7/18 Instance: 2 Down, 1 To Go

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

7/18 Instance: 2 Down, 1 To Go

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

[timeline = current]

Danny: The phone was passed from Jess to Laura and Danny took a deep breath as he waited for her to say something into the phone, letting him know she was there.

Laura: Laura stared blankly at the phone, gaze going up to her roommate's face and back down to the device. Then, she looked between it and her notes. She was quite busy studying and couldn't fathom why anyone would want to speak with her. Letting out a sigh, she reluctantly took it and held it to her ear, "May I help you?"

Danny: "Laura. Good, I was worried for a second there Jess had thrown the phone out the window. It's Danny, by the way."

Laura: "I do not understand why she would have done so or how that is relevant..." she commented, shooting Jess a look before glancing back down. Maybe she could study for this final and speak, however she wasn't sure dividing her attention would be productive.

Danny: "It's not. Okay, look I know I got in a fight with you and then-- practically over night like some fart in the wind, I disappeared to rehab. I,... I'm facing a lot of my inner demons here and I realized I made a really big mistake picking a fight with you."

Danny: "And I know you might not register this completely, but I hope you do and you don't need to accept it but I am sincerely sorry. I really shouldn't have done that. I started a fight with you at a bad time when I absolutely shouldn't have."

Laura: "I agree. You should not have started a fight with me." He was lucky it had been interrupted because she would've won. She mulled over the apology bit next, debating and eventually settling on the response, "I suppose I can forgive you."

Danny: "Thank you. And I also want you to know that when I get back, I'm really hoping I can count you as a friend. I understand if not, but I-- I just don't want you to hate me mistakes I was making when I was in the wrong mindset. You're an important part of this school."

Danny: "You deserve to be here, and none of the things I said were true." He admitted, feeling genuinely that that was the case.

Laura: "I imagine we will find out when you return whether or not we are capable of maintaining a friendship."

Danny: "... I uh... I guess that's fair. And Laura, I want you to know that... if there's anything I can do for you, I'll do it. I don't just owe you an apology, I owe you a chance to make it all up." He wasn't sure what she could ever need that he could do, but he was sure there was something.

Laura: "I will keep that in mind," Laura replied easily, also having no idea when she'd ever have use for a favor from him. She supposed it could possibly be useful for something though.

Danny: "Great. Okay well... I gotta go. We're having a bake-therapy session tomorrow, it should prove to be interesting. You got a favorite snack or something I can send you and Jess?"

Danny: *"Okay well I gotta go in a second but first,..."

Laura: There was a scuffling noise as Laura moved the phone away from her face and muffled voices. Then, Laura moved the phone back to her ear and gave him the answer, "Jessica enjoys this thing called a Victoria sponge."

Danny: "... Sounds difficult. I'll do my best. What about yourself? You allergic to anything?"

Laura: "I heal," she simply stated, "However, I do not have any preference. You may surprise me."

Danny: Danny took note of that. "Will do. Alright, I'll catch you later. Thanks for letting me talk, Laura. It means a lot."

Laura: Laura pulled the phone away from her face once more and studied the buttons, quickly identifying the one that would end the call. She pressed it before passing Jess the phone back. Now she would be able to study.

Danny: "And if you could just pass it off to Je-... Hello?" The deafening tone of a call being over blared into his ear. "Oh... Okay then."