5/27 Instance: Oddly Thereputic

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/27 Instance: Oddly Thereputic

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined before Plants vs. X-men

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul had tried to worm out the chance to go on another patrol today but apparently there was this thing called rest others seemed to think that he was denying himself which...well, yeah they had a point but he was still going to grumble about it in his mind.

<@Jean-Paul> The news seemed to love replaying the events of yesterday over and over so he found himself curled up agains the arm of the sofa, watching again as Professor Drake and Curt attempted to deal with Clarice and Reed.

<Mick> Mick had stuck his head into the recroom, then retreated - but not because he was avoiding JP, no. No, he came and plonked himself next to the guy, a nice, cold, fresh milkshake and a slice of freshly-baked Death-By-Chocolate cake being put in front of him. The guy looked like he needed cheering up - and well he did, what with the ever-repeating cycles of his boyfriend and best friend on the news.

<Mick> "Hey, dude, that shit's jus' gonna make you more miserable, you know tha', right?" He said, slurping on his own milkshake. He still wasn't sitting too near, but it was obvious he was making an effort.

<@Jean-Paul> "I don't know, it's strangely thereputic." Jean-Paul laughed, taking the offered treats with a thank you as he drew himself up from the corner he had smushed himself into. "Would much rather be out on patrol now. People've gone absolutely insane out there now."

<Mick> Mick sighed, nodding. "I heard...and saw." He shook his head. "Mean, I'm used t' some starin' but not to people runnin' the hell away in case I'm a Horseman...or throwin' shit at me an' bein' told to fuck off." He shook his head, eyes on the television. "Lemme guess, you want to stay busy, people are tellin' ya to stay at home because you're personally involved?"

<@Jean-Paul> "We're all personally involved. I've been sent home to rest for a while." Jean-Paul said between slurps of milkshake. "Yeah, sometimes that happens unfortunately. It's just...not usually this bad." He admitted with a sigh. "I suppose people have a right to be nervous, though."

<Mick> "Yeah...but I hardly know these guys. You..." He didn't need to say it, and figured JP could do without it being rubbed in his face. He sighed, slumping back and picking at a hole in his jeans. "Eh. Anyway, figured you could like...use a distraction. You mind me hangin' with you for a bit? Gotta be better'n brooding, right?" He gave JP an unsure smile.

<@Jean-Paul> "Beats the hell out of it, I'm horrible at brooding." It was impossible, for instance, to brood with a milkshake. It simply was not done. "And I appreciate the distraction as well...so how have you been since the...island incident?"

<Mick> "Broodin' is for hens - 's what Ironboots told me." He slurped the milkshake. "...My grandma. Don't ask how she got tha' nickname." He chuckled to himself. "Eh..." He sobered slightly. "I'd be lyin' if I said I was fine. Still get nigh'mares'n shit an' took me forever to sleep...guess I wasn' expectin' shit like that in the first fortnight as a hero, huh..."

<@Jean-Paul> "That's...a great nickname." Jean-Paul couldn't argue against that. "Yeah, wasn't exactly expecting that one, sucks you had to start out on that." The cake was pretty damned good, too but as the clips started focusing on the much, much more sick and, to put it mildly, icky Reed, Jean-Paul was almost put off of it.

<Mick> Yeeaah, sorry JP, that was being turned off now. Mick leant across and flicked the 'off' button. "Sorry, man...I want t' enjoy my cake. You do not need to watch that shit on repeat, JP, it really ain' healthy..." Unless the guy was into - oh god no, no, get off that thought line. Godew. Mick had an internal flail moment. "I...gotta admit, I kinda imagined being an X-Man would be more...glamourous..."

<@Jean-Paul> "I told you, it's thereputic. It's at least proof that they're both still alive." Jean-Paul gave him a slight stink eye for turning it off but didn't argue at the moment, forking his cake thoughtfully. "Yeah, it's not all much in the way of fun and games this side of things, is it?"

<Mick> "JP...watchin' reruns of your...guy throwin' up all over the place is not provin' he's alive." Mick sighed. "It's also gross. No offence, but it really is." He nestled down a little. "No, but hey, I knew it weren't all sunshine'n daisies." He thought for a moment. "...What's Reed'n Clarice really like? I mean...before all this...I know they were people's friends..." He hoped getting JP's mind onto positives might work...a bit.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, he wasn't dead yesterday so I count that as proof so far...at least up until that point." He insisted, sighing at Mick's complaints and stuffing his face with cake to keep himself from arguing the point further. So what if it was gross? It was better than accepting the alternative.

<@Jean-Paul> "Reed is absolutely brilliant and just as socially awkward as you can imagine. He's absolutely clueless about a lot of things and, depending on the person's mood, it can be really annoying or sort of endearing. Clarice, she's probably one of the closest things to a completely good and honest hero as anyone's going to ever see."

<Mick> Mick wasn't going to argue. Hell, he'd never lost anyone close to him in his life, so God only knew what JP was going through...but damnit, he was going to try to make him feel better. Minus vomity TV. "You...care f' Reed a lot, huh." He inwardly flailed a little bit, then rolled his eyes at himself. "An' Clarice? She's a good friend? I'm...wishin' I knew these guys before this...I feel kinda...I mean I wanna save them, but...you know?"

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul nodded at both questions. "I do, you'll probably get along with him pretty well, really, though I can't imagine after this he's going to be up for too much socialization." Actually, Jean-Paul wasn't sure if Reed would be socializing with anyone, even people he knew well and cared for. "You'll like Clarice, too, if you can get over your hippie-phobia and realize she's talking about Karma from a religious standpoint."

<Mick> "Hey, th' only hippy shit I can't swallow's my parents...special brand. If she's honest-to-god religious an' not just lookin' for an excuse to be bone-fuckingly high all the time, I can live wit' it." Mick nodded, before sighing, leaning his head back. "This stinks. Tell y' what, this bastard better pay for causin' nice guys to become bad ones an' makin' humans hate mutants more, JP."

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh, she won't get high." Jean-Paul laughed, imagining the sight of a stoned Clarice and laughing harder. "Don't worry, he will. I just hope everyone is all right after all of this."

<Mick> "Oh good! In that case, she's my friend already." Mick grinned easily, before sobering a little. "Well...all we can do is be there, righ'? I mean...they won' know me except as th' blond with a stupid accent, but I wanna help. It's like a cult though, right? First thing's to break th' hold, second's to support..." No, he wasn't going to compare this to Warcraft. Bad Mick.

<@Jean-Paul> If he went ahead and did so Jean-Paul would more than likely miss the reference. "I suppose it's pretty cult like...but I don't know what kind of a cult that has members looking like how Reed looks right now."

<Mick> "Yeah. I figured he don' do that normally, right?" Mick pulled a face, finishing his cake. "Well...think it's safe t' say there's definite Endtimes bandying about, which I notice has all the religious nuts goin' insane...what's it with Americans and their 'End is Nigh' things?"

<@Jean-Paul> "I have no idea. Canada has protected me from understanding that." Jean-Paul shook his head, the whole idea beyond him. "I suppose it's in the kool-aid?"

<@Jean-Paul> "And no, he's definitely not normally like that." Jean-Paul flipped his phone open and leafed through for pictures before pulling up some for Mick to see. "There they are."

<Mick> Mick took the phone, looking at the picture of JP and his boyfriend. Wow...they looked happy, though Reed looked kinda shy and cute. And Clarice apparently really was that pink. "...Wow...yeah, whoever did this t' ya guy's a dead man. Seriously...that shit is not on." Mick handed it back. "Either the Kool-aid or the piss-poor beer they got here. Ech."

<@Jean-Paul> "Oh God, have you been drinking the bad beer? No, no no, always go with the microbrews, not the scary pale stuff. That's for rednecks, high schoolers, and hipsters."

<Mick> "Hey, it's a habit, I walk into a bar I buy beer." Mick stuck out his tongue in the universal ick sign. "I'm jus' gonna stick to spirits. Beer ain' my favourite drink anyway." He slurped up the last of his milkshake. "Ain' any of them. I'm a full-blown geek, simple as."

<@Jean-Paul> "...the natty lite boxes do serve pretty well for fake armour costumes." Jean-Paul shrugged. "But, then again, boxed wine would be more amusing than that I'd imagine."

<@Mick> "Boxed wine? Hell no, only cheapass winos drink that crass." Mick pulled a face. "I mean, it's fine for parties but ugh. Though...if y' going into armour territory, they make good helmets." Spoken with experience.

<Jean-Paul> "Well, next time you and I get to fight a horseman we know what we're adding to our uniforms."

<@Mick> "And, I hope, doin' it piss-ass drunk, yeah?" Mick chuckled. "Or is tha' what X-Men do after a mission?"

<Jean-Paul> "It's best after. It numbs injury pain though Doctor Scott does sort of frown on it."

<@Mick> "Yeah, but alcohol's a cleaner, righ'?" Mick pointed out. "I mean, they even use it in medicine. It cleans an' numbs an' does all sorts of good shit. He should totally be giving us prescriptions."

<Jean-Paul> "Do you think we can go downstairs and get a perscription for booze?"

<@Mick> "I dunno...mebbe if we say we'll get the fruity kind we can totally put tha' under our five-a-day...?"

<Jean-Paul> "Going down to bother him is better than just sitting here anyway, even though the cake and milkshake were delicious."

<@Mick> "There is more cake and milkshake, but it'd taste better with booze." Mick decided. "I like how y' mind works, it agrees wit' mine." He grinned - anything to distract JP from ick. "Hell, if he refuses...we jus' go Vito's. We'll have to pay for it there but sacrifices, righ'?"

<Jean-Paul> "I'm willing to make that sacrifice." Jean-Paul hauled himself from the sofa, figuring it was as good enough excuse to get him to move as anything, even though it probably would keep him from patrol longer than he liked.

<@Mick> "C'mon then. Let's go get our weekly checkup - though you make any fuckin' comments about latex gloves an' lube an' I am outta there." He laughed, standing up and stretching. "Onward!"
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 5/27 Instance: Oddly Thereputic

Post by puppygirl »

Awww, poor JP :(

But yay for Mick cheering him up a bit, and getting over the homophobia!