7/2 Instance: All In the Family

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/2 Instance: All In the Family

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined: After Breakfast Truce

<Reed> Still under quarantine despite how much better he was feeling, Reed was left with nothing to do in his clear room. Nothing except talk to Jean-Paul and he was asleep so that left that out. Sitting at the head of JP's bed, Reed stroked a hand through his hair. He had a lot of things to answer for, even if he believed them that none of the horseman bullshit was his fault.

<Hope> Hope headed down to the medlab. She had cleared things up with Jess, but now she needed to talk to the other horsemen. She knew exactly how they had to be feeling. She approached Reed and JP's quarantine room. She smiled a bit at him. "Hey Reed."

<Reed> The sound of someone calling his name made Reed look up, hand pausing in JP's hair. Seeing Hope, he smiled a bit ", hey, Hope. What brings you down to my personal bubble?"

<Hope> Hope pulled up a stool. "Just... wanted to talk. How are you holding up?"

<Reed> He ran a hand through his hair and laughed a bit ", as well as could be expected after everything? Doctor Summers is still pretty sure my body is still incubating at least one disease, maybe more. And by
virtue of him rescuing me my boyfriend's exposed to it."

<Hope> "I nearly drowned mine and then we had an epic battle that resulted in creating a crater, if that makes you feel any better." She offered, sighing a bit.

<Reed> He nodded ", I guess that makes the disease coated french kiss I gave Jean-Paul pale in comparison....," he shook his head and looked up ", how have you been doing?"

<Hope> "Well... Summers let me out yesterday and Sue tried to kill me."

<Reed> Wrinkling his nose, Reed shook his head ", clearly someone that doesn't buy that we weren't in control of ourselves. How'd Johnny take that?"

<Hope> "He was most unhappy with her. She also told me to stay away from him, to which he said 'fuck her.' Yesterday just sucked. I'm having nightmares too."

<Reed> "God, I haven't had any nightmares but it's just a matter of time. I'm sure Sue will calm down eventually."

<Hope> "I sure hope so. Glad you aren't having nightmares at least. Sue still blames me. For everything I did as War. She doesn't think there's a difference."

<Reed> "She'll have to learn. I've done a lot of terrible things but I know that I wasn't in control then, no matter the role I had in creating the viruses," he looked at her ", you know that that wasn't you, right?"

<Hope> "Sometimes I'm not so sure... I knew what was happening. You understand... it's just, confusing and complicated. I don't understand it."

<Reed> "They twisted us. It was and wasn't us. It was us as we shouldn't have been," he shrugged. There's a difference." He looked down at JP and stroked his hair ", I created those viruses before I was a Horseman.
Never intended to us them, but it was me."

<Hope> "I didn't know who I was or who anyone was. But you're one of the only people who understand. It's because you're a genius isn't it?" Hope grinned at him.

<Reed> "There's not much of a line between genius and insanity," he smiled a bit.

<Hope> "For what it's worth, I don't think you're insane. And if anyone tries to tell you that you're a bad guy, let me know. I'll take care of them."

<Reed> Studying her, he smiled ", thanks, Hope. I guess there are some people around here that I can count on to not give me dirty looks."

<Hope> "You're part of my little family now, Reed. You and Clarice and Michael. We went through a hell that nobody else can even imagine. We have to be there for each other now."

<Reed> Smiling, Reed shifted so Jean-Paul's head in his lap ", if you guys every need anything, let me know. I've been told I'm pretty handy with technology."

<Hope> "We should work on some stuff together. I like to fiddle with it sometimes."

<Reed> "Bonding over technology. I tried that with your boyfriend once....he wasn't exactly interested the way I was," he laughed.

<Hope> "Well, that's why you have other friends too." Hope grinned at him again.

<Reed> "Yeah, yeah I guess that is," he smiled. Relaxing against the bed, Reed held JP close.

<Hope> Hope smiled at them. "You just let me know if you need anything, ok? You'll be out of there soon."

<Reed> "I hope so. I'm getting a little stir crazy. It's nice to have JP all to myself but I know he needs to be out there and able to run. We'll drive each other nuts soon."

<Hope> Hope laughed again. "That's a good problem to have though. Enjoy it."

<Reed> "I will," he nodded and smiled. "Thank you for coming to visit me."

<Hope> "Hey anytime. It's kind of weird to not be near you anymore... if you know what I mean.... without sounding weird and creepy."

<Reed> Laughing, he nodded ", I know what you mean. We got so used to being in almost constant contact with one another it's odd to be separated now."

<Hope> "Ok good. I was afraid I sounded really creepy there." She laughed, relaxing again. "Well, I'll see if I can sneak you down some junk food too if you want."

<Reed> "That sounds fantastic, actually....maybe some bagels? Jean-Paul's been looking for bagels."

<Hope> "Want anything to go on it? Cream cheese? Lochs?"

<Reed> Pondering a moment ", nutella?"

<Hope> She smiled, putting her chair back. "You got it."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Re: 7/2 Instance: All In the Family

Post by Ferguson »

Aww, traumatic experience bonding funtimes, and nutella!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

<Reed> "Bonding over technology. I tried that with your boyfriend once....he wasn't exactly interested the way I was," he laughed.
He was totally interested! ...In driving the hovercar after Reed had built it. :shifty
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ferguson »

Who wouldn't be interested in a hovercraft?
Murphy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Murphy »

Johnny got to drive that hovercar. Reed left the keys with him.