6/24 Instance: Cake Fixes All

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/24 Instance: Cake Fixes All

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Ankka> Ankka was so drunk, seeing straight was becoming a major issue. But at least he could walk straight! The wall was only guiding him. Guiding. He paused, hand against the wall, trying to work out how many stairs he'd climbed - yes, this was the right floor. Doors. That door. That door? Yes, that one. With the precision usually associated with bomb disposal and those stupid grabby machine things, he knocked on the door.

<Ankka> He'd been wandering since the chat with Lukas, not thinking straight and doing everything he could to stay away from the two. His mind had been empty, unable to think, so he'd hit on the great idea of drinking until it stopped hurting. So he'd drunk solidly for hours. And he'd got depressed. He needed his drinking buddy! JP would fix it!

<@Jean-Paul> Jean-Paul had just about been to step out and check on his drinking compatriot as Ankka had most definitely missed boozeycake time and that would just not stand. "Ankka! It's like my liver summoned you....and I see you've tied one on your own self." Jean-Paul observed as he opened the door for Ankka, stepping out of the way.

<@Jean-Paul> And boy had he. "Did you drink a store to look like that?"

<Ankka> Ankka nearly fell through at the unexpected door-opening, catching himself on the doorjam and blinking at JP. "...Iiii...don't know." He slurred. "Maybe. Hello, JP." He propped up the door, giving him a lazy grin. "I'm not that drunk. You vere thinking of me?"

<@Jean-Paul> "I have cake left over for boozeycake." He nodded, taking his arm to guide the giant Fin into the room. "Well I hope not because then I have a lot of catching up to do because I went and let myself sober up." Jean-Paul frowned though, not sure if he should worry about the fact Ankka had been getting this drunk by himself.

<Ankka> "Awww...I missed it?" Ankka let himself be guided in and sat on the bed - well, actually, he fell on the bed, breaking into a fit of giggles as he tried to sit up straight. "...Oh Hel am I drunk...must fix your sober." He raised a finger, finally managing to right himself. "Stop looking like that, you haven't missed anything of me drinking. Trust me."

<@Jean-Paul> Well, at least he made it to the bed. Jean-Paul busied himself with getting cake for Ankka. Even if it was booze cake getting some food in the guy might help. "I figured I didn't miss much, just wondering why you didn't come get me."

<Ankka> "I had a need." Ankka scrubbed an eye. "A need to get wery...wery drunk...I vould haaaave...you know, come and got you but..." He scowled. "Did not vant company. Is it still raining? Vhy is it raining?" It wasn't raining, in fact, it was hailing, but he couldn't focus that well.

<@Jean-Paul> "It's quite the storm." Jean-Paul murmured, putting the cake down by him before taking a seat at the desk. "Drinking by yourself really isn't your style though, what happened?"

<Ankka> Ankka ignored the cake, still staring out of the window. Even drunk as he was, he'd promised...but a big part of him didn't care. No, Lukas was his cousin and...and he'd betrayed him. "I vent to talk to Lukas." He slurred eventually, swaying a little. "It vas a mistake."

<@Jean-Paul> "Ahhhh," Jean-Paul didn't really need to hear any more. He had heard enough of the talk to guess what that all had been about. "Well, you had to do it sometime."

<Ankka> "Don't 'aaaah' me." Ankka swayed again, ticking his finger at JP, though it wasn't really angry. "It vas vorse than 'aaah'. Bad enough that getting weeeeery wery drunk by myself vas a gooood idea." He poked the cake, amused by the 'squish' before licking it off his finger.

<@Jean-Paul> "Well, I can just imagine the discussion had." He frowned, deciding he needed booze cake if he was going to continue this talk as well. "So, how bad did it go then?"

<Ankka> "Baaaad." Ankka blinked for a moment, looking up at the ceiling. "Wery bad. He's not mind controlled. You know, ve grew up together? He vas like a brother to me." Mmm. Boozecake. He was going to pay for this when he sobered, but right now he was drunk and it was good. Sqvish.

<@Jean-Paul> "Yeah, I heard people talking about them both, not mind controlled though by the time they got here there probably wasn't many options open, yeah?" Well, at least the cake was a hit.

<Ankka> "Nooo, he vas under orders." He spat the word with a healthy amount of bitterness behind it, the usually happy Fin quite obviously angry even with the amount of alcohol in his system. "Even if he vasn't under orders he vould have done it." There was dark and unpleasent murmurings of thunder then. "You can shut up too, Thor, only one of us needs to be pissy."

<@Jean-Paul> "Is that what he said?" Jean-Paul frowned, not really sure how to rectify that or if it really could be. After all, lets consider what had actually been done but, then again, he had made his own mistakes he wasn't too proud of as well...it just depended on whether or not either of them actually viewed it as a mistake.

<Ankka> "Oh yes. He did it all villingly." Ankka focused on Jean-Paul for a moment, wrinkling his nose a little before having a mouthful of boozecake. "...Doesn't care it vas friends...or even fellow human beings..." Another rumble of thunder. "He vas never like this...I don't know this Lukas. And he ran avay because everyone told him he should be like me! I am so stupid!"

<@Jean-Paul> "Oookay, you've made a jump there I think I need more background on, what now?" He looked over at him, more than a bit confused. Maybe it would have been best to wait until Ankka was sober but Jean-Paul supposed he needed to talk now.

<Ankka> "Vhat?" Ankka focused on him again. "Oh. Lukas...ran avay, remember? Found out vhen ve tried to drunk-dial...I asked vhy...said everyone vas telling him to be like me. Big blond puppy." He scrubbed a hand through his hair. "I didn't know...so he ran avay, and I don't know how but he ended up...inwolved in this." He gestured half-heartedly at the window, obviously meaning the Horsemen.

<Ankka> "He helped co-ordinate some attacks, JP, trained and changed our friends...and doesn't care!" The lightning flash then apparently detonated a statue in the grounds. "...fuck, I shouldn't have said that."

<@Jean-Paul> "Oookay, breathe in, breathe out, eat some cake." Jean-Paul put on a smile as he followed his own advice. "So, back to the running away business, exactly how bad were things then? At least, from what he told you?"

<Ankka> Ankka did as he was told, but only because if he tried to get up and pace he'd end up faceplanting into a wall or something. He was too drunk for this, he hadn't meant to say that bit. Fuck it. "I don't know. He vas alvays the quiet, intelligent one of us. Apparently his parents vanted a copy of me. I never even knew...he never told me, I alvays thought he vas better than me...I vanted to be like him as a kid."

<@Jean-Paul> "And that's just what he told you. I doubt he's going to be too forthcoming about the details of everything, yeah?"

<Ankka> "I don't know, hell, he could be lying for all I know and I really didn't know him." Ankka shrugged. "His philosophy is that you have to take vhat you vant, fuck everyone else. Who cares about other people." He had another bit of cake. "I know I'm going to be asking home about this...I-I need to know."

<@Jean-Paul> "Are you sure it's the best idea to get them involved again?"

<Ankka> "No. But I'm not telling them vhat he's done...I just...I vant to know vhy. I don't understand, he vas never this uncaring. He vas like my brother..." He trailed off, swaying again and swallowing hard. "He knew vhat vas happening to them and didn't care, did it for the hell of it..."

<@Jean-Paul> "I think if you want to salvage anything and understand it'd probably be best to just stick with him for now, even if it is frustrating and potentially evil. At least for a while anyway, going to them is just going to make him feel even less in control."

<Ankka> "I...I don't know if I can, not right now, not like this." Ankka shook his head, causing himself to sway again, catching himself. Okay, no more boozecake. "You think this is...you think I can salvage this? Really?" He looked blearily at JP, very much living up to the namesake 'puppy' at the moment.

<@Jean-Paul> "If you run back to the family I doubt you can." Jean-Paul sort of wanted to laugh at the puppy look but just shook his head. "You know him better than I do, even if you might not be following quite how everything came to be to end up like this. Good chance he's trying to keep you away, too."

<Ankka> Ankka was quiet for a few moments as he stared as his hands, his pickled mind slowly putting what JP was saying into a way he could understand. "...Maybe you're right." He muttered finally. "Maybe I...maybe I should...just...try, yes? Even if I'm angry...I mean...I vas alvays there before, I should be now. I missed him so much...maybe if he helps me understand, then I can forgive, yes?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Nobody's going to make him care until he has a reason to, after all." Jean-Paul shrugged. "He has his own motivation, even if he doesn't even realize quite what it is or won't say, just have to work around it."

<Ankka> Ankka tried to sit up straight, ending up slouching against a wall as despite his decision for no more cake he had some more. "Point." He huffed, rubbing an eye. "Stupid idiot." Though whether he meant himself or Lukas was anyone's guess. "Maybe you should help me make boozecake for him."

<@Jean-Paul> "Everybody likes cake." He nodded with a laugh. "Sure thing, but after you sober up. Nobody likes fire extinguisher cake."

<Ankka> Another puppy-dog expression from behind his hair, though this one wasn't so depressed. "I am sober. Wery sober. I valked all the vay here."

<@Jean-Paul> "Yes, but the oven is another potentially dangerous challenge. We must be ready to wage our war on the oven."

<Ankka> Ankka stared at JP for a moment, then began to laugh helplessly, slowly sliding down the wall as he did. "You are a wery strange little man, JP. Weeeery strange."

<@Jean-Paul> "Yeaaaah, yeah I am. Now you sleep off your drunk, okay? We'll make cake and rescue your family relations afterwards."

<Ankka> "Am not drunk...though nap...nap is good." Ankka muttered into the duvet he found himself face-first in. "Can Noriko have cake too?"

<@Jean-Paul> "Everybody can have cake. We'll have a cake extravaganza."

<Ankka> "Mmkay." The storm outside had faded to a plain rainstorm now, the holes in the lawn filling slowly with water. Ankka pushed himself up carefully. "Nap, then cake...vell, nap, girlfriend, cake. Maybe. I don't know. Thank you, JP, that made me feel better."

<@Jean-Paul> "Don't mention it," Jean-Paul chuckled, flipping the edge of the duvet up over Ankka. "I'm a great source of advice, pretty much always right."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 6/24 Instance: Cake Fixes All

Post by puppygirl »

Awwww *sqvishes both of them* That was really sweet guys :)
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"