7/17 Instance: A Different Kind of Terrifying

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

7/17 Instance: A Different Kind of Terrifying

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after A Tale of Two Women

Illyana: Illyana smiled as her tea brewed in her cup. Not much longer now. She wondered briefly if she should trust that study that said that one cup of caffeinated beverage a day was ok... but she shook her head. Better safe than have regrets. She rubbed her tummy absentmindedly as she waited.

Rachel: Rachel made her way into the kitchen and to the fridge, looking over the contents with a slight frown. There had to be some leftovers, right?

Illyana: Illyana glanced up at the redhead and blinked. "Hello. I don't believe we've met."

Rachel: "Huh, oh. No, we haven't..." she shook her head and closed the fridge after getting a drink. She could just grab a snack from the pantry. But, first... She offered the other girl her hand, "Rachel."

Illyana: Illyana took it smiling. "Rachel... like the Rachel that was taken?"

Rachel: "Yeah... That's me..." Rachel managed a small smile in return. She wondered how long she'd have to go by that title.

Illyana: "Ohhh, I'm Illyana Maximoff. Pietro's wife." She dropped her hand, going to take the teabag out of her cup of tea.

Rachel: "Oh." She was fairly sure Pietro had mentioned her after she'd woken up, but she wasn't positive. She went to get a bag of chips from the pantry and sat down.

Illyana: Illyana watched her for a moment, then spoke again. "Are you friends with Monet?"

Rachel: Rachel blinked, chip halfway to her mouth, "Monet has friends?"

Illyana: Illyana smiled softly at that. "I'd hope not. But she did manage to secure a fiance, so I wasn't sure. We had a run in."

Rachel: "Jason was...?" she trailed off, not exactly sure how to process that. She ate her chip and questioned, "Run in?"

Illyana: "She came to our house. Pushed past me to get inside, levitated me like I was some sort of plaything. Then threw around comments about how she used to sleep with my husband. If he hadn't stopped me, I planned on teleporting her into the lake."

Rachel: "...That would have been the greatest thing ever."

Illyana: Illyana laughed at Rachel, smiling again. "Unfortunately, it's not ok for me to get so upset right now. I should have just teleported around Pietro... why didn't I think of that at the time?!"

Rachel: "Hindsight," Rachel gave a small grin.

Illyana: "Next time." Illyana assured her. "I just don't get it... no one has ever gotten to me like that."

Rachel: She nodded, "I like to think that's part of her mutation."

Illyana: Illyana laughed again. "I'm glad it's not just me then. Pietro just..." She sighed, frustrated. Pietro didn't understand.

Rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow, "Pietro...?"

Illyana: "That's part of my issue with her. He defends her."

Rachel: "Well, I suppose someone has to..."

Illyana: "I disagree." Illyana shook her head. "Anyone who is that conceited doesn't deserve defending."

Rachel: "True, but it's always nice to have someone that'd stick up for you."

Illyana: "True, but nobody wants to stick up for you if you are an arrogant bitch who refers to people as pets. She told him he needed to pay for obedience for his pet, meaning me."

Rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, "The best way to deal with Monet is to not listen... or choke her. I find that one highly effective."

Illyana: "I couldn't choke her!" Illyana gave Rachel a horrified look. "Now... teleporting her into a lake.... that I can do."

Rachel: "Well, I can't teleport, so I make do with what I have," she shrugged, ignoring the part of her mind that was reminding her she hadn't finished the job.

Illyana: "I'll leave the choking up to you then." She laughed, taking a sip of her tea. She could see why Pietro liked her. She was really nice.

Rachel: Rachel reached for her drink, "But, yeah... It's best just to ignore her, as hard as that can be."

Illyana: "I get spoiled that people can't get into my head. I forget that I can still be manipulated physically." She wrinkled her nose a bit. "I hate that feeling... that helplessness. Pietro babies me enough without that."

Rachel: Her brow furrowed at the first comment, and she experimentally tuned into the thoughts around her. Huh. There was nothing from Illyana. It was... unsettling. "Just tell him to knock it off."

Illyana: "Most of the time it's really sweet. I don't have the heart to tell him to stop. I just worry that it'll get really bad in a few months... though to be fair, I probably won't mind then."

Rachel: "...Why would it get really bad?"

Illyana: "I'll be fat and waddley and very obviously pregnant with twins." She laughed a little.

Rachel: "Oh..."

Illyana: Illyana looked over at her face again. "Something wrong?"

Rachel: "It's just... a surprise..."

Illyana: "He hasn't mentioned he's going to be a dad?"

Rachel: "Well, I mean... Not to me, but I'm a bit out of the loop, I imagine..."

Illyana: "That makes sense. I am catching you up then." She smiled and went for her secret stash of goodies in SELENE'S PROJECT DO NOT TOUCH box.

Rachel: Rachel gave a smile in return, "I suppose you are."

Illyana: "Do you want a cupcake or a twinkie?" She called out from the cabinet.

Rachel: "No thanks. I'm good with chips."

Illyana: "Alright then." Illyana took her cupcake and slid the box back. "So what is your ability besides choking bitches?"

Rachel: Rachel laughed, "Telepathy."

Illyana: Illyana laughed at that too. "Figures."

Rachel: "It's not exactly as useful as the telekinesis."

Illyana: "That would be very handy. Pietro is so fast that it's like having that kind of, but not the same. I'd never get up except to like... go pee." She laughed. "...which I have to do all the time now."

Rachel: "That sounds... annoying." And annoying was an understatement in her opinion.

Illyana: "Highly annoying. Two tiny humans pressed up in all kind of awkward places." Illyana made a face.

Rachel: Rachel's face also twisted.

Illyana: "What is even more annoying is that without the medication Scott gave me, I was sick all the time. It's enough to make me say that these are the last kids we're having."

Rachel: "Well, after twins, I can't see why you'd want anymore." Though, she couldn't see why people wanted any in the first place.

Illyana: "You should see the nursery Pietro hand painted though. It is the most beautiful thing he's ever done."

Rachel: Rachel debated that. Painting was fine, however the idea of a nursery terrified her. "I'll have to talk to him about it."

Illyana: Illyana beamed in her smile. "Excellent! I should probably get back. I'll tell him I ran into you."

Rachel: "Well, I guess I'll see you around," she managed a small smile back.

Illyana: "It was good to meet you finally." Illyana assured her.

Rachel: "Likewise."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 7/17 Instance: A Different Kind of Terrifying

Post by Slarti »

Power to choke a bitch! Wooo!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 7/17 Instance: A Different Kind of Terrifying

Post by Svartfreja »

Rachel: Rachel blinked, chip halfway to her mouth, "Monet has friends?"
HA! Oh Rachel... so much said in just three words! :LOL
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6