6/24 Instance: Winning

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/24 Instance: Winning

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined the day after Out The Window

<Raven> "You should know me by now, my dear, I'm always a surprise," Ronnie gave her friend a warm smile, "I'm glad I was able to bump into you while I was here."

<@Jason> "What can I say? At the end of the day I'm still a creature of habit." Jason laughed, budging up so she could have a seat. "Where have you been keeping yourself then?"

<Raven> Ronnie slid in next to him, "Oh, I've been travelling, doing this and that, ensuring my fingers are in as many pies as possible," she sipped her wine, "yourself?"

<@Jason> "Well, not so much on the travelling but I suppose I have been ruining enough pies to earn some annoyance." He answered back, leaning back in his seat and looking around the room. "Been an influx of different people here nowadays."

<Raven> "More or less mutants, given the current climate," she wondered, "and who have you been using your charms on these days, my love?"

<@Jason> "I think it's the same, just both sides seem to be pulling more people in. It's a bit of a powderkeg, really."

<@Jason> "Oh, you know," He laughed, "Monet would probably skin me alive if I were to actually attempt anything of the sort."

<Raven> "You're not still with that psychopath are you?" Ronnie rolled her eyes, "Then again you are both equally insufferable so I suspect a match made in heaven. How is St. John?"

<@Jason> "Everyday is a new adventure in making someone else's day a little bit worse." He couldn't help but look a bit pleased. "He's quite well, writing away as usual."

<Raven> "And the other of our ... assosiates?" She tapped her fingernails on the stem of her glass.

<@Jason> "Well, I would assume you know how Reed is doing."

<Raven> The tapping stopped and she gave Jason a shrewd look, "... Indeed," she said cooly.

<@Jason> "Rogue is on a warpath." Jason admitted, "though that's no big change I suppose. She's been on a warpath since I met her and I imagine she'll continue right on that. Adam seems to be doing about the same, haven't heard much out of Greer or Julie."

<Raven> "So our cover is still intact, good," she nodded, returning to sip her drink, "I imagine they're all being kept rather busy trying to stop Appocalypse, idiots."

<@Jason> "I take that to mean you're rather for him?" He asked as casually as anyone could ask sucha question.

<Raven> "You mean you arn't?" Ronnie arched a quizzical brow at him, "His aims are the same as ours aren't they? Mutant superiority."

<@Jason> "I'm fine with his aims. I find his methods a bit questionable, however."

<Raven> Ronnie gave a light laugh, "Jason my dear, he's doing exactly what we did, only on a some what larger scale. If we'd had access to the resources he did last year you can't tell me we wouldn't have done much the same."

<@Jason> "Using the people we are supposed to be fighting for rights for as mindless weapons? While we regrettably had to do similar questionable things I would hardly call what we did and what he is doing the same thing."

<@Jason> "We put down specific dangers and will continue to do so. He has weaponized our own kind, something that if the other side did we would be up in arms over."

<Raven> "So the fact that you decided to drug Adam into complience, and then when he became a threat to our security you had no compulsion about handing him over to be murdered as well as a man who you arranged to be taken from his own wedding party simply because he asked too many questions?" Ronnie swirled her wine in her glass and looked up at the cealing.

<Raven> "It's something completly different?" She shrugged gently, "Well, if you need that little lie to help you sleep better at night ..." she took another mouthful of the wine.

<@Jason> "I didn't do it as my main purpose." Jason snorted. "I don't think anyone is going to argue there were wrong decisions made for the sake of saving both of our asses, yes?"

<Raven> "Were they wrong though? We remained free to keep on fighting the good fight and all that jazz," she leaned back and crossed her legs, "and you must agree, saving our own hides is a very noble cause, I don't think frankly that you'd survive prison."

<@Jason> "Who'd be able to actually find me to kill me in prison? I'd be out before I was booked if I wanted to be." Jason pointed out with a shrug. "It wasn't the wrong decision to make, no, but we cannot say it exactly went along with our cause, can we?"

<Raven> "Don't be so naieve, it doesn't suit you, all great movements require a few mayters after all," she pointed out. "Ultimatly this will be for the betterment of all mutant-kind, needs of the many and all that."

<@Jason> "I'm not being naieve, I'm being practical. If you win and considering you're down half your horsemen? Making that kind of attack on this scale was premature at best, you have to see that, yes? And the way it's been done cannot help but call other mutants out against it."

<@Jason> "If you're going to take on both sides you don't make yourself such a target, it's just asking to fail."

<Raven> "You must understand the motivation behind it, it's forcing evolutions hand. The strong will survive, the weak perish, human and mutant alike. God knows the work could use some culling." She finished her glass, "I'm sure there oh, so much more to come you know."

<Jason> "The question is who is going to end up being proved the strong. Evolution is all well and good but that's not exactly where the power of survival is anymore. Just because we might be superior in that regard does not mean we're in any position to pull this kind of a stunt. If we were we wouldn't have wasted our time with the likes of Brickman."

<@Raven> "So what would you suggest, we sit back and wait for humanity to die off?" Ronnie shrugged, "And perhaps this Apocalypse is in the position where he can pull of this kind of stunt?"

<@Raven> "I really am not seeing how your differenciate between him and the Brotherhood, we kill a man to make a point, he wipes out whole towns of humans to do so. The intention and drive of the act is still the same, everything else after that is just statistics."

<Jason> "Your own naivety is showing now." Jason had to laugh. "You have to consider actually being able to hold such a victory even if he did manage to win this ploy which is looking highly unlikely. I don't like his statistics nor his methods. That is all."

<@Raven> Ronnie considered this, as much as she might hate to admit it Jason did have a point there. She knew about Nur's plans further down the line, but the loss of two of his precious horsemen and War's armarda had certainly set things back, "Yes, the X-Men ever were flies in the ointment, personally I would have dropped a missile or two on them before beginning the campaign."

<Jason> "Well....if he were to succeed it would have probably been his wisest choice." Murdering mutants for the sake of mutantkind was just not something Jason was to the point of yet it seemed, especially as he wasn't certain of this person in the first place. "But we shall see who is standing by the time this is all over."

<@Raven> "Well, I know I will be," Ronnie smirked, "I make a point of always being on the winning side, my dear."

<Jason> "As do I." Jason just grinned, raising his glass to toast to that.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 6/24 Instance: Winning

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Jason and Raven, forever thriving on tiger's blood. They have always been on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen.

"I have to tell them that last night was a shameful train wreck filled with blind cuddly puppies." -Charlie Sheen