10/8 Instance: Childbirth for Dummies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/8 Instance: Childbirth for Dummies

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a day or two before Leading Lizard

<Pietro> Pietro sighed as he knelt in front of Teagan's memorial, clearing off all the dead leaves that the wind had blown over. He felt bad for not coming back sooner but, for various reasons, he just hadn't felt ready. Once the leaves were cleared away, he laid the flowers he'd bought with him at the memorial and sat down, folding his arms on his knees. "I'm sorry, Tea..."

<Bobby> Bobby'd seen him on one of his trudges from the mansion back to the boathouse. There was only one place he could be going, so Bobby gave him a few minutes of privacy before heading to Teagan's memorial. He shuffled through the colorful fallen leaves, sliding his hands into his pockets. "Hey, man."

<Pietro> Pietro turned his head to acknowledge his presence, "Hey..." he looked back up at the memorial.

<Bobby> Licking his lips, he slowly moved toward the memorial and came to a stop near Pietro. He looked up at Teagan's face and sighed softly, giving her his usual silent apology.

<Pietro> "I haven't been here since the service." He ran a hand through his hair.

<Bobby> "Sometimes I come by... tell her what's going on, tell her I'm sorry." Bobby shifted his weight, fiddling with some change in his pocket.

<Pietro> He frowned, "I told her that too... I shouldn't have left that day." He got to his feet and brushed off the leaf litter from his pants.

<Bobby> "Not sure how much difference it would have made."

<Pietro> "I doubt it would have made any difference... except for that I wouldn't feel like I failed her again." He scrubbed his face with his hands.

<Bobby> "Yeah. I know that feeling." Bobby pulled one hand from his pocket to rub the back of his neck.

<Pietro> "I wish there was something more I could have done... I feel like... like it's happening again." he looked over at Bobby, "Except now it's worse because even if the opportunity came up to do something I'd have to ignore it."

<Bobby> "Heh. I'm doing something... with SWORD anyway... but nothing that's been of any use." He scratched at the stubble on his chin. "Rogue's still out there, fucking nuts, Rae's out there, fucking nuts, and seems like half the school suddenly decided to try out the human life."

<Pietro> "But at least if you get information you can go out and use it. I'm stuck off duty. No x-men stuff for me." He walked around the memorial. "Everything's gone to hell all over again. You'd think after what happened last semester the universe would be nice and give us a break."

<Bobby> Bobby snorted. "Hell, it might be doing it because of last semester." His gaze fell on the roses at the base of the memorial.

<Pietro> He raked his fingers through his hair. "That would suck too... or more..." he frowned, "One thing's for sure, it needs to clear up before December."

<Bobby> "Yeah, I hear you there." He moved closer and faced Pietro, putting on a grin. "How is the little lady?"

<Pietro> "Not so little," he managed a grin back and shook his head. "Other than that and needing to pee every five minutes, she's pretty good. We both are."

<Bobby> Bobby laughed. "Not that you can tell her she's not so little, yeah?" He crossed his arms. "But I feel you on the peeing. Lorna pees so much it makes me want to piss more for her."

<Pietro> He laughed, "Yeah, sadly it doesn't work that way... and no, it's more than my life's worth to tell her that."

<Bobby> "Lorna is lighter than a feather in my book, especially since things are just now getting good again." He really smiled at that, just thinking of her... and this morning in their bed.

<Pietro> "I'm glad things are getting back to normal between you two... didn't really seem fair that Illyana and I were doing so well when you two were fighting."

<Bobby> "It's so, so much better now." Bobby realized his smile had probably grown to dopey proportions and didn't care. "She's forgiven me, and I think the baby has too." He chuckled. "She's been giving me the little baby brofist of solidarity."

<Pietro> He laughed, "Well good. We're still keeping it a surprise. Two is enough of a surprise to deal with still..." he shook his head. "Still having trouble grasping that one."

<Bobby> "I can't imagine two... I can't imagine Illyana dealing with two in there... like, do they wrestle?" He cocked his head. "Little Lorna wriggles all the time, and like... flips and kicks." Bobby wrinkled his nose in a grin. "It's awesome to feel her moving around in there."

<Pietro> I haven't asked... and I'm not going to because that just... no..." it was enough that it was in his head now.

<Bobby> Bobby let out a cackle at Pietro's expression. "Aww, but they're your kids!"

<Pietro> "And I'm sure there'll be plenty of wrestling when they're old enough to get up on their own and there aren't any umbilical cords to strangle each other with." He nodded sagely.

<Bobby> The comment about cords made him wrinkle his nose a little again. "Yeah... the whole... coming out part..." He shuddered.

<Pietro> "Oh don't..." he put his face in his hands, "I'm trying to ignore all of that until it actually happens. It's hard work with a brain like mine, let me tell you."

<Bobby> "The book I read said twins are usually a c-section... which I'm not sure sounds better or worse." Bobby shifted his weight again and scrubbed a hand over his own face.

<Pietro> "... If you're going to keep making me think about this I'm going to need a drink."

<Bobby> "Me too. There might just be one... but babies coming out of... places..." Bobby didn't have to fake his look of horror. He wanted the baby, but he was just getting reacquainted with those places... "Uuargh."

<Pietro> "Yeah... let's go get that drink and change the subject to something less.... horrifying..."

<Bobby> Bobby nodded, still looking like he had sucked a lemon. "Much booze required..."

<Pietro> "Bar?" he suggested, gesturing vaguely in the direction of the city.

<Bobby> "Bar," Bobby confirmed, and started walking. He paused. "I'll drive. My delicate constitution can't handle another speed-ride right now."

<Pietro> "Awesome. I hate driving." He fell into step beside Bobby, "Drinks are on me."

<Bobby> "Deal." Bobby dug out his keys and gave Pietro a nod. "Booze to take the terror away..." He made another face. "The book... it said it... stretches so much it can tear... y'know... down there."

<Pietro> He nodded, pulling a face, "Yeeeeah.... booze first. No more talking."

<Bobby> Bobby just nodded, feeling a little green. Silently, they got into the truck and silently they drove.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Re: 10/8 Instance: Childbirth for Dummies

Post by TechPrincess »

Poor boys. lol
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean