7/21 Instance: Challenges

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

7/21 Instance: Challenges

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Timelined before [Instance]Hot Topics and [Instance]Shhh... I'm Huntin' Wabbits....

Hope: Hope sat at the counter in the kitchen with half of the cheesecake in front of her gone already. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wondered if she would gain weight from all these sweets, but she dismissed it. She took another bite instead.

Tigra: Greer could smell her favourite thing. She followed her nose to the kitchen, blinking huge green eyes at the plate on the table from the door way. Cheeeeesecaaaaaake. She licked her lips.

Hope: Hope glanced up at Greer and nearly fell out of her chair (again). "Hey! Greer! Just the person I wanted to talk to."

Tigra: "Really?" She cocked her head on one side, moving into the kitchen, her tail curling around her legs. Cheeeeesecaaaaaake. "What about? Cheesecake? Um.... I mean... can I have some?"

Hope: "Sure grab a fork." Hope pushed the cheesecake to be more in a shared area. "It's uh... well I can give you the long story but basically, how do you control your feral?"

Tigra: "Fuck yeah!" she hurried to get a fork and sat down, her tail curling around the leg of the stool. She stuffed a forkfull of the cake into her mouth before she remembered Hope had asked her a question. A fact she promptly forgot again as the taste registered on her senses. Mmmmmmmmm....

Hope: "I hope it's not a weird question. It's supposed to help me with my powers or some nonsense."

Tigra: She swallowed, "What's that now?"

Hope: "Um... how do you control your feral?"

Tigra: "Oh.... um...." she thought about that one, her tail ticking against the leg of the stool and her ears flicking back and forth. "We... reached an understanding..."

Hope: "But... how?" That was kind of what Curt said about him and the lizard. Was she supposed to reach an understanding with War?

Tigra: "It took a while... I tried all kinds of crazy things to get rid of it. Even got a telepath to lock it away but then I couldn't use my powers." She chewed her lip, "Eventually I just accepted that there's a reason she's there..."

Hope: "Yeah..." Hope took another bite of cheesecake. "How what happened next?"

Tigra: "I... Chris asked me to marry him... and I freaked out... because back then the feral... she wasn't... she didn't get it... that people like to be with one person... so I ran away..."

Hope: Hope remembered that. She figured if Chris hadn't told her that she had made a move on him she sure wasn't going to tell her. "Right... I remember that. So how did you get control again?"

Tigra: "Well... when I was on the way here before... I met a bunch of other ferals... kind of like a pack... so I went to find them... I thought I'd just stay with them for a while... maybe forever..." she had another bite of cheesecake. "Some stuff happened... there was a big fight and the feral took control - to keep me alive. She's good like that."

Hope: Hope had stopped eating, hanging on the words to her story. It felt like she was right there, right at the answer. "Yeah? Then?"

Tigra: "Then afterwards... there was a guy... like me... I'd met him before... and after the fight he was Alpha.... and he wanted me..." she looked down at the table. "That happened before... had to kill..." a low growl rumbled in her chest. "They don't like no."

Hope: Hope cringed a bit. "But you got out of there."

Tigra: She nodded, "That time was better... Tigra said no too... and he was different... nicer... he let me say no..." she had another bite of cheescake. "Chris is my mate... Tigra finally got that and he got that too.... so then I left there and I went to see my parents to tell them I'm engaged now."

Hope: "That's so romantic." Hope swooned a bit.

Tigra: She giggled, "Yeah I guess so... but it's still a balancing act between me and her. I know she won't cheat on him but there's still her temper and her.... habits...." she wrinkled her nose. "But it's a small price to pay to have a constant protector that knows no fear."

Tigra: She paused, "Well... unless the other person has a flaming stick."

Hope: Hope laughed a bit, just barely able to keep her hand from flaming up. That would be cruel. "I still don't see how that's supposed to help me get control." She laughed again. "Curt tried to say that learning to control a feral would help. I just don't see it."

Tigra: "Help? With what? And you're welcome to try my powers if you want but I can't promise it'll be pretty. Hasn't been another girl feral since the other cat and that was not great.... Kyle had to get a water bottle on us."

Hope: "Yeah.... I guess I should only try that with one of the fire people around. I'm cautious about using a power like that and losing control... and not being able to regain it. Curt had to stop me..." She made a face. That dog...

Tigra: "Well.... realistically I should be able to stop you. This place is my territory. I am alpha here now. If your feral took over she'd have to fight me and win, which I'm thinking she wouldn't because you're new at this and I've had a lot of practice and training."

Hope: Hope scratched her head a bit. Ferals were complicated. And it wasn't just a feral that Greer would likely have to fight. War hadn't emerged with Lizard, but that didn't mean she wouldn't with a kitty feral. "Rather not fight you."

Tigra: She giggled, "You'd be fine. Healing comes with the fur and the tail and enhanced strength too. There might not be a fight. This place smells like me everywhere."

Hope: War wouldn't give two hoots about Tigra's territory. "Well that's a relief." She smiled a bit. "There's so many powers here..." She ran her fingers through her hair.

Tigra: She nodded, "Yeah... but come next semester there'll be less." She was going to miss this place. Her ears betrayed her.

Hope: "I doubt that. There's always more people coming in. Which means a whole new set of powers to get familiar with."

Tigra: "Yeah..." she gave another nod. More cheesecake. "Well if you want to try you know where to find me. I'm not going to make you."

Hope: "Besides. If I did end up hurting you, Chris would kick my ass." She grinned at her. "And I think he'd win..."

Tigra: "Nah it's fine. I'd heal... and what he doesn't know won't hurt you."

Hope: Hope laughed at her again. "Nice phrasing there." She took another bite of cheesecake.

Tigra: She grinned fangily. "You know it!"

Hope: "Well... I guess what I am supposed to take away is that I have to actually use my powers... and stop trying to hide from them. Because nobody gets control over night."

Tigra: "Oh hell no, if it was that easy we would need a school." She smiled, "Don't be scared of your powers, Hope. God never gave anyone anything they couldn't handle."

Hope: Hope was pretty sure it wasn't God who had given her War. "Of course." She gave her a smile. "So I should stop hoping for a cure to get rid of them and start worrying about controlling them."

Tigra: "Don't worry. You don't need to worry. You can control them. You're doing it right now. Just have to work on the fine tuning. That's what this place is for." She smiled at her, "It's like icing a cake."

Hope: "True... I could be cursed with no control and tap into whoever is close to me... oh wow that sucked when it happened. When I first found out I was a mutant... and I couldn't figure out what I could actually do."

Tigra: "You see? You've already come so far. It'd be a total waste to give it up now. It'd be like leaving what's left of this cheesecake to just sit here on the table and not get eaten. So sad...."

Hope: "That would be sad." Hope agreed, pushing the rest toward her. "So you better eat it."

Tigra: "Challenge accepted!" Greer dug in.