6/30 Instance: You're FIRED

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

6/30 Instance: You're FIRED

Post by Ferguson »

Current Timeline

<@Xavier> For a change even Professor Xavier couldn't claim to be well rested as he found himself behind his desk, rubbing his hand over his face and trying to sort his own thoughts about what needed to be done. "Mr. Drake, have a seat, please." He motioned to the seat in front of his desk, waiting for the man to take it.

<Bobby> Bobby stared at the chair, then back up at Xavier. He debated with himself for a moment before sitting down awkwardly. Closing his eyes for a moment, he tried to remember every lesson in psychic defense he'd ever had to shore up his shields. And hide his fear.

<@Xavier> He let the papers in his hand fall down to the desk, files of the students in x-force, as he regarded Bobby. "I trust you are unhurt and recovering, Mr. Drake?"

<Bobby> "I'm fine." Bobby crossed his legs, then uncrossed them. He shifted.

<@Xavier> "Well," He started, scooting slightly closer. "We both know why we are here. Is there anything you would like to tell me?"

<Bobby> "After my personal experiences with Essex and in light of the continued attacks on our school and ourselves, I came to believe a more permanent solution was necessary." The words came out in a rush and he tried to calm himself to get his speech out.

<Bobby> "I take sole responsibility for creation of this team. I recruited and coerced students and other faculty to take part. I contacted Jason Wyngarde for his help due to his extensive ties to the Hellfire Club. I planned the missions. I ordered the kills."

<@Xavier> Xavier watched him, staying out of his mind as, even though he had done this, he did not think Bobby Drake and out and out liar. "Were there other students, ex-students, or staff involved besides those that were present today?"

<Bobby> "If there were, I wouldn't give you their names." He swallowed.

<@Xavier> "...Bobby, this doesn't have to be like this."

<Bobby> "How else would it be?" Bobby forced himself to meet Xavier's eyes.

<@Xavier> "I have a school to protect, the same as you. That is all I am trying to do when I ask you who, if anyone else, was in your 'X-Force'."

<Bobby> "And I don't want anyone else to pay for my mistakes. You could always take the names from me if you wanted to."

<@Xavier> "I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt." Xavier started, sighing. "Am I going to have to do that?"

<Bobby> "I... I guess so."

<@Xavier> "I'm not going to do that." Xavier sighed. He had standards to uphold and playing this game would not help him to do so. "I would hope you would be honest with me...so I will be assuming you are."

<@Xavier> He looked over the students in front of him. "I have to admit, there will be some that call for expulsion for them. I think it too harsh."

<Bobby> Bobby sucked in a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He knew what Xavier could do to him and it terrified him. "They don't deserve that."

<@Xavier> "I will not be doing that." Xavier assured him, sitting back again from his desk. "The question is what am I to do with them? I've no intentions of giving up on any of them so expulsion is completely out of the question."

<Bobby> Bobby tried to meet Xavier's eyes again and this time succeeded. "They did what they did out of fear. We all did. Essex was the threat that kept coming and each attack was worse than the last. They don't feel safe here. They don't think they're protected here."

<@Xavier> "Be that as it may, I can't let them go unpunished for what was done. Something has to be done...and I'm afraid something will have to be done with you as well."

<Bobby> "I know, sir." He fixed his stare just to the right of Xavier's ear.

<@Xavier> "...I'm going to have to let you go, Bobby." Xavier said after a while, glancing back up at him from the desk.

<Bobby> "I know, sir."

<@Xavier> "I'm not asking you to leave. I'll never ask anyone to leave from this school if it can at all be helped...I just cannot put you in any kind of authority with the students any longer."

<Bobby> "I understand, sir." Bobby blinked.

<@Xavier> "I will be choosing your replacement as soon as possible so I expect you to wrap up your lessons and start clearing out your office and room as soon as you are able to." Xavier went on, resolute to get through this unpleasantness in one go.

<Bobby> Bobby gave up and just nodded.

<@Xavier> He almost wished the young man would scream or something. Xavier could not help believing that on some level he was just going to make things worse with stripping Bobby down from what he had been.

<Bobby> "Is that all, sir?" Bobby's fists were tight on the arms of the chair and he just wanted this over. He was proud he kept his tone even, though.

<@Xavier> "Yes, that's all." Xavier sighed, nodding to his former staff member. "...I'm going to have to ask you to leave your uniform down in the lockers...maybe that would be suitable for the others as well."

<Bobby> Bobby got up, but his lips quirked and he couldn't help himself. After all, what else could he do to him? Mindwipe! "I'm afraid it blew it up with me, sir."

<@Xavier> Xavier merely looked at him rather humourlessly now. "Any team paraphernalia you might still have, then."

<Bobby> He nodded and left without another word, pulling the door closed behind him. The hall was empty, so he took a dozen steps before leaning against the wall and closing his eyes.
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Re: 6/30 Instance: You're FIRED

Post by PsychoKez056 »

Awwwwwwwwww you all got fired :(
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

You're officially down to one Professor Drake :toothy
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

I think being fired is the least of Bobby's worries right now :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Awwwww, poor Bobberz. I actually feel sorry for him.

Still, he'll probably wish Xavier mind-wiped him or something when faced with the wrath of Lorna. :shifty
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Wait.... you mean Wade's officially an NPC now and not living at the x-mansion anymore as well?
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Nobody's kicked out of the mansion, and he's only an npc if you want him to be an npc.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I've already got three students to play with, Wade's an NPC.

So how are the others on the X-Force punished then?
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

We'll get to it, no worries :shifty
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Aww... :( Why's Bobby gotta keep taking ALL the blame?! It's making my inner-Rogue squirm with guilt! :(
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I thought of this firing scene: 5th Element

Poor Bobby!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

I thought of this You Fired! since we're sharing
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6