6/17 Instance: Staff Meeting and 'Magic' Helmets

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/17 Instance: Staff Meeting and 'Magic' Helmets

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined the day after Rest In Pieces

<Jay> Jay huffed. "Y' know, if Ah'd been warned signin' up for dis shit meant paperwork, Ah wouldn'ta been talked into it so easy." He half-joked. "Ah hate paperwork so goddamned much." He eyed up his folder. "...Mebbe Ah could do dis wit' a drink?" He said hopefully.

<Darren> "Are you sure marking papers when drunk is such a good idea, you might write 'This composition fucking SUCKS!' or something," Darren grinned.

<Jay> "...Ah did warn 'em Ah'd be honest..."

<@Lorna> "You should have seen the insurance waivers for the ice carving lessons." Lorna half-chuckled. "At least now that we've got the school portion of things out of the way we can talk about the more important things, yeah?"

<Jay> "Oui, Ah'm not sure how y'all managed t' get dat across d' table, Lorna, without usin' some kinda telepath." Jay chuckled, arms folded over the back of the reversed chair.

<Bobby> Bobby just worked on his paperwork quietly, not listening to the others talk and not really paying attention to what he was doing, he realized. He'd read the same paragraph four times.

<@Lorna> Lorna cast a quick glance over to Bobby, frowning as she found herself distracted with wondering how he was for what felt like an impossible amount of times. "So, we know who it is we're going after now."

<Darren> Darren nodded, "Nur, he wasn't even flagged as a possibility for Appocalypse on the SHIELD databases, he's good."

<Jay> "Yeah, thanks to d' resident crazy an' JP's quick thinking." Lorna wasn't the only one worried about Bobby, but there was nothing he could really do. "Guess when someone's got access to dat amount of resources, y'all really can get away wit' everything."

<Selene> "Do those databases have any useful information about the man," Selene asked, finishing her task of drawing a face on another lemon with her black marker, setting it down to join her growing collection.

<Jay> Jay chewed on his pen, very glad he hadn't been there for Death's attack, as horrible as it sounded...the idea of having to actually fight Jill, even a fake one would have sent him running. "He's a sick sonuvabitch, dat much we know."

<Darren> "Well, yes and no, I mean he's rich, powerful and has a helluva lot of influence," his eyes strayed to Bobby, "but nothing to even suggest he could pull of this kinda thing, or that he even would. Guy's squeaky clean as far as they knew."

<@Lorna> "And we certainly wouldn't've thought anything about him after he helped out with the whole Genosha thing." Lorna sighed, deciding to abandon her own paperwork.

<Jay> Jay got up, wandering to the coffee maker, putting it on for the rest of them too while he was there. "Oui, but what a perfect front, mmm? Be the good guy, help out an' den no one will even think to look at you when d' shit hits the fan."

<Bobby> Yep, works for me, Bobby didn't say, although he frosted his pen, then stopped and looked at it.

<Selene> "Aside of having some kind of god complex and using his own family for his strange vision of survival of the fittest, that is," Selene remarked, giving her lemons a scrutinizing look. "Not to mention his tendency for the overly dramatic. I remember seeing his name on the news a few times."

<Selene> "I must say, he did a decent job of hiding his madness from the public and masquerading it as philanthropy," she added.

<Darren> "Yeah, no doubt," Darren raised an eyebrow at the pen frosting but didn't say anything, "and the fact he's stone-cold enough to order a hit on his own cousin," he shook his head as he remembered digging up the bodies of Clarice's parents.

<Jay> "Ah dunno, Ah'd say d' guy's so sane he's out d' other side." Jay looked at Bobby's frosted pen. "Ey ami, you want a coffee? Dat paperwork'll still be dere when you've drunk it, honest."

<@Lorna> "We can head back to the boathouse if you like?" Lorna suggested, not able to keep the worried look off of her face.

<Selene> "I could do with some coffee," Selene remarked, picking out one of the lemon faces to be stabbed with her knife. She proceeded to peel its skin.

<Bobby> "Sure, Jaybird." Bobby didn't put the pen down, but he looked up to give Jay a half-hearted grin. He shook his head at Lorna and sat up. "Nah," he said, trying to look alive. "I'm fine."

<Darren> "Liar," Darren gave him a wry smile.

<Jay> Jay nodded, before smiling at Selene. In the end he bought over coffee for all, putting the tray down on the table. "Dere." He murmured, before taking his seat and wrapping his hand around his cup. What a fucking mess this was. Still though...at least they were getting somewhere finally. "Y'all told Fury about d' information we got, Gede?"

<Selene> "Thank you." Selene held out a slice of peeled lemon. "Anyone?"

<Bobby> "The best," Bobby returned the smile to Darren, taking his coffee and automatically cooling it a bit.

<Darren> "Of course I did, SHIELD have already checked all his known addresses and shit, no sign of him, maybe the Herald remembered her alter-ego spilling the beans and warned him, I dunno."

<@Lorna> Teagan was gone...again. Lorna was having a hard time accepting that no matter how much she knew it to be true. "Now we know who we're looking for and with everything we've all ready done we should be ready in no time though. We know all of our tracking devices are ending up in the Carribean at least."

<Bobby> We know a great deal more than that, he didn't say. He just drank his coffee.

<Jay> "Ah know it's a two-edged sword, but it's a relief knowin' our mates are bein' controlled." Jay let out an explosive breath. "So, question is, what's our next step?" What else do we put the kids through?

<Bobby> "The control seems pretty... thorough." He finally said. "What if we can't get them back? Or what if we do, but they're not them anymore?"

<Bobby> "They'd just be time bombs, right here where they could do the most damage."

<Darren> "We can't start thinking like that, man," Darren shook his head, "otherwise ... well, we'll end up down a much darker road."

<Bobby> "Like Teagan." Bobby took another drink.

<Selene> "Well, if he's resourceful enough to accomplish all that he did, not to mention allying himself with our old friend Dr. Essex, I doubt he'll just wait for us where we can easily find him," Selene pointed out, popping a slice of lemon into her mouth. "So, we'll have to look at other options and hopefully draw him out in the open somehow."

<Jay> "Yeah. We...cain't look at it like dat. Dere's no such thing as unbreakable control, d' fact Clarice managed to crack it wit' those sedative drugs..." Like Teagan...hell. Jay didn't know what to say to that, eyes going to his coffee. No, there had to be a way.

<Selene> "Whatever his means of control are, they go beyond mere psychic influence," Selene said. "So much I could tell from taking a peek into Reed's mind when we confronted him."

<Darren> "Teagan was a one off, an accident," Darren shook his head, "You didn't mean to do it Bobby, you just gotta make it right by saving the others."

<Selene> "However, the fact that we could get Michael back should be somewhat encouraging, no?"

<Darren> "Exactly," Darren nodded, "and Clarice came back long enough to tell us something useful. We have to hold onto that."

<Selene> "And we all failed to save Teagan," she told the others, looking up at them.

<Bobby> "She asked me to do it." He took another drink. "And when she did, she was herself."

<Jay> "Dat proves...something, right? Dere's a chance we can pull d' others back, an' when dere's a chance, you have to take it, no matter how small." He ran his hand through his hair, letting out a noise of frustration. "Y'all cain't let it stop you from tryin', ami. If only for Teagan, oui?"

<Fabian> "Okay," Fabian turned to Loki as they prepared to part ways. "You get the box, I'll be outside to provide back up and once you're out we'll meet up and get our flight back...and try not to die." He sighed, hating that that might be a bit more likely than he'd like.

<Bobby> Bobby quirked an eyebrow over his cup.

<Fabian> "You know the sick thing? I sort of like this place, too." He smirked to his partner in crime. "Ready?"

<Loki> "I know, it has it's charm. I'd rather my cousin didn't constantly look like he wanted to hug me, however," he smirked back and nodded ", ready."

<@Lorna> "I'm just sorry I wasn't there." Lorna murmured into her own coffee, sighing.

<Darren> "What's the alternative anyway, we go int there and shoot them all just incase they might be a danger?" Darren growled, "You know, we people did that when I was stationed in Iraq, it only made everything worse."

<Fabian> "If it weren't for Essex's little helper I won't lie, would have been tempted to rat the plan out and retire comfortably here." He laughed at the idea of that, though, giving Loki a wave. "I'll see you on the outside." With that Fabian headed out to the grounds and to the woods, ready to hide away.

<Bobby> Bobby laughed.

<Jay> "Well, either way we ain' gonna do nothin' until we find 'em first, oui?" Jay shrugged. "But Ah f' one am not gonna be hurtin' my friends in any sort of way unless dere is really no alternative - an' Ah ain't gonna ask any of d' kids to do it either." Jay gave Bobby a worried look before looking at Lorna.

<Darren> "Have you even been to see Dai yet?" Darren shot Lorna a worried look.

<@Lorna> "Me?" Lorna looked up at Darren's question.

<Bobby> "He means me, Dee." Bobby just gave Darren and Jay a lopsided grin.

<Selene> "We're all potential threats, and we've struggled too hard against the pervasive attitude that we should be dealt with preemptively because of what we might do," Selene said, nodding to herself. "Our students deserve the same, so straying from our mission only because we might fear the consequences would be hypocritical."

<@Lorna> "We both have reasons to go." Lorna shrugged, nodding to Selene.

<Bobby> He looked back down into his cup.

<Jay> "See, laughin' an' suggestin' our own might be timebombs ain' what would be normally called 'healthy'." Jay pointed out with a half-smile at Bobby. "Ah'd suggest y'all do, ami, it helps. What happened wasn' your fault, an' we all got your back." He coughed. "Ah agree wit' Selene. Let's stick to our gameplan an' take dis guy down wit' our own ideals, not his, oui?"

<@Lorna> "Any other way isn't even to be questioned." She gave them all a smile and finished her coffee off. "We'll start scheduling flights over suspected areas though, try and see if we can't find a place he might be."

<Loki> Loki hummed thoughtfully and filed that information away. He looked up to the door and smirked, pressing a finger to the lock. As it turned green with his power and clicked out, he shifted forms to adult and fully armored.

<Darren> Darren sighed deeply and tilted his chair back, "We're getting no where except pissedoffville here, we have to move on from Teagan, we can't changed what happened," he righted his chair, "Fury's got every SHIELD resource tracking this guy, he so much as uses a payphone and we'll have him."

<Jay> "An' it looks like Essex has lost most if not all his Marauders too." Jay nodded, picking up his coffee and taking a mouthful. "Somethin's gone wrong for 'em, dat's for sure, so Ah'm guessin' one or both might make a mistake soon, oui?"

<Darren> "It's only a matter of time."

<Bobby> Bobby stared into his cup, a bit of a smirk playing around the corners of his mouth at Jay's mention of the Marauders.

<Selene> "Perhaps we can count on the combined arrogance of those two that will lead them to make a mistake soon enough." Selene picked up her cup and took a sip of the hot coffee inside. "This hasn't been the first open attack on us, so I have the feeling they might get more cocky. Or desperate. Either could work in our favour."

<Jay> "Mmm. Bigger dey come, harder dey fall. We're winnin', slowly, an' if dey're attackin' us dey're leavin' d' rest of d' world alone...an' it means dey think we're a viable threat, oui?"

<Loki> Walking into the room, Loki smirked and looked around. When he caught sight of the box on the counter, he knew he'd found what he'd come for. In a few short strides he was at the box and picked it up ", come along, dear, the good Doctor wasn't done with you."

<@Lorna> "It means something anyway, not sure if it's that or they're testing us or taunting us. Either way it'll end soon."

<Bobby> "Oh, now? Definitely." Bobby muttered.

<Darren> And the alarms starting going off, "Oh, what fresh hell is this?" Darren muttered, "you don't think that maybe the Herald's popped back with the fifth horseman, Timmy the Lord of Darkness or something, do you?"

<@Lorna> "Maybe it's the Whore of Babylon or something." Lorna could not believe there was something else going on now. This was just too much. She was up on her feet in a moment though, heading for the hall.

<Fabian> Having claimed a spot in the trees the cameras didn't seem to pass over as much, Fabian glanced back to the school as he heard the alarm sound, hoping Lukas wouldn't be much longer.

<Jay> "Don't even joke about dat shit, ami." Jay put his coffee down and followed Lorna.

<Selene> Selene looked up from peeling another lemony victim. "You think we missed some of those shambling corpses," she asked, putting down her treat and getting to her fee.t

<Loki> Looking up sharply when the alarms went off, Lukas growled. Of course there was sensors around the damned thing. Tucking the Malice-In-The-Box under his arm, he turned and quickly made his way out of the lab and up through the hallways.

<Selene> "If so, could we keep some, I wonder," she asked, arching an eyebrow at the others. "For scientific purposes, that is."

<Jay> "Non. No fighty dead people, Sel."

<Bobby> Bobby sighed and took a last sip of his coffee before pushing ahead of Lorna on the way out of the door. Better him than her. That would never change.

<@Lorna> Lorna's glanced up at Bobby at that, not sure what to think of that as they made their way. "Question is, where did whoever set the alarm off?"

<Jay> "Might be an idea to start wit' Malice's box first, oui? Dat was an internal alarm."

<Bobby> Bobby checked the hall for an immediate threat and then went for the nearest control panel to locate the alarm. "Darren, you're faster at this..."

<Selene> "There is no reason not to admire our enemies' choice of style," Selene remarked, checking her comm when it buzzed to get her attention. "Apparently Danger is informing us about something. It seems there has been an intruder alert down in the containment area."

<Selene> "I'd say you're right on the mark, Jay," she added.

<Darren> "Clarice did get away," Darren nodded, "and before the showdown with Tegan she managed to port into the school to use the PA system," he followed Bobby over and pressed his hand against the pannel, interfacing with it.

<Loki> He strode through the halls as if he owned the place, box under his arm, head held high with the (admittedly awesome) helmet on, cape flowing behind him as he reached the main hallway.

<Jay> "Aw motherfucker...y' mean dey're tryna break out d' brainfart?"

<Darren> "... Well fuck ... you know Ankka's cousin?" Darren said after a moment.

<Jay> "...Oh no..."

<Selene> "Well, it seems they are running short on henchmen, so I could understand such a move. Though, I wonder who they've sent this time around."

<@Lorna> "...him?" Lorna looked over at Darren, surprised. "Seriously? The kid that looks about as threatening as a particularly tall greenbean?"

<Darren> "Well he's just about to open the door to in her, with Malice's box and he's rockin' a particularily super-villany cape and horned helmet!"

<Jay> Jay cracked his knuckles. "No fuckin' helmet's goin' to save him. No matter how awesome. Ah say we give him a li'l welcome, Xavier's style."

<Bobby> Bobby shifted to ice and formed a slide, rocketing down the hall.

<@Lorna> "Well, no time like the present." Lorna hopped onto the slide as well, rushing after Bobby.

<Darren> "Bobby! I know you're a little psycho right now, but remember to take him alive! ALIVE! We'll need to plump him for info!" Darren shifted to his technorganic form and shot after him.

<Jay> Jay didn't bother with the slide, the hallway big enough and wide enough for him to push off with his wings, easily keeping level. "Y' know, Ah'm gonna make it standard protocol t' wear uniforms at all times. Dis is gettin' ridiculous."

<Loki> Lukas smirked. Pushing the door open and striding onto the lawn, he amused himself thinking about how easy that had actually been, alarms or no.

<Bobby> Bobby came around the corner and spotted the target heading out the door. It wasn't one he recognized... "What is up with the outfit?" He threw ice past him across the lawn, building a thick wall to block his escape. "Yo, reindeer games!"

<Jay> Jay pulled out his workout gloves, pulling them on and tightening the wraps that folded over the knuckles, bursting up into the sky to see if he had any buddies. Nope. He hovered not far above them, arms folded, sun playing off the metal wing.

<Darren> Darren flew around the corner just after Bobby and hovered in the air above him, "You know, I'm pretty sure that the golden cow wasn't in the book of Revelations, Greeny!" He held up a palm, making obvious that he was charging for an energy blast.

<Loki> He walked onto the lawn and watched as the ice wall formed. Pausing, he smirked and then turned around, still standing tall ", ah, the secuity force is here it seems. Finally."

<Fabian> Looking at the...ensemble Lukas just came out with, Fabian had to hold onto the branch he was on as to not fall over. Oh, they might die but at least something was funny today. Once he got over the fashion choices involved in this scheme, Fabian got to work, boosting Loki's powers just a bit to let him cause some more chaos.

<Selene> "An idea worthy of a thought," Selene told Jay, rushing after her team-mates. "They are quite fashionable, after all." She frowned as they faced the intruders. "What can't be said about every choice of outfit..."

<Jay> "Fff. Actually, y' professors, sweetheart." He shook his head. "Put d' box down, ami, or y'all ain' gonna walk from dis."

<Darren> "How about you put the box down and step away from it before things get nasty, kiddo."

<Selene> "Indeed, prepare for an extra-curricular lesson in beatdowns," Selene added, hovering into the air.

<Bobby> Bobby banked his slide around the horny kid and took a spot atop his ice wall.

<Jay> "...Could we get any more comic-bookish?"

<@Lorna> Lorna kicked off from the ground. "Where's the other one?" She remembered the others had said Lukas had come with a friend to the school but there wasn't a sign of him.

<Loki> Lukas felt the boost take affect and grinned, holding the box in front of him ", now you see it, now you don't." And it vanished. To a safe place only Loki could get to. He held up his hands again, wiggled his fingers a bit and then threw the handful of throwing knives.

<@Lorna> Knives? Oh this kid was new. They immediately turned back at him as cutlery was hers.

<Bobby> Bobby paused in the act of throwing up another ice shield and grinned at Lorna. "That's my girl!"

<Selene> "What are you? Penn and Teller with a worse tailor?" Selene blocked the flying knives that came her way with a telekinetic shield.

<Darren> "D'awwwww, he tried to use knives on Lorna, isn't that adorable?" Darren chuckled.

<Jay> Jay's metal wing flicked out automatically, before he followed up Lorna's cutlery with a literal sound bullet.

<Loki> He waved a hand and they disinitigrated. He nodded at that ", okay. How about this then?" He snapped his fingers and several more knives appeared, though these were crystal and glowing faintly green.

<@Lorna> "How about this?" Lorna went for the helmet now, shifting the horns down, trying to get his arms.

<Bobby> Now Bobby deployed the shield, encasing Loki's legs in ice for good measure while Lorna did her thing.

<Darren> "He's stealing Clarice's gig now," Darren muttered, getting ready to play catch the pointy.

<Jay> "Oh look, he made a pretty, mo amis." Jay pushed up into the air to avoid them.

<Loki> He growled and looked up at them sharply, several illusory Lokis popping up all around. The a sharp cry he jabbed one of the daggers into the ice encasing him and let the magic break it.

<@Lorna> Lorna put up shields for the knives, arching an eyebrow as many, many more of them popped up. "Oh that's fun."

<Bobby> "Oh, look at that." Bobby concentrated and several more versions of himself rose out of the ice to take on the clones.

<Fabian> Leaving Loki to defend himself with the boost, Fabian focused his attention to Daren, bolstering him up to burn him out as quickly as he could manage.

<Jay> Jay narrowed his eyes. "Here, lemme help y'all wit' that." The next sound to come out of his mouth was one that was designed to flatten anything in its path - in this case, Lukas. It was followed by the winged mutant literally landing on him.

<Loki> Now freed from the ice, Loki waved a hand and his helmet and outer armor disappeared, the metal on it not conducive to fighting a metal manipulator. He ran full tilt at Jay and shouted, fumbling at the scream and then being landed on.

<Starfish> "Five against two seems hardly fair," Selene remarked, hovering above the lawn. "However, fairness has never been that high on my rather short list of virtues." And so she channeled her psychic energies into two of the marble statues that stood scattered across the garden, bringing them to lumbering life. "Smash, my pretties."

<Bobby> The copies were wisping to dust as his copies engaged them and Bobby huffed, dissolving them.

<Darren> Darren aimed for Loki and fired off an energy blast at him ... that fortunatly missed and dug a great trench down the lawn where it hit.

<Jay> "See, Ah may not be all-powerful, kiddo-" Jay grabbed the man by his collar, straddling and pinning him to the floor, other hand coming back. "But Ah cain't half pack a punch. Now. Y'all bring dat box back, an' we might not hurt y'all so bad. Don't, an' well..." He shrugged.

<@Lorna> "Aww, you took my toys away!" There was railing enough for Lorna to play with outside, however, and she started attacking with them. "...Darren?! What the hell was that!"

<Darren> Darren stopped and stared at his hand ... no way he meant for it to be that strong ... and was it just him or were his powerlines starting to glow brighter, "Uhh ... guys ... something's happening ..."

<Bobby> "Let me know when you guys are done fucking around with him and I'll kill him, since, y'know, that's what I do now apparently." Bobby shifted his weight on top of his ice wall, reinforcing it and further trapping him. He paused and looked at Darren.

<Jay> "Bobby, jus' take a deep breath an' count t' ten, will y'all? No one else dies."

<Loki> Struggling, Loki growled and snapped his fingers, a staff appearing in his hands that he proceeded to smash back over Jay's head.

<Darren> "I don't know!" Darren flailed slightly as his energy lines turned from thier normal yellow into a blazing white, "It's like ... a surge or something ... the last time it happened I was struck by lightning and ... fuck!"

<Bobby> "Darren..." Bobby ignored Jay and focused his attention on Darren. "What do we do, buddy?"

<Jay> Jay, distracted by Bobby, reeled and nearly fell off the guy. He fought against unconciousness, a wing flailing over Lukas' face.

<@Lorna> Lorna really wish Bobby wouldn't actually talk like that, cringing at any mentions of death. "Just let us know how to help, Darren."

<Jay> Shaking his head, he punched Lukas. "No hittin' me wit' a stick, y'all."

<Darren> He shot up into the sky, flying as high as he could, [When I was struck by lightning the power discharge destroyed everything around me! I'm a living bomb I need to get out of range-] There was an explosion of white hot light and the smell of ozone.

<Loki> Loki flailed and shoved against Jay, trying to get away when he was punched, crumpling to the ground and lashing his staff out at the backs of Jay's knees.

<Starfish> "Darren!" Selene shielded her eyes against the blinding light, peering into the brightly lit night-sky through the gaps between her fingers.

<@Lorna> "Darren!" How had that even happened? She blinked to clear her eyes, looking around for any sight of him.

<Bobby> Bobby watched Darren's escape and winced automatically at the blast. "Fuck..." He looked around behind him, scanning for body heat.

<Jay> Jay nearly crumpled, before using a push of his wings to slam the guy against the ice-wall and hold him there, the light causing his second lids to flick down, making his eyes a solid white. "Ah warned y'all dis was gonna hurt. Fuckin' hell, y'all got family here, ami, why're you doin' dis?"

<Darren> And a few seconds later a blackend but still mostly humanoid shape dropped from the sky, flattening the fountain as it landed, ".... Fuuuuuuuuuuck ...."

<Loki> Using the explosion as a distraction, Loki tried to run again and let out a cry when he slammed into the wall.

<Bobby> "He's not alone! We got another one in the woods!" He turned fully and formed another ice slide, taking off.

<Jay> "No, bad...goat-dude. Stay. Staaay."

<Loki> "Get off me, you OAF," he shouted ", I am Loki and you will unhand me this instant!" He struggled, fingers glowing green as he tapped into his powers.

<Darren> Darren sat back up, his lines blinking somewhat but still pretty good, "Uggghhhhh ..." was it good or bad that he was getting so used to being over loaded like that he was recovering so quickly these days.

<Fabian> "Merda," Fabian swore, dropping to the ground as he realized that one knew exactly where he had been, running deeper into the woods and concentrating on trying to burn Bobby out as well.

<Starfish> Selene was at Darren's side instantly, kneeling into the water of the well even as it spilled onto the lawn. "Darren! Are you alright?" She took his hand and pulled him up.

<Jay> Jay noticed the glowing. "Hey, Ah'm shorter'n y'all, kid." A wrapped fist came back, then slammed into Loki's face. Again. "No magic tricks, ami, Ah'm from d' bayou."

<Jay> "Jesus, first Thor now you. What is dis, some kinda god's convention? Papa Gede's jus' over dere if y'd like some kinda chat..."#

<Loki> Blood sprayed from Loki's nose and he groaned. Wrapping his glowing hand around Jay's wrist, he tried his damnedest to weaken the grip.

<Darren> "Where's the little shit-?" His eyes rested on the (currently not a) kid and Jay duking it out, "Loki huh?" He got to his feet, "Hate to tell ya this kid, but there's only ONE god at this school-" he kicked off his thrusters and lunged for Lukas, driving into him, "-And it's ME, bitch!"

<Jay> Which unfortunately was easy to do. Jay wasn't a super-strength mutant - not that it mattered, as he was suddenly very up-close and personal with Loki. "...Well hello there." He grunted. "Meet Papa Gede. Ah think he likes y'all. Oooww..."

<Bobby> Bobby moved faster than this other guy could run on his slide, and Bobby could see he was one of the two new mystery students. He felt a surge of energy and rocketed ahead of him, then around, building an ice fortress around him.

<Darren> "Try not to get too excited, huh Cockatiel, I know how much you enjoy a manwhich," Darren grunted.

<@Lorna> "Bring the box back." Lorna landed in front of the fight, casting a glance after Bobby and frowning when she saw the ice fortress...that was a bit strange. "Bring the box back and just come with us and we can end this."

<Fabian> That...that wasn't supposed to happen. Fabian slid to a stop and changed directions, working harder to burn Bobby out.

<Loki> As Darren slammed into him, Loki crumpled with a cry. The leather armor faded to dress shirt and jeans. The looks shifted back to a seventeen year old boy. He blinked dazedly up at the others.

<Jay> "Hey, y'all d' one who - ow, watch d' wing - dis is embarressin'." Jay wheezed. "Oui, do as d' lady says, or dat pretty helmet of yours is gonna get real painful."

<Jay> "...See, dis wouldn'ta happened if you'd just given us d' box, ami..."

<Bobby> Bobby built a dome over the enclosure, then melted himself through the top, falling inside as rain. He reformed in drips in front of the intruder, building himself bit by bit, as fast as thought. "Oh, you picked the wrong guy to fuck with today, kid."

<Starfish> "This is your doing, isn't it?" Selene's eyes narrowed as she fixed one of the intruders with her gaze. "You should know I'm the only one allowed to blow up my husband." Channeling her stored energy through her body, she surged forward with incredible speed to seize Fabian by the throat.

<Loki> Lukas' head turned to the side and he looked towards the woods, hoping for a little Fabian help.

<Jay> "Stop dogpilin' already!"

<Fabian> "...I don't suppose there's much of a chance of you not killing me?"

<Darren> Darren got back to his feet, dragging the boy up with him and twisting his arms behind him, "Also, I may be forced to arrest as an agent of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. Which trust me kid, you reeeeeeally don't want me to do."

<Loki> Head lolling back to look up at Jay, blood pouring from his nose, he shoved at him weakly ", can....can' get da box ib you don' ged off me."

<Darren> "They're authorised to use creative interrogation methods, for one, we rather frown on that sorta thing here."

<Starfish> "That depends solely on you now," Selene replied, the lawn around her getting torn up and chunks of soil soaring into the sky as her powers flared up. "I might even let your mind in one piece." She began to drain Fabian's energy through her touch, her hold on his neck tightening.

<Bobby> "If I don't, she will," Bobby bluffed, wondering how Selene had gotten there so fast.

<Loki> Lukas groaned and stumbled as he was pulled to his feet ", led go off me and I can ged it for you." He hated that his nose seemed to be broken.

<Darren> Darren narrowed his eyes, "Alright, but try anything and I'll demonstrate my 'turn other people into my mindslave' power that I'm usually not so keen to talk about, okay?" He let the kid go.

<Fabian> Fabian shuddered at the feeling of having Selene on him, just holding his hands up and hoping against hope they didn't end up dead today. "I'm not going to be able to tell you everything but we'll cooperate."

<Jay> Jay rubbed the lump on the back of his head, shooting Lukas a dirty look. "Goddamned kids."

<Loki> Lukas stumbled a bit and rubbed his arm, taking a moment to compose himself and then waved his hands, the box dropping into them. He cleared his throat and wiped at his nose ", ib you could please keep your combatriot from killing my pardner."

<Bobby> "You should start with apologizing to the lady. You blew up her husband." Bobby took a step back, then narrowed his eyes. "How'd you do that, anyway?"

<Darren> [Bobby? Sel? We've recovered the box,] Darren told them over the comlinks, [bring your prisoner back over her, alive please?]

<Fabian> "My apologies." It actually sounded pretty convincing beyond 'please don't kill me' as well. "It's what I do. It was his own powers...I'm wondering how you kept control of yours, actually."

<Darren> "Working on it, kid," Darren sighed, not that he wasn't all grown up and dressed in evil armour he looking pretty pathetic, "anyone got a tissue or something for this guy?"

<Bobby> "Copy. Tell your wife that," he said to Darren, dismissing the ice surrounding them.

<Jay> "Ah got some." He passed them over. "Sorry f' bustin' your nose, ami, but y'all did kinda ask for it."

<Bobby> Bobby just gave the kid a cold smile. "Talent."

<Starfish> "Who says I have them under control right now," Selene asked in response, a strained smirk on her face. "The point is, however, that an uncontrolled me is the last thing you want near you." She reluctantly let go of Fabian's neck when the ice around them vanished.

<Loki> Lukas was looking at them with half closed eyes and wiping at his nose.

<@Lorna> "Don't worry kid, x-men do not kill...though can't say we're too pleased about all this."

<Darren> "Though they will beat you into a bloody pulp and hand you into the authorities if you try anything else," Darren warned.

<Jay> Jay cracked his knuckles at that.

<Fabian> "Not just talent." Fabian stood up properly as he was let go. He looked back to Selene, then to Bobby, frowning. "What now?"

<Darren> [Sel, bring your chew toy back over here for questioning, babe.]

<Loki> "You'll ged no answers from us."

<@Lorna> "You don't have much of a leg to stand on here." Lorna told Loki. "And your boss must not have much regard for your life to have sent you here for Malice."

<Loki> "No....I mead we can' give you answers. We've been drugged."

<Starfish> "Now, we're going to have a friendly chat over a cup of tea," Selene replied, pushing Fabian back to towards the school with a hand on his back. [We're on our way, love. Everything under control back there?]

<Jay> "...Oh fuckin' joy, your boss sucks, kid." Jay hissed between his teeth as Bobby and Sel bought over the other. "C'mon, let's get y'all inside an' see what we can do, oui? Y'll be surprised jus' how awesome we can be."

<Darren> [Cow-head's got a broken nose and feeling sorry for himself.] "Wat do you mean drugged? He slipped you some kinda cyanide pill in a hollowed out tooth or something?"

<Jay> He took the box, putting it under an arm so that Lorna didn't have to touch it.

<Loki> He opened his mouth again and frowned. "I....can' remember."

<Darren> "... You're kidding," Darren groaned, "Alright, everyone inside and down into the medlab, we'll get Scott to check you guys over and get the psychics to poke inside your heads."

<Jay> "Someone needs t' tell Thor too." Jay sighed. "Bagsy Ah ain't it f' dat." He looked at the box. "Ah'll go put d' Brainfart in storage again, amis...den Ah'll bring up d' coffees."

<Darren> "Sounds like a plan," he jerked his head towards the patio door as Bobby and Selene appeared with an equally sheepish looking Fabian between them, "In."