7/5 Instance: Can't Hold it in any Longer

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/5 Instance: Can't Hold it in any Longer

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Curt: Curt rapped lightly on the door and then held his stubby arm with his one hand as he waited for the okay to enter.

Cessily: "Yes, come on in, please," Cessily called through the closed door, not looking up as she sorted through a stack of files.

Curt: Curt pushed it open and smiled nervously to the counsellor. She was gorgeous and he had only spoken to her a few times. Mostly on a mission. She was almost a completely different person when she wasn't being an X-Man (whatever that was supposed to be, nowadays). "Hey... I was uh... I had free time and I figured I'd come down her to ask you about something."

Curt: He realized during this time of year and with everything that had been going on, her list of people to talk to was probably out the door. "I can make an appointment though, if that'd be more appropriate?"

Cessily: Glancing up from her papers, Cessily put on a smile. "Hello, Curt," she said. "I don't see you too often around here." She checked her watch, then hefted the stack of papers aside. "It's alright, I can always spare a couple of minutes, as long as you don't mind me boiling another pot of coffee. Do you want one, too?"

Curt: "Uh... well, no actually." He had considered it briefly. "I would normally say sure, but I think I'm done with most of my exams so my attention can use a vacation from caffeine, I think." He looked awkwardly to the floor and scratched the back of his head.

Curt: "Something's... sort of bothering me. Lately. And I was really hoping I could try to work it out with you. Well, actually a whole bunch of things are bothering me. But there's this one..."

Cessily: "Now, this is why I'm here, no?" Cessily's smile became a little bigger. "Why don't you take a seat?" She rose from her chair, however, and began to feed her coffee machine. "You can probably imagine that feeling bothered by what's been happening is far from unusual, and you're certainly not the only one."

Curt: He sat and promptly frowned. "See... that's the problem. I'm not bothered by it." He admitted. "I want to be... I feel like I should be... and something Johnny said really got to me and now, like some parasite, this thought is in my head growing and feeding on my ... I don't know, guilt? For not being ashamed of them. I guess."

Cessily: Looking over her shoulder, Cessily gave him a long, thoughtful look. "Hm, I see," she said, switching on the machine. "Well, it may seem strange to you, but not everyone reacts the same to traumatic or stressful situations. And this here definitely counts as both."

Curt: "I suppose, but what really gets me is that Johnny sort of implied I don't react the same mostly because of... well... The Lizard."

Curt: "Like as if that makes me okay with death. And, if it is true? I don't want it to be. I never thought for a second that my personality would change because of my mutation, but I'm almost wondering if it has. I used to be social. A nerd, but a social one."

Cessily: Cessily briefly bit her lip, then nodded. "I believe I understand your concern all too well, Curt," she told him. "Especially those of us with extensive physical mutations are often worried about what effects it may have on their psyche. Allow me to admit that I still worry about that myself from time to time."

Cessily: "Which doesn't mean it has to be that way in your case, of course," she added. "While much rarer, it's certainly not unheard of people shutting in all emotions in response to a traumatic experience. It's a kind of protective measure. Like, our mind's way to keep itself functional. Much like adrenalin taking away the pain when we're inured."

Curt: "But... I don't feel injured. That's my problem... I'm only upset about one thing in this whole mess and it's that they dragged Laura into this. Which is really not fair."

Cessily: "You don't have to be aware of emotional tension to be affected by it," Cessily replied, leaning forward in her chair. "Laura? Would you mind me giving a few more details then?"

Curt: "She just... she's so nice. And she has no idea what she's doing. Socially speaking? She's retarded. Completely held back, she'd been forced to do unspeakable things, trained to do unspeakable things, brainwashed to beleive unspeakable things were norma." He felt his anger welling up inside of him.

Curt: "And... and then they took her in. And they promised to take care of her and keep her safe. And what do they do?" His eyes glanced over to Cess, a glare of reptillian pupils briefly flashing as he blinked. "They throw her right back into it again. Out of the pan and into the fire. It was wrong."

Curt: "Worse than killing, worse than killing in the name of honor and justice, they betrayed a student's trust and she has no idea. And it makes me sick."

Cessily: Cessily took a deep breath and ran a hand through her hair. "You know, agree with you. This was wrong. As so many things have been lately." She gave Curt a long look. "And now you worry that you are not as bothered by these misdeeds as you should be."

Curt: "I'm worried that I'm focusing on her..." He admitted. "I... I think I like her. And I'm really upset that they did this to her."

Cessily: The gentle smile returned to the counselor's face. "Now that doesn't strike me as a worrisome reaction at all," she sad. "The desire to protect those we care for is perfectly understandable."

Curt: Curt blushed and smiled as he thought about it. "I'm just saying... Johnny's my mate and all but I'm worried that my instincts from the Lizard are kicking over into my time as Curt. I don't want to get... possessive or angry about something if I don't actually feel that way."

Cessily: She gave a thoughtful nod in response. "Of course, as much as I wish to, I can't tell you with absolute certainty that your mutation doesn't affect your psyche somehow," Cessily said. "None of us can escape the influence of our biology, after all. Or... the lack thereof, in some cases."

Connors: "I just... I want to be a good guy... not an acceptable reptile. I don't know how to be that. And I really wanna take Laura out on a real date,.." he admitted with a lack of satisfaction.

Connors: "If we're going to be honest, here."

Cessily: "I believe you absolutely are a good guy, Curt," Cessily assured him with a smile. "You have been since I've known you, and you always will be as long as you don't give up yourself. I know things are a lot more complicated for some of us, but just look how determined you are to do the right thing."

Cessily: She gave a light chuckle. "Why, I believe that's a lovely idea."

Connors: "I think maybe she should get to know me and me her a little more first. ... I just don't know how to tell her how I feel or more importantly, if I even should. She got in a real fight with my less sensitive, more scaley side. It didn't turn out well." He admitted.

Cessily: Cessily bit her lip and slightly cocked her head to the side. "Now, I may not know Laura too long yet, but I have a feeling that she's among those who might understand your burden best," she said. "As well as being fully capable to deal with any badly behaved lizards."

Connors: "She's... pretty capable, yeah." He said in an 'aw-shucks' kind of way. "I just... Don't want to ask her something and a) be turned down and b) if I'm not, put her in a situation that's not normal. She deserves normal."

Cessily: She chuckled softly. "Well, I'm afraid your first concern is something that not only you, but anyone in the dating business will have to live with. The best suggestion I can give you here is that you shouldn't rush things. Don't overwhelm her. Make sure you two get along well, and then just be yourself and ask her honestly."

Cessily: "As for normal... " Cessilly glanced sideways, wearing a faint smile. "I don't know. I say it's a pretty overrated concept. Who's totally normal, anyway?"

Connors: Curt shrugged. "I suppose. If you think it'll help... I'd say talking to her before the Summer Break kicks off might be a good idea... I'm going away, first visiting Johnny's family with him and then mine in Australia. ... You think I should ask her to come to Australia? Nah, that's too much..."

Cessily: Cessily thought about that for a moment, tapping a pen against her chin. "Well, perhaps, but I do believe offering to spend some time with her would be a really nice thing to do," she said. "After all, she'd be all on her own during the break otherwise. it would be a nice gesture to show her she belongs."

Curt: Cut shrugged. "Fair point." He decided that was enough to go on, and he had better get on it before he ran out of time. "Okay... well... Thank you. I really do appreciate it. I think I'm gonna go work on how I'm going to talk to her and maybe give it a whirl."

Curt: He flashed a toothy grin saying "What's the worst that can happen? I get shot down and become afraid of asking girls anything and become miserable and lonely and green for the rest of my life? Whatever."

Cessily: Cessily chuckled. "Before that happens, though, I suggest you come see me again," she told him, showing a smile. "Then I can teach you how to deal with rejection. But I'm absolutely certain that it won't come that far. Don't go into this with a negative attitude, will you?"

Curt: He shrugged. "I'll try. Thank you!" He waved and disappeared, his weight having fallen off his shoulders and left in the doorway.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 7/5 Instance: Can't Hold it in any Longer

Post by TechPrincess »

Awwwww Curt!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Curt should talk to the other person in the school with a mutation that has a different form and separate psyche before she leaves. ¬.¬

poor cess, so much work ><
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Curt is going to talk to so many people about this, it's probably going to get to the point that everyone BUT Laura knows how he feels. :3