5/22 Instance: Just Plain Chemistry

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/22 Instance: Just Plain Chemistry

Post by Ferguson »

Between [Instance]My Parents are DEEEAAAAD!! and [Instance]Le Creme De L'amour.

Danny: Danny looked around for Jess on every floor and room conceivable. Nothing. He finally went to her room, realizing that he should have probably started there. He knocked on the door quietly. "Jess?" He whispered.

Danny: Nothing. He decided maybe... he was properly stumped. He went down the hall when he stopped at the broom closet. He could hear some sniffling. He knew Xavier's well enough to know that a 'broom closet' was actually a rather large closet. Not Narnia large, but...

Danny: He went to open the door handle. Locked. He cleared his throat. "Hello?"

Jessica: Jess froze and tried to keep quiet, stifling another sob. She recognised the voice as Danny's but she didn't want him to see her like this.

Danny: "I can probably rip this door open, y'know. And when I hear crying, I get very worried. Worried enough to rip doors open." He smiled, knowing it was an empty threat. "Please?"

Jessica: With a small sigh she reached to unlock the door before retreating futher back and curling up some more, her hair falling to shield her face.

Danny: He opened the door slightly after he heard the click to unlock and looked with a beaming smile to Jess. "There you are! Couldn't find you.... You look awful, are you alright?"

Jessica: She nodded, taking another shuddering breath as she willed herself to stop crying. "Fine..." she managed to get out, sounding almost normal.

Danny: "You're lying. Here," he stepped into the closet, pulling the cord to turn the light on, and shut the door behind him. "Tell Danny what happened." He sat on a large briefcase.

Jessica: "Nothing happened...." she put her face in her hands since her hands were cold and she was hoping that would help take some of the redness away.

Danny: "Come here..." he went in and wrapped his arms around her. "What's wrong? Seriously."

Jessica: She shook her head, "Nothing... it's just.... it's stupid..." She didn't move either towards him or away from him.

Danny: He stopped hugging her and sat back. He reached out for her hand and waited for her to move hers into his own. "Jess, I'm your friend. And more importantly, I don't judge. You've been helping me out tremendously with my personal stuff... let me help you with yours."

Jessica: She eyed his hand but didn't take it, though she did consider it, "It's nothing... Some things were said and... it just got to me, that's all...."

Danny: "Well... it would have to have been a very severe thing that was said, you have a pretty hard shell there. I'd know, I've been trying to crack it for weeks." He admitted.

Jessica: She shook her head again, "Not really... it just... they were talking about you and... they brought up parents..." she bit her lip and turned her face away from him, squeezing her eyes shut against more tears.

Danny: He looked confused. "Who was talking about me? And... my parents?"

Jessica: "Johnny and Miles.... they said you were using that they're dead as an excuse to be weird or something... I don't know, I didn't understand half of the references.... but I told them to stop it because it wasn't funny..."

Danny: "They... what? I mean... I myself have made the Batman joke but I don't get why they would do that to get you upset..." He sighed. "And why would it get you that upset?"

Jessica: "They made that joke too.... and they didn't understand why I didn't know the reference and so I told them... where was I going to learn these things? And I mentioned the hospital and they asked why so I told them..." She sniffled and wiped her cheeks with her palm.

Danny: "The Hospital?" He looked to her hands as they wiped tears. "Oh... God... The Hospital!" He took in a deep breath. "Look, they're idiots."

Jessica: Again, she shook her head, "It wasn't just that - I lost control of my powers and I hurt Miles but it wasn't my fault.... I didn't mean to..."

Danny: "You... hurt him?" He asked cautiously. "Is he okay?"

Jessica: She shrugged helplessly, "I don't know.... I didn't stay there.... I couldn't...." she curled up again and turned away from him, stifling another sob. "I left him with Johnny...."

Danny: "Well at least you left him with someone half-way competent?" He offered. "But honestly, Jess... why would you let them get to you so badly? I don't get it."

Jessica: "I don't know... it's just.... the last time I did something like that it was bad... and now I've probably ruined everything..." she took a shuddering breath, "Oh God, what if I killed him?!"

Danny: Danny smirked. "If you had killed him, you wouldn't be in this closet right now. Xavier would have located you and you'd be answering to him... maybe actual authorities." He rubbed her back, trying to avoid her bra strap. He figured that was awkward for girls, but he wanted to be reassuring.

Danny: "It's fine... he'll be fine. And you're fine." He gulped at the last sentence and realized his words could be misconstrued. "Well... fine as in.. you know... you're doing well..."

Jessica: "I don't feel like I'm doing well..." she sighed, turning back to face him and feeling a little better. Danny had a point about Xavier and telepathic radar. She sniffed and attempted to dry her eyes with her already soaking cuffs.

Danny: "You're blowing it all out of proportion. I think you need to get out of this closet, go hang out with a real friend. You want to come back to my room?" He hoped that didn't sound forward or weird.

Danny: "Until... y'know... you feel better? Or something?"

Jessica: She chewed her lip a little while she considered that this would lead to more awkward questions from Laura before deciding that her needs were greater than the embarrassment to come and nodding. "Please.... if that's okay...."

Danny: "Yeah!" His eyes got wide as his face brightened. "Yeah, of course!" He opened the closet door and stepped out, moving out of the way for her.

Jessica: She managed a small smile as she got to her feet and followed him. She wondered if she should explain the reason for her choosing this option or not. Would he misinterpret it? Maybe this was a bad idea..... she glanced at the nearest window.

Danny: He noticed her looking to the window. "Don't worry, giant Lizard guy doesn't come in here, that's only Johnny's room. Sometimes Sue's."

Jessica: She shook her head, "I'm not worried about that.... I know how to defend myself..." she ran a hand through her hair. "I'm just... over thinking things.... probably..."

Danny: Danny crossed his arms. "Yes... you are. Jess, if you're too uncomfortable that's fine, you can go. But I promise you, I'm just offering you a quiet place to chill out, away from the others or the drama. No one knows you're in here, no one needs to. So... I should say..."

Danny: "Thanks. For sticking up for me, rather."

Jessica: She managed a proper smile, "You're welcome... that's what friends do, right?" She looked out of the window again, focusing on the view this time rather than its potential as an escape route. "I'm not uncomfortable... not really... I'm just worried about what people will think...." Well Laura.

Danny: "People who?" Danny asked. "And why care? More importantly, what would they think? That you're alone in my room. What of it? That you're with me? Is that a bad thing?"

Jessica: "I don't know, Danny. You tell me.... You know what I used to do, what are they likely to think? Would you think that was a good thing?" She ran a hand through her hair, turning her head to look at him.

Danny: Danny shrugged. "You worry too much about what other people are thinking then. Of course it doesn't matter. It's not what you did but what you do. And yeah, I don't think hanging out with me is a bad thing... I could be kidding myself though."

Jessica: "Of course I worry what other people are thinking.... I don't want people to talk about me behind my back... not like that... and they especially shouldn't talk about you that way either...." she looked down at the floor. "I like hanging out with you, I do.... but I don't want to make things hard for you...."

Danny: He almost started snorting in laughter. "I don't know how you're making things hard for me... so far as I'm concerned? You're making a lot of things easier for me. Being around you makes me a lot happier."

Jessica: She bit her lip, "Really?" She glanced at him, worrying about the phrasing he'd used. Was she overthinking that too or had she unconsciously been influencing him?

Danny: He smiled and patted his bed for her to sit. "Honest." He got his beanbag chair and put it across from his bed, waiting for her to sit before he did.

Jessica: She took the offered seat and put her face in her hands again, taking a few deep breaths to calm down properly. She needed to get her emotions under control before she messed up again. "Thanks, Danny...."

Danny: "Anytime." He took his seat and sighed.

Jessica: It was no good. She couldn't keep questioning every little thing, it would drive her insane. "There's something I haven't told you...."

Danny: I'm in love with you is what Danny wanted to hear... but he knew that was too much to hope for.

Danny: "You love me?" He joked.

Jessica: She managed a small smile but shook her head, her expression quickly returning to a worried frown. "It's... something about my powers... I don't want to tell you but I should...." she ran a hand through her hair.

Danny: "... You... have four extra arms under your shirt?" he guessed.

Jessica: ".... No." What? Ugh. This was going to be hard if he kept making jokes. "You know I don't... you've seen me in underwear..."

Danny: "I... well..." he had. It was one of his favorite memories. She was truly gorgeous. "Well... I uh... just... What is it then?"

Jessica: She scrubbed her face with her hands, "It's something I can do... I... I can make people like me.... I can't control it very well... and I might have used it on you.... I'm sorry...."

Danny: "Wait make? I don't understand, what do you mean?"

Jessica: "I can do it with chemicals.... pheromones.... anyone with a nose or porous skin and a brain is vulnerable to them...." she kept her gaze focused on a loose thread on the knee of her second hand jeans.

Danny: "... so... my feelings? They're disingenious?" He tried to wrap his mind around this. Did he actually not... love her at first sight?

Danny: "I just... I don't understand I... I don't know how to feel. I mean,... I thought I just... I know I was in... I'm not the most romantic guy, y'know? And-"

Jessica: "I'm sorry, Danny...." she bit her lip, "I didn't want people to know.... I thought.... I just wanted people to like me.... I'll just... I'll go... I'm sorry...." she got up to leave.

Danny: "Wait!" He stopped her and gripped her wrist, not in a hurtful way, but he really didn't need her to leave yet.

Danny: "First, I'll keep your secret until you're ready to tell people. But you should tell them. Secondly,... This pheromone thing... how long does it effect the other person? After you're out of the room? Days? Weeks?"

Jessica: She sighed, looking down at his hand on her wrist. "Thank you.... and I don't know... It depends on the target's metabolism and whether or not they take a shower.... at most for the rest of the day probably..... It's not like people stayed around so I could quiz them...."

Danny: "That's great!" He nearly shouted. "Jess, I am constantly thinking about you! There's no way it can be just the pheromones then!"

Danny: His stomach nearly leapt out of his throat at excitement. "It was practically first sight! And ever since then! Jess, I know you're my friend and I'm yours, but if you give me time... I believe I can prove to you it's not just chemical manipulation but rather, just plain chemistry."

Jessica: "I-... what?" okay that had thrown her a little... well a lot. She chewed her lip, pulling her arm free of his grip, "How do I know it's not the pheromones making you say these things right now?"

Danny: "Because I've wanted to tell you this for weeks!" He exclaimed. "Honestly, I have! And maybe it's just the pheromones giving me the courage, but that's no worse than liquid courage from a bottle! Jess, I think about you when I'm happy, when I'm lonely, when I'm busy, when I'm meditating, when I'm bored, when I'm drinking, eating, showering, talking, doing homework."

Danny: "You can't possibly tell me your pheromones caused all of that!"

Jessica: She didn't know what to say. Was he lying? Was it the pheromones? "I.... I don't know...." she backed up a little.

Danny: "Jess... I can tell you're probably a hair away from legging it. Let me just say this... we don't have to talk about it now. Or even soon. All I want to add is... I would know if what I was feeling was wrong. I would, I have faith in myself for something like that. But none of that would matter anyways if you didn't feel the same. Until then, ... I'm happy just being your friend."

Jessica: She nodded, "O-okay.... um.... I'm just.... I should go now... before I make this a lot.... worse...." she glanced at the door. "I'm really sorry, Danny.... I just thought you should know...."

Danny: "I'm sorry too." He said, his body now visibly sulking. He hung his head. "I understand."

Jessica: And now she felt awful.... she chewed her lip as she weighed up her options then leaned to give him a brief hug and a kiss on his cheek before hurrying to the door.

Danny: Danny practically melted. He said something akin to bye, but it sounded more like "buh".

Jessica: Jess slipped out of a window and headed for the roof. Maybe that would be a safer place to lurk for a while.....