6/1 Instance: Speaking of Invisible Walls...

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/1 Instance: Speaking of Invisible Walls...

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined the morning after [Instance]Drinking up a Storm.

Danny: Danny knocked on Sue's door loudly for a third time. "Sue, I really need to talk to you. Please."

Sue: Sue groaned and dragged herself out of bed to unlock the door before dragging herself right back to bed and crawling back under the sheets. Waaaaaarm.

Danny: "Sue, I need to ask you something very imp-... What're you doing?" He noticed her go right back to the bed. "It's like... one in the afternoon."

Sue: "That's nice...." she curled up and peered out from under the blankets at him, "What's the matter?"

Danny: "I need to ask you about someone." he nearly exclaimed. "It's... it's sort of a dating thing. And being you and I were the last well... thing. That I had... With anyone... point is, I need your advice. Why're you squinting?"

Sue: She pinched the bridge of her nose, "I was out drinking last night... have a bit of a headache.... what person?" she yawned, "Have you got a cruuuuush?" she grinned a little.

Danny: "I-... yes." He nodded. "And I think... maybe, she does? But I'm not sure. I need your help figuring some things out. And I need you to be honest with me. But first, I also need you to not tell your brother."

Sue: "Pfft I'm not telling him anything, he'll only use it to mock you and I hate it when he does that." She patted the end of her bed after shuffling into a sitting position. "Come and tell me all about it."

Danny: "Thank you." he said to both. "Well... here's the deal. There's a girl on campus who I really like... but I can't be sure that I actually like her. And I think she actually likes me, but I could be completely wrong, and she just might suck at social interactions."

Danny: "But she helps me out a lot, and I help her out a lot. And I feel sad a lot, as you well know, and she helps me feel better. I genuinely have a strong uh... feeling for her. One I haven't really felt before." He stopped and looked to her with a careful smile. "No offense."

Sue: "None taken." she smiled back, "First of all I just want to say that I'm glad I didn't put you off women altogether.... and second of all... have you thought about telling her all of this?"

Danny: "Uh... I kinda did." He said flatly.

Sue: "And what did she say?" Sue scrubbed her face with her hands in an attempt to wake up.

Danny: "She didn't seem to be all that thrilled. She didn't turn me away... but she let me know that I might not be feeling what I was actually feeling. Which I know is wrong, but I'm pretty sure there is a trust thing there. A wall. You're good with invisible walls, how do I get through that?"

Sue: "Oh jeez.... I don't know.... punching them worked well for you the last time I put one up...." she got up to get a glass of water while she thought about it. "What's this about not feeling what you're feeling? Because that just sounds weird... and lie-y...."

Danny: "Well... no... I just can't give you that information. Sue, she trusts me. It's a personal thing, it's something she needs to come out with herself. If she wants to tell people, she'll tell them when she's ready. It's like when you're gay, and you don't want everyone to know?"

Danny: He hoped she got the reference. "A private thing. Something you're not ready for yet. Not comfortable with yourself enough yet, I guess... I want to help her be that way though! Comfortable! She has these invisible walls around her blocking other people out."

Sue: "Well then I think you just answered your own question." she walked back to the bed, sipping her drink, "Prove to her she can trust you and the rest'll fall into place just... don't rush it and scare her off. It sounds like she's kinda shy or something so just be the nice guy I know you are." she gave him a smile.

Danny: "That sounds... a lot simpler than I was imagining, thank you Sue! Wow!" His eyes glowed with sudden realization. "I can... that's great! Alright! Oh man... there was something else I wanted to tell you."

Sue: "Sure, go ahead while we're on a roll." she pulled her blankets up around her shoulders and curled up on her bed again after putting her glass down. "Oh and you're welcome."

Danny: "I-... well... I don't know if I really want to have this conversation now. Do you want to wait until you're feeling better."

Sue: She gave a shrug, "I'm okay. Nothing a cuppa and a fry up won't sort out. But if you want to wait then we can wait."

Danny: "Well... no. Look, Sue, I'm going out tonight. Jess and I... we're gonna do this thing. I don't know how much I want to tell you but, ... it's something I gotta do."

Sue: Sue frowned a little, "Is this thing dangerous by any chance? Is that why you're telling me?"

Danny: "I don't know." He insisted. "I don't know what it is just... if it did... I want to be next to my parents. Can you help arrange that? Can I get you to promise me that if anything should ever happen to me, that you can try your hardest to do that for me?"

Sue: Sue bit her lip but nodded, "Nothing's going to happen like that.... but on the off-chance.... I promise I'd do what I could...."

Danny: He nodded to show his gratuity. "It won't. I'm too awesome for anything like that to happen to me."

Sue: "Yes. That." she nodded and leaned to hug him, "Be careful though, yeah? No crazy antics to impress anyone."

Danny: He gladly hugged her and remembered briefly what it was like to do so simply out of the sake of needing someone to hug. He realized now Jess' hugs felt... more right.

Danny: "Well let me ask you something... when I get back, because I will, can you help me set up a romantic dinner for this other person I spoke of?"

Sue: She nodded, "Yeah I can do that.... I'll try not to be hungover for that too." she gave a grin.

Danny: "Good. Thank you. Alright, I'm gonna get out of your hair and let you uh... sort yourself out." He flashed a grin back at her and got up to the door. "Surprised you didn't ask me who she is... you been sneaking?"

Sue: "No... I just figure I can spy later.... after my fry up... I should probably go and see if Johnny's alive and wants one too.... mostly just so I can watch him turn green." she grinned evilly.

Danny: "I'll leave you to it." He waved and headed out. "Thanks again!" he called.

Sue: "You're welcome, Danny. Any time." she smiled and waved after him, then got up to go and have a shower.