8/25 Instance: Poking Cartwheels

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

8/25 Instance: Poking Cartwheels

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

<Bobby> Bobby had to smile at the face Lorna was making. If he wasn't in such a good mood, he'd be jealous of that cup of coffee. "Should I leave you two alone?" He slid deeper into the overstuffed velvet chair and took a sip of his own coffee. It wasn't bad, he had to admit.

<Bobby> So far, their experimental date had been surprisingly good. Dinner hadn't been awkward, the movie had been fun as always, and so they found themselves out late in this dimly-lit, overpriced coffeehouse.

<Lorna> "No need for that," Lorna smirked over her giant cup of Jamacian Blue Mountain, "You can watch." She attempted a cheesy catwoman-like purr but snorted halfway through. "You know what we should do for our next movie night? The old Adam West Batman movie. Nothing better than shark repellant."

<Lorna> She sighed, content with her absolutely worth the price coffee, and sank back into her chair. "You know, I think these might be what our tribbles grow up to be. Either that or these are the Venus fly-traps of chairs."

<Bobby> "Watching is good," he laughed. "Sounds like a date. A little Kapow is always nice." Bobby decided if she was feeling like teasing him, he could return the favor. "I assume I'm getting a second date, miss?"

<Bobby> "If you snuggle back into that chair much more, we might have to take you home in it. James T might even be born in there."

<Lorna> "What shall we do for our second date, sir? Besides me possibly molesting this coffee?" Lorna patted the arm of the chair. "James T. could be proud of this chair. We shall even call it the Enterprise and the remote we keep by it Mr. Sulu."

<Bobby> "Well, we could check on that laser tag." He stretched out his leg to poke at the arm of her chair with his foot. "Put some wheels on the Enterprise for you."

<Lorna> "That would be good." She nodded about the tag, laughing as her chair scooted away from the table. "Nooo, I need more power! More!"

<Lorna> "So, I take it you had a good time?"

<Bobby> "I had an awesome time," he said, nodding an affirmative and deciding to go for broke. "I mean, the food was good, the movie was classic, but the best thing was the company." Bobby tried a sincere smile with his cheese.

<Lorna> That earned a smile that slowly spread over her face. "Me too," she said, finally cracking a grin. Everything about the night had just worked out, it was a nice change from sometimes tripping over her words and thoughts. Plus it just made her feel as if she was one more step closer to reconciling her present Bobby to who he truly was in her mind. "We're definitely going to be having a few of these nights."

<Bobby> "Good. I'm glad." Bobby looked down, taking a sip of the coffee and gnawing the edge of his lip. Finally he grinned at her. "Who am I kidding? I'm goddamn overjoyed. If we weren't in public, I might do a cartwheel." He tilted his head. "Hell, I could do one anyway. Dare me?"

<Lorna> "Yes." Lorna didn't even hesitate. "I want that very much and I wish I could join you but I don't think that'd be the best idea I had ever had in my life...so you may have to do another one for me?"

<Bobby> Bobby laughed, so thrilled that he couldn't give a shit less there were other people around. "I'll totally do it." Bobby set his coffee down and levered himself out of the depths of the squishy chair to sit on the edge. He looked left, he looked right. Nobody was in the way...

<Lorna> Lorna slid back, getting her phone ready to get a picture of this business. "You absolutely must do it or you'll regret it forever. And once Gollum is in the world I will be sure to pay you back for my cartwheel."

<Bobby> "I'm counting on it." Bobby gave her a cheesy grin and a wink and got up. He soberly straightened out his clothing, then did two perfect cartwheels to the counter, pulled out his wallet, and bought one of the big gooey brownies in the display case, as though he had done nothing unusual.

<Lorna> Lorna, however, was not nearly as composed as Bobby, laughing her ass off and snorting in her coffee until she realized what a horrible idea that was. Once she composed herself she stood up, giving him a round of applause from there. "Even the stingy Romanian judge would give you a good mark for that."

<Bobby> Bobby cracked up on his way back to their table with the treat, dropping a couple half bows to some other patrons who were either staring or laughing as well. Bobby set the plate down, gave Lorna a bow and before he could think too hard about it, took her hand and gave it a quick kiss before sitting down again.

<Bobby> He picked his coffee back up, blinking and hoping that last move hadn't ruined everything.

<Lorna> This was her Bobby and it was becoming more and more clear that he was going to remain just that for Lorna. She just smiled at the kiss, looking quite pleased and amused still as she sat back down. "So, you've made an intriging brownie purchase."

<Bobby> "Yeah!" Relieved she let him off the hook for the kiss, he spun the plate. "I was hungry after my performance. I suppose if you and Gollum want some I could be persueded to share."

<Lorna> "Gollum's first word is in danger of being 'precious' in context to gooey brownie goodness." Lorna pointed out, getting her fork at the ready.

<Bobby> "That could be cute, could be.... really scary." Bobby took a bite of the brownie and then remembered. "Oh yeah... I got something to show you." Putting his fork down, he unbuttoned a few top buttons on his shirt.

<Lorna> "I'm thinking really, really scary." Lorna admitted, arching an eyebrow as she leaned in to see what it was he was showing her. "Is...is that the one ring?"

<Bobby> "Indeed it is." People were already watching him after the cartwheels, so he figured public exposure was the next act. "In honor of Gollum there. Rachel did it. It's... still kind of healing."

<Lorna> "That is brilliant! In that case I'll just...not pat it." She had to laugh though, leaning back in her seat. "That is truly fantastic. That is going to be something to embarass our kid forever showing their friends."

<Bobby> "Yeah, it was kind of an experiment too, to see if it lasts when I..." Bobby wriggled his fingers into the air. "But hopefully it will." He took another bite of the brownie.

<Lorna> "Yeah, that is a good question. Have you tried any of it then?" She asked, taking a bite as well. "I guess you just have to sort of concentrate on keeping the ink where you want it when you come back if at all possible."

<Bobby> "Yeah... I've been trying to learn to come back with clothes too, but I think it's impossible." He fiddled with his fork. "I haven't tried since I got it done. Haven't had to go to base for training this week."

<Lorna> "Yeah, the clothes I imagine would be a bit much...you'd feel awful fuzzy as ice. That'd be a bit much." She pulled a face, just trying to imagine that.

<Bobby> "The, uh, SWORD uniforms are, like, next generation of the X-Men uniforms, but they still can't take molecular disassembly too well. Darren was thrilled to see me naked again, as you can imagine."

<Lorna> "I can't blame him, it's a thrilling thing." Lorna smirked, just imagining how that went. "How's the team going then?"

<Bobby> Bobby returned the smirk before taking another bite and drink of coffee. "I play fetch with Kyle a lot."

<Lorna> That earned a snort. "Oh now that is great. That is a great government skill there, sort of sad I'm missing out now."

<Bobby> "Well, it's never too late, after James T Gollum there arrives." Bobby's eyes flicked down to the bump.

<Lorna> "Good point, we've got a school full of babysitters, after all."

<Bobby> He was genuinely surprised. "Darren said... you weren't so impressed with it. With the idea of SWORD, I mean."

<Lorna> "Well, I'm not quite sure what all is involved but we'll see, yeah?" She shrugged. "I mean, what you were going to be shoehorned into because they could I definitely wasn't onboard with but is that really a part of it?"

<Bobby> Bobby looked down and played with his fork, internally sighing. "It's not, and now... well, I won't have to do it for SHIELD either." He shifted uncomfortably. "Fury... you might have noticed he's more than a little manipulative. When I was given the option of, well, vivisection, or a public trial, that could have exposed everybody, followed by vivisection... I took the third option."

<Lorna> She nodded. "Yeah, it's questionable territory with Fury though I suppose he's done us pretty well overall. We'll just...have to see." Lorna shrugged, going back to the brownie. "In any case so far so good."

<Bobby> "Oh, I think he's on our side for the most part, but he's still... well, he's a spook." Bobby watched her for a moment and then took another bite himself. "I made him promise me, for what that was worth, that I'd never have to do anything against the school... or anybody here. He seemed honest that he still wants the best for us."

<Lorna> "He's been good about that with Darren, don't see why he'd turn now unless the school went way off the reservation." Lorna shrugged. "Plus he's provided backup for us a lot as well so so far Fury seems pretty pro here...though we're also making him potential agents, too, so can't blame him there."

<Bobby> "True." He didn't say that he and Rogue were the ones off the reservation and look how that had ended for him. "And now we'll be your backup," he nodded.

<Lorna> She raised her coffee cup to that. "It's not a bad system, yeah?"

<Bobby> "Not at all." He reached over and tapped his cup against hers before taking a drink. "Gotta admit that was the main appeal of his offer too... to be able to help out again. Help you. ....make up for... stuff. At least as much as I could."

<Lorna> She nodded as she drank, sitting her cup back down. "It's good to know you still have my back, got to say."

<Bobby> "Absolutely I do." She'd told him not to apologize anymore, so he wouldn't, as much as he wanted to.

<Lorna> She sank into the chair, smiling as things just felt right for the moment. "To that." she raised her cup.

<Bobby> "Amen." Bobby smiled broadly and raised his cup as well before taking a drink. "So," he said, nodding at the baby bump. "How's junior liking the coffee and chocolate?"

<Lorna> "Gollum's as happy as if we had given him a raw fish, losing his little former hobbit mind." Lorna replied, patting her stomach. "I'm going to regret the caffeine probably."

<Bobby> "He kicky? ...she? I can't wait to find that out." Bobby was itching to be able to touch her and feel their baby, hoping he didn't look too scarily eager.

<Lorna> Lorna was motioning him over anyway. "Well, that'll be soon. We'll go down to Scott and Hank's pretty soon, after all, for it."

<Bobby> His grin got bigger and he wasted no time moving over to her, biting his lip as he put his hand on her stomach.

<Lorna> There was some definite squirming going on in there as their child enjoyed the effects of coffee, brownies, and everything else Lorna had enjoyed that day. "What do you think?"

<Bobby> "....that I'm dreaming, 'cause this is..." Something poked out at him and he slid his hand over to better feel it. "Wow..." He smiled up at her, trying to keep his emotions in check. "It's amazing. You're amazing." Bobby leaned closer and talked to her belly. "And so are you!"
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: 8/25 Instance: Poking Cartwheels

Post by Svartfreja »

Yay! Now Peeto and Bobberz can share stories about how awesome and WEIRD it is! :cracked That was such a sweet and funny instance. Cartwheels in a coffee shop! That could have ended in disaster!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

So cute!!! I am squeeing!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Darren - "Fuckin' FINALLY!"

Adorable instance guys.
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"