6/30 Instance: Red Ledger

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/30 Instance: Red Ledger

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after The End of Days

Danny: Danny cursed to himself as he tore off his uniform and threw it into the locker. He looked to Laura. "How can you be so calm?" He yelled.

Laura: Laura hadn't bothered to change out of her uniform and was sitting back against a row of lockers, staring down at the floor. At the yelling directed at her, she blinked and glanced up, brow furrowing, "What do you mean?"

Danny: "We're going to get expelled!" he shouted again, slamming the locker door. "What we did? Wrong! Terribly wrong! What were we thinking? It was never supposed to go so far! And now... God knows what happened to Rogue! That should've never happened!"

Danny: He punched the locker now, leaving a serious dent in it.

Laura: "I believe the whole point was to go that far."

Danny: "No! Not that may times!" He shouted. "Not get caught, either! We're goners, all of us! Oh my God!" With incredible anger and frustration he punched his locker. His fist went clean through it and when he pulled it away it took the door with him. He threw it to the floor with impatience and swearing.

Laura: Laura watched as Danny carried on with his tantrum, shrugging a bit, "We all were aware of the risks."

Danny: "You don't understand!" He roared. "I've tainted my spirit!" He showed her his hand. It was no longer flaming purple.

Danny: "The flames are black, Laura. My Chi... is blackened by what I've done. My guilt, my grief... it is eating me."

Laura: She blinked at the presentation of his hand, head tilting at the blackened flames surrounding it. He was being a bit melodramatic, in her opinion. "It is not something to be that upset over."

Danny: "This means I have started a path that is ... terribly dark and dangerous. And it will destroy me. Laura, you may not understand some of your mistakes, but let me make it clear to you. What we did today? What we've been doing? It may have started out as a quiet necessity-"

Danny: "But now? It's wrong. What we did, what you do is wrong. This means we're poisoned." He shook his fist at her, the black flames whispering towards her face. "This means we're all going to hell."

Laura: Laura got to her feet, stepping up close to him. She wasn't at all intimidated by their height difference, the fact that he was trained in martial arts, or the flames dancing around his hand. She'd already bested him once, and she wasn't afraid to do it again if she had to, despite Jessica's lecture.

Laura: Her eyes narrowed as she spoke in a low, dangerously calm tone, "Do not assume I do not know what I have done, and do not talk down to me. You may believe what we did was wrong, but it was for the better of others."

Danny: "And now we're right back where we started. One student back, one dead. By Drake's own hand. What does that make us?" He nearly spat in her face.

Laura: "Willing to do what the rest of them will not," she answered.

Danny: "Turn into monsters?" He questioned, his face closer to hers now.

Laura: "If that's what it takes," she answered without hesitation. They were about nose to nose, and Laura had no intentions of backing down as she added, "Clearly you were not cut out for this."

Danny: "I had my doubts about you, too." He said to her. "If you can't tell me you don't feel guilty, you're just as bad as those pathetic Marauders we put into the dirt."

Laura: Scowling, Laura threw her fist into his chin as hard as she possibly could, stating after she'd upper-cutted him. "I do not feel guilty because there is no need to. They all knew of the risks of working for Dr. Essex, just as we knew the risks of forming this group."

Danny: Danny was sent backwards onto the bench, which broke in half. "You have got to be kidding me, Laura! You don't feel guilty?" He lifted the door of the locker he had thrown down and rose it over his head. "I'm sick of you telling us how inhuman you are!" He slammed it down over her.

Laura: The blow from the door sent her to the floor, and she rolled before the door could be brought down on her again. She got to her feet and sprung at him, claws in her hands drawn in order to slice through the locker door, snarling back as she kicked at him, "I do not, and I am sick of you going on about how bad you feel, as if it makes you better than me."

Bobby: Explaining to Scott what was going on with Rogue was yet another thing about today which sucked, especially since he didn't really know any more than Scott did. He headed for the locker rooms to shower and find some real clothes and sped up when he heard a shout and crash.

Bobby: Not just one shout and crash, either. "What the fuck now..."

Danny: He caught her foot and tried to throw her into the lockers. "It does! I'm not some sick lab experiment who kills because it's the only function she's capable of! You afraid to be a real person or are you just too chicken shit to admit you may have done something wrong!?"

Laura: Laura was thrown back into the lockers hard enough to dent them, face twisting at the burst of pain. Pushing the feeling aside, she got back to her feet once more and swiped at him with her claws, the ones in her feet emerging as well. "No, but you do kill. I suppose that makes you just as sick as me."

Bobby: Bobby iced up on the way and skidded to a halt just as he burst through the door. He took in Laura and Danny and the general destruction. "What the fuck is this?"

Bobby: "Stand down, both of you!" He roared, throwing up an ice barrier between them to force the two apart.

Laura: Ice was shaved off the barrier as her claws struck it before she got a piece of Danny. With a deep breath, she took a step back from the barrier, fists clenched as she ground out, "Danny has decided to unload his guilt on me."

Danny: "I have nothing to say, or apologize for. Not to either of you." He said, crossing his arms.

Bobby: "Really?" Bobby rolled his eyes, all his anger and frustration from his fight with Lorna bubbling up. "It's a little late for guilt, bucko," he said to Danny before looking at Laura. "Claws. In."

Laura: She looked between Bobby and the shadow of Danny through the ice, reluctantly retracting the claws. "I suppose with nothing to say, we will not have to listen to your whining anymore," Laura commented.

Bobby: She had a point. He dissolved the barrier, giving them both warning glares.

Danny: Danny's fist flared black as he looked for something to punch that wasn't her. God, he wanted it to be her. "Why do you have to be such an emotionless bitch? Don't you see what we started with has gone terribly awry?" He pointed to Bobby. "The best of us have sunk lower than anyone!"

Bobby: "That's right, kid. What did you expect?" Bobby took a step between the two of them and stared Danny down. "We're all fucking killers here now. There're no high horses. Nothing to be proud of. Nobody better or worse than anybody else."

Danny: Danny looked Bobby in the eye (at least he assumed through the ice he was). "You really think that's all we are now, don't you? You really are convinced everything is so black and white? You're just like her. Just like them. You're bad or you're good. Did it ever occur to you that's what Xavier's been saying this whole time?"

Danny: "Everything's gray. Even what we did."

Laura: "You either killed somebody or you did not. There is no gray in that," Laura stated, expression neutral.

Danny: "What I did is screw up. And I'm going to spend my life fixing it, if it takes that long. You two can go live in acceptance of that if you'd like."

Bobby: "You're both right," he snapped. "But there's no point killing each other over it."

Danny: "She won't have to kill me." he muttered, "The red in my ledger will do that."

Danny: He took off the bloody shirt and threw it down at Bobby's feet. "Not that it'll make much difference in a few hours? But I quit." He walked out, punching a locker on his way out, damaging it permanently, his black fist leaving a smokey residue that dripped to the floor.

Alternate Ending:
Bobby: Rolling his eyes again, Bobby smacked the back of Danny's head, grabbed him by the back of his neck and stuck his head in the toilet. *Flush*
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 6/30 Instance: Red Ledger

Post by Ferguson »

...I should not have laughed at the ending near as hard as I did! ><
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I thought that was a gag ending line >_>
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

JERRY, JERRY!!!!

That was awesome!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I thought that was a gag ending line >_>
It was, but you just ruined the gag. :P *goes to get the real ending*
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

XD you've got to let the secret laaast :cracked

either way, very shiny ^_^
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I like finally being able to play a character who can leave physical residue of his emo-ness.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Very nice you guys! And I did laugh quite a bit at the "alternate ending". :shifty Rogue would've done the same. Maybe that should've been in the rules when they set up the team "If you whine too much, one or both of your fearless leaders will swirly you!"