks are more difficult than what Copperfield can come up with. With cards you need skill, with stage magic like Copperfield you just need a lot of money to make a big show. Wouldn't mind having a big show, though. Now that would be awesome."

<Marrina> Marrina giggled a little. "Okay show me a trick then. Prove they're more awesome."

<@Jack> "Ehh, I don't know, I could, maybe, if I had my cards here on me," Jack said mocking a nervous look and patting himself in search of cards.

<Marrina> "We can stop by your room if you left them there."

<@Jack> "nooo, no, think they're around here somewhere... Ah, that's where I left them." He said, looking up at the ceiling, then reached up and pulled out a pack of cards from thin air, taking them out of their pack and putting it aside as he started shuffling.

<Marrina> "That was pretty cool." She smiled.

<@Jack> "That's normally how it starts, here, you probably know this one," he said, fanning out the cards in one hand, faced towards her, "Pick a card, any card, don't show it to me, and keep that card, remember that card and put it back in the pack."

<Marrina> Marrina did as he instructed and once she'd memorized it she slipped it in the deck.

<@Jack> "Now, I'm not gonna tell you that you picked the eight of clubs, that's the easy part, the hard part is this." he said, pulling open the top cutlery drawer and taking out a folded up paper.

<Marrina> Marrina looked at the paper. "Uhmm you found someone's notes?"

<@Jack> He unfolded the note, and the eight of clubs was drawn on it. "If that was someone else's notes then they have really weird notes." he said, showing it to her.

<Marrina> Marrina laughed. "Okay that was pretty cool."

<@Jack> He gave a little bow, "Wouldn't believe how long I've waiting to do that one around here. Right, sandwhich?" he asked.

<Marrina> "Sure. Gonna pull that outa thin air too?"

<@Jack> "...why didn't I think of that." he said as he opened the fridge and started taking things out.

<Marrina> "Cuz it's easier to just make one?" She giggled a bit more.

<@Jack> "And it's fresher as well. That note's been lying in that drawer since late last night." he said, "Now what would you like on your bread?"

<Marrina> "Mustard and Mayo please." She laughed and hopped up onto the counter.

<@Jack> Jacks ears propped up as he looked over his shoulder at her, "Really? Just mustard and mayo? But they're just condiments."

<Marrina> "Yeah they go on the bread. Everything else goes inbetween." She stuck her tongue out at him. "But some roast beef with swiss cheese would be nice if it's in there."

<@Jack> "Ah, a meat eater." he mused, sticking his head back into the fridge and looking for the ingredients.

<Marrina> "Mmhm. Dad's a fisherman, gotta have your protein to be ready to work hard."

<@Jack> Jack jerked his head as he looked back up, "Wait, your dad is a fisherman? Ha, wow, I thought I was the only one with a funny backstory." he put the items on the counter.

<Marrina> "How's that funny?" She cocked her heard.

<@Jack> "Well.. I thought your mutation was... you know... fish related."

<@Marrina> "Uhmm yeah I guess, never really thought about it other than the fact that people wouldn't wanna touch me? What does that mean your dad was a bunny farmer?"

<Jack> "Close, he's a stage magician. Well, was a stage magician. Mom was his lovely assistant. Guess I was his best 'pull a rabbit out of a hat' trick."

<@Marrina> "Ahh. Well If you think about it that way I guess you're right. But I used to look normal."

<Jack> "And I guess that's where we differ. Apparently I was born like this... just without the fur. Apparently the fur came a year later or something."

<@Marrina> "Atleast you had time to get used to it...."

<Jack> "THat doesn'tmatter at all, what matters is that there's always people pointing and laughing. I just figured, why not use that to my advantage, best way to get an audience is to look weird.

<@Marrina> "Yeah weird looks and laughing. All the time, I can't imagine what would happen if I went to sea world." Marrina looked up at the clock. "Oh shit it's time for class. I got to go. Uhmm wanna hang out later?"

<Jack> Jack's grin went from ear to ear, "Love to."

<@Marrina> Marrina gave him a smile back and started out the door. "Good thing I can run really fast. Bye!"

<Jack> Jack waved, his head cocking to the side as he watched Marrina scamper off, eyes just concentrating on the very short shorts.