7/1 Instance: A Calming Storm

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

7/1 Instance: A Calming Storm

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Birthday Suit

Johnny: Johnny was beyond bored as he sat on his bed, turning the toy Charmander he'd gotten from Nori over in his hand a few times. It was a fairly appropriate choice in a gift with all the fire, and adorable, not that he'd ever admit it aloud. Sighing, he placed the toy back on his bedside table and spared a look in Hope's direction.

Hope: Hope was just coming around. Her drugs must have worn off. She could see and think clearly. "JOHNNY!?" She sat up frantic again, pulling out those damn plugs and wires again.

Johnny: His palm met his face at that, and he was on his feet in an instant, quickly moving to where she was being kept. He wasn't quite sure if he was allowed in or not yet, so he settled for staying on the outside for the moment, "You're supposed to keep those in you."

Hope: Hope jumped at his voice. He was awake! She pulled the last of the plugs out of her, then unplugged the machine so it would shut up, then ran to the glass, putting her hands on it. "You're awake!"

Johnny: "Yes, I am, and so are you... but I don't think you're supposed to be out of bed."

Hope: "I'm fine!" She assured him, or tried to. "I want out of here... I can't take it. I can't take another jail!" She started crying, resting her head against the glass.

Johnny: "It's not another jail. It's a precaution," he sighed. "It's just to make sure that whatever he did to you won't spread or anything. I'm sure you'll be out soon."

Hope: "If it could, you would have it. Why aren't you in here?"

Johnny: "Because I'm clearly more awesome."

Hope: "This isn't funny!" she slammed her fist against the glass as she continued to cry.

Johnny: "I wasn't being funny. I was stating a fact," he frowned and glanced around, still debating whether to just head into the room.

Hope: "This isn't fair... this was supposed to be a safe place. A better place."

Johnny: "It is better." Sort of.

Hope: "They drug me here too. They keep me locked up here too. I'm not seeing how this is better?!"

Johnny: "You're being drugged because you're uncooperative... Y'know, like, pulling all the IVs out after I told you not to." Johnny let out a sigh, "You're not helping yourself."

Hope: "If I could reach the patch I'd be out of here."

Johnny: "If you stopped having outbursts, you'd be out of here."

Hope: "If they let me out of here, I'd stop having outbursts!"

Johnny: "I'm not having a circular conversation with you."

Hope: "Johnny please..." she sobbed, banging her head somewhat gently.

Johnny: "Stop that," he frowned, resting his own head against the glass, "I'll try to see how long they plan to keep you here, but you aren't doing yourself any favors."

Hope: "I can't..." She choked out. She took a few breaths, trying to calm herself enough to talk. "I'm scared."

Johnny: "I know," he said, surprisingly gently considering he wasn't a very tactful person, "But, you can manage this."

Hope: She pressed her palm against the glass again. So close, yet still separated from him. "I'm so sorry, Johnny."

Johnny: "For what? None of it was your fault."

Hope: "But I did it... I can't explain it. I didn't know who you were, but I did it. I nearly got us both killed."

Johnny: "But it wasn't you," Johnny insisted.

Hope: Hope didn't have the energy to argue with him. "That's what Lizard said..."

Johnny: "And Lizard is right."

Hope: Hope got to where she could look into his eyes. "So you don't hate me?"

Johnny: "Pfft, of course not."

Hope: Hope sniffled, calming down. She took another deep breath, relaxing just a bit. "Can you use your awesomeness to get me out of here sooner?"

Johnny: "I can totally try," he gave her a grin.

Hope: That got him a little smile. "I miss you..."

Johnny: "I've missed you too," he admitted.

Hope: "Please don't leave me down here by myself..."

Johnny: "I'm not going to anywhere," he shook his head and gestured to his bed, "I'll be right over there."

Hope: Hope nodded a bit, finally calm and no longer crying. "Ok... thank you, Johnny."

Johnny: "No need to thank me," Johnny slid to sit with his back against the glass, tilted his head to look at her, "Though, while you're awake, I should totally catch you up on everything you've missed..."

Hope: Hope sat down on the other side of the glass. That was as close as she could get to touching him. It almost caused her to start crying again, but she bit her lip and nodded. "Is it a lot?"

Johnny: He gave a shrug, figuring she could use the distraction, "I dunno. I'll just talk, and you can interrupt when you feel like it?"

Hope: "An invitation to interrupt? Love it." She got up, grabbed the blanket from her bed, and wrapped up in it.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 7/1 Instance: A Calming Storm

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Lizard is never wrong!

Not even when he barfs up bones on your dorm room floor!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Lizard is never wrong!

Not even when he barfs up bones on your dorm room floor!

Jess disagrees.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

He's just trying to give you presents! It's sort of like a cat with a dead bird :cracked

and I have to admit, I lolled at the circular conversation bit, hurrah for Hope and Johnny goodness! ^_^
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Circular conversations! Bobby's a pro at dealing with that after all these years with Rogue.

He should give lessons. :shifty

If he didn't always lose...