11/11 Instance: Truth and Reconciliation

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

11/11 Instance: Truth and Reconciliation

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: immediately after Not So Thankful

Rachel: Rachel had cut through the kitchen to open the bottle of wine before heading out to the patio, despite the cold weather. She brushed some snow out of her way and took a seat on the picnic table, placing the wine next to her while she shook a cigarette from the pack with a sigh. That had... gone about as well as she'd expected it to.

Mayday: "H-hey, Rachel?", Mayday called out, jogging a little to catch up with her, "Hey, er....are you alright?"

Rachel: She blinked at the sound of her name and looked over her shoulder, giving a small wave. She was sure the surprise was written all over her face, as she hadn't really expected anyone to come after her or particularly care, given what she'd done. After taking a drag and exhaling, Rachel pulled the smoke from between her lips, "I suppose I'm as well as I can be with the circumstances... What about you?"

Mayday: "W-well, my face is better.", Mayday smiled a little wryly, "I was....kinda concerned is all.", she thought for a moment, "Look, to be honest, I think I was a total bitch. I'm sorry....and I wanted to talk to you about....you."

Rachel: Not entirely sure if smoke bothered the other girl or not, she carefully stubbed it out to save for later, opting for a drink from the bottle instead. "I'm glad your face is fine, and to be fair... I'm kind of a total bitch, so... It's cool," Rachel shrugged, blinking a bit, "You want to talk about me?"

Mayday: "....yeah.", Mayday nodded, approaching her a little timidly, "I shouldn't have said some of the things I said, Rach. They weren't fair. Not without knowing why you did....everything...", she stood next to Rachel, "...I suppose...I don't know, I suppose it makes sense. You wanted revenge, right?"

Rachel: Rachel shoved some more snow off the table and scooted, patting the spot next to her for May. At the mention of why she'd done it, she looked down to the ring on her finger and nodded, "I did. Nur, Apocalypse, whatever... He killed my husband. To set me off."

Rachel: After a pause, she muttered, "Guess it worked."

Mayday: Mayday gulped: she truthfully had no idea that it had even happened. She sat down where offered, "I....I had no idea.", she confessed, blinking at the ring in Rachel's hands. "...I didn't know..."

Rachel: "Most people don't take me for the marrying type," she gave a small smirk, though it quickly dropped. Pushing her fingers through her hair, she reached for the bottle and continued, "Josh... Bobby called him Threepio because he was gold... He could heal people..." Trailing off, she took a drink.

Mayday: "That's a pretty cool power.", Mayday smiled a little, trying to make light talk of it, "W-what happened? How did Nur get involved?"

Rachel: "When I was a student here, I was taken by Essex the first time he showed up. Sort of." Really, she'd failed miserably and fell out of the fucking air duct while trying to rescue the ones that had been taken. "I guess Nur wanted power, and Essex knew I was around..."

Mayday: Mayday tensed a little, frowning and clasping her hands together, "....then what?"

Rachel: "They broke into my apartment, kidnapped me, experimented..." she shrugged, "When I woke up... Well... I don't know if you've seen Jason down in the medlab? But, that happened. Josh and I moved back here, and he... he didn't come back..." She sucked in a breath and went on, "SHIELD got in on the search and everything, but I ran into Nur in the Hellfire Club..."

Rachel: The rest had been in the news, so she just trailed off again.

Mayday: "....I am so, so sorry.", Mayday trembled as she spoke. She couldn't even look at Rachel, "...I-I just...I just never knew. The destruction, the pain you caused to others....I was so sure you were just like....a villain.", she felt pathetic even saying the word, "...I was such a bitch...", she felt a tear slip from her eye.

Mayday: "God, I'm such a hypocrite.", she wiped the tear away, her hand lingering over her face, "It never even occurred to me that you might have had such a thing happen....how horrible is that?"

Rachel: Rachel held the bottle out in offering, "It's easy to see all the bad and overlook the good, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. Personally, I don't think any of that justifies what I did, and it's going to take a lot more than apologizing to make up for it."

Mayday: Mayday accepted the bottle, taking a sip from it and coughing a little at the aftertaste, "S-sorry, I don't drink much.", she smirked a little, "...look, maybe it doesn't justify it, but...well...honestly, I can understand."

Rachel: "I probably drink too much, honestly. It was, like, a hobby of mine and Josh's," she smirked back. "I'm glad you're making an effort to understand, so thanks."

Mayday: "I-It's fine. I owe it to....well, myself.", Mayday explained, "I spent ages telling Cee she should be more accepting of the trauma that people like Eddie are going through with their powers, and I....well, I didn't even consider you might feel similar.", she eyed the bottle again, "D-d'you mind if I.....?"

Rachel: "More than enough for both of us," Rachel pushed the bottle back to her. "I mean, I knew I was having some issues with my powers, but I thought I could handle it. It was a bit downhill from there."

Rachel: Blowing out a breath, she gave a small shrug, "As for everyone else, they'll either come around or they won't. If they don't, whatever. I don't need them to like me."

Mayday: Mayday took a large few gulps of the wine and coughed again at it, giggling a little childishly, "So....how are you re-intergrating into Xavier's?"

Rachel: Rachel snagged the bottle for a long drink herself, "I think I'm going to settle in, attempt some apologies, hopefully make up for some of the things I've done... There was talk of a teaching position. I don't know about you, but it sounds completely terrifying to me."

Mayday: "Ahm.....y-yeah, that could be....problematic.", Mayday pulled an awkward face, "I mean, if you were teaching Cecilia and Jess at the same time? Crazy!"

Rachel: Rachel looked over to the other red-head, "I'm hoping it's more after all this blows over... unless they just don't get along?"

Mayday: "Cecilia's just a bit of a hot-head, and Jess? Well....Jess can be kinda dramatic.", Mayday shrugged with a laugh, "It'll be fine. I mean, I was upset with you, too, but....well, come on: it turned out ok, didn't it? E-except for Nur..."

Mayday: "I wanna be honest...", she went on, "...I disagree with your decision with him."

Rachel: She took another drink, staring down at the snow on the ground. Nur was the part that she didn't particularly feel anything for. "Yeah?"

Mayday: Mayday squirmed a little, "Rach, you killed a man.", she said plainly, "I know he was evil, maybe unforgivably so, but....I just can't believe it's the only way. It's not right...", she felt the same sadness looking at Rachel as she had with Adam all those months ago when this had reached its apex, "....this isn't justice."

Rachel: "It's not, but I can't say I feel as badly over him as I do others," Rachel admitted, quickly adding, "Not that I feel good over it either. It's... an empty feeling, really."

Mayday: "I guess that makes sense.", Mayday nodded, "At least you actually feel something. W-when I spoke to Adam about the X-Force, he seemed....well...justified. I couldn't believe it.", she put her hand on Rachel's, "But....it's ok. I can forgive you, I just...I hope you can. Soon."

Rachel: "Putting him in the dirt didn't bring Josh back and it sure as hell didn't do any wonders for me, so I can't imagine feeling justified," she shook her head and managed a smile for May, "It's going to take a bit, but I think I'll get there."

Mayday: At that, Mayday nodded again, smiling back widely, "I'm glad. I'm really glad.", she yawned a little, "Ok, I think I'm gonna go back inside; got the sleepies after eating, I guess.", she grinned, patting her stomach, "God, I'm so fat sometimes!"

Rachel: "It's Thanksgiving. That makes being fat acceptable," Rachel assured her. "I'll probably hang out here for a bit, but sleep well. I'll see you around."

Mayday: Mayday stood up, "Yeah, I hope so.", she nodded, walking away and stopping at the door, turning around once more, "You know, I meant what I said, right? All of it."

Rachel: Rachel had been in the process of lighting her cigarette back up and gave a nod in answer, quietly mumbling, "So did I."

Mayday: With a final nod and a smile, Mayday left her alone, feeling better for putting her own issues to rest. At least for now.