6/21 Instance: Small Woodland Creatures

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/21 Instance: Small Woodland Creatures

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Mayday> Mayday walked outside, glad that the grass on the lawn was devoid of any undead after last week's terrible end. She felt a little naked without a hoodie, gently picking at the threads on her R2-D2 jumper as she looked around for squirrels.

<Mayday> Why squirrels? Because she needed to see if the tracer-darts worked. Mayday pulled up her right sleeve, inspecting the web-shooter manacle. She was still over the moon she'd invented these herself. With a little grin, she adjusted her glasses and carried on plodding about.

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul had been flying for the past hour or so, hoping to burn off some of the nerves running through him. Everything was getting to be a bit too much to stay cooped up in the school yet he was afraid not to be around when the call for action came.

<Jean-Paul> He landed at the edge of the woods, glad everything was as quiet as he had left it.

<Mayday> Mayday blinked as JP appeared. She tried not to giggle, running behind a bush as quickly and quietly as she could. This would be perfect training! Standing up, she aimed her shooter, flicking on the dot-sighted tracer mode and pointed it at Jean-Paul's back.

<Jean-Paul> Unaware he was being targeted by the dabolical squirrel hunter, Jean-Paul started for the school, intent on food and training.

<Mayday> 'Aaaand, BANG!', Mayday thought to herself, launching the tiny, red, whistling tracer. It landed on Jean-Paul's shirt and stuck easily. "Direct hit!", she giggled, immediately throwing herself down and opening her iPhone to trace his movements.

<Jean-Paul> "What the..." Jean-Paul looked around for what had just him him, not seeing anything. "Great, I'm paranoid now." He was feeling things, that was definitely a new one. He shrugged it off, heading on to the school.

<Mayday> "Eeehehehe!", Mayday laughed to herself, snorting a little in her geeky way. She watched Jean-Paul on her screen move into the mansion. As he did, she stood up, jogging along the grounds, switching her shooter and webbing herself onto the second floor porch. Once inside, she looked at her phone again. "Where are we going today, JP?", she mused.

<Jean-Paul> True to form, Jean-Paul had jetted into the kitchen, loading up on some of his baking that still survived. He did not make it to training, however, but was milling around to the recroom.

<Mayday> Mayday grinned at her phone, "Skipping class? Bad boy!", she ran down to the rec-room and stopped at the door, ducking to one side and looking in. She felt like a reject from Splinter Cell, and it was awesome.

<Jean-Paul> "...Mayday, what in the world are you doing?" Jean-Paul laughed, catching sight of her reflection in the television screen

<Mayday> "!", Mayday pictured above her head, getting up and blushing. "Eeeeerrrrmmmmmm....", she smirked awkwardly, "...playing ninja...?"

<Jean-Paul> "You are truly a shadowy force to be reckoned with. I'm not sure sneaking is the bes thing for you to be doing around the school. People are pretty jumpy nowadays." He laughed, looking back at her.

<Mayday> Mayday shrugged, waving her phone at Jean-Paul, "I wasn't really: I was trying something out. Wanna see?"

<Jean-Paul> "Sure thing," he pulled himself out from his corner of the sofa ad made his way over, taking the phone. "What do you have here?"

<Mayday> "Check it out.", Mayday smiled, opening the app and showing Jean-Paul, "Look! That's you!", she pointed at the blip on her Google Maps labled 'Tracer One'.

<Jean-Paul> "...Awww, you're stalking me!" Jean-Paul teased her, laughing and preening slightly. "I can't help but be flattered."

<Mayday> Mayday laughed a little, blushing again. "Not even! Look...", she reached behind JP and pulled her tiny tracer from his shirt, showing it to him. "See? I'm trying out these: I made myself tracer darts that I can fire from my web shooters." Mayday handed Jean-Paul the minuscule red spider dart.

<Jean-Paul> "But you chose me!" Jean-Paul still teased outrageousy, taking the tiny tracer and looking it over. "You made this? I didn't know you did this kind of thing, very cool...so who are you really wanting to trace?"

<Mayday> "I just found you before the squirrels I was looking for!", Mayday protested, "And...yeah. It's pretty lame...", she giggled a little awkwardly, snorting a bit. "Er...nobody in particular; I just figured that, since fighting isn't really my forte, I'd use my skills to make tech instead. I-I mean it could be useful, right? ...right?"

<Jean-Paul> "Of course, we need all sorts of things probably. If you have any medical leanings I should probably send you down Scott's way with our other sciency people."

<Mayday> Mayday smiled, "I-I've always been pretty good at sciences...then again, studying's all I ever seem to do. Like, ever. Seriously.", she smirked wryly.

<Jean-Paul> "I bet their science club could put you yo work then, you should ask him about it. For Science! and heroing and all that. Plus, hy, it's socialization to give yourself a break from too much studying."

<Mayday> "I prefer studying...", Mayday frowned a little, "...I don't seem to get on too well with other people. Bad experiences and that...", she deadpanned.

<Jean-Paul> "But I'm wonderful!"

<Mayday> "W-well, yeah, but...", she stopped. She wasn't just about to say 'you're gay', was she?! "...you're...easier to talk to...?", that'd be alright, surely. Mentally, Mayday patted herself on the head for that excellent save.

<Jean-Paul> "Dr. Scotty is too, promise, and you'll be able to bond with the others in your own lingo and help out." Jean-Paul wheedled sightly, sure he had happened onto a good thing.

<Mayday> Mayday grinned, "You're serious? Even the science quacks at ESU thought I was...well, 'quackers'.", she joked, laughing at her humour - that one was pretty good!

<Jean-Paul> "Have you met Calvin? He has a giant robot and I swear is uing a bathroom as a mad scienist lab. Curt I'm pretty sure keeps notes on us, Darren'll let you see Brunhilde the Space Rock."

<Mayday> "It's Kryptonite, isn't it? I have a bet going with a friend on LoL that the 'rock my friend found that fell from the sky' is Kryptonite.", Mayday nodded. It was totally Kryptonite. "I don't know...I get clammy and nervous when I talk to people."

<Jean-Paul> "People in general or more specific?"

<Mayday> Mayday shrugged, pulling an awkward face, "Eeh, I don't know. I... just don't connect with people too easilly, I guess.", she looked up at Jean-Paul, "...you...DO realize you're the closest thing I've ever had to a friend, like, outside the Internet, right?"

<Mayday> "I-I mean, guildies are OKAY, I guess...not a lot of use for a Dranei Pally IRL though, really. N-not unless you were robbing a Horde state Wal-Mart...", she blinked, realizing that tangent was uncomfortably long and freckled with pop-culture.

<Jean-Paul> "Closest thing? You my as well call me friend. I'm pretty sure we are." Jean-Paul pointed out with a smirk as he gave her the phone back to er. "Evren though I have no idea what you just said...I think you just suggested we attack Wal-Mart."

<Mayday> "W-what? No! Wal-Mart's cool!", Mayday laughed, "A-and thanks...", she smiled again, taking her phone back. "Attacking aside, I am kinda hungry...."

<Jean-Paul> "I am always for food. Lets do this" Yes, food, now they had a quest. "Seriously, you made friends easily enough with me, yes?"

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "Yeah, but you're not like other...people...", she stammered, realizing where her sentence was going. "...er...is it ok to say that? I don't know if it's alright to say it outright...d'you prefer it if people don't?"

<Jean-Paul> "This whole school is not like other people..." Jean-Paul looked rather confused. "Say what outright?"

<Mayday> "That you're, you know....gay!", Mayday stressed.

<Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul tried valiantly (and failed) not to laugh at Mayday's earnest question. "What does it matter?"

<Mayday> "N-no! It doesn't matter! It's good! Better, in fact!", Mayday frowned, was this discrimination? Was it still wrong if it was positive? "I just find it easier to talk to you is all!"

<Jean-Paul> "Aww, well I can still assure you the straight people here are all right, too." There was a part of Jean-Paul who was starting to see Mayday as some adorable woodland creature who did not quite grasp the customs of those around her.

<Mayday> Mayday nodded, "'Kay, I trust you.", she smiled, "But you have to introduce me - I think Dr. Summers likes me because I've never gotten a question wrong in his class.", she snort-laughed again. "Anyway...", she asked as they reached the door. "...does this make me your 'fag-hag'?"

<Jean-Paul> "You have joined my ranks!" Jean-Paul answered with a nod. "As long as you're good with sharing."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 6/21 Instance: Small Woodland Creatures

Post by puppygirl »

... The ending of this just gave me the metal image of Mayday and Clarice duking it out for the honour of being called JP's faghag... possibly with giant marshmallows... which JP then eats :shifty

But hurrah! Another techie! Everybody loves the techies <3
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"