5/18 Instance: They Don't Need Us

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/18 Instance: They Don't Need Us

Post by Slarti »

Backdated to the beginning of time... or to right after “And the Herald Spoke”

Rogue: Rogue landed on Bobby's doorstep after making sure Lorna's car left the driveway and knocked on the door. "Bugs? C'n Ah come in?" She looked around at the yard, thankful no one else was about. Granted, it's not weird for her to go visit Bobby. He is her best friend. But you could never be too careful about the kool-aid drinkers.

Bobby: Bobby heard the knock and set down the remote. He'd been channel flipping anyway, trying to find a distraction.

Bobby: "Hey, Roguey." He flipped the door open and gave her a half bow and grin, which faded somewhat when he saw her expression. "Oh hell, what now?"

Rogue: "Clarice's been brainwashed." She frowned at herself, "That sounds like it should be in a horror flick'r somethin'..."

Rogue: "Ah think all of 'em have been..."

Bobby: "Clarice... wait, all of them? What happened?" Bobby ushered her inside and closed the door with a glance outside. There was some activity around the house, but nothing out of the normal... whatever that really meant anymore.

Rogue: "She called herself 'Herald'. Said somethin' 'bout her Master wantin' us ta come ta his side'r suffer tha consequences. That his side was tha better one..."

Rogue: She moved to sit on the couch and pulled off her gloves so she could scrub at her face. "When we tried ta get her ta come home with us, she didn't wanna come. At all."

Bobby: "Wooboy. So it's mind control bee people zombie shit again, with a side of Doc Feelgood." He flopped onto the sofa next to her.

Bobby: "Master." Bobby snorted and rested his head against the back of the sofa, looking at her from the side of his eyes. "Sounds like he's getting delusions of grandeur."

Rogue: "Yeah. She said tha Age of Apocalypse is now. An' she named off things that were comin'...An' guess what they were? Tha horsemen. From tha flippin' Bible."

Bobby: Bobby just frowned. "Wow. Well... that's... disturbing." He sighed gustily. "Wait, so it was just her, but she was talking about the others? The horsemen are coming? So... what? The others are the horsemen?"

Rogue: "Ah'd assume so... Ah ain't got any other ideas. Unless he's taken other people we ain't sure 'bout yet... But yeah, it makes sense. He took five... Clarice is tha Herald an' tha rest're tha horsemen." Rogue stood up and started pacing. "We need evidence, Bobby. We need ta find where he is. Like yesterday."

Bobby: "More than that, if you count Rae and McCoy. And yeah, who knows who else... and he could even get mutants before we ever find them, presumably." Bobby sat forward, bracing his elbows on his knees. "Yeah, agreed, but... how?"

Rogue: "Ah don't know. That's mah problem. Ah don't fuckin' know." She sighed and fell back onto the couch. "Ah told Jason what we were doin'. He approves. Of course. He said he'd help figure stuff out an' make sure we don't get blamed f'r doin' somethin' wrong when it ain't."

Bobby: "Well, good. The conspiracy spreads," he said with a dry chuckle. "We missed a definite opportunity when we had his goons... but there wasn't really a way to get to them without revealing ourselves." He made a face at what he'd just said, then shrugged.

Bobby: "You know what I mean. But yeah, we need a freaking telepath on our side maybe?"

Rogue: Rogue made a frustrated noise, "Why'd he hafta take Rachel again? Ah don't wanna mess with Monet... An' we cain't ask Xavier." She looked over at him, "Any ideas?"

Bobby: Bobby picked up the remote and clicked it off. The lemonade commercial was just too convenient. "Selene?"

Rogue: "Well... Selene would be a good idea... Except she makes me a lil nervous. Y'all wanna talk ta her then?"

Bobby: "She doesn't make me nervous, per se. And Darren... well... there's the complication. It'd bring him into it." He tapped the remote against his thigh. "Fuck. I don't know."

Rogue: "Darren would be a baaad idea." She frowned and put her arms on her head, "Any new kids in ya classes that might work?"

Bobby: "No telepaths." Bobby tapped some more.

Rogue: "Shit. Maybe.... What 'bout Farouk?" She shuddered just thinking about it.

Bobby: "Well, I have a better 'relationship' with him than when Rae and I glued all his shit to his desk, but still..." Bobby made air quotes and tossed the remote onto the sofa. "He's a better possibility than Sel, sadly."

Rogue: "So then y'all get ta talk ta him. Or should we go t'gether?" Rogue picked up the remote and started taking the battery cover off then clicking it back in repeatedly.

Bobby: "I can do it." Bobby watched her fidget. "I feel like I should be doing something more useful anyway."

Rogue: "Sam said that a lot," she mumbled. "But he was useful. He was on mah side. That's all people need sometimes."

Bobby: Bobby reached over and put his hand on her gloved one. He gave it a squeeze. "Yeah."

Rogue: Rogue's hands stilled, "We gotta stay on Rae's side. An' not on tha X-Men's. Rae needs us. They don't."

Bobby: "I agree," he said softly. "Rae needs us. And so do the others, now. So, Farouk. I'll feel him out, with my shields locked down as fucking tight as I can make 'em."

Rogue: "Maybe Ah should do it then." She tapped her temple, "Shields're natural. One good thing 'bout mah powers."

Bobby: "Nah. It's okay. I learned from the pros." From Rae. He smiled a little. "But hell, a little leakage might be good. So he knows we're serious - no more fucking around with this. I'd think he'd be all about eliminating threats permanently."

Rogue: "Good. That's settled then. Farouk is our telepath."

Bobby: "We better stock up on donuts."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 5/18 Instance: They Don't Need Us

Post by Ferguson »

Oh schemey goodness!

Also, can I work for doughnuts?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You're gonna need a lot of donuts.

Image Might I suggest the delicious Men in Black 3 donuts from Dunkin Donuts?
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

:warlock approval -50

Pup approval +25 for the :shifty though :cracked
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

geeze those doughnuts look good. Haven't had one in over a year.

Also, yay :shifty