7/15 Instance: What Else Should I Be? (All Apologies)

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

7/15 Instance: What Else Should I Be? (All Apologies)

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[Timeline: Immediately after Instance: Looking For Lizard ]

Jessica: Jess landed on the roof and tucked her hair behind her ear before answering the call. "Danny?"

Danny: "N'aw 'dis is Corey." C-Dawg said. "I'm uh... callin' to apologize fer in'aruptin' ya conversation the other day..."

Danny: "I was a uh... bit of a prick. Not gonna happen 'gain promise. Here's yo boy."

Jessica: Jess blinked, "Uh... right..." she waited then tried again, "Danny?"

Danny: "Hey." he said softly. "I'm really sorry about the last time I called, we uh... we had a disagreement. It gets stressful here. I keep forgetting I'm not really here for the same things as them, I'm mostly being treated because it was an 'attempted suicide', while some of these guys are in forced rehab by a judge."

Danny: "You know? It's... different experience for them." He looked at Corey who was walking away with the gloom and doom one would expect of an ex-meth head. "It's difficult to say the least."

Jessica: "It's okay, I'm not angry.... I was just worried... what happened after? I heard what you said..." she chewed her lip and sat down on the wall.

Danny: "Yeah... it went black. But, it doesn't make sense I... I came clean. I did everything right I'm repairing my soul, it doesn't... make sense."

Danny: He sounded despondent.

Jessica: "Are you sure you're not just sick or something?" She didn't understand this stuff properly.

Danny: "No... it's... I mean I get sick here. A lot. But my body doesn't like a lot of the pills they give me." He also didn't like how they wouldn't give him painkillers for his back. "I really need to speak with Laura at some point. Can you have her be around next time I call?" He requested. "I... feel awful."

Danny: You should call Lorna too he thought to himself. If you can't get hold of Professor Drake, at least talk to his wife.

Jessica: "If I'd have known that I would have stayed where I was when you called - I was with Laura and Curt.... And how can I make sure she's around? I don't know when you're going to call..."

Danny: "I earned a call when I worked out my problem with Corey. I have two free periods to call tomorrow, one at 3PM and one at 8 before lights out. Which would you prefer?" He asked.

Jessica: "Um... I have work at three so eight is probably be- wait.... they make you go to bed that early?"

Danny: "Well... lights out are at 9PM. You can read, but there's no main lights on. No TV. Unless you need to talk to someone, then one of the doctors or therapists can be on call to help you out."

Danny: He wasn't about to admit he woke up crying twice and had spoken to a therapist about it. Both times they were dreams of Jessica getting her face punched into bits... by Danny himself.

Jessica: "That.... sounds really boring.... and frustrating...." she wrinkled her nose. What if they couldn't sleep..

Danny: "It is. Man, lemme tell ya. Super boring. But hey, I got a question for you... when we talked last you said you had some... news? I think? I couldn't hear you over Corey's shouting."

Jessica: "Yeah... there was a meeting about x-force and everything..." she sighed, eyeing the hole in the roof from where she was sat.

Danny: "Was there? So it did officially come out." He sighed. "Well... that's good. It's not fair that Professor Drake was forced to take the responsibility of it on his own, maybe the students will help bring us back down. Set us right."

Danny: "We deserve it."

Danny: "But at the end, we're still X-men y'know? We did what we did and it may have been a mistake but... we did it for the team."

Jessica: "Yeah... um.... about that... you're not.... they want everyone on x-force to turn their uniforms in... you have to earn your place back on the team..."

Danny: Danny gulped. "We're... kicked off?" He couldn't argue with the logic, it made sense. But it still hurt. A lot.

Danny: "I.. I mean... we did earn that place. We came here to be trained how to control our abilities and help find others who needed that same helping hand."

Jessica: "Yeah but x-men don't kill.... that's kind of a big rule for them...."

Danny: "... True point. I can't argue that, I really can't." He groaned and rubbed his temples, the phone resting between his ear and shoulder. "This is awful, Jess. I don't know what I'm supposed to do... I don't even know if I should be coming back after this."

Jessica: "Don't talk like that, Danny... You have to come back..." she got up to pace and ran a hand through her hair, "You won't be off the team forever..."

Danny: "How do I know that? What can I possibly do to make it up to them?"

Jessica: "Show them that you deserve a place with your actions just like everyone else is going to have to do.... Just please come back... don't leave me here on my own..."

Danny: "Oh, Jess come now! I wouldn't leave you alone! I'd still visit..." even saying it felt wrong. "But you're right... not worth it. I should come back. It'll be... difficult. Awkward. But... worth it."

Jessica: "So worth it, I promise... Just hold on, okay? Whatever happens we can fix it..."

Danny: "Okay... I promise, too. I need to go, though honey. I -... the call is up. I can't push it. I'll call for 8 tomorrow, yeah?"

Jessica: "Yeah... okay.... I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow... I miss you..."

Danny: "I miss you too. And... I L-Word you."

Danny: He cracked a smile as he said it, hoping she would think it's as cute as he did.

Jessica: She rolled her eyes a little but the the smile was audible in her voice, "You're an idiot..."

Danny: "I'm an idiot like a fox."

Danny: He made a kissing soun into the receiver and said good-bye one more time, then hung up.

Jessica: Jess sighed, looking down at her phone as the light went out because the call was over. She was starting to hate that thing. At least if she didn't have a phone she wouldn't have to keep saying goodbye all the damn time. She stuffed her phone in her pocket and took off again deciding to fly around for a while until she felt better.