5/19 Instance: Caddyshake-up

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/19 Instance: Caddyshake-up

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@EnSabbah> EnSabbah Nur stepped out of his private golf cart, stretching his shoulders and observing the glorious morning that had swept over his favourite golf course in New England.

<@EnSabbah> It wasn't really an especially good or challenging one, mind you, but it was quite well maintained and, more importantly, quite exclusive, which made it very useful for holding meetings of a more...ah, delicate nature. Meetings that could ruin his reputation, for example.

<@EnSabbah> He gave the early morning Sun a smile as radiant as herself and then proceeded to pick his club for tee-off.

<Fabian> One drawback of being one of the younger Acolyptes, caddy duty. Fabian and his sister both took it in stride however as they set out onto the green. "How soon can we be expecting Death and War to start their rounds in training?"

<@EnSabbah> "Hmmmm." Seemingly too absorbed in weighing the club he chose, he took a few moments to answer. "Very soon. It's a delicate matter, after all, and we don't want to rush the good doctor. I think if you hire the best there is, you give them some peace and quiet to work, right?"

<Fitzroy> "More importantly, what do we get to do while we wait for these fabled horsemen to accomplish something of note," Trevor Fitzroy remarked, one of the golf clubs draped across his shoulders. "Unbound chaos and mayhem sounded much more thrilling when we joined up with this club here."

<Raven> Ronnie placed a pair of very expensive sunglasses over her eyes, "Bright out, isn't it?," she snapped her fingers at the girl and indigated that she wanted her bag brought over, "My dear Trevor, you need the build up before the big finish, don't you know?"

<@EnSabbah> He gave the boy a sideway glance that could have worked its way right into the back of his brain and frozen it all the way down to his spine...quite literally actually. Yet he chose to let him live. It wasn't his job to try this one's survival skills.

<Fitzroy> Stroking his green goatee, which matched his partially shaved hair, Trevor smirked at Ronnie. "Let me assure you that I always take my time before coming to a finish, my dear," he said.

<Fabian> "The Pestilence attacks have made a good impact." Fabian defended their success thus far. "I believe we are going to have to do something more with Famine, however."

<Maria> Maria blew a big pink bubble of gum and just observed the boys bickering while Papa-Sabbah was preparing his swing.

<Maria> She only called him "Papa-Sabbah" in her head. Because he was their suggar-daddy. Kind of. Oh, a squirrel.

<Fabian> The Doctor bristled somewhat and looked back at the others as he selected his club. "Famine's power should be ready."

<Raven> "But is his mentality ready? I don't understand why you don't just psychically dominate the Horsemen as you did with the Herald?"

<@EnSabbah> "Excellent!" He hit the golfball off. A short twinge flashed over his face as the course of the ball went a tad bit too far right, putting it periliously close to the sand bunker. "I need a new driver, it appears."

<@EnSabbah> Then he looked to Raven. "How could they prove they are fit to continue their existence when all their actions are being controled by someone else?"

<Fabian> "He resists orders." Fabian clarified. "The power work is more than adequate but it seems his gratefulness for his eyes does not extend as far as he would lead you to believe." The driver came out and was offered to dear old Papa-Sabbah.

<Raven> "But they're just tools, arn't they? Disposable?"

<Maria> Maria diverted her eyes long enough from the sdquirrel to wonder whether that might not be a dangerous way to think around a guy who was very much into "survival of the fittest". He might end up deciding you were disposable...

<@EnSabbah> "Tools have evolved over time as well. That left aside, yyou wouldn't give a hammer ot a violinist, would you? Having someone else control powers that aren't their own is highly inefficient. You may have noticed I do not like inefficiency."

<Fitzroy> "Besides, all it would take is one of those other pesky psychics to break our hold over the horsemen to bring that whole pretty house of cards down on our heads," Trevor chimed in. "Sometimes, slow and steady is the way to the goal."

<Fabian> Essex made his swing, frowning at the turn of the conversation. "I trust that there aren't any problems with how Famine is actually handling the power? Only his unwillingness to do what is necessary?"

<Maria> She tilted her head and, after making another bubble, decided that she was bored. So she clung to her brother's neck. "Faaaaabiiii."

<Fabian> "Yes Mars?" Fabian glanced over to his twin, hoping very much she didn't get that gum in his hair.

<Maria> "I'm bored, let's kill a hobo. You know, like the one we turned inside out? I bet I can let the heart beat longer this tiiiiimmmme?" She gave him big puppy eyes.

<Fitzroy> "Again?" Trevor sighed and rolled his eyes. "I know there's a certain charm in stomping on the downtrodden, but I was hoping for something a little more challenging. Can't we start a rebellion in some third world hellhole and watch the locals tear each other apart?"

<Fabian> "Both sound tempting." Fabian laughed. "Perhaps when we're done here, promise." He smiled fondly to his sister before attempting to shrug her off. "The horseman can handle the power, it's the horseman himself that is the issue."

<@EnSabbah> He got into his golf cart to proceed to the ball. "None of them should be able to resist for long. Explain."

<Maria> She let go of her brother and pouted. No fun, none at all. In the woods behind her, a squirrel exploded.

<DrEssex> All this talk reminded him why he never socialized with his employees. Essex leaned on his club and waited for this brain trust to weigh in. If Mr. Nur was not complaining, he was not concerned.

<Fabian> "I believe his dosages were lightened as you reparied his eyesight?" Fabian looked to Dr. Essex for verification on that. "He is willing to use his powers just fine but when he aws asked to kill the plants it took a good deal of coersion." Carts, damned carts, it was a hassle to keep up a conversation with them about.

<@EnSabbah> "Increase the dosage then." He stopped next to where his ball had landed. "And Maria, dear, stop exploding the wildlife. It's rude towards our fellow golfers."

<DrEssex> "Indeed," he nodded. "The dosages may be increased, so long as it doesn't interfere with the other physical work. It's a bit of a delicate balance. We wouldn't want to break our instrument and waste our efforts."

<Fitzroy> "Why not explode them instead," Trevor asked, looking off towards another group in the distance.

<@EnSabbah> He looked over to the group. "I think killing the CEO of citibank may decrease my stocks considerably. So, no."

<Fabian> "...yes, that might be bad." Fabian looked just a tad sheepish as they made their way on. "So, once Famine is settled we are ready to go through with the plan with him?"

<@EnSabbah> "Indeed. And I expect similar or, preferably, even better results to last time." He sighed when he noticed a squirrel flying through the air and splattering all over the side of a tree. "No, Maria, that is as bad as exploding them. Just...just check the trunk of my cart. You can do what you want with what you find in there." He held out his hand to receive the next club.

<Maria> Maria scurried over to the back of the cart and opened it, only to find a quite flustered, bespectacled, and quite bound and gaggged little man in there. Her eyes got sparkly.

<@EnSabbah> "He is an ex accountant that performed...unsatisfactory. You can use my driver, it pulls to the right. Burry him in a sand bunker afterwards." He motioned for his club.

<DrEssex> Essex couldn't help himself, he had to take a look around for other golfers. These people seemed rather careless, no matter how his employer thought he was the master of puppetmasters.

<Fitzroy> "Girls always get the best toys," Trevor commented, passing the boss a new golf club. "And I can't wait for the midwest horroshow, assuming that's still the plan."

<Maria> Maria eagerly grabbed first the club and then the collar of the struggling man and proceed to drag both towards the treeline, away from possible prying eyes.

<@Fabian> Fabian eyed his sister going off with her rather doomed captive and made yet another mental note to never let Apocalypse down where he could still reach him. "I believe the 'midwest horror show' is still on the table, yes."

<Raven> Raven rolled her eyes as the girl dragged the man off, no finess or class, these people, "You would be the one to know, we are certain that the X-Men are still ignorant of our activties? Doubtless they're working away like busy little beavers back at that mansion."

<@Fabian> "I would doubt they are ignorant after fighting with Pestilence. It wouldn't exactly take a genius to work out the likely senario when dealing with an 'Apocalypse' and a 'Pestileince'."

<Raven> "I was refering more to our next move, an eight year old could figure out the thrust of the scheme," Ronnie sipped her cocktail.

<Fitzroy> "Well, they'd have to be exceptionally challenged not to expect the involvement of the rest of their former friends," Trevor tossed in, eying another club he pulled from the bag. "But lets say they don't know of our distinguished group yet, how long do we intend to keep it that way?"

<@Fabian> "They would have no reason to know which horseman is coming next nor where. Famine's location would be fairly easy to assume I suppose but it is a wide enough area that they would not be able to pinpoint where it is we will be working from."

<EnSabbah> "As long as is necessary to reach our goals." He hit the ball off again, this time satisfied with its trajectory. "Let them find it out on their own. After all, if they're not even smart enough to do that, they don't really have a role in my new world."

<Random> "The longer the better would be best, I think. The less they know, the more unable to cope with it they'll be." He twirled a club absently.

<Fitzroy> "Oh well, if it absolutely has to be that way," Trevor said, accompanied by an exaggerated sigh. "However, laying low will hardly satisfy my almost physical need to hurt these people, I'm afraid."

<Raven> "Do we know if they have any suspicions about the plant we have at the school, my Lord?" Ronnie asked, twirling her drink in her glass.

<EnSabbah> "How could they? It's not like we have given them any time to stop and think."

<Maria> Maria came skipping out of the woods again, making happy gum bubbles and resting a heavily deformed golf club on her shoulder.

<@Fabian> "I am sure that if Malice were aware of anyone coming around to realize Xavier is not wholly Xavier she would be the first to know given his powers." Fabian looked to his sister at her return, sighing almost silently. "I do hope you were careful...or at least convinced people there was nothing to see there."

<Random> "I'm sure Malice is controlling them to not know anything, even if they do figure it out. We could probably do an attack from an inside vantage. It might easier, too." He pursed his lips as Maria's club. He wouldn't have used such an expensive one for that.

<Maria> "The CEO of Citibank gave me chocolate, see?!" She held up a chocolate bar, not really answering the question.

<Raven> Ronnie paused with her glass pressed against her lips as she stared at the girl for a moment, why was there a role for this girl in the new world again?

<@Fabian> "That's lovely." Fabian just smiled at his sister, glad that she was powerful and bloodthirsty enough to warrant her usefulness. "So once Famine's cured of his hippie revolution against killing plants I would imagine we are to train him again in preparation?"

<EnSabbah> EnSabbah Nur put his golf club back into his bag. "Good, with our plant still uncompromise, how is my other project going? Have you already gotten a useful DNA sample from our future War?"

<@Fabian> The Doctor, having done is best to disassociate himself with the more flippant conversation of the Acolytes, tuned back in as that question was posed. "We have an array of samples at your disposal now, Mr. Nur."

<EnSabbah> "Eeeexcellent. I am positively thrilled about this little experiment of ours." A huge smile appeared on his face. "But, business first. Raven, have you collected the data I wanted?"

<@Fabian> "May I ask what I am to do with the DNA you've requested, Mr. Nur?"

<Raven> "Of course, my Lord," Ronnie handed her empty glass to Fabian and pulled a jump drive out of her purse, "a comprehensive list of all viable targets and all relevent infomation regarding them for you to peruse at your leasure."

<Raven> "I took the liberty of establishing agents at each location also, as soon as you have chosen, we can proceed."

<EnSabbah> "Keep it for now, doctor. First you should train up Famine to full potential. I'll give you, say, two weeks. Afterwards we are going to concentrate on this little project. I believe you will find it...exhiliarating." He gave the doctor a big smile and took the drive from Raven.

<EnSabbah> He tapped it against his chin a few times in a thoughtful manner. "You know, I always rather disliked borscht..."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 5/19 Instance: Caddyshake-up

Post by Slarti »

Woo, evil golf! I wish I had finished this one, it was fun.

(Psst. You might want to fix Essex's name in a few posts...)