6/15 Instance: Top Secret Secrets

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/15 Instance: Top Secret Secrets

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Illyana> Illyana settled into her seat at the kitchen counter and licked her lips just a little. This cake was going to be amazing! She carefully picked up her fork and dove into it. Oh yes... yes this was delicious cake. She patted her stomach gently. Good decision.

<Eddie> There was a loud yawn, almost obnoxiously so, as Eddie Brock entered the kitchen. Strange, this place felt less and less like his current home recently - what, with staying at Liza's place more and more. He stretched and adjusted his t-shirt, pausing at who he saw.

<Eddie> "...Illy? Oh, my God, it IS you!"

<Illyana> Illyana paused with the fork in her mouth, then pulled it out with a smile. She finished her bite as she got up and moved around to hug him. "Eddie!"

<Eddie> Eddie grabbed her (probably with a little more enthusiasm than either of their partners would feel comfortable with) in a two-armed embrace and hugged her back. "God, it's been so long!", he moved back so he could look at her face. "How've you been? You look fantastic!"

<Illyana> She laughed at him, catching her breath a bit from the hug. "I'm great... terrific actually. How have you been? It seems like I haven't seen you in ages."

<Eddie> "I've been off the radar for a while. In between crimefighting, I've been enjoying more and more downtime.", Eddie confessed, smirking with confidence, "Hell, I'm half considering a job now!"

<Illyana> "Don't be silly." She teased him, pushing him just a bit as she went back to her cake. "You already have a full time job keeping me entertained with your comic."

<Eddie> "Which, by the way, is going amazingly!", Eddie laughed, shaking his head at the push. "Seriously considering selling my stuff to someplace like Image Comics, or Dark Horse, if they'll take it. Hell, I'm working on another comic at the moment, too!"

<Illyana> "Ohhh you'll have to make sure I get a copy once it's finished. Want some cake?" She took another bite of it, content with life for the moment. Delicious cake made that possible.

<Eddie> Eddie shrugged, "Er...sure! Why not?", he grinned, "Never saw you as much of a confection person, actually; develop a sweet tooth while I was away?"

<Illyana> "Well, it isn't as good as Emma's cakes, but just really wanted some chocolate cake. Hmmm that reminds me... I should talk Pietro into a trip there this weekend. I want some of her cake now."

<Eddie> "Oh, is he doing alright, by the way?", Eddie asked, genuinely curious - he'd pretty much let bygones be bygones. Besides, Pietro definitely had a harder time than him after their dispure all those months ago. "Sounds like you've got some major cravings, hehe."

<Illyana> "Oh he's doing great. Still doing his research. And those just kind of come and go." She shrugged a bit. She really missed tea though. Decaf just wasn't the same. "Any big summer plans?"

<Eddie> "Aaah, I don't know, really...few things I'm trying out when it comes to legitimate work.", Eddie nodded, "Oh, and maybe some conventions depending on finances and time.", he glanced down at Illyana's plate. "...wow...you're really powering through that, huh?", he smiled wryly.

<Illyana> Illyana wrinkled her nose at him. "What can I say? I love chocolate cake. But um... so you're graduating soon..." While Pietro was too, she was sure to still see him after that. Eddie... not so much.

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "Got a preeeetty good feeling about it, too! I kicked ass in Philosophy and Art, I know that much.", he grinned, cocky as ever. "Seriously; stood in front of a whole class and explained how the possible existence of God can be described with one example situation."

<Eddie> "I mean, I am literally just THAT good.", he nodded, looking at Illyana. "...something's on your mind. I can tell.", Eddie tapped his nose.

<Illyana> Depite the things on her mind, she smiled supportively for him. "I'm glad you are confident in your graduation... and yes... I kind of have a really big secret right now."

<Eddie> "Thanks, but I'm more interested in this 'big secret'...", Eddie smirked slyly, leaning in. "Is it true? Does Peety really have one testicle? Does he make you call it 'Steven'?", he jested.

<Illyana> He did get a playful shove for that. "Eddie! That's terrible!"

<Eddie> "But is it true!?", Eddie joked, laughing at her reaction. "Come on, seriously this time; spill!"

<Illyana> Illyana twirled a piece of her hair. "It's just... it's a BIG secret."

<Eddie> Eddie sat back. "...really: who do you trust more than me? Well, I suppose Pietro's pretty high up, but come on.", he shrugged his right shoulder, "If you can't trust me, the ORIGINAL 'New York Hero', who can you trust?"

<Eddie> He reached for her hand as she played with her lock of hair. "You can trust me, Illyana. You know that.", he smiled gently.

<Illyana> Illyana smiled at him, sighing just a bit. "You sure lay it on thick... ok... but you have to keep it a secret. Nobody knows. Not even our families. Ok?"

<Eddie> "My lips are sealed!", Eddie half laughed, throwing his hands up. "Go on, shoot."

<Illyana> Illyana glanced around, making sure they were totally alone. "Pietro and I are going to have a baby... two in fact, but still."

<Eddie> Eddie blinked, "..a-are y-...", 'Of course she's serious.', he thought suddenly.

<Eddie> "Wow....erm..."

<Illyana> "Yeah... we just found out... we're waiting a bit before we tell everyone."

<Eddie> "That's...", Eddie was somewhat confused at his feeling. Was he sad about this? No. No, he wasn't.

<Eddie> "I'm happy for you.", he smiled, finally. "I'm...really happy for you both. It's just so unexpected, you know? Feels like yesterday that we were...", he trailed off, looking away with a dry laugh.

<Illyana> "It was a surprise for all of us. Trust me." She watched him carefully. He seemed off at that news.

<Eddie> Eddie nodded, "I can only imagine - and thank God for that, right? Could you imagine me with kids? Haha...", he shook his head. "I-I AM happy for you, It's just...so weird, you know?"

<Eddie> "N-not that you're weird, now! Just...ugh...you know what I mean...", he sighed.

<Illyana> Illyana blinked at him just a bit. "You don't think about having kids someday?"

<Eddie> Eddie was caught aback by that, "W-what? I...er...I never really thought about it. I mean...", he frowned, "...I mean, I guess someday, maybe. B-but I'm like, what, 23? I don't even have a stable career yet."

<Illyana> "Oh... yeah right... a career would be a good thing to have...." Now she was starting to second guess the timing. Maybe this wasn't such a good thing.

<Eddie> Eddie could sense her mood dropping, "Hey, hey! I'm not saying it's a bad thing! A-aren't you happy?", he frowned again.

<Illyana> "Of course I was. Am! Of course I am!"

<Eddie> 'We recall the last time she said that, don't we...', Eddie nodded, "Well...that's all that matters, then.", he smiled, re-assuringly. "...you don't have...any doubts?"

<Illyana> "I have a million doubts." She laughed easily though. "I'm scared to death. But it is exciting."

<Eddie> "Scared? O-of what? You have so many people behind you, you're dating 'Peter Perfect', and living in his 'Perfect Palace'.", Eddie grinned back, "Come on, you can tell me."

<Illyana> "Married." She reminded him with a smirk. "Just... scared I won't be a good mom. Scared of living in that big house."

<Eddie> Eddie scoffed, "Illyana, you're gonna be a great Mom. You're you.", he shook his head in disbelief, "You worry too much! That's perfect 'Mother' material!"

<Eddie> "You're gonna be just fine, I know it.", he winked. "Surely as day follows night, surely as I'm gonna get an A in my Philosophy score."

<Illyana> Illyana smiled and kissed his cheek and smiled. "Thanks, Eddie. I can always count on you." She hugged him again.

<Eddie> Unable to fight the blush, Eddie relaxed into it and smiled. Giving Illyana a reassuring squeeze. "Yeah....yeah, you can."