7/5 Instance: West & Welaxation

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

7/5 Instance: West & Welaxation

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[Timeline: current]

Danny: Danny watched the people at the check in for the Mental Health/Rehab center go through his suitcase. He slowly began to question if he had removed his daggers and throwing stars from when he had initially come to the XU. Apaprently, as they looked up at him and threw him a thumbs up, it turns out he had.

Danny: The X-Jet to Montana had been... nice. Stressful however being he knew where he was heading, and it was not somewhere he thought he wanted to be but unfortunately somewhere he needed to be. He shot a nervous half-smile to Dr. Summers and Jess as the rest of the House Security went through his two other bags.

Jessica: Jess tried to smile back, she really did. But she didn't much feel like smiling right at the moment. She fidgeted anxiously with her cuff.

DrSummers: Scott looked over his kids and sighed. Where had they gone wrong? So far, they'd completely failed to keep the kids safe. He remembered that his time at XU hadn't been full of fun times either. Maybe mutants were doomed to a life of misery. He managed to smile. "This is one of the best places in the country, guys, and they're mutant friendly and will be very low-key and circumspect. Cheer up. You'll be getting better help than what we can give you."

Danny: He shrugged. "I feel messed up saying I need... help. I sort of just want some kind of guidance. But..." He sighed as he remembered his trip to the hospital. The scream fit with Jess. How much he had almost lost because of the X-Force "I know that things aren't what they should be at XU and... this is where I'm safe I guess."

Jessica: "I just wish it wasn't so far away...." she bit her lip, looking around the place. At least it didn't have that horrible hospital smell.

DrSummers: "I went to therapy, when I was taken and tortured, so this is a good thing, I can tell you from personal experience. And it''s not too far - a phone call or online is always allowed."

Jessica: Jess' gaze went to the floor, that wasn't good enough in her opinion.

Danny: "I know..." he whispered, hugging her. "I know. But... This is where I need to be." He turned to Dr. Summers. "I had been told you went to therapy. What was it for you? I mean you say it's good but... what happened?"

DrSummers: "What do you mean? In my therapy or what happened to me to require me to have said therapy?"

Danny: One of the larger House Assistants came over to Danny and told him he didn't need to stop talking he just needed to check his shoes and jacket and then pat him down. Danny grudgingly removed both jacket and shoes, handing them over.

Danny: "Both?" He wondered, as he watched the man push his fingers into and around Danny's shoes.

Jessica: Jess kept hold of Danny's shirt, she didn't want to let go of him. She'd let go of her anger and now she was just sad because she didn't want to be lonely again. Yes, it was selfish of her but damn it she was allowed to be once in a while.

DrSummers: "Well," He herded the kids to a more secluded spot that had semi-comfortable seating. "Why don't we sit down and I'll tell you."

Danny: Danny nodded and followed but not before the man gave him a quick pat down, asking him if there was any weapons or drugs he should be worried about. Danny said of course not, and the large, bald, muscular man smiled as if he had actually just heard that for the first time and it was true. Fortunately it was. "Join your friends, we'll be over with paper work in about 15 minutes and room assignment after that."

DrSummers: Scott looked at the kids as they settled down. "Right, you know how my power works? I basically do photosynthesis with the sun...and my body converts it to two beams of force out of my eyes. Due to an injury I incurred when my powers manifested, I am brain damaged and the part that controls my powers is non-functioning." He bared his teeth in a not-smile. "My powers are on 24/7."

Jessica: Jess chewed her lip, shifting uncomfortably. That sounded pretty awful. And scary.

Danny: "Ouch." Danny said, wondering how he handled the pain. Was there pain?

DrSummers: "But that's not what happened to me." He paused. How best to go about this and not terrify them? "Basically, if my powers don't discharge, which they're constantly doing, it build ups. I... had my eyelids shut so my powers couldn't discharge, and I was put under sunlight for hours, unable to move as I was strapped down...for days...until they used me as a weapon for tests and demonstrations." He paused again, clearing his throat. "Short of it, it hurt...and at the end, the energy I'd collected inside my body was so great, my body discharged it anyway it could. I basically exploded. I left a great big crater and blew half of the building away."

Jessica: Jess covered her mouth with her hands.

Danny: "Holy... wow. That's... a lot of power Dr. Summers. I didn't realize you had so much..."

DrSummers: "Yeah...but the generation of power was the part that hurt the most. I have migraines now, sometimes because of it." He chuckled. "I can theoretically level New York in like, 5 hours or something." He leant forward. "And just think... just two thin little discs of quarts are all that stands between you and kablooey," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Danny: "... Don't say those things so loud man, they might throw you out..."

Jessica: Jess slid her arms around one of Danny's and nuzzled his shoulder.

Danny: The papers came over and Danny began to go through them, sometimes looking to the young Doctor for assistance. "I know I should be honest... but do I have to be completely honest? Do ... Do I mention the uh..." He felt like he shouldn't have to say it.

DrSummers: "Mention the what?"

Danny: "The uh..." He leaned in and whispered 'X-Force'. A man at the desk watched Danny whispering.

Jessica: "I'm going to look around...." Jess mumbled before getting up to do just that.

DrSummers: "Not when checking in, I shouldn't think so."

Danny: "Oh." He realized getting arrested for murder might not be the best way to start rehab. "So, ...-" before he could say anything else the two large men and a rather plain looking middle-aged woman came over to them. "Okay, we're going to show you to your room." Danny shrugged and handed the paper work over.

Danny: Together the whole group got to the very large room. Inside were two queen sized beds, a television, a two dressers, two clear bins that fit under the beds, and a large walk in closet, hanging space on both sides. "Wow. Wait, why two beds?"

Jessica: Jess trailed behind the others to the rooms, looking at everything they passed.

DrSummers: "You'll probably have a roomie."

Danny: "Yuppers, that's the situation. Mr. Rand you'll be with Mr. Closely." The perky aide said. Danny raised his eyebrow at the name but figured whatever. "And you'll be in a group with the two young ladies down the hall." She pointed at two skinny, pretty girls, waving from their room's doorway at him.

Danny: Danny quickly stepped back into the room. "Group?" He asked.

Jessica: Jess frowned a little and moved to stand with Danny, taking his hand and shooting the girls a glare.

Danny: "There's no interaction after hours, and group is for social activities or if there is an outing, you have a buddy to help you out, make sure you get back by curfew." She looked to Danny's papers and then back to Danny. "You're not getting out right away though," she said with almost a snort. "You're in house. No questions."

DrSummers: "Group therapy. It's nice. Now, let's get your things unpacked, and we can take a tour."

===THE TOUR AND THEN BACK WHERE THEY STARTED==

DrSummers: Scott was sure that they'd been shown every nook and cranny in the place. "Right, kids, I better be off. It's getting late, and I've got patients to look after." He gave them each a hug. "You'll be fine, and I'm always a phone call away."

Danny: Danny nodded unenthusiastically. "What... what if I can't do it?" He asked, ashamed. "I mean... okay a gym. An art room. Nice, but... It's not XU." He looked to Jess. "It's not home."

Jessica: Jess pulled Danny into a tight hug and kissed his cheek, "You can still come home...." she was hopeful he'd change his mind.

Danny: One of the aides eyed Jess suspiciously as she heard that.

DrSummers: "You'll do fine. Just remember, it takes time."

Danny: He hugged them both, kissed Jess on the lips and whispered to her "I'll be back before you know it." to her.

Jessica: She nodded, pressing her forehead to his, "Just get better..."

Danny: "Faster than you can say 'Xavier University here I come.' I promise."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 7/5 Instance: West & Welaxation

Post by Slarti »

:shifty wow, one of them finally, really got shipped to the funny farm!!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

'bout time, eh? :smirk
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Awwwww Danny. :< Hope he gets well soon.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

So this Montana place, our version of Betty Ford? What's it called? And will they meet crazy ex-superheroes there? :shifty