7/11 Instance: Dogbreath and Sparkybutt

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/11 Instance: Dogbreath and Sparkybutt

Post by Starfish »

Timeline - A day or so after SHIELD Maiden

<Darren> Well ... the guys at the ranger cabin had been about as useful as a sauna in hell, aparently his friend had just stopped reporting in after a few months, which meant that he'd probably decided to just go back to living wild in the forests ... great.

<Darren> Darren sighed to himself as he made another sweep of this sector, weaving through the trees and summer foilage, "Kyyyyyyyleeeeeeeee!? Hey, KYLE!? Where the fucking hell are yooooooooooooou, Dogbreath?"

<@Kyle> Kyle stirred and winced. His head was throbbing and he kicked the empty bottle aside as he pushed himself up from the lump of raggy mattress. He stumbled to the open door, leaned against the frame and squinted. Craning his neck again, he heard the far off cry of his name again. A smirk appeared, and he launched himself and bounding off into the forest.

<Darren> "Goddamnit, Dogboy," Darren hovered, trying not to set fire to anything with his thrusters, he poked the recesses of his memory to try and tap into the time he and Kyle had soul merged, and all he really got was the general feeling that it was naptime ... which was so helpful ...

<Kyle> Kyle stopped for a moment, sniffing the air and listening, before running off again, towards the sound that was out of place in the forest. A he neared he slowed down, low and behind a thick tree, eyeing the one and only Darren floating about. He grinned, and pounced.

<@Darren> And food, food was also on the agenda of Kyle-brain allegedly-"ARGHAAA!" Something collided with him and tackled him to the ground, his lost shape momentarily as he fell and morphed his gun arm, landing on his back and pointing the gun at his attacker's head, "... Kyle?" He blinked in shock, "Damn you got ... big."

<Kyle> Kyle snickered, his grin goign from ear to ear, and then gave a big long lick over Darren's face before stepping off him and standing up. "I grew up... and out... and under... and everyway." he said.

<@Darren> Darren rolled to his feet, shaking out his hand as it morphed back and wiping his face with the other, "I'll say," he took a step back and looked up at Kyle ... which was someting he was definetly not used to, having to look up at people.

<@Darren> Despite that, he felt a wide grin start to cross his face, "Damnit, it's good to see ya again, bro!"

<Kyle> "Yus," Kyle said nodding his head eagerly, "Was getting bored around here. Work was getting really boring. No poachers to scare anymore. Used to do that when I stated... but they don't come around here anymore."

<Kyle> Kyle scratched his head. "Still have little bit of mohawk fur." Kyle said, jumping to another subject and turned to show the back of his head and neck, the fur mohawk disappearing under the black shirt and reappearing where the shirt ended, going all the way to the tip of his tail.

<@Darren> Darren chuckled at that, "You have fine taste, my man. Though if you were bored then you shoulda come back to the school or something, there's always something exciting going on there, for sure." He took a seat on a fallen log and lit up a cigarette.

<Kyle> Kyle stepped over to the tree trunk and straddled the thing, "Wasn't sure if I could stay there... not a teacher, not a student." he shrugged, then leaned in, sniffing at the smoke, flicked his head and rubbed his nose. "Sometimes want to smoke... most times don't like smoke."

<@Darren> "You could have been an X-Man," Darren shrugged, offering the box to Kyle, "today a smoking day then, dude?"

<Kyle> The grin reappaeared and he took a cigarette with a big clawed hand, putting it in his mouth and leaning closer to Darren for a light, "Got better wiff fire." he added rather proudly.

<@Darren> "Awesome," Darren smiled, lighting Kyle's cigarette for him, "so, you considering a change in career then, since the forest warden thing's gotten kinda dull?"

<Kyle> He sucked on the cigarette,"Very dull. X-men need more people?" he asked, breathing out the smoke.

<@Darren> "Gotta admit, I'm not here on behalf of the X-Men, I'm here for SHIELD," he sighed, breathing out a stream of smoke and leaning back, "Fury's assembling his own super-hero team see, like an official one, I've been asked to extend to you an invitation to join it."

<Kyle> "Okay." Kyle said without question and stood up, ready to go.

<@Darren> "... What?" Darren paused with his cigarette halfway to his moth, "Aren't you even gonna think about it?"

<@Darren> "Hell, I'm not even sure if I wanna take it up!"

<Kyle> "Are they good guys?" Kyle asked, tapping the ash off his cigarette.

<@Darren> "Well, Fury's incharge of this new team and stuff, so yeah, I'd say so."

<Kyle> "Will they let me hit bad guys?" he asked.

<@Darren> "Hitting bad guys is pretty much the point of the new team, yeah."

<Kyle> "Okay, thought it over, let's go."

<@Darren> Darren just stared at him for a few seconds longer before bursting out into laughter, "Damnit! I missed you Dogbreath," he chuckled.

<Kyle> Kyle grinned, smoke seeping through his fanged teeth and out his nostrils, looking like some kind of halloween mask. "So we going then?" he asked.

<@Darren> "Well, not back to SHIELD just yet, me and Selene need to figure out what we're doing, I figure we could head back to the school for a bit though, there's still a load of the old guard there, it'll do everyone good to see an old, friendly face for a bit, and you've got a lot to catch up on."

<@Darren> Darren held up a hand, showing the ring he wore on his finger, "Like the fact me and Sel tied the knot," he grinned widely.

<Kyle> Kyle blinked . "Congratulations. You two gonna make scary electric babies?" he asked, then remembered something, "Umm... need to see Cessily, need to.... ask her stuff."

<@Darren> "Thanks, and maybe one day, don't think Sel's to keen to have her figure ruined just yet," he very carefully put his cigarette out, "Cess is still there doing her mentoring thing, I'm sure she'll be glad to see you. So, you go anything you wanna pack or what?"

<Kyle> "Nope," Kyle said then sucked in smoke, "Should probably see Dr McCoy too." Kyle added. "About... this." he gestured to himself in his hairy hulking form.

<@Darren> ".... Yeah, you two probably have something in common now," Darren muttered, "Good plan."

<Kyle> Kyle just cocked his head in a bit of confusion, then caught on,"Oh, big hands, big feet."

<@Darren> "Something like that," Darren grinned, no way was he spoiling that suprise, "come on then, I'll give you a lift back now then."

<Kyle> "...can you still carry me?" Kyle asked, giving a final suck on the cigarette before putting it out.

<@Darren> "I flew a nuke into orbit not to long ago, seven foot tall dog-man? No problem."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 7/11 Instance: Dogbreath and Sparkybutt

Post by Ferguson »

Oh god, Kyle and Hank furstance, I shouldn't be so amused at the possibilities.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

:bounce WOOHOO, return of the dogboy! :party

McCoy and Kyle... would that end with Hank perching on a cabinet, hissing down at Kyle, who's barking back at him? I sure hope so.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Do we have kitty hank or gorilla hank?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given