8/15 Instance: Fifty Shades of Fabian

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

8/15 Instance: Fifty Shades of Fabian

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined friday the 21st

<@Fabian> "Did I forget that I mentioned my neverdying love of Marrakech and Morocco or are you secretly telepathic?" Fabian looked to Jessica teasingly as he pulled out her seat for her. It was a nice treat though it wasn't really the kind of place he really would have chosen to have the talk with Jess he said he would to Hope but he'd wait for his moment at least.

<Jessica> "I guess I must have an undiscovered power," she replied, taking her seat with a smile and a polite nod of thanks.

<@Fabian> "Had you made it down that way while you were still travelling?" Fabian asked, sliding into his seat. "And I'll have to guard against that somehow. Though, the last time someone discovered an undiscovered power around me there were tentacles involved so I suppose you being a sudden telepath would be a step up."

<Jessica> She laughed a little, "I've heard about the tentacles but I've not seen them yet. And yes, I've been there. I've been to a lot of places.... I could probably make most of the things on the menu but it's nice to not cook once in a while."

<@Fabian> "Yes, I know you've travelled a good deal." And, from their last date, didn't really enjoy much of it from what Fabian recalled. "There do seem to be a lot of cooks in and around the school, it's quite handy for a talentless scavanger like myself."

<Jessica> "Cooking's easy once you know the basics. A lot of it's the same just applied to different foods. The trick is to manage your time well enough that everything's ready at the same time and nothing gets burned." she slipped a hand into her pocket and pressed the button on her phone that was supposed to be used to send an sos message but she was using it tonight to send a prewritten message to Clarice.

<@Fabian> "Perhaps you wouldn't mind teaching me sometime?" Fabian asked, though really, he didn't have much interest at all in learning to do something he fully intended to have hired done the rest of his life. It was one more job to offer a struggling economic time, after all.

<@Fabian> "Though, there was something I had meant to talk to you about." he admitted once their appetizers started to arrive. He figured once the waiters were on their way back it'd be as good a time as any.

<Jessica> "Funny... I wanted to ask you something too..."

<@Fabian> "Well, by all means, you should go first."

<Clarice> Clarice looked at her phone and gave a deep sigh. Checking her reflection one last time she chewed her lip, she wasn't entierly sure this was a good idea but ... well, she'd agreed and she couldn't leave Jess hanging. She opened a portal and stepped through, appearing just outside the door to the resturant. Taking a deep breath she squared her shoulders and pushed open the door.

<Jessica> "Well first I wanted to ask you how long you thought you were going to get away with it... and then I wanted to ask you where you'd prefer to get punched."

<@Fabian> "...excuse me?" What exactly was he getting away with here? This was possibly one of the few times in his life Fabian Cortez wasn't trying to get away with something. What co-oh hell, had they decided to turn him over after all? After all, it would be damned easy to do so. It wasn't like his sister or any of the other Acolytes were going to be quiet about more people having been involved.

<Clarice> Okay, she could do this, she could be there for Jess 'cos they'd both been hurt. Deeeeep breaths, girl. She held her head high and marched over towards the table and tried her best to not look appologetic, she didn't have anything to appologise for here, "H-" her voice cracked a little and she coughed, "Hi, mind if I join you?"

<Jessica> "No, not at all, Clarice." Jess pulled a chair over for her, "I was just asking Fabian where he'd prefer I punched him."

<@Fabian> Wait...what now? The hint of fear that had been coming from Fabian's eyes switched to a look best described as 'are you shitting me?' "And I'm hoping to be filled in on a few steps as my initial conclusion of being finally turned in is probably wrong as I doubt you would be in on that, Clarice."

<Clarice> Clarice took the offered seat and tried to avoid fidgiting, "Huh? O-oh ... no, no you shouldn't go to jail um ... even if you were ... umm ..." she glanced over at Jess, "even if you were d-double dating us?" Argh! This was so awkward! What would Batman do? ... Batman would be the one double dating, let's face it. Curse you, role model, for not being applicable in this situation!

<@Fabian> "....that's it?" He looked between the two girls incredulously.

<Jessica> "That's it?! You say it like it's nothing!"

<Clarice> "You really upset us," Clarice added, the look he was giving them was not heping the 'maybe this isn't such a great idea' feelings ...

<Jessica> "Worse than that, you pissed me off."

<Fabian> "...and I'm wondering why?"

<Clarice> A look of intese confusion crossed Clarice's face at that question.

<Jessica> "Because you're dating both of us at the same time and didn't think it might be nice to mention that?"

<Fabian> "And here I was going to have a talk with you about why you considered us exclusive when I asked you on one date. I didn't mention it because it's quite presumptuous and weird to assume that I'm obligated to in my opinion."

<Jessica> "I think most people would assume if they're asked out on a date by someone that someone will at least wait until the date has happened before they go and agree to go on one with someone else!"

<Clarice> The confusion turned to bewhilderment on Clarice's part, "Umm ... yeah, I mean ... umm ... well I sorta thought ...?" Se trailed off misrably as Jess spoke. Wait? Was like ... dating multiple people an okay thing now? She didn't think it was ...

<Fabian> "I asked you out because, at the time I thought I may as well, you had been nice enough to me and it might be fun. I said yes to Clarice because she had been almost painfully nice to me when she certainly didn't have any reason to be."

<Fabian> "If I misled you to think things wer at the point where it would be inappropriate to be seeing other people then I do apologize for that...but I've also got to say who the hell gets to that point on the first date or even before?"

<Clarice> "You didn't have to say yes if you were already seeing someone," Clarice said quietly, "and ... umm ... I thought ... maybe ... everyone?" She was flushing hard now and fighting the temptation to just teleport away, she felt like such an idiot and she wasn't even sure why, "Everyone I know who's with someone has been all ... exclusive from the start?"

<Jessica> "I'm not going to pretend I have the first idea how relationships work but it would have been nice if you'd have been honest with me." She put emphasis on the word.

<Fabian> "...how did I lie about it?" And this is what you got for letting the lady go first. "And, from the shape of some of the relationships I've seen since coming here? It might've been more healthy for people to have dated around a bit, just saying."

<Fabian> He sighed, shrugging. "In any case, it's a moot point by now, isn't it?"

<Clarice> Clarice frowned at him, "What do you mean? Most people seem to have nice relationships?"

<Fabian> "Well, Professor Drake might've realized she was marrying someone capable of torture before it was too late for one."

<Jessica> And she couldn't help herself, she zapped Fabian across the table, "That has nothing to do with any of this!"

<Clarice> Clarice let out a small shriek and nearly fell back off her chair, a javelin half forming in her hands automatically before she dismissed it, "Jess!" They were getting a lot of stares thanks to that, mutants might be welcome but power displays usually weren't, "Are you okay, Fabian?"

<Fabian> Fabian...could sort of not feel his chest right now. "I...think so?" He prodded his chest, frowning. "I'm sorry if you're touchy about my example but Clarice did ask for one." That was just all levels of uncool there as far as Fabian was concerned. Therefore he deserved to have some of his drink.

<Fabian> "In any case, as I was saying, judging from this whole...show here I would say we don't really need continue our discussion?"

<Jessica> "I just would have prefered it if you'd been honest with me about what exactly you wanted. But I suppose now I know. And you owe Clarice an apology. I don't care about me but you upset her and that's not okay."

<Clarice> A look of panc crossed Clarice's face as she sank a little lower in her chair, like she was trying to hide as the patrons all stared at her.

<Fabian> "I'll talk with Clarice on my own, don't you worry. Now, however, I intend to enjoy a meal with feeling in my chest comes back. You're either welcome to join me or welcome to leave. Either way. I was never dishonest with you but you assumed some importance that you were not entitled to and I'm sorry we work differently."

<Clarice> "I'm fine with later, I prefer to keep things private anyways," Clarice said quickly, incase Jessica was going to push the point, she just wanted to go home and hide for a while again.

<Fabian> "Private is more productive. Thank you." He nodded, deciding some of the appetizers should go along with his drink. "It'll give me time to perhaps get a chestplate." He smirked.

<Jessica> Jess frowned, "Like I said, I'd rather you just told me flat out what you wanted. That's all. I'm more pissed that you didn't just say that than anything else."

<Fabian> "And I'm going to still be confused as to why you would assume any kind of exclusivity." He shrugged still. "But, that's up to you and that's that."

<Clarice> "Maybe we're just old fashioned?" Clarice suggested hessitantly and a little sadly.

<Jessica> "It's not the fact you were dating Clarice at the same time that bothers me, it's that you didn't say so."

<Fabian> "Exactly what else do you think you're owed then?" Fabian asked Jess, just slightly annoyed but not completely as the food here was delicious. "Anyway, if you want to be angry then by all means, be angry but this is a case where continually talking about this will only be circular."

<Clarice> Clarice half raised a hand like she was in class, "I ... umm ... I don't think he's ... gonna like ... see the error of his ways?" She hazarded.

<Jessica> "Why can't you see that it's not okay? From what I gather most people expect that when they're asked out on a date it's going to be exclusive at least until the date goes badly. If it's not a date then you should make it more clear."

<Fabian> "...who the hell said it wasn't a date?" How was she missing the point now? "In any case, you have nothing to worry about because obviously you're not going to be involved in it again as I've certainly have no interest in dating you casually or otherwise after this little fiasco of what I can only assume is some immature half-cracked plan of public embarassment."

<Jessica> She frowned, seriously considering zapping him again. "I'm starting to think I should have gone with my first impulse to beat the hell out of you."

<Clarice> If anyone was suffering from public embaressment, it was Clarice, she was steadily sinking lower and lower in her chair.

<Fabian> Fabian fought the desire to roll his eyes at the threat. He decided not to add to the threats as that just would be a bit beyond plus obviously it was neither him nor Jess that were suffering at this point. "A word of advice if this ever happens again with anyone else? Don't drag it out in public."

<Fabian> "You might hit what you're aiming for but the collatoral damage needs to be considered as well. This would have went over much better for all involved if we had a nice adult conversation instead of whatever melodramatic gesture this was meant to be. Now, can we all agree this little incident is over?"

<Jessica> Jess narrowed her eyes at him again, working very hard to contain her temper and her pheromones. The reason she'd opted to drag it out in public was so she didn't hit him but if he'd rather the other option she could oblige. "For now." she ground out.

<Fabian> "In that case I'm sorry you feel that way and if you'd rather stay here I'll gladly leave you to it and cover your dinner." He offered his hand to shake.

<Jessica> She didn't take it, instead standing up and (once she was sure she'd not forgotten anything) turning to leave. "Don't bother."

<Clarice> Clarice was cringing down so low in her chair only the top of her face was visible over the top of the table, and she watched Jess get ready to leave, "See you later, Jess," she said softly.

<Fabian> Fabian waited for a beat, then just sort of nodded at his hand and put it down. "I think it's safe to come out now if you'd like." He shrugged a bit Clarice's way, poking at his chest to see if any of the feeling had come back yet.

<Clarice> Clarice watched Jess storm out and parcially re-emerged, "... I think I've been very foolish ..." she said after a moment of silence.

<Fabian> "No, I don't really think you took part in much of the foolishness that just transpired...and I suppose given both of your histories I should have come closer to forseeing some misunderstanding like this as well."

<Clarice> "I feel like a fool," she sighed, "I ... I was angry but ... but well the thing about buddhism is that the intention counts just as much as the act ..." she gave him a long, somewhat sad look, "I don't believe you intended to hurt me?"

<Fabian> "The furthest thing from my intentions." Fabian nodded, deciding he might as well make sure all of the meaty food was away from Clarice so if she felt like it she could graize in peace. "I think your karma is intact or however that works."

<Clarice> Clarice gave him a rueful smile, "Why do I feel like I have to appologise to you now? I'm not even sure what for ..." she admitted with a sigh.

<Fabian> "Why don't we just decide neither of us need to apologize? We'll call ourselves even."

<Fabian> "Though, of course, considering our history I am pretty sure you'll always have something over me."

<Clarice> "I try not to keep score of things like that," Clarice gave him a small smile, glancing around the resturant. People seemed to have gone back to minding thier own buisness since it was obvious Clarice wasn't going to continue Jess' show.

<Clarice> "I think I need to start re-evaluating things ..." she said thoughtfully, "it's easier to see things in black and white ... but there's so much grey ... I dunno what to do about grey ..."

<Fabian> "Everything's grey and nobody knows what to do about that. It's the people who claim to always know that you need to worry about."

<Clarice> No, he was wrong about that, there was still some black and white, but she didn't have it in her for a debate over such, "... You still footing the bill?"

<Fabian> "The fact I'm practically made of money seems to be my only agreed upon redeeming quality."

<Clarice> Clarice managed to raise an eyebrow at that, "I think we can both agree you owe me dinner for this, then? Pass the humous, please."
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 8/15 Instance: Fifty Shades of Fabian

Post by TechPrincess »

Get him, girls! lol!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

<Clarice> What would Batman do? ... Batman would be the one double dating, let's face it. Curse you, role model, for not being applicable in this situation!
Awesome line there.

I think maybe Fabian's Hellfire Club mores won't fly so well at Xavier's.
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 »

...... that was terrible girls you didn't even make him feel bad!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

There's no making him feel bad. He's a ginger, therefore he lacks a soul. :cracked
PsychoKez056
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by PsychoKez056 »

This is very true, damn gingers