6/30 Instance: Bros Before Hos

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/30 Instance: Bros Before Hos

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined after [Instance]You're FIRED and [Instance]Vegetation Reparation.

Bobby: Lorna's words still echoed in his head as he threw his bag into the passenger seat of his truck. He threw himself in after it but didn't close the door. Instead, he cranked the key just enough to get the radio to come on, scanning through stations until he found a tinny country song.

Bobby: Propping his booted foot up against the door frame, he slid down into the seat and stared at Millie. Lorna's pride and joy sparkled at him mockingly.

Pietro: Pietro arrived back at the school and debated going down to the medlab to lie in wait and make sure Monet didn't try anything with Rachel but waiting was something he wasn't especially good at. He decided instead to sneak in by the garage and go make a sandwich before going home, the sound of the radio caught his attention and he went to investigate, giving the window a light tap.

Bobby: "Fucking--" Bobby jerked up and out of his daze, just barely stopping himself from shifting to ice. The cab of the truck was brisk, however and he sighed, breath puffing out in a vapor. "Sorry, Pietro."

Bobby: He sat up, leg dropping to the running board. "Guess I'm a little on edge."

Pietro: "Only a little?" he raised an eyebrow, "Want to talk about it?"

Bobby: "A smidge." He jumped down from the truck and went over to a workbench. Pulling it out, he straddled one end and nodded at the other side. "Have a seat?"

Pietro: Pietro looked off in the direction of the kitchen for a moment but, deciding Bobby's need was greater, went to join him.

Bobby: "Just got out of a meeting with Chu- Xavier," he said. "I'm fired. Banned from the X-Men."

Pietro: "Oh... wow... I'm sorry..." he didn't know what else to say to that. "Indefinitely?"

Bobby: Bobby stared at the bench, shrugging one shoulder. "I, uh, took sole responsibility. Rogue is... well, we saw her. She didn't need this on top of... that."

Pietro: "Yeah..." he frowned, "But you didn't need to do that...."

Bobby: "Oh, I don't think that means you're off the hook." He looked up. "Xavier knows who was on the jet -- who was in X-Force. But I'm -- I was faculty."

Pietro: "I'll be fine, don't worry about me... Lorna still mad at you?" he nodded to the truck.

Bobby: "I don't think mad is the word for it." He shook his head and looked at the truck himself. "She hasn't spoken to me since we got off the jet. I... she was freaking me out, actually, with how calm she was."

Pietro: "Yeah... it's scary when they do that..." he frowned slightly, "What's the plan now?" he looked at Bobby again.

Bobby: "Terrifying. I was expecting her to reverse my blood flow or stop my heart or something. Give me an aneurysm at the least." His smile was faint. "I don't know."

Bobby: Her words came back to him again. "She doesn't want me around, but she doesn't want me gone either?"

Pietro: He frowned, "Well that's just completely unhelpful. Why can't they say what they mean?"

Bobby: "Because they're women." The answer was automatic, but also true. "I... I'm not quite ready to try the mansion. I figured I'd go to the medlab later to check on everybody, but..." he shrugged. "She gave me shit about sleeping in my truck or running away. Truck looks pretty comfortable actually."

Pietro: He eyed the truck, "No it doesn't." he looked around the garage, "If you want somewhere to stay to get away from all of this for a while, you're welcome to stay at my house...?" he offered.

Bobby: Bobby gave up his intensive study of empty space to look at Pietro. His eyebrows rose. "Thank you... I appreciate it... but Illyana would probably teleport me straight to hell to cram me up Satan's ass."

Pietro: He shook his head, "Not the apartment. My house. We live in the city but I have a huge house in New Hampshire that's just sitting there... If you get bored of your truck just head up there and tell Emma I said it was okay."

Bobby: His mouth formed an oh. "Well, thanks." This time his smile was real. "That's really nice of you. I appreciate it," he repeated. Bobby looked at the truck again. "Wonder if Lorna would consider that running away?"

Pietro: "I doubt it... unless you didn't tell her where you're going... and you're welcome, it's the least I can do." he scrubbed his face with his hands.

Bobby: Bobby nodded in acknowledgement and sighed. "That would require talking to her. Perhaps Facebook?"

Pietro: "You could drop a note through the door?" he gave a small shrug, "Should I give Emma a call to let her know to expect you?"

Bobby: He smirked. "Yeah, please." Bobby got up and patted the fender of his truck. "You're right, she's a shitty bed."

Pietro: "Maybe as a last resort, but you're not there yet." He got to his feet also, taking out a notebook and writing down the address for Bobby, "Here. I'll call her on my way home."

Bobby: Bobby thanked him again and took the paper, giving it a glance before stuffing it into his pocket. "I guess I'll hit the medlab before I hit the road then."

Pietro: "Yeah... and if you see Monet... make sure she stays out of Rachel's room..." he pulled a face, he didn't want to imagine what could happen with that.

Bobby: "Poor Jase." Bobby sighed and made a matching face. "I never liked the bastard much, but... he didn't deserve that."

Pietro: "No... no one did... but I don't think anyone can blame Rachel for that either.... Which I told Monet..." he sighed, "There's nothing else we can do..."

Bobby: "No. Rae went through hell. Again." He shook his head. There wasn't anything else to say about it. "But he can't ever hurt anyone again. We at least accomplished that."

Pietro: He nodded, "Yes. And that's the most important thing. Mission accomplished." he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "For what it's worth, I still think we did the right thing."

Bobby: "I... have to hope we did." Bobby gave him a lopsided smile.

Pietro: "We did... it'll just take a little while for everyone else to catch up - I guess I'm more used to that. I'm always waiting." He patted Bobby's shoulder.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 6/30 Instance: Bros Before Hos

Post by puppygirl »

Pietro: He frowned, "Well that's just completely unhelpful. Why can't they say what they mean?"

Bobby: "Because they're women." The answer was automatic, but also true.
Sorry, but I just find that line hilarious as both these guys are played by girls :toothy

Still loving all this fallout
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's hilarious because it's accurate!

*yowls with laughter*
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Bobby: Bobby gave up his intensive study of empty space to look at Pietro. His eyebrows rose. "Thank you... I appreciate it... but Illyana would probably teleport me straight to hell to cram me up Satan's ass."
Heeeeee, hurray canon reference and yeouch!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I didn't even catch that Ferg!
HA!

And it's going on again right now in AvX!!
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Pup, I LOL'd at that too!

Really great instance you guys. Loved it. <3