5/27 Instance: War is Upon Us

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

5/27 Instance: War is Upon Us

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined After Death Inspires War -- Literally

<@DrEssex> Considering how very displeased Mr. Nur was with the events of Famine's attack, Dr. Essex felt it was high time to give him something to be happy about so there was a quickness to his step today and the squeak in his cart's wheel sounded faster as he came along the corridor.

<@DrEssex> His card came out and swiped through the slot by Hope's door, pushing his way through as it slid open. "Good morning, War. How are we today?"

<Hope> "Why just delightful, Dr. Wackadoodle. We know how I relish being away from my friends. And are you feeling extra vile today? You seemed to have extra pep in your step."

<@DrEssex> "Of course, efficiency is at it's xenith." Dr. Essex answered with a small smile despite it being a lie. Famine was lost to them, lost and a risky venture to get back if they were to entertain the notion. "I trust things have kept you on your toes since I've seen you last? I believe one of the Acolytes is working out your arrangements. I'm sure your mission will be laid out soon."

<Hope> "Oh goodie. And does it come with ice cream?"

<@DrEssex> "From my understandings on where you might be going it might be a bit cold for ice cream, my dear. But for now, shall we make do with my lab?"

<Hope> "You do know I am from Alaska right? Or has your awesome research failed you."

<@DrEssex> "No, I'm well aware, and I cannot imagine ice cream is overly popular in Alaska near the end of March. Please, do correct me if I am wrong." He motioned for his assistant to bring in the chair for her.

<Hope> "You've clearly never had snow ice cream. It's alright, I forgive you Dr. Wackadoodle." Hope didn't bother fighting. She somewhat enjoyed being wheeled around... just not where she was wheeled to.

<@DrEssex> "No my dear, I'm more than aware of what might very well be in it." He smied though, glad she didn't struggle like some of the others when it came to being taken in. The condition the assistants had brought his dear Death in was still a point of contention between him and the staff.

<@DrEssex> "Now, we'll be doing two things with you today, we'll start with the least invasive."

<Hope> "Oh goodie. From bad to nightmare!" Hope clapped her hands mockingly.

<@DrEssex> "I'm glad you appreciate it." He smiled, leading the way and waving to the guard at the end of the hallway. "You would think after Death's training they would be more wary."

<Hope> "We've already established what I think of your staff and their competence."

<@DrEssex> "Oh, they aren't mine, my dear, though they serve their purpose well enough."

<Hope> "That is debatable."

<@DrEssex> "Have you escaped?"

<Hope> "Have I tried?"

<@DrEssex> "Well, I can assure you. People have tried, it won't work." The doctor smiled, pushing the doors to his lab open.

<Hope> "I don't try. I do."

<@DrEssex> He smiled over at her again at that. That was just adorable. "Now, open up your mouth and say ahhhh." He pulled one of his swabs from the table, all ready prepped for his DNA work for Mr. Nur.

<Hope> Hope rolled her eyes and opened her mouth.

<@DrEssex> The doctor ended up using a few of his swabs, going over her slowly to best satisfy his desires for certainty. Perhaps he should pull other things from her as well as backup. A little spinal fluid wouldn't hurt. That would be later though if this didn't work to his satisfaction. "Thank you very much."

<Hope> "...now where's my lollipop for being good for the doctor?"

<@DrEssex> "You mean you want it before your shots? That's a bit unorthodox but I suppose." And he was prepared for that, too, holding out a bubblegum filled lollipop to her and his syringe in the other.

<Hope> Hope shuddered. She still hated needles. "Fine." She reached out for the lollipop and looked away so she didn't have to watch the shot.

<@DrEssex> He sat down, giving a series of injections. "They will take a moment to take effect. Your mind will grow fuzzy."

<Hope> She was surprised at how quickly everything seemed to work without those healing factors she was used to having around. "Goodie."

<@DrEssex> The Doctor sat back, watching her for a while, smiling to himself as he waited for it to take effect. "Well, War, tell me how you feel?"

<Hope> "...like I just smoked an enormous joint... Got any cheetos?"

<@DrEssex> "Perhaps you can talk the others into taking you down to the cafeteria after your time with them. I'm afraid I'm turning you over for the moment, War."

<Hope> "Groooooovy.................." Hope moved to the floor. "The ceiling is sooo cool."

<@DrEssex> The Doctor looked up at the metallic vented ceiling. "...I suppose you are right." He motioned for his assistant. "Please bring Mr. Cortez in. We're ready for him."

<Hope> Hope drew doodles in the air with her finger.

<@Fabian> Soon enough the Doctor was out of sight as Hope was turned around by Fabian. The Spaniard chuckled a bit at the air doodles, not having witnessed the effects of the drug cocktail at this point. "Hello War. I believe this is our first meeting, yes?"

<Hope> "...damn right. I'd remember you sexy thing."

<@Fabian> That was not quite the reaction Fabian had expected but he grinned at it quite happily. "I'm glad I make an impression. I'd remember you, too."

<Hope> "Duh. So I was promised that you would get me cheetos."

<@Fabian> "Well, I'll certainly take you on a lunch date, cheetos it is. I'm afraid we have to stop off at my sister's first, if you don't mind."

<Hope> "I'm not interested in a threesome."

<@Fabian> Fabian couldn't help but pull a face, imagining that. "Don't worry, she's not invited for that or our lunch date."

<Hope> Hope giggled at him. "Ok... but do I have to move?"

<@Fabian> "Not at all, you can keep to your chair and I can move you around just as we are." Fabian explained as he pushed her along.

<Hope> "Too faaaaast! Slow down."

<@Fabian> This really shouldn't be funny. That was what Fabian was telling himself but he still smirked and slowed down, creeping to the elevator.

<Hope> "I wanna push the button I wanna push the button!" Hope reached for it, dangerously close to falling out of her chair.

<@Fabian> "Okay, but you have to make me a promise and stay in the chair, all right? No falling out." Fabian couldn't help but laugh quietly, pulling her up to the button.

<Hope> Hope pounded away on the button. Button!

<@Fabian> Dr. Essex really did make some good stuff. How on earth was this the intimidating War they had been preparing for. "You told that button." He pushed her on in the second the doors came open. "Would you like to tell the button for level three as well?"

<Hope> Hope smashed that button. She told that button. That button begged for mercy.

<@Fabian> "Well pressed, War." Fabian smirked down at her as they made their way down.

<Hope> "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE. I have a naaaaaaaaame. Without me.... there is no hooooopeeeee!!!" She giggled.

<@Fabian> Now so far both their Herald and their Famine had insisted on being called by their names. Fabian had given both of them similar answers to the fact that he himself was one of the few people who's names were good enough to coast by in day to day use but right now he simply couldn't form the words, concentrating on not laughing too hard. "Yes, yes you do."

<Hope> "If alll the rain drops, were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain that would be!" Hope sang at the top of her lungs.

<@Fabian> "You have...quite the voice." Fabian commented, watching the numbers tick by on the elevator. Aaaaalmost.

<Hope> "If you were my boyfriend you wouldn't forget about me right?"

<@Fabian> "Oh, I don't think anyone could forget you." Fabian assured her, almost letting out a sigh of relief as the doors came open again. Hoping against hope that Essex hadn't somehow messed up his usual doses and it was just much stronger on this one, Fabian made his way down to the usual training room.

<Hope> "Cheeeetos?" Hope asked hopefully.

<@Fabian> "Next, I promise. We have to go disappoint my sister with the fact neither of us would invite her."

<Hope> "Oh yes. Dissappoint away."

<@Fabian> "Lets shall, then." Fabian slid his card through the slot, the door sliding open to reveal the blank and closed off version of the training room, bare of anything at the moment save his sister swinging the golf club she had used on one of Apocalypse's underlings after they had messed up...that was a bit unsettling there.

<Hope> Hope didn't like this room, but her world was entirely rocked anyway. She watched Fabian a bit. Was he cute?

<@Fabian> "Right, get it over with. If it goes better than I expect I might be able to keep my lunch date." Fabian waved his sister over who actually skipped over the distance, smiling a wide and cheerful grin as she did.

<Hope> Hope was totally unprepared for the attack on her mind. She fought against it, her body flailing with her mind. Without her powers, she felt totally defenseless. She fought, hard, thinking of all she had to go back to. She couldn't give up.

<Hope> Teagan's warning that Johnny had already moved on came to the forefront of her mind. What if he had? Why would he wait around? Nobody had ever wanted her during her lifetime. She had been stupid to think he was different. She was just a nice piece of ass until something better came along.

<Hope> Flooded by hurt and rage, Hope gave in and felt everything change. All at once, a calm came over her and she stood up, snapping her collar of and shaking out her arms a bit, as if she had been tied down for ages. "Lunch." She calmly.

<@Fabian> Fabian looked at his sister, wondering what on earth had been whispered between the two of them but did not at all want to know. "Lunch it is." He nodded, taking War out of the room.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 5/27 Instance: War is Upon Us

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Poor Hope. She didn't even get a GOOD flavor of lollipop.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 5/27 Instance: War is Upon Us

Post by Ferguson »

It's always the bad kind of lolli from Essex.