7/12 Instance: Pinky Frowny-Faces Gumby

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

7/12 Instance: Pinky Frowny-Faces Gumby

Post by Starfish »

Timeline - Current

<@Clarice> Clarice was once again on her way down to the medlab, we a new supply of books for Jean-Paul, he seemed to be going through them much quicker these days. As she turned the corner she saw that her friend was napping but Reed was awake and she hessitated for a moment, she and Reed hadn't had a chance to talk to each other alone since they'd been brought back.

<@Clarice> She shook her head and continued forwards, might as well make use of the opotunity that had presented itself, and knocked on the glass, "Hey."

<Reed> The forced confinement was finally grating on Reed's nerves. It was one thing to separate himself from people, he did it all the time, but to actually be kept away and for Jean-Paul to have to suffer it with him, it was a completely different thing. Clutching at his hair as he reads, he was completely oblivious to Clarice's approach until she spoke up. Looking at her, he set the book aside ", hello."

<@Clarice> She pulled the books out of her canvas back and slid them into the drawer, "Brought you guys some more reading material," she said quietly, glancing at the snoring Jean-Paul, "how're you both holding up? Know when you'll be out yet?"

<Reed> Reed moved to get the books and set them on the nearest surface ", thank you. We've been going a bit stir crazy, I think. He's not made for solitary like this and I'm finally wearing thin of being anti-social. As far as I know Dr Summers said we should be all clear soon."

<@Clarice> "No, he's certainly a social butterfly, that one," she gave the sleeping Jean-Paul a warm smile before turning back to Reed, "Though, I'm kinda glad he's asleep, I've been wanting to talk to you about some stuff, is that okay?" She pulled one of the seats up next to the glass and sat down.

<Reed> Watching his boyfriend sleep for a moment brought a smile to Reed's face. Taking a deep breath and turning back to Clarice he gave her a small smile ", I've kinda been waiting for something like this, to be honest."

<@Clarice> "Oh?" She managed a rueful smile, "which bit are you expecting then?"

<Reed> "Someone coming to confront me about what I've done that isn't Horseman related," he shrugged ", I know my name was given out. I figured it was just a matter of time before I had to answer for it."

<@Clarice> Clarice nodded, "After Jean-Paul ran away, we met up again back at his home. I was the one that convinced him to come back, that running away would just make things worse, and that he had people here who cared about him," she fixed Reed with a serious look, "people like his boyfriend, who of course wouldn't be involved with any of that sorta thing."

<Reed> Closing his eyes to hide the wince, Reed turned his head away from the pink girl. This was another conversation he knew he had coming to him though she wasn't the person he expected to be having it with. He bit his lip and opened his eyes, lookinng at his hands.

<@Clarice> Clarice shook her head, "I don't ... I don't understand, you care about Jean-Paul don't you? How could you make him your fall guy like that? How could you even get involved with that sorta thing? You seem so ... well ... nice."

<Reed> "He was never meant to be involved in any of that. And I only really joined as a means for access to research labs for my own projects," he shook his head ", I do care about him....I..I love him. But I am not in any way a nice person."

<@Clarice> ... Was that the big, scarey 'L' word there? In other circumstances Clarice would have gleed, "But when he became involved, you could have stopped it, came forwards and stuff, that's what you do for people when you love them isn't it?" She fidgited, "and Jean-Paul must think you're a nice person, otherwise he wouldn't be going out with you."

<Reed> "No, I'm not a nice person. I'm an extraordinarily selfish person who wanted to have my research and my boyfriend. I made compromises and demands to keep JP out of it as best as I could but sometimes shit just happens," Reed settled back down and sighed ", I never meant to get in so far..."

<@Clarice> "So it sorta ... just got away from you?" Clarice asked, looking down at her feet, "and at the end you just ... what, didn't want to have to make the sacrifice of giving yourself in to save him?" Her eyes strayed to Jean-Paul, "... yeah, you are pretty selfish then I guess, though at least you know you were wrong now."

<Reed> He frowned and folded his arms over his chest protectively. "I already know I don't deserve him, Clarice. Thank you for the reminder." He took another deep breath and shook his head ", sorry. You didn't deserve that. But you're right."

<@Clarice> Clarice's fists wanted to clench but she controlled herself, "When you were asleep the other day I came and talked to Jean-Paul about this, I think he wants it to work between you both, so you just ... better start thinking of ways to make it right between you two, not a lot of people whould give you a second chance like he is," she said, keeping her voice level.

<Reed> Leaning over and clenching his hands in his hair again, Reed squeezed his eyes shut ", I know. I'm going to do everything I can to make it up to him."

<@Clarice> "Good," Clarice said, looking through the glass at him sadly and wishing she could pat him on the shoulder or something, then she remembered something, "Oh ... umm, I think Professor Kent said he wants to punch you in the face, so when you're out I'd suggest avoiding him too," she suggested.

<Reed> Reed laughed a bit and ran a hand over his face ", thanks for the warning, I guess. I'll keep that in mind."

<@Clarice> Clarice gave him a smile, "You're welcome ... so ... umm ... about the horseman thing ... are we, okay with that? I can't imagine the Herald was nice to you in there ..."

<Reed> "Of course you're fine. Given the circumstances, I'd be a absolutely stupid to blame you for anything. A little taunting is nothing," he shook his head.

<@Clarice> Clarice let out a sigh of relief, "It's good to hear it from you though, just to be sure," she said, "sorry if I came out mean talking about the Brotherhood thing but ... but Jean-Paul is the most important person to me, I just ... I just want him to be happy," she glanced over at him again and sighed a little whistfully.

<Reed> He nodded and looked back to Jean-Paul ", I'll do my best to make sure that he is. I've fucked up enough for the time being."

<@Clarice> "Good," Clarice nodded, "then I don't hafta go all 'Astounding Blink' on your butt then. I don't think Jean-Paul could live down a girl defending his honour anyways."

<Reed> "I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all," he smiled at her tiredly.

<@Clarice> "I guess you're right, I am the Astounding Blink after all, he should be used to it," she stood up, "I'll let you get some rest now, okay?"

<Reed> "Thank you," Reed nodded and moved to settle back into his cot ", he's lucky to have a friend like you."

<@Clarice> Clarice shook her head, "Naaah, I'm the lucky one, sleep well, Reed."
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Re: 7/12 Instance: Pinky Frowny-Faces Gumby

Post by Ferguson »

:shifty

Jean-Paul now demands a jousting tourney for the defense of his honour!
Murphy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Murphy »

Reed's sad and guilty. *nod*
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I'm trying to imagine Darren punching him... wouldn't he just bounce back like rubber? *boi-oi-oi-ing!*
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

They should have a racquetball match over JP's honour, with Reed being the ball. :shifty