7/11 Instance: Lounging Lizards

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

7/11 Instance: Lounging Lizards

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[[Timeline: The day after instance: "Kiss De Girl", During the afternoon, before instance Leaping Lizards and immediately before Over Analyzing]]

Connors: Curt groaned as he came in through the main door. It was practically a crawl to the couch in the recroom where he collapsed. 6 hours of lab work, nearly two hours of paperwork, and Wonder Labs wasn't exactly a small building.

Connors: And the elevators were being worked on. That part really helped. Once he had his face securely smashed into a pillow he grumbled a hello to Melati.

Melati: "Busy day," Melati asked, dropping her sketchbook into her lap. "If I didn't know it any better, I'd say you've been out partying until the sun came up."

Curt: "If by partying you mean the inauthentic attempt to mutate the cells and dna of your average North American Wood Duck, then yes, that's what I was doing." He sat up and the realization of who he was talking to finally kicked in. "Mel! Wow, this is serendipitous, I was just thinking about talking to you later!"

Melati: "Hopefully not about mutated ducks, though," she replied, sitting up in her chair. "I doubt I'd be much help there, and am actually somewhat worried about your project choice. Why would you want to mutate them, anyway?"

Curt: "Well, Dr, Wonder wants to see if he can create a mutant duck so he can see if we can get it to mate with another duck and pass on its mutated traits. I couldn't tell you why exactly, but he pays me $26.00 an hour to do it, so I do it." He shook the ideas and theories from his mind and tried to get back to where he wanted to be.

Curt: "Okay, so... I want to ask you a couple questions. I realized something recently about myself and I have a stupid crush on someone I probably shouldn't, and I wanted to know if you ever feel like your... lizard side might be running the show? Or if you even have a lizard side? I've never really heard you speak about your mutation, is it purely a physical thing?"

Melati: "You mean like an uncanny appetite for flying insects or the overwhelming urge to find a cozy rock in the sun?" Mel smirked, cocking her head as she put on a thoughtful expression. "I can't say I ever noticed anything like that, at least nothing that obvious."

Curt: He smiled and frowned at the same time, trying to appreciate the humor. "I'm just worried he's taking the run of the show. I know I like her but... the Lizard side is so possessive, I don't want to be a danger to her. Or worse, put her in a situation where she's a danger to me. She's had enough of forced defensive behavior."

Curt: "Plus, the other night I was sitting at the lake with her and I... Ohmigosh I freakin' kissed her... and I don't think it was me who did it. I mean it was but... it's not me, y'know?"

Melati: "Then again, some people tried blaming my unruly behavior and promiscuous tendencies on my mutation, but that may be just a comfortable excuse," she added, chuckling, before looking back at Curt. "What I'm trying to say is, does it really matter? I mean, whether it's your human or your lizard side, they're both parts of you, or are they not?"

Curt: "Well... yeah. I guess. I just feel like the emotions might be inauthentic." He curled up with the pillow and rested his chin on it. "As you can see I have a bit of low-self-esteem with this department."

Curt: "How do you get people to like you? I don't get it. I'm like a skunk or something, everyone thinks it's sad and cute and pathetic, but no one wants to be friends with it. It's depressing."

Melati: "I don't know, it just happens." Melati pulled her feet up on the chair and sat cross-legged, leaning forward. "Guess I'm just being me, I don't act a certain way, know what I mean?" She paused for a moment, running a hand over her head. "You may be right, though, and it's because there are no two separate parts to me. There's just Mel, and that's it."

Curt: "I dunno... Sometimes I think if I could just be one, and never the other, ever again? I'd be happy. I don't mind being Lizard but other people do. Especially giant rabbits."

Melati: "Oh dear, the poor bastard," Mel commented with a laugh. "Yeah, I doubt Lizard and Jack are made to live in the same house. Guess that means I'll have to keep an eye on him to make sure he's not eaten." She smirked at Curt. "Fortunately, I don't mind your other side that much. Believe it or not, he's one of the most honest guys around."

Curt: "He is stupidly blunt, yes. I'm looking forward to Summer Break, an excuse to run around in Australia, let him do his thing. Hopefully he'll come back too exhausted to bother me y'know?"

Melati: "That sounds like a wicked awesome trip." Melati's smirk turned into a full fledged grin. "I've always wanted to take my refurbished tank on a cross-country trip through Australia. See all the wild animals, like kangaroos, and just do whatever the hell I want out there in the wild."

Curt: Curt frowned at the idea of 'roos. "... I think I ate a couple of those. Kangaroos that is."

Melati: "Hey, maybe that's just what your wild side needs," she added with a shrug. "I'd say it's a worth a try. And even if not, at least you get to eat a lot of interesting things, no?"

Curt: He fidgeted. "But... it was a kangaroo. I think that's illegal... To eat it like that." He didn't like the idea of breaking a federal law.

Melati: "That is what you're worried about," Mel asked, arching an eyebrow in obvious disbelief. "I don't know, I guess people would be way more upset if you ate their loved ones or something like that."

Curt: "If I what?" Curt was briefly offended, then he remembered the Jack comment. "Oh! Nononono, I don't eat people. Haven't, won't. Lizard isn't really that kind of a carnivore, it's like a crocodile or something. Don't bother it it won't bother you but that's before I sort of... got control of him. The only reason he might target Jack is... well..."

Curt: "I mean hell look at him! It's a wonder Lizard has only stalked him so far." He looked around suspiciously. "Don't tell him that, please."

Melati: "Well, he does look rather delicious," Melati commented with a thoughtful nod. "Personally, I can't get enough of him either, but I believe Lizard and I have a different understanding when it comes to devouring a guy." She put on a mischievous smirk, fully intending her comment to be as uncomfortable as possible.

Melati: "Anyway, what I was trying to say is that I really wouldn't worry about getting charged for any environmental laws when runnin around as a giant crocodile monster. That's going to be people's least concern, believe me."

Curt: Curt was caught between being stunned at the innuendoes and the gags about his other form. He just snorted. "Yeah... I suppose."

Melati: "Not that I want to come off as nosy, but do you remember anything you did while being large and scaly," she asked. "Just being curious, if you don't mind."

Curt: "Oh yeah." He admitted. "A bit like being the passenger in a speeding car. No conrol, all the terror."

Melati: Melati nodded. "Sounds freaky," she said. "Yeah, I really don't think I've ever experienced anything like that." She frowned, waving her finger from side to side in an awkward gesture. "And you can't guide it at all? Before you said that you got some control over him. As in, not letting him eat people and stuff."

Curt: "Well... you can pull the wheel from the passengers seat can't you? Get a crazy driver to swerve out of the way of something? It's more like Lizard is understanding the rules of the road, and that's how I gain control. He understands the same principles that I do, but he doesn't always abide by them." He shrugged. "He fought Laura 'cause she was threatening. He then makes me kiss her." He covered his mouth realizing he'd spilled who his crush was.

Melati: A small, wry smirk appearing on her dark green lips. "So, Laura, eh?" Mel leaned back in her chair. "Why the secrecy? That's nothing to be ashamed of." She shrugged. "Hey, you could have picked someone a lot worse. At least she seems tough enough to handle your wild side's affections, no?"

Curt: He snorted. "Yeah, to say the least. She tossed him, well... me, out a window. That was sort of the start of it, I think."

Melati: "Ah, true love," she commented, putting on a smug smile. "Hey, more than one of my dates started out as a bar brawl. By that example, you two should be right on track." Her left hand gave him the thumbs-up sign.

Curt: He returned the thumbs up with his only hand. "I hope so. Well, I got a bug collection to finish. I'll think about what you said, thanks for the help Mel." He got up and groaned as his feet began to ache already. "Okay... long shower first."

Melati: "Have fun with that," Melati replied, performing a casual, two-fingered salute. "Just remember you can no longer say you don't got any friends 'round here. Come see me when you need another pep talk." She paused, that smirk playing across her lips again. "Or if your wild side needs to be taken for a stroll."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: 7/11 Instance: Lounging Lizards

Post by steyn »

:shifty

:bunny
Pretty sure Jack might have caught his sent or heard him at one time or another in all the stalkings... Then again, how do we know the lizard's not just skipping carnivorous cravings and going straight for carnal cravings for Jack? :coy
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Jack: it's what's for dinner. Tonight.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

It's now obvious which character we still need in the RP: *sagenod*

tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Curt: He fidgeted. "But... it was a kangaroo. I think that's illegal... To eat it like that." He didn't like the idea of breaking a federal law.
They have kangaroo burgers on most menus there. :shifty
Curt: He snorted. "Yeah, to say the least. She tossed him, well... me, out a window. That was sort of the start of it, I think."
She did not! He threw her out the window!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Believe it or not, Scott wanted to play Howard the Duck for a while...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

tears~fall~like~glass wrote:

You can't just KILL random kangaroo's and CONSUME THEM in the middle of the outback!

And she totally pushed him!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ult_Sm86 wrote:
tears~fall~like~glass wrote:

You can't just KILL random kangaroo's and CONSUME THEM in the middle of the outback!

And she totally pushed him!
Yes, you can. They're like deer there. Over-populated. Plus, if they're roadkill... Dinner without the work. :shifty

And, he ripped her out the window with his tail!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

You can't just hunt deer in the U.S. you need a hunting license and you don't run around with a giant crocodile to eat them.

And you say that, but I still see her pushing him.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

True... though, most don't run around with giant crocodiles at all... ;)
Lizard: The tail shot out, snagged her behind the neck, and wrapped around it, pulling her from the window and ripping her out of the bedroom. "Graaaarrshh!"