6/29 Instance: Going To Hell

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/29 Instance: Going To Hell

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<Adam> Adam was being his usual, chilling self, headfirst on the table outside his favourite coffeeshop. There was a couple of books in front of him, an excersize book open and covered in illegible scrawls and doodles. "My. Life. Argh. Why."

<@Jason> "I've got to quit finding you like this." Jason commented as he came up to Adam's table, looking over the spread that the chronic sufferer or his own life had spread out in front of him. "What is it this time?"

<Adam> "Mmrph?" Adam raised his head, blinking blearily at Jason. "Ohai. Not got time to blow anyone up today, got many works. Is just homework, trying to keep up with it all and oh my god I want to burn everything."

<@Jason> "No worries, I'm just on my lunch break. In any case I'm not who comes to get you to blow anyone up." Anymore. "Shall I have a look at what you've done?"

<Adam> "Fff, it's maths, man, nothing important. So long as I don't divide by zero we're aaaaall good." Adam pushed himself up, sniffing a little and pushing dreads out of his face. "That's cool, I'm good with lunch break." He reached for his coffee. "But seriously, are you stalking me? You always find me here."

<@Jason> "I just work down the street." Jason pointed to where his office was visible. "Though, I was actually hoping to run into you sometime soon."

<Adam> "Oh?" Adam peered suspiciously at Jason. "If this is about that time with your pedophilic bestiality impulses and my rabbit, I've already forgiven you, dude."

<@Jason> "....no, no definitely not about any kind of bestiality, pedophilia, or basically any impulses of my own."

<Adam> "Oh good. Then we're grand. Take a seat, it's not like I'm going anywhere." He tidied his books up a little and put them to the side, blinking owlishly. If this wasn't about X-Force, what was it about? "I'm not being kicked off the team for being too...I dunno...asplody, am I?"

<@Jason> "As I said, I'm pretty much just a consultant on that thing, though I'd sort of like to ask your thoughts on it."

<Adam> "Oh." Adam frowned a little. "My thoughts? Why do you want my thoughts? I thought it was pretty cut and dried, take out the bad guys so we can't be hurt any more...?"

<@Jason> "Things got a bit strange after the whole Lady M moment though." Jason wasn't quite sure how to go about this, not even sure if he wanted to, but after talking to Darren, then Raven, he was finding himself in a very unappealing spot of not quite liking some of the things he had done.

<Adam> "...Yeah." Adam sobered then, rubbing the back of his neck and looking away. "That, that wasn't good. I mean, don't get me wrong, anyone who tries to kill me, I put them down and make sure they won't get back up again but when someone's begging for mercy...no, you don't do that. Not for any reason. That was wrong."

<@Jason> "Yeah, I have to agree." Sure, Rogue said she had made sure of the woman's intentions but it still sat uneasily in his mind. "I've been meaning to ask if it brought about any memories of the Brotherhood."

<Adam> Now that was a shot out of the blue, and made Adam's back tense, hands tight around the cup as his eyes flicked to the other. "...Yeah, actually it does." He said carefully. Of course it did, the guy he'd hung from a meathook had begged too. "Why're you asking?" His tone was cautious, wary - it wasn't like it wasn't general knowledge where his allegiances had been, but still.

<@Jason> "I am partially to blame for your lack of memories of some of the finer details." Jason answered simply, sipping at his coffee as if he had commented on the fact that it was rather overcast still.

<Adam> Adam stared at Jason for a moment as that sunk in. He knew the major details, could remember what he'd done - mostly - but names - faces - he shook his head. "You what."

<@Jason> Jason didn't bother repeating himself, instead going right through what he had intended to say. "I was talking with another person involved. Apparently she has gotten herself involved with Apocalypse as well and as it was pointed out to me what was done in your case to keep you from turning on us after you got cold feet was too similar to the horsemen than I liked I thought I'd bring it up."

<Adam> It gave Adam credit that the boneblade had slipped out, a hand balling into a fist as his body tensed - and then relaxed, his gloved hand relaxing out of the fist and the blade sliding away. "I always wondered why I felt so fucking on edge around you." He said it quietly, deadpan, black-gloved fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. "Who else, Jason?"

<@Jason> "Are you sure you want to know who else?" he asked, frowning a bit now and letting his coffee settle back down to the table. "I was in charge, I kept you complacant when we started to worry you were going to turn on us and I called in a favour to make sure you didn't remember. Nobody else is directly involved with what happened to you personally save for the end."

<Adam> "You...drugged me, kept me unstable enough that I figured I didn't need my meds..." Adam rubbed his face. "You know I woke up in a hospital not knowing who the hell I was? I was lucky Darren turned up. You and your Brotherhood are the reason I still see corpses hanging from trees-" He took a deep breath, eyes gone from blue irises to blood-red. "...Sorry."

<Adam> "I think...I think I deserve to know who else, Jason." He was...amazed he was staying so calm.

<@Jason> "And you're not going to have the same problems with X-force?" He looked to Adam, a bit confused at that but shaking his head. "What would you do with the information if I gave it to you?"

<Adam> "Nothing. What's the point? I'm just as guilty as the rest of you." Adam shrugged. "I try to drop any of you guys in it, I drop myself in too." He wrapped his hands around his cup. "You know what? No. Because I don't have to kill people. The only ones I have were trying to kill me first. Hell, I knocked out and let go more people then I blew up and you know what? I didn't kill people who surrendered."

<@Jason> Jason relaxed in earnest. "They were both started for similar reasons though the end-aim isn't the same but it walks the same line. So keep an eye on who you work with. I certainly didn't come out here today to argue your motivations for what you do and don't do, just to apologize in a way for what did happen."

<Adam> "Yeah...yeah...I get that. It's...probably why I'm not trying to murder you or something right now." Adam sighed, shaking his head, though his irises were still blood-red. He chuckled. "My motivations? I don't want my friends hurt any more, that's all. God..." He propped his head up with a hand, staring at Jason a little longer than nessecary. "You...did this to me and now you want to apologise?"

<@Jason> "It would be rather incongruous with yoru motives to murder me as well." Jason couldn't help but point out. "It's all similar, which would probably be why I've been helping you all out with this little project instead of down on a beach somewhere bringing about the end of the world even though his ideas are pretty appealing."

<@Jason> "That all depends on what 'this' is."

<Adam> "Fucked with my head, 'called in a favour'. You know what I mean." Adam gestured to his head with a frown. "Yeah, survival of the fittest and all that bullshit is real appealing, but I gave up screwing my friends over when I left the Brotherhood." He hissed a little. "Sorry, Jason, you're trying to apologise or...or something and I'm being...well...me. You're different than them, or you wouldn't be going against them. Right?"

<@Jason> "Probably not so different. I wouldn't change much of what was done or would have been done with Brotherhood, only the methods of dealing with you and Darren...oh that is going to be a fun conversation I have with him." Jason muttered the last part more to himself than anything.

<@Adam> "...Yeah, good luck with that." Adam wasn't entirely sure what was going on in his head. He'd wanted to stab the bastards responsible for his drugging, torture and mindwipe, but now that he had one here and trying to make amends in his own way... "What the Brotherhood was - is - doesn't work, Jason. The Horsemen are the sign of that. But...I...I guess I should thank you."

<Jason> "What Apocalypse is doing goes against what the Brotherhood was for as well. You can't hurt mutants to help mutants, especially to that degree...but that's beside the point, especially now." Jason waved his own point aside, shaking his head. "You and I can both agree that sometimes, however, we can't take the so called 'high road'."

<Jason> "But I doubt either of us really want to talk about that at the moment, yes?"

<@Adam> "...No, the high road is a nice ideal but...there's times and places." Adam sighed. "Either way, guess it taught me what my morals are - no matter how fucked up they might be, eh?" He curled his hands around his coffee. "You're a brave man, you know. Most people wouldn't have admitted that shit to me. I mean, I am kinda stabby and violence is always the answer."

<Jason> It took a moment for Jason to lose composure but when he did the laughter was surprisingly loud from him, drawing more than a few looks as he lost completely control of the volume of his laugh. "Oh, oh hell, I don't think anyone as suggested that about me. No, no, if I were brave I would have picked Darren to tell first."

<Jason> "I think I'm actually crying. No, brave is the last thing someone like me should be. That's how you get killed in the end."

<@Adam> Adam blinked at the laughter, tilting his head slightly, frowning a little. "...Really? I'd call you brave for facing up to this. Both me and Darren aren't known for being good with grudges." He shook his head. "I don't understand you, Jason. I don't think I ever will, but you're no coward."

<Jason> "Then I'm obviously not trying hard enough." Jason controlled himself, only snorting slightly as he said that. "Well, even though you may be the only person in the world to ever think such a thing I'll thank you all the same."

<@Adam> "Don't thank me. Just...make sure you mean your apology or I really will get stabby." Adam shrugged, looking down into his coffee. "You're helping a lot with this whole X-Force thing - giving us info, using illusions - so I can't be too mad at you but...well...I am. Good luck with Darren, at least, and hope he doesn't decide to see if you can illusion air in space."

<Jason> "Well, at least before I die I will have been in space. Plus I'd be the first murder via space so it'd be unique." Jason had to appreciate that at least.

<@Adam> "This is true. I'd really rather that didn't happen, though, because you might end up going to Hell." Adam said seriously. "You need to be forgiven first, but then if you are truly sorry, then I suppose it's alright."

<Jason> "I'm sorry to tell you but I'm a tried and true athiest...which made all the pictures of Jesus around my house growing up all the creepier. If there's an afterlife I'm most definitely going down below so to speak."

<@Adam> Adam just smiled at that. "I'll see you there, then." He nodded. "But at least a lot of people who hurt my friends will be there with us."

<Jason> Jason raised his coffee to that. "I will drink to that even if I believe it's fictional."
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 6/29 Instance: Going To Hell

Post by puppygirl »

Oooooooh, good instance guys :clap
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 6/29 Instance: Going To Hell

Post by Slarti »

Wow, I'm actually almost impressed with Jason there!