9/27 Instance: Dose of Vitamin Snark

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

9/27 Instance: Dose of Vitamin Snark

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: after Happy Accident

Tony: Arm rested on the arm of the chair he was sitting in, Tony loosely clutched a glass between his fingers as he stared at the girl sitting across from him. She'd been shown in and offered a seat a few moments ago, and now he was at a loss of words for once in his life. What exactly did you say to a daughter you never knew? ...Hell, he couldn't even imagine what he'd say if he had one he knew about from the beginning.

Tony: Eventually he opened his mouth to speak, going for a blunt approach, "Well, this is awkward."

Hope: "Yeah... just a bit." Hope sighed a bit. She eyed him a bit, then moved to the bar to pour herself a glass of rum. She needed rum. And coke. "I never actually thought I'd get a hit..."

Tony: "I guess that's one thing we have in common," Tony said as he considered his scotch. Then, he realized she'd moved to the bar. His brow furrowed, "That's mine."

Hope: "And?" She gave him a look.

Tony: He blinked, "And, it's mine. To drink."

Hope: Hope rolled her eyes and took her glass of rum and coke back to her seat. "Should have told your sperm to make alcohol taste bad then."

Tony: Tony sighed heavily and knocked back his scotch, reaching for the bottle on the stand to pour himself another glass. He was obviously going to need it. "I'm not sure there's a part of me that could oppose alcohol."

Hope: "Well, then stop hogging it all." She smirked at him a bit. He wasn't so bad... right?

Tony: "I might need it all at this rate."

Hope: "Yeah you aren't the only one. I expected some dead beat in a trailer park... you know... go kick his ass a bit for being a deadbeat." She twirled the glass a bit in her hand. "I wasn't even going to contact you."

Tony: Tony leaned back in his seat and propped his feet on the coffee table, "Technically, you didn't anyway. Agent Kent did."

Hope: "I just figured you had plenty of people claiming to be over the years with your... financial situation." She shrugged a bit.

Tony: He gave a shrug in return, "Most people don't come with test results."

Hope: Hope smiled a bit. She reached into her purse and pulled out the picture of her mom. She handed it over to him. "Do you remember her?"

Tony: Tony stretched to reach the picture and took a drink as he looked it over, slowly nodding as he swallowed.

Hope: "She wasn't Carolina Spalding was she?" Hope asked softly.

Tony: He shook his head, offering the picture back as he simply answered, "No, she wasn't."

Hope: Hope took the picture from him and stared at it. "Who was she?"

Tony: Tony most definitely felt uneasy and covered it with a long drink. Things had taken another turn toward awkward. "Summers. Hayley Summers."

Hope: Hope blinked a bit. "Where the hell did she get Spalding from then?"

Tony: "Well, they both begin with the same letter," he shrugged.

Hope: "So does Stark but she didn't use your name either.... just... what was she hiding from? Or whom?" Hope stared down at her dead mother a moment more before putting the picture onto the table. She forced herself to look up at her living father.

Tony: ""Because my name would be completely inconspicuous," Tony rolled his eyes a bit, taking another sip.

Hope: "Well that didn't answer my question though." She eyed him a bit. Was she hiding from him?

Tony: "Maybe I don't have one."

Hope: Hope sat for as long as she could tolerate the uncomfortable silence. "So... what happens now?"

Tony: Tony had spent the awkward silence staring down into his cup. His brow furrowed at the question. He shot back with one of his own, "What do you want to happen?"

Hope: Hope wasn't sure how to answer that. So she maturely responded with. "I asked you first."

Tony: "Well, fine... Since we're doing this my way, not that we would've done it your way anyway..." he started, pausing to finish off his drink, "This stays quiet."

Hope: "Yeah since I'm so anxious to talk to the press." She rolled her eyes.

Tony: "Right..." Tony got to his feet and considered her, "I suppose we're done here."

Hope: "What does that mean? Am I on the Christmas card list or the invited to Thanksgiving dinner list?"

Tony: He raised an eyebrow, "I have those?"

Hope: "Probably not, but I'd hope you'd understand the inference associated with each one."

Tony: Tony sighed. Children were so needy. "We'll discuss it some other time."

Hope: Hope resisted the urge to roll her eyes at him. Yeah, he was a douche. "Super." She started gathering up her things.

Tony: Now that he'd suffered through all this awkwardness, Tony decided he'd earned himself another drink and poured one. He considered what was left in the bottle. Yeah, he'd totally earned that too. It could come to work with him. Grabbing it, he turned to face her once more, "Lovely talk, I'll let you know about Thanksgiving, nice meeting you, and so on... Security will see you out."

Hope: "Security? You need security to show me out?"

Tony: "Well, I don't need them to because I'm sure you don't need them either, however they'll be seeing you out anyway. If I'm stuck with them, so are you," Tony shot her a slight grin and started out the door himself.

Hope: "Wait... what?!" She started after him. "They are coming with me?"

Tony: "Until I find someone more suitable," he nodded to one of the guys that'd been stationed outside the door, "You won't even know they're there half the time, so don't worry. Now, if you don't mind, I have to help run a country on top of things to invent."

Hope: Hope rubbed her forehead. The hell had she gotten herself into? "What are they supposed to do when I go on missions then?"

Tony: "That's your problem to figure out," Tony called back to her, turning to continue down the hall, "You had to get some genius from me. Put it to use."

Hope: "Apparently my bitchiness too." She muttered and headed the opposite way.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 9/27 Instance: Dose of Vitamin Snark

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Terrific. I love Tony.

And it's Vitamin Snark, not "Stark". And while it's definitely a "snarky" instance, it's a very "starky" instance as well. However, this play on words with the title? It's lit-er-ally the punniest title we've had, possibly all year. (Sorry, I'm on a Parks & Rec kick. Like saying everything is awesome, keeps people upbeat.)

Also, this is my 5160'th post. Lame. I can do better.

Also,
Tony: Now that he'd suffered through all this awkwardness, Tony decided he'd earned himself another drink and poured one. He considered what was left in the bottle. Yeah, he'd totally earned that too. It could come to work with him. Grabbing it, he turned to face her once more, "Lovely talk, I'll let you know about Thanksgiving, nice meeting you, and so on... Security will see you out."

Hope: "Security? You need security to show me out?"

Tony: "Well, I don't need them to because I'm sure you don't need them either, however they'll be seeing you out anyway. If I'm stuck with them, so are you," Tony shot her a slight grin and started out the door himself.

Hope: "Wait... what?!" She started after him. "They are coming with me?"
Oh the troubles this shall cause.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Am I the only one to notice that Hope's related to Doc "Great" Scott!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Oh dear god, a Summers/Stark hybrid! We're all doomed!

Great instance guys. :LOL I could totally hear RDJ saying Tony's lines. :shifty
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

>_< yeah I can hear RDJ saying them as well.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

I hit both of her canon names with her backstory :D
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean