7/11 Instance: To the Point

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

7/11 Instance: To the Point

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Leaping Lizards

Curt: It had been a few hours since Curt had been unknowingly blasted with pheromones, kissed Jess, and proudly stomped out o the kitchen, tea-crotch and all. Thankfully, he hadn't really lost his boisterous spirit, especially since the events with Hope.

Curt: Once he ha re-earned his pride and clothing and had a good nap, he went out (in the very dead of night) completely aware of the fact that Laura would be somewhere in the campus, wide awake.

Laura: Laura was actually wide awake as she was running through her typical simulation in the danger room, as she usually did at this time of night. Well, unless her roommate was also awake. Then, she just went to drink tea with Jess. Though, Jess hadn't really been in the mood to deal with her constant questioning, and she'd picked up on it, leading her back to her training routine.

Curt: Curt finally located the Danger Room, seeing it was active. He waited for the light above the door to go from red to blue, indicating the training session had ended. When it had, he walked through the door as it slipped open to him. There she was.

Curt: He looked to her, smiled, waved, stepped forward, and then couldn't take another step. All the bravery, the intensity, the sureness behind what he intended to do washed away and he was stuck there, terrified.

Curt: Stop over-thinking he could hear Jess say. Be her friend Johnny said. Don't get stabbed! his subconscious screamed.

Laura: She let out a breath as the room returned to its usual empty state, frowning slightly. She hadn't bested the best time yet. She'd just have to try again tomorrow. At the sound of the door, she turned around, brow furrowing as she mimicked his wave. Right. That was a proper way to greet others.

Curt: "Heya! Uh... so I came here to tell you something. Something... very important."

Curt: He still couldn't move. It felt like his left foot was glued to the floor.

Laura: "What is so very important?" she asked, eyebrow raised as she considered him.

Curt: Curt: "I ... uh... well." He thought about it. Don't over analyze... "I want to tell you what a great time I had last night. And I wanted to let you know that I'm completely willing to wait. It will suck, but I feel like now is not the right time."

Curt: Curt: That's not over-analyzing, right?

Laura: Laura blinked, "The right time for what?"

Curt: He promptly wanted to take his foot and put it in his mouth. "Uh... well... You. Me. If it's ever possible."

Laura: She just stared at him, trying to work out what she was supposed to be comprehending.

Curt: "Yeah... Jess said you'd have trouble registering this. She's not wrong. I had figured too." he grabbed his cell phone out of his pocket and went to the dictionary app. He found "relationship" and showed it to her.

Curt: The text said:

Curt: "The way in which two or more concepts, objects, or people are connected, or the state of being connected.

Curt: The state of being connected by blood or marriage."

Laura: "Yes, I am aware of the definition of relationship," she replied after reading the word, not bothering with the definition. "You could not have said 'It is not the right time for us to be in a relationship'?"

Curt: "I uh... I'm sorry. I'm not good at this. I'm assuming it's not the right time... 'cause I mean... I had to explain a hug."

Laura: "Well, yes. I did not know what they were."

Curt: "So it seems really unfair to me to try to propose a relationship with you when you don't even know things like that... unless you want to have a relationship so... you can know?"

Laura: "There are numerous types of relationships," Laura pointed out, brow furrowed.

Curt: "True. We already have one. A good friendship. And we're teammates... well..." He realized that could be considered a low blow. "Not really anymore, but despite what they say you're still my teammate."

Curt: "And... I'm proposing another relationship. One that is ... as important but... sort of more uh... intimate?"

Laura: "And you do not find me ready for one such as that," she finished, everything finally piecing itself together. She started toward him and slipped by, approaching the door and nodding for him to follow. She wanted to go back to the room, shower, and change. They could have this discussion on the way. It seemed like an efficient way to accomplish everything.

Curt: He looked around skeptically and followed. "Well... no. Personally I think you're more than capable, I think a lot of people treat you like a freak and undersell your capabilities. But... in honesty? I'm afraid that you might not get the full appreciation of what I'm offering, and I feel like I might be taking advantage of it."

Laura: "Then, you can wait as you suggested until you believe you will be appreciated." Laura wasn't seeing what was overly complicated about this.

Curt: "Well... yeah I can. But wait... no." he was confused. "I'm not looking to be appreciated, I'm looking to make sure you are appreciated and someone cares for you, and I want to be that person, on a different level than others. I want ... i want you." He stopped and said it again, a little sternly. "I want you. I can wait, it just... it sucks to have to. 'Cause you're so great."

Laura: "I am great," she conceded, brow furrowing as she added, "At most things."

Curt: Curt smiled. "Yeah... it's true. And that's why I think we should uh... 'be together' I suppose is the right word. See, I'm pretty great at science and being a loser who can't talk to women, apparently, and you're great at just about everything else and I think that's just enough to go on."

Laura: "You are more than great at science, and I do not understand how talking to women is any different than talking to men."

Curt: "Well... mostly because I'm attracted to ... well... you. And I am under pressure to get this right. And not drag it out, as I have." He started walking again, realizing he'd been holding her up.

Laura: Laura clarified, "You are overanalyzing everything."

Curt: "I do that."

Laura: "I have noticed."

Curt: He took a deep breath. "Laura, would you mind being in a romantic relationship with me?" He asked bluntly. "How's that for not over analyzing?"

Laura: "I believe that was an improvement," she stated, adding her answer, "I will consider it."

Curt: He felt his heart sink and his feet dance at the same time. That's not a no. He realized and nodded to her. "Okay... cool. I uh... I'm good with that."

Laura: "Good. I shall notify you when I come to a conclusion," Laura replied, stopping in front of her door. She paused in opening it and turned to face Curt, hugging him awkwardly before stepping back and nodding. Right. That was a proper way to say goodbye... right?

Curt: Curt hugged her back and nodded to her, as if dismissing her. He then promptly melted inside and stood there for a few moments after she'd left, internally celebrating.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 7/11 Instance: To the Point

Post by TechPrincess »

Awwww so cute!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Jess says: HA! IN YOUR FACE!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Most dysfunctional relationship ever. And so adorably awkward. I love it. :toothy
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

*snort!* they're quite the pair!