5/26 Instance: Something In The Air Tonight

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/26 Instance: Something In The Air Tonight

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Herald> There was a flash of light and Pestilence and the Herald appeared on a roof over looking the ralley, her lips curled up in a sneer, "Look at them, filth. Thier very lives are an affront to the Master."

<@Lorna> "You know," Lorna muttered under her breath as she leaned towards Curt. "There are days when I am really tempted to make up some sort of drinking game for these things." She motioned to the FOH gathering they were on the fringes of, pulling her hat on more firmly as she wondered if her hair was too noticable.

<Curt> "I'm afraid of the hangover from that." He commented. "I'm glad this false arm looks so convincing..." he said sarcastically, being it was metal. "Should I tell them I lost it in a fight with mutants?" he snorted.

<@Lorna> "Oh yeah, defending little girls from their vicious tentacles." Lorna nodded, surprised she could manage her straight face doing so.

<Curt> They got as close to the crowd as Curt was comfortable with. Then they kept going. "Okay, I'm officially becoming freaked out." He didn't like that he had to wear a shirt that said "MUTIES SUCK". It was completely hack-job. Unprofessional too. He didn't want to give the shirt the time and effort to be properly designed.

<Pestilence> Pestilence grinned and coughed. The cough had been getting worse and his face was looking more and more sunken. Slowly but surely, Reed was looking more like the bringer of disease and death. Wiping at the corner of his mouth, he looked to the Herald ", they will make wonderful test subjects for my newest upgrade."

<Herald> "Indeed they will," a cruel smile played over her lips and she pulled her hood up, "the humans will know soon that such petty rebellions will not be tollerated by our Lord."

<@Lorna> "Yeah, it's...sort of a step down." That was not the way to think about things, though. Lorna sort of wanted to wash her mouth out for actually having said that. That was the kind of things that probably came out of this Apocalypse fellow's mouth when he was a little kid burning ants with his magnifying glass.

<Herald> "Let me know when you are ready, Pestilence, and we shall make our entrance," the Herald said, folding her arms.

<Pestilence> Taking a deep breath and coughing all the more for it, a crust forming at the corners of his mouth, he nodded. Straightening up and grinning, Pestilence turned to her ", I am most ready."

<Herald> There was a crack and a door of red light appeared next to them, "Let's go," she said, walking through it.

<Curt> "Yeah, screw mutants." he said, unconvincingly as someone stormed by shouting such things. "Scorch 'em, burn 'em, roast 'em, toast 'em, whatever."

<@Lorna> "Well, at least it isn't violent yet." She murmured though she noticed that there were a lot more people at this than she had expected. "I think the whole Poccy business is drawing a crowd to this kind of stuff though."

<Herald> A few seconds later they appeared in the midst of the crowd, the Herald raised her arms in the air and exclaimed "Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, ‘Come!’ I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest," she then turned and bowed to Pestilence.

<Curt> "Whoa! Crazy just got crazier, Professor!" He said, practically whacking her to grab her attention (as if she needed it).

<Pestilence> Stepping through the portal, Pestilence grinned. He looked for all the world like a mad scientist that had caught every disease known to mankind. Stained white lab coat over a black body suit with straps and made to stretch with him, he stepped forward through the crowd ", greetings. I am Pestilence and you," he called out and grinned, coughing a bit ", are my lab rats."

<@Lorna> "...oh god, I said his nickname and they came." Lorna's mouth dropped open, stunned for the moment

<Curt> "He's not Beetlejuice." Curt hoped. "Wait, us? Oh god... More disease! Professor, if he's going to do this we could be in serious trouble..."

<@Lorna> "Evacuate!" Lorna called out, both meaning it as telling Curt to help her get the people out and for the people to have the sense to leave She, on the other hand, shoved forward, trying to hurry to where Clarice and Reed had appeared.

<Pestilence> Slowly turning his head towards the yell, Pestilence coughed, fluid running down his chin ", helo, Professor."

<Herald> A few of the humans tried to attack them, the Herald just caught them in portals and then dropped them out of the sky to land on the crowd with a laugh.

<Herald> "They called out in a loud voice, ‘How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?’" the Herald quoted, as people started to scream and run from them, "Today, vengence comes, judgement comes to those who would defy the right and true order of the world!"

<Herald> "You are weak, and we are the strong! We will use your blood as our cement, your bones as our bricks to build a new, purer world in His image!" She tossed a few more humans up into the air with her portals for extra effect.

<@Lorna> Dodging a person that had been ported over her head, Lorna shoved him off to get out of the area, fighting to get to them as she started to try to get a forcefield up and around the two of them.

<Pestilence> A coughing fit struck Pestilence so hard he had to put his hands on his knees, spittle flying from his mouth. With every cough, he expelled a little more disease into the air. He laughed and coughed harder.

<Curt> Curt tried to rush people out, trying to humor them. "Step lively! Quickly! Stop being belligerent and racist and just move it along!!" He didn't know how to help. The Lizard was certainly no use in this situation. He was far from his medical bag.

<Herald> She noticed the two running towards them and gave a wicked smile, "X-Men ... you're out of place here, traitors."

<@Lorna> "I don't think that's scripture, Herald." Lorna smirked, concentrating on lifting Clarice. If they could keep her Reed wouldn't have a way out...not that Reed looked like a person she wanted to touch at the moment.

<Herald> The Herald frowned as she felt herself being lifted off the ground, "You dare!" She snapped, creating a portal under Lorna to throw her into the air.

<@Lorna> Letting out a yelp as she fell through the portal, Lorna was forced to let go of Clarice as she found herself in the air, stopping herself from falling just barely.

<Herald> "You are no match for us, X-Man, the Master has improved us! The Master has made US the strongest!" She gave a high, shrill laugh, "Pestilence may not be able to touch you, for your blood is yet worthy, but soon the others will come!"

<Pestilence> Grinning with a manic glint to his eye, Pestilence made his way through the crowd, coughing and spraying on anyone that got close enough.

<Curt> No getting away from this... Time to let the Green out. He felt the muscles and the fangs ripping through his human flesh in moments. "Sssit down and ssshut up!" Lizard hissed, rearing up and pouncing towards the Herald.

<Herald> "The black horse comes, he rides, he rides for you!" She pointed, sounding more and more manic by the second, "he shall measure all on his scales and you will be found less than worthy, you will shrivel, you bones scattered so that the dogs and vermin will feast upon it!"

<@Lorna> "Careful, Lizard!" Lorna called, turning to put a forcefield between Pestilence and the crowd. It might not stop whatever he was spreading but at least he wouldn't be able to walk into the retreating crowd any farther.

<Herald> "You would set your beast on me?" the Herald drew two crystal blades and readdied herself.

<Pestilence> Putting a hand in front of the forcefield, Pestilence grinned, fluid running down his chin. "This will not stop what I have already done. My agents have been spread by air and will soon consume everyone!"

<Curt> Lizard slammed into The Herald and snarled. "Yessss!"

<Herald> With an 'oof' they rolled to the ground, her hood falling back to reveal a face that was starting to look more grey than pink, and a muscle twitching under her eye, "Get off me, vermin!" She screamed, ramming one of the blades into his shoulder and teleporting him away in a flash of red light.

<@Lorna> "There are all ready ambulances on the way considering how many people were here. You're not going to scare me that easily." Lorna partially lied, wishing she had a way to contain Reed to that point as she worked her forcefield around him.

<Curt> Lizard landed a dozen or so feet away from Lorna, hard and with a roar of frustration and pain. He hissed, puffed his chest and stood on both legs. Tearing off what was left of Curt's shirt and pants, it dropped back to all fours, galloping towards Herald.

<Pestilence> "No doctor can help them! Let the ambulances come and take them away and spread my creation," he threw his hands up and laughed, quickly turning into a cough.

<Herald> "And this is why you are unworthy, you do not adapt, if you do not adapt, you will die!" She ported him away again.

<Curt> "Gah!" Lizard was was beyond enraged now.

<@Lorna> Lorna couldn't help but leap back when Pestilence coughed, having no idea what he was spreading this time.

<Pestilence> Pulling back and letting his fist stretch to many times it's normal size, Pestilence threw a punch at the forcefield ", I thought that I proved last time that these weak fields do not hold me! Did I leave little Susan bleeding on the floor," he asked with a hacking cackle.

<@Lorna> "I don't need it to hold for long, just long enough for people to get away from you."

<Herald> "Can you evacuate the block? The neighbourhood? The city?" The Herald laughed and she climbed to her feet and pulled her hood back up, "Pestilence moves through the air itself, it cannot be stopped!"

<Pestilence> A burst of awful laughter and Pestilence leaning over to vomit a bit ", but my work is already done! My creation has already begun it's spread! With every breath I took and every cough that wracked my body, my lovely hand crafted disease started to infect the crowd and they will continue my work themselves!"

<Curt> Lizard spun about, his tail whipping around as he tried to push through crowds. Blink had really sent him way out. He leapt onto building walls and climbed those instead, hopping from building to building, closing in on the madness.

<Herald> "Pestilence, are you finished? We have a schedual after all," the Herald asked, teleporting some cop cars into a skyscraper.

<Pestilence> "Oh very much so, dear Herald. I am more than finished," he turned to Lorna ", until the next time we meet, Professor."

<Herald> The Herald opened a portal under Pestilence, summoning him to her side, "We would love to play some more, but we are required elsewhere, perhaps you could tell your speeders to meet us in Las Vegas?" She laughed again.

<@Lorna> "Damnit, no!" Lorna turned, pulling the roof off of one of the nearby cars, sending it towards Clarice and Reed to wrap around them.

<Pestilence> "Yes, give Jean-Paul my warmest regards," Pestilence laughed.

<Herald> "But I'm sure I'll see you again soon, X-Men, one the day when all will be weighed and measured," she said mysteriously, taking hold of Reed's arm they vanished in another flash of red light just as the roof was about to hit them.

<Curt> Lizard leapt from the building but they were gone, and instead he hit pavement. He lashed out, digging repeatedly into the cement. "Rrraaaarrrrgh! Hkkkssss!!"

<@Lorna> There was swearing must unbecoming of a professor coming from Lorna at the moment. "Lizard?!" She looked around, looking until she heard the roarings and hissings. "Are you all right?"

<Curt> "Eattsssss them!" He hissed. "Ssstupid! Brat with crystalssss!"

<@Lorna> "I'll buy you a shawarma to make up for it?" Lorna offered, hoping she wasn't going to have to ride back hom with a very Lizardy Curt.

<Curt> Lizard's head perked up and his eyes became shrewd with contemplation. "... Yesss.... Sssshawarma."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 5/26 Instance: Something In The Air Tonight

Post by Ferguson »

I *still* have that song stuck in my head.

It's just not fair.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 5/26 Instance: Something In The Air Tonight

Post by puppygirl »

Buwahahahahahahaaaaaa!